My One Night Chance | Wattys...

Par persistent_love_

Arden Parker is trapped in a sealed deal with deadly consequences with a betrothed on the other end of the st... Plus

#introduction
#1 | Secrets and Heartbeats
#2 | Here comes the... what?
#4 | Attraction is a Spell
#5 | Playfully yours
#6 | My One Night Stand
#7 | Morning Bubbles
#8 | Teasing and Dominance

#3 | Fake it until you make it

107 12 1
Par persistent_love_

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I yelled at her. "You can't marry me away for money!"

"We're on the edge of getting evicted, Arden. No matter how much I work, sell or try... it won't be enough to cover our debts", she said in a sad tone while her hope faded away into the grief she lived her life in. I looked down, playing with my nails...

"I can't do it, mom. I'm too young and I've hardly lived..." I held back my tears while a big lump got shaped in my throat. "I don't want to be sold for money, mom..."

"You're not getting sold. You're getting a husband with a lot of money. It's not ideal but it's a plan to save our future. Or we'll end up on the street." She sighed deeply. "I'm happy they accepted this."

I looked down, even lower than before. The way she spoke and the way she looked at me.

"I don't have a choice, do I?"

"The deal is already sealed", she said and I looked at her. My heart ached and I couldn't hold my tears back. They created a waterfall down my cheeks and my mascara flushed with it. "I'm sorry but you have to do this. For your family. The engagement ball is next weekend."

I started to cry in an unstoppable rate and shook my head. My pulse increased every minute and I couldn't contain my feelings.

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed from the bottom of my lungs and ran out, whipping my dripping nose and endless tears away. My sight was foggy and all I could think about was how life punished me and how SHE punished me.

I ran as fast as I could to the only place I knew I could be safe from her. From it. From everything. I ran to Tracy's house. Her parents were away for the week and it was the perfect place to cry.

She held me tightly while we were sitting on her bed and she squeezed me as I cried more. I couldn't stop crying. My heart broke into million pieces and all I could think about was how my youth was stolen. I was marrying someone I didn't want to marry...

"I-I-" Tracy stuttered as she squeezed me a bit. "How could she do this?"

"I don't know..." I sobbed into her neck as her black raven hair smelled like fresh berries. I looked at her family pictures over at her desk and more tears started to drop down. "My life is over. My crush isn't in love with me. My mother is marrying me away and I haven't even lived a wild and crazy life." I wiped my tears as more just came.

The room got silent for a second or two. It was a depressing silence that consumed us.

"Well... I can't help with the wedding part," Tracy started. "But I can help with the wild and crazy life part", Tracy said and got eye contact with me.

"Huh?"

"How about a crazy night out? You know, go out, kissing boys. Even go all the way if you find a really hot guy." She winked flirtatious as the flirt she was. "You know, live a trouble free life for one night."

"But it would only be for one night", I sighed disappointed.

"Maybe one night is better than nothing", Tracy added quickly while shrugging. I looked at her while thinking, biting my lower lip.

"What do you say? Wanna go out and have some fun?"

I thought everything through in my life so I wouldn't disappoint my mother but this time I didn't care. There was nothing left for me to lose or care about. Nothing I would effect my brother poorly and my mother only thought about our debts.

"I got nothing to lose", I smiled and winked. "Let's do this!" Tracy cheered happily and started to dance.

"That's my girl!" She cheered and started to dance our goofy dance. We ended up laughing more than dancing but it was nice compared to my crying session. "I got some clothes you can borrow. It's time to make you smoking."

"Have fun. You're free to do whatever you want."

An evil and mysterious grin appeared as I said that on Tracy. It didn't even pass a second and I was already regretting those words.

"I'll choose outfits. You have no say, beauty", she said with a smirk and started to look in her wardrobe. I leaned against the door and crossed my arms, getting dark thoughts.

"Nothing too slutty, please?"

"I would never!" She giggled and I rolled my eyes. Slutty outfits were coming.

