The Renegade General [Akamega...

By AltairMorpheus

General Y/n L/n, also known as the Silent Führer of the North has mysteriously disappeared after a group of t... More

A/N:
????
Chapter 1: The Huntress
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Farewell
Chapter 4: Distinctive
Chapter 6: Connection
Chapter 7: Pursuit
Chapter 8: Errand
Chapter 9: Scharfrihter
Chapter 10: Other side
Chapter 11: Suspicion
Chapter 12: Failure
Chapter 13: Dilemma
Chapter 14: Exchange
Chapter 15: Recurrence
Chapter 16: Raid
Chapter 17: Falldown
Chapter 18: Extermination
Chapter 19: Judgement
Chapter 20: Reverence
Chapter 21: Variance
Chapter 22: Collective
Chapter 23: Commence
Chapter 24: Inception
Chapter 25: New Threat?
Chapter 26: Counterpart
Chapter 27: Searing Hatred
Chapter 28: Chosen Path
Chapter 29: Madness Unfold
Chapter 30: Her Unbroken Vow
Chapter 31: Memoirs
Re: Start
A/N:
Please Read Me;
Short Notice!

Chapter 5: Cruelness

6.7K 197 7
By AltairMorpheus

Tatsumi and Mine went to the Capital for their mission while the others were on stand by. I ask a humble permission to Najenda if I can retrieve my other stuffs at my old base. She agrees but..she said that Akame will accompany me.

I don't know if she's also doubted me or she just want me to be safe. I am a ex-general and more powerful than her, so envoy isn't needed. But orders are orders..*Sigh*

Akame: Can I ask you something?

Y/n: Ask.

Akame: Why are you hiding your face with a mask? The rumors said that you died so no one could ever mistaken you as the old you.

Y/n: Wearing a mask helps me to forget everything.

Akame: Forget?

Y/n: I've done so many cruel and unforgivable things on my past, and to forget that, I wear a mask and made a new character to restart my life again..

Akame: But, Lying to yourself can hurt you.. a lot.

Y/n: If that is the only way to take that horrible nightmare away from me, then.. that's a chance I'm willing to commit...even if it hurts like hell.

Akame:.....

We reached our destination and grab the backpack which Yule packed for me. I examine it and only a pair of clothes, masks, foods and a...letter? I saw Akame's drooling for the food so I gave it all to her and focused to the letter. I opened it and a small pocket watch dropped. I pick it up and open it, my eyes slightly widened as I saw a miniature of my imperial and mercenary crest inside.

Yule's father is a watch maker, she probably requested this for me. I closed the pocket watch and slid it on my pocket then read the letter.

To, N/n.

This is my birthday present for your next birthday, I hope you like it. Please take care and when you choose you right path, do not wear your mask. Just be yourself okay? You will be fine.

Yule.

I went dead silent for a few seconds and put the letter on my bag pack. When there is nothing more valuable, I set the bag pack on fire. I can see Akame's confused expression but I didn't mind and continue to burn my stuffs.

Y/n: Let's go back.

Akame: I thought you will retrieve those things?

Y/n: I already have. So let's go.

She didn't argue with me and followed to my order when a strange man blocked our way. Wait..I know this guy.

???: Ah, finally found you! The Traitor Mercenary Leise!

I can feel Akame's intense aura as well as this serial killer but I played cool and calm. Nothing good will happens if we both attacked without thinking.

Y/n: Hugo, its been a while.

Hugo: Huh? You already knew my name?

Y/n: Tell me, are you the bastard that kill Yule?

Hugo: Yule? Oh..that other traitor at the inn? Yes. Its because she let you escape from us. You know, Traitors were meant to die because of their foolishness.

Akame doesn't like his answer and ready to draw her katana but I stop her.

Y/n: Stand back. He's mine.

She only stares at my concealed face before lowering her weapon and take a distance. I gently take off my mask, throw it to the ground and crush it with my foot then make a death glare at him. He immediately flinched as he saw my face.

Hugo: Y-you...

Y/n: Since you took something special from me, you will pay..with your life.

Hugo: But..General Esdeath said that you died?! How could this happened?!

Y/n: Get ready for the consequences you made, Hugo.

He starts to tremble but still acting like a valiant soldier on us. I take a few step onwards as he takes his step backwards.

