Frozen In Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book one of captain america's daughter UNDER HEAVY EDITING! like all lives. it starts somewhere, you might... More

introduction
cast for hazel's beginning
one - hazel rogers
stan lee
two - alone forever
three - not a scratch
four - let the truth sting
five - gone and passed
six - being tested
seven - flashbacks
eight - mini hero
nine - i can do this all day
ten - stone cold lier
eleven - post credits
the avengers cast
one - dog tags
two - hope for the hopeless
three - heavy secrets
four - kneel
five - lightning and slumber
six - ants and boots
seven - blueberries
eight - chaos
nine - safest person
ten - reveal
eleven - here comes the war
twelve - assemble
thirteen - one way trip
fourteen - someone's daughter
fifteen - post credits
the winter solider cast
one - on your left
two - fear not freedom
three - so long
four - 1:03 am
five - excuse me?
six - jet sabotage
seven - zola's algorithm
eight - mighty bird suit
nine - bucky?
ten - i knew him
eleven - true colors
twelve - i promise
thirteen - we won
fifteen - post credits
next book annoucement

fourteen - i'll miss you

9K 226 132
By Malielena

I sat bored in the hospital chair. everything is happening on the outside. All news channels are going insane and even Nat is at capital hill explaining stuff.

Dad is all healed up. I'm waiting for him to be discharged and boy does it take long.

I struggled to keep from touching my lip. Come on stitches in lips feel weird. I would rather have a black eye.

I don't like to leave this hospital room because when I went down yesterday to get lunch, two people started questioning me. I can kiss my private life goodbye. But is all worth it because we took down HYDRA.

I turned on the tv. "Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" A government official recited his words.

"I do." Nat was on screen. Her cover was blown. There's absolutely no secrets anymore.

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers?" Someone on the committee asked. I don't really understand all this.

"I don't know what there is left left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point fairly eloquently." Dad will probably disappear along with me for awhile. I'm terrified for what's outside of these hospital walls.

"Well, he could explain how this country's expected to maintain its national security now that he and you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus." I don't trust the government. I crossed my arms and grabbed a bag of Doritos that one of the security dudes had. He was very nice and gave me the rest of the bag.

"HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence." I smiled. "Preach Tasha!" I said through a mouthful. "Many of which you seem to have had a personal hand in telling." If only I was allowed to tell my personal hand in saying. I'll probably freeze up. Public speaking is not my forte.

"Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record, both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary, not mouthing off on Capitol Hill." Ah, we love the government. But they do have a point, she has broken many laws and murdered people.

My mind brought me to Pierce. He's the first people I killed and hopefully the only one. He should be rotting in jail not rotting in a grave.

I brought out a dark side, I have to keep it in. I don't like the blood on my hands. Even if it's not innocent blood.

"You're not gonna put me in a prison. You're not gonna put any of us in a prison. You know why?"  Nat's words brought me from my sad thoughts.

"Do enlighten us."

"Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we helped make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me." Nat got up and walked out.

I stood up and opened the window. People were outside, Reporters and more. They knew my dad was here. But do they know I'm here? I could've been murdered in that HYDRA place. I could have died in New York or better yet in Siberia, under that ice.

The door opened and my dad emerged from it, he was out of a hospital gown. "Got the papers." He lifted them into view.

"Thank god, if I have to look at these beige walls any longer I'm going to go insane." I threw the bag of Doritos in the trash and wiped my hands with a napkin.

I stood up, going towards the door. "Hazel wait." I turned around. "Aren't we leaving?"

He pulled out a chair. "Sit down."

I furrowed my eyebrows but listened.

"Hazel there's something you're not telling me, and Nat told me what you told her."

I sighed, classic Nat. I'm not surprised but I guess I need to tell him, the whole story.

"So she told you everything?" I crossed my arms. He sat down on another chair and nodded.

"I basically told her almost the truth...well I was a weak and young girl who had barely any ways to fight back. Peggy used to take me to this gym like place. I learned how to punch properly but that's about it."

He didn't speak, but he was listening.

"Well I woke up in a hydra facility, In Siberia. I don't remember where it exactly is."

I took a second. Remembering the information about Phillip that I've learned this past week. "Phillip, who my mo..birth mother married was with hydra the whole time."

My voice got softer. "I don't know the whole thing but..Pierce said she was protecting me...the whole time." My voice then started breaking.