Tracy placed me at her make up table and started to fix my hair, brushing and fluffing until it sparked and shined beautifully. She did my make up, simple and elegant. Perfect in my style. And the clothes... not that bad. She dressed me in a dark, silvery crop too with a matching skirt and silver jewellery. Youth, elegance and looking rich. That was Tracy's motto.

Club Savoy 24

The club was crowded and the music was blasting from the stereos as the flashing lights of red, blue and white consumed the crowed who danced to the latest hits and flirting, seductive couples made their ways to the bar.

"It's very crowded!" I yelled to Tracy so she would hear me.

"But that's the best kind of party!" She winked flirtatiously and giggled. "How about a drink and then some dancing."

"Sounds great because I can't wait to shake what mama gave me", I said and make an awkward yet perfectly awesome dance move. I wasn't much of a talent when it came to dancing but I loved dancing with my best friend. Tracy just laughed and covered her mouth, trying to not get attention.

"Let's go, Wild Girl", she giggled and moved swiftly to the bar as I skipped after gracefully.

But as soon as Tracy drank one shot she had to go to the ladies room. She wasn't meant to be drinking. She would probably go two more times before we would be able to shake it. And I did what any responsible and educated young person would do -
Look at my InstaFace flow. I gasped when I saw the most popular video of the evening.

The singing cat video.

I giggled to myself and I kept watching it. Who wouldn't love a singing cat singing Meow Meow in repeat. But suddenly my phone buzzed and I looked at the message tab: Mom.

Maybe it's important, I thought to myself. I rolled my eyes and opened the message. The massage hit me with a bang. A loud one. Probably as large as the Big Bang.

"That's your future husband. Isn't he a cutie!" She wrote as I watched a picture of a brown haired... boy. He looked young... younger than me with his round glasses and his Lord of the ring book. Suddenly that book lost my old love for it. He was anything than manly. I wasn't superficial or thought about the looks. It wasn't the important part I looked at but this... this was different because I knew him. Too well.

"EDGAR WALLIS HAWLEY?!" I bursted out, making everyone look at me as I covered my mouth in shock.

I remembered those tiny arms, glasses, chestnut hair and nerdy smile anywhere. It was Edgar - a boy I couldn't stand and a boy I absolutely could not marry.

Tracy walked over to me from the bathroom, straightening out her dress as she was thinking.

"I heard you shout. What's going on?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at me. I covered my face with my hands, devastated knowing who my future husband is.

"My forced fiancé is Edgar Wallis Hawley."

"Bookworm Edgar? Isn't his goal to become the president or something", she asked with a hidden giggle in her voice.

"He's already trying. God, I remember him from my childhood. He was a tiny adult in a boy's body already at the age of five!"

"Well... He's filthy rich at least. Who knows, maybe good in bed too."

"He's too focused on his books to interact with people. All he knows is books, computers and more books!" I groaned unhappily massaging my head. "I'm marrying a walking library."

Tracy gave me a strawberry shot and bumped me out of the chair.

"Cheer up! We're here to have fun so drink up and let's shake it until we make it!" She drank hers and winked. I smiled a bit, enjoying her enthusiasm.

"Let's shake it."

We moved elegantly to the dance floor and we giggled as some men looked at us, enjoying the view of us together. Tracy started to dance seductively to tease them and I smiled as I looked at the dancing crowed. People danced everywhere and anywhere, kissing couples filled the corners and the ladies danced close to the bar as the men kept the bartenders busy. Some serious couples danced together on the dance floor and some groups just fooled around having a ball.

The DJ changed the music to I Put A Spell On You by Annie Lennox and I turned around, yawning.

And that's when I saw him.

Dreamy, steamy, sweet perfection.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please tap the star and vote! And don't forget to comment ;)

Keep Reading To Fine Out!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

96.8K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
1.3M 43.1K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
4.8K 538 27
SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE / ROMANTIC SUSPENSE ⋆ They say you meet the same people on the way up and on the way down. In her wildest dreams and story plot...