Until We Break (Formerly Wick...

By MatthewD_Writes

Until We Break is now published as a Paperback, Hardcover and E-book from W by Wattpad Books! As a Wattpad re... More

Wicked, Wild, Wonderful
UNTIL WE BREAK
Excerpt
PROLOGUE
ACT ONE: CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
ACT TWO: CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
ACT THREE: CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION
Original Edition: Chapter One
Original Edition: Chapter Two
Original Edition: Chapter Three
Original Edition: Chapter Four
Original Edition: Chapter Five
Original Edition: Chapter Six
Original Edition: Chapter Seven
Original Edition: Chapter Eight
Original Edition: Chapter Nine
Original Edition: Chapter Ten
Original Edition: Chapter Eleven
Original Edition: Chapter Twelve
Original Edition: Chapter Thirteen
Original Edition: Chapter Fourteen
Original Edition: Chapter Fifteen
Original Edition: Chapter Sixteen
Original Edition: Chapter Seventeen
Original Edition: Chapter Eighteen
Original Edition: Chapter Nineteen
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-One
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Two
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Three
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Four
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Five
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Six
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Seven
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Eight
Original Edition: Chapter Twenty-Nine
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-One
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Two
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Three
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Four
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Five
Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Six
Original Edition: Epilogue

Original Edition: Chapter Thirty

667 24 18
By MatthewD_Writes

RIVERSIDE HARDLY EVER KEPT ANY REAL WIND, BUT TODAY IT DID. Today it was so windy that Cairo double-checked the weather forecast to see if something was wrong. The sun was lost behind some wispy clouds too, as if a storm was making its presence known to all the residents of Riverside so that they could get out in time. Naomi Morgan was familiar with storms, she should have realized something was off. But, how could she when Saint was holding her waist on his bicycle out in the open, guiding her and instructing her how to pedal and how to stay balanced? Despite the weather, it was still one of the best days of her life. Such things were rare these days.

Chyna was sat atop a chair that she took from the front of the restaurant, hair products scattered in her lap as she tried to repair the damage done to her hair from last night. She finger-combed it thoroughly, watching the two of them laugh at each other. "Hey," she called out to them, "you guys do realize you're in a public space right? The customers might think this is a different kind of restaurant."

A few feet away, Saint flipped her off and she returned a grin. Naomi was too busy trying to remain balanced to pay either of them any mind. She tried taking her feet off the ground, but each time she tilted a little too much to each side. The thought of too much weight either way, plummeting her to the floor, kept her feet constantly slamming onto the ground to stop herself. She wanted to be balanced and upright, but it felt impossible. Both sides were pulling her down and it seemed as if her only choice was to decide which way she'd prefer to go out.

Saint grabbed the bicycle by its railings and held it for her. "Aren't you a dancer? You should be good at this sort of thing."

"Was," she corrected. "And I did ballet, not...drag racing."

Saint laughed. "Did you just compare riding a bicycle to drag racing?" Naomi huffed and her eyes fell to the vein in his neck. Really, she could look at him forever. Even if he was laughing at her. "You think too much, Naomi Morgan. Sometimes you just have to let go."

She was still watching his smile, sucked in, magnetized, alive. Too much to realize Saint was standing and she was drifting further and further away from him. Her arms stiffened. Naomi held tight and looked forward. "Now, pedal!" Saint shouted.

So she tried, she really did. One, two, and she was moving, three, four, but gravity would not have it, four, five she knew she was going down. She stuck her feet out into the dirt, abruptly stopping so her chest could heave out exhales.

Saint jogged over. "Why'd you stop? You were doing so well."

"Well," she huffed, "I was about to fall."

"If you're going to learn to ride a bicycle you're going to fall, Naomi. It's nature."

Naomi swung the pedal with her idle foot and squinted from the truth in his eye. "But why is pain natural?"

Saint's head tilted to the left and he folded his arms. Smiling he said to her, "That's just life."

Naomi couldn't accept that. It was an excuse, not a reason. Pain should not be mandatory if life is to be truly beautiful. Getting off the death trap she shook her head. "Well, that's unfair."

On Fridays, The Guise tried not to do anything too risky, they had told Naomi. Everyone and their mother goes out on a Friday and, at all times of the day. Even Tio's was more active than usual, people coming here for their lunch break to pick up food, dine in or have their own version of a happy hour. It was the worst day for The Guise to try anything.

So, today they all spent it relaxing. Cairo was inside, plotting their next conquest while Sully was at the bar, probably eating or annoying Xiomara. Lia was still sleeping as far as they knew, and Saint, Naomi and Chyna were all out here in the back lot behind Tio's, soaking whatever light they could get from the sun.

"You know," Saint started, "tomorrow is your last day."

She knew exactly what he was talking about. She couldn't really forget it, but she allowed him to continue anyway, pretending as if she was still focused on the discarded bicycle. "You'll have to pick if you want to stay with us, or go back home. Do you know yet?"

Naomi took the time to contemplate her next choice of words, a habit she'd gotten so used to. Going back home meant seeing her brother, her mother, Ben, Aspen, structure and stability. However, going with the Guise meant Saint, Chyna, Sully, Cairo, Lia, masks and meaning. Weighing them felt unfair, but she supposed it was a decision she couldn't put off much longer.