Y/n: Don't be a coward, fight me like what you did to her. Show me what you've got. Scare me like you always did to your victims..INTIMIDATE me like a true Imperial Soldier!

Hugo: I-i am not afraid of you, General Y/n. Your Teigu has been sealed at His Majesty's forbidden room and that puny Teigu is your only hope to kill me! Heh, This is going to be easy as killing a small fucking ant!?

My shadow tentacles quickly entangled all of his arms and feet and attached to his shadow so he can't move any single muscle. His face turned pale as he keeps resisting to get free from my grasp.

Hugo: W-what the heck?!

Y/n: Do not rely on what Esdeath tells you. She's been lying to all for a very long time. And if you're not still believing in me. Then..die.

With my hand gestures, I formed some shadows into long sharp spears and impaled him multiple times, i create so many shadow spears and stab him as many as my spear could still pierced on his body. He can't even scream because i put one shadow spear to gag his mouth and stab his neck. I watched as his blood glistened to the shadows that slowly kills him.

He's now crying in agony and pain but for some reason..my satisfaction still doesn't reached its own contentment. Looks like I need to do my signature kill to feel more...better.

I raised my right hand and a shadow forms a katana as i slowly walks onto his stand point.

Y/n: Maybe I am not a General anymore but.. Do. Not. Underestimate. My. Power.

Hugo:...G..Gen..eral..Esdeath.. W..won't... Be..h..happy...I..if..she...-

I quickly beheaded him before he could utter those words. I release him from my shadows grasp and walked on Akame's location like nothing happened.

At the corner of my eye, Akame was just standing there, her crimson eyes were shaking in shock and her jaw slightly agape, not believing on what I have done to the enemy. I snap my fingers to get her senses back to the reality.

Y/n: Let's go. They must be worry since we waste too much time here.

Akame: Okay.

I started to walk followed by a anxious Akame behind me. Well, i don't blame her. She's the second person in Night Raid who saw my brutal killing.

Esdeath once told me that when it comes to punishing our enemies. I was more even sadistic and brutal than her, I wished she was wrong..

When we got home, we saw Mine and Tatsumi having a cat fight..again. Leone sees us and called our names which gathered their attention and the two stopped from fighting.

Najenda: How's your mission? Did you retrieve your things?

Y/n: Yes. I burned them..

Najenda: Oh.. Anyways? Since you are one of us now, I would like you to participate on our next mission.

Y/n: What is it?

Najenda: Night Raid will assassinate Iokal, a distant relative of the Prime Minister. I need you to watch Mine's back when she's targeting Iokal. She has already have Tatsumi as her bodyguard but I feel so secure if you protect them both.

Y/n: ....I'll do it.

Najenda: Thank you, Y/n. *Smile*

Tatsumi: Yes! Leise and I were on the same team! Yahoo!?

Mine: Don't be so happy, you idiot. Your duty is to protect us when something bad happens!

Tatsumi: Uh correction? Leise and I will protect you, right Leise?

Y/n: ....

Tatsumi: H-hey..uh. Don't mind if I ask this but, you're wearing your mask when you left, right?

Y/n: I destroyed my mask.

Tatsumi: Ha? Why did you do that?

Y/n: None of your business kid, if we were done talking here, I have to excused myself. If you need me, I'll be on my room.

Najenda: Okay. Take a good rest Y/n. I'm sure you have a very long day tomorrow. *Smile*

I only nod and walked upstairs. When I reached my room, I gently closed the door and put the pocket watch on the small table and plop down to my bed. I placed my hand on the half of my face and gaze the wooden ceiling above.

I must rejoice for my victorious revenge but something's isn't right, why did I break my mask? Why did I burned all of my belongings and Yule's letter? Why on hell did i show Akame my cruel side? And..Why do I still feel so..empty after I avenge her?

*Sigh* So many why's. I feel like my mind's going to collapse any minute now..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 2 89
Night Raid has been brought back to life, and their world has been completely changed and set to modern civilization. By what? No one knows. Night R...
6.2K 118 21
[The Anime Timeline] In the middle of the disagreements between the Empire and Night Raid, there was one solo being who was not aware of the corrupti...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
73K 1.7K 32
Kimiko Hanate was part of a rich family. She had everything she ever wanted, but not happiness. Then, one day in the night her home was targeted by a...