"How can someone who hurt you mentally and physically be protecting you?"

Dad stood up and pulled me into a hug. "Hazel, I don't have the answers, but someone does."

After all this time of holding in all my anger and sadness. The only person who I have cried in front of since New York was my dad.

He could feel me shaking in his arms. He kissed the top of my head, trying to make me calm down.

"And Bucky..." I closed my eyes. "He threw me into the Icy water."

I expected him to pull away and get angry but he continued to hold me, staying completely silent.

"I'm sorry that I lied, I didn't want to hurt you." I whispered.

He hushed me. "Bucky couldn't help it, and you're still alive and safe." He kneeled to my level.

"You're safe with me, I promise."

                               •   •   •

I held my small bag in my left hand. We walked down the stairs to leave the hospital. We skipped out on the elevator and I understand why.

Right before we opened the door to the outside one of the security guards stopped us. "Captain, There's a crowd of people outside." He informed us.

I took a breath. I hate crowds, and cameras, basically anything that could harm me.

"Sir, we'll take you home. Your bike is waiting there." Three more security guards came near us. Is it really that bad?

Dad looked out the door. "Okay Hazel we'll be fine but shield your eyes." He put his arm around my shoulder.

One of the guards opened the door. I heard shouting all around me.

"Captain America!"

"Is that your daughter?"

"Hazel can you answer some questions!"

"What was New York like?"

"Hazel how did you wake up in this time?"

I covered my ears. People were yelling and cameras were flashing.

I hate every second of this.

Soon enough I got in the car, all I want is to be home. Even if it's not safe anymore.

• • •

After the drive home I ran out of the car and up the steps of the apartment building. Kat- I mean Agent whatever her name is moved out since she wasn't 'protecting' us anymore.

Dad walked in after me. "Hazel, just grab what can fit in a few boxes. We have to leave."

"Wait we're leaving Washington DC?" I turned around.

"It's not safe here anymore."

I looked down. I would be leaving my best friend Clara behind.

I walked to my room and shut my door, looking at my small but cosy room.

I pulled out two boxes from my closet. I grabbed what meant the most to me. The dog tags, my teddy bear and some pictures.

I managed to stuff some clothes in the other box.

I can't believe we're just leaving like that.

I opened my door, holding my two boxes. One of the guards walked up to me. "I'll take these for you, don't worry they are in good hands."

I handed him my two boxes, I walked to the living room. The bullet holes were in the walls and dried blood was on the floor. Maybe moving isn't that bad of an idea but where are we going?

"Hazel, lets roll." Dad stood at the door, holding his own belongings.

"Can we make one stop?"

"Where?"

                               •   •   •

School was about over, I stood at the front of my middle school. Who knows where I'm going next.

I heard the bell ring and I could see the students coming out of the class rooms through the glass door.

I took a breath and walked inside. There is one person I need to speak to.

"Hey! It's Hazel Rogers!" I heard a voice yell.

Some came over to me and started asking questions, mostly about my dad and about New York.

I pushed them to the side. They were fake before so they are still fake now.

I saw Clara at her locker, I ran up to her. "Clara!"

She shut the locker and smiled at me. "You're okay!" She hugged me.

I hugged back. "Yeah I'm fine."

"How did you hide under my nose the whole time?"

"I got good at keeping secrets, but there's no more."

"Are you coming back to class? I missed you these past few days.

I sighed. "Clara, I'm not safe here anymore. Me and my dad are leaving. I don't know where."

She looked down. "So it's goodbye."

I nodded. "Thank you for being my friend here."

We hugged for the last time.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too Clara."

Ah, that's then end of the winter solider. Don't worry there's a post credit scene and then AGE OF ULTRON! I'm super excited for it!

Here a couple memes that cracked me up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3K 18
Warning: This was my first book, it's so bad. Read at your own risk. Needs a lot of editing!! 😂😅 My name is Maddison Stark-Nicole. And yes I did j...
35.7K 1K 13
Rebecca Stark was finally finding her place in the world. But now her father, Tony, is calling out terrorists, she's beginning to understand SHIELD i...
72.9K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
33.2K 967 25
~*COMPLETE*~ Steve Rogers, that skinny kid from Brooklyn and all he wanted to do was fight in the war and be a hero. Hazel never cared about that, s...