"Guys!" Lia screamed, running toward them. "Get down in the basement! You...you have to see this." Looking at Lia and not seeing her usual sinister smile but instead, something fearful, was enough to churn Naomi's stomach. The girl ran past them to call Sully and they all shared a look. Saint, Naomi and Cyna raced into the hut and down the steps, bustling their way into the basement. However, despite entering in a blur of questions and footsteps, Cairo did not even turn around. He was sitting stiffly in his chair, centred in the room, eyes glued to the television screen. Suddenly the overstayed pizza boxes and sweat-coated sofa smelt rancid. Their eyes followed Cairo's gaze.

"...the mayor of Riverside California implementing an immediate curfew for the next three months. Mayor Fowley, many citizens are questioning your logic for such a busy city. Especially without any prior notice, people cannot help but wonder if you've made any real consideration for the lives of your citizens."

By now, everyone was at Cairo's side. Saint even stooped a little to look at him but his best friend's eyes were lulled into horror.

"What's happening?" Sully said, entering the basement with Lia.

Lia held his shoulders and whispered solemnly. "Watch."

On the television, the camera panned to the Mayor.

"Sharon, I've had enough time to think. These so-called Guise must be caught by any means necessary. They have caused nearly fifty thousand dollars in damage to public and private property, mock me and our legislators and treat Riverside's streets like a skate park. But on top of all that, now they've done their worst act yet."

"And, what is that Mayor Fowley?"

His jaw worked and something vile came up his throat. "The Guise have kidnapped a young girl. Naomi Morgan."

All the hairs on Naomi's arms stood straight as if an arctic gust was out to frost her very soul. A prerecorded clip began playing.

It was Lilac. The store clerk.

"These two kids came in. A boy and a girl. And I thought it was weird that they were buying animal masks but I didn't question it. Looking back at it now, the boy was doing all the talking and the girl was just standing there silently. She definitely looked a little shaken up. Then, he screamed at her to come with him and I don't think she had a choice. It wasn't until I ran outside trying to chase them that I saw this."

She held up the missing person's flyer.

"And I recognised that girl was Naomi Morgan. And I knew she was in trouble."

Another pre-recorded video began playing. This time, there were three people on the screen.

"Naomi," began Mrs Morgan, "if you can see this or hear this just hold on baby. We're doing everything we can." There were tears overflowing from her eyes but she still managed to look directly into the camera, an iron grip rumpling the shirt of her silent son standing in front of her.

Mr Morgan's bottom lip was trembling. "Our daughter would never steal of her own will. She already has everything that she needs right here. If anyone can give us the location of our daughter, we will give you a reward of one hundred thousand dollars in cash. Please, if you know something, say something. Bring our daughter home and put those menaces behind bars." A single tear cascaded out of his baggy eyes right as his wife jumped into his chest and emptied herself.

Mayor Fowley was back on screen. He was looking straight into the camera this time too.

"As of now, The Guise are criminals in an ongoing police investigation. If they do not turn themselves in or refuse arrest, The Riverside Police Department has orders to shoot on sight. Anyone caught aiding them will also face serious charges. People of Riverside, I urge you to stand in solidarity with the Morgan family. The Guise, despite how you may feel about them, are criminals. And now, Riverside's top priority."

Everything else he said after that fell on deaf ears, the television a white noise that would never stop disorienting them. Every comb and hair product fell from Chyna's hands and Sully buckled to the floor as he echoed the horrific look staining Cairos' face. Naomi took weak steps backwards, an exhale trembling her entire body.

They all turned to her.

Author's Note

Well, damn. Talk about two sides to every story.

This week's dedication goes out to one of my most LOYAL readers. Tiscon this one is for you! I literally don't know how you didn't get a dedication before. I had to search through all my chapters just to double-check! You are soooo supportive! Sometimes you're the first to vote and I know I can rely on seeing you in my notifications. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far and you keep reading even with the paywalls! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You're amazing! Remember, if you vote/comment the next dedication could just be you!

I just wanted to drop by here and let you guys know that my exams are slowing down and now I have SO much time to write. It's been beautiful. I'm getting back into writing and I feel amazing. I think I'll still keep this schedule though just because it gives me a lot of time and I prefer it this way.

Also, on Wednesday, myself and a couple of other authors in the Paid Stories Program did a #WattpadWednesday where we went all out on all our social media platforms and it was so much fun! It was a huge success and I even did a really cool Q +A on my Instagram! If you guys aren't following my socials you need to get on that too so you don't miss a thing ever again. Once again, link's in my bio! Have a great weekend, readers!

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

At that point, Naomi was sure Cairo was crying...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739K 17.1K 41
"𝙔𝙀π™ͺ π™¬π™šπ™§π™š 𝙨𝙀 π™ͺπ™£π™šπ™­π™₯π™šπ™˜π™©π™šπ™™." Milaydie Lucero is sent to Rutherford Academy in hopes of finishing high school with a prestigious dance...
46.3K 8.8K 86
Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ************************************************************************ She lied to her fa...
6.2M 155K 91
Breaking the Friendzone is now published as a Paperback, and E-book with W by Wattpad Books! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Wattpad Ori...
237K 10.9K 80
❝ You make this messed-up world look so much more beautiful. ❞ Gathering me in his arms, he pulled me close -- his lips seeking mine hungrily. ──────...