Strange Ones: Volume 3

Per Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... Més

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Save

15 0 0
Per Diamondheart37

Alex held on to Yang's waist tightly as the blonde girl drove her motorcycle down the street. As she did, the girls passed several cars that swerved from side to side when the hysterical drivers noticed them. The blue-haired girl was certain that Yang was breaking the speed limit, but the police did nothing pull them over. The officers were preoccupied with assisting other Delta heroes with bringing innocent citizens to the nearest safe haven. The sight of the frightful humans and Strange Ones being taken to safety brought dread and relief to the girls, but they couldn't focus on them and congratulate the other heroes for their efforts. Their primary priority right now was heading to the city hall before Asgore does.

Alex jumped in her seat when Yang took a sharp left, causing another car to stop as its tires skidded on the road. She gasped when it happened. Due to that, her shoulders became tense and she held on to the other girl's coat with tight fists.

"Yang! You almost made me fall off my seat!" She shouted, agitated.

"Sorry!" Yang replied. Then, she asked, "How much longer until we get to the city hall?"

With pursed lips, Alex reached for her phone and pulled it from her jacket pocket. Upon turning the screen on, she was greeted by a map with two dots halfway reaching their destination. "Halfway there!"

"Good enough!" With that, the blonde Lifter drove faster down the street.

Throughout the entire drive, Alex and Yang went past obstacles like clusters of crashed cars and Grimm that attempted to stand in their way. The girl managed to persevere by slaying any monster that approached them, riding on ramps and hopping onto the walls of any nearby building with the motorcycle. It was a night that anyone would call hectic but for Alex and Yang, it was a war zone.

~~~~~

Without stopping, Petra was running up the stairs that finally brought her to the third floor. Going up a trio of flights brought her plenty of exhaustion, but it was worth it in her perspective. Nothing was going to stop her from helping Qrow face the shadowy man called Nox. She didn't know who he was nor did he meet him, but from how he was described, she knew that he had to be stopped.

Before she could continue running, the sound of her phone ringing caught her attention. Raising an eyebrow, she reached for her pants pocket to grab her device. Upon seeing her screen, she groaned when Jesse's face was displayed. Shaking her head, she rejected the call and stored her phone back into her pocket. Then, she started running again.

As Petra's eyes were searching through the hallway, the sound of grunting and colliding weapons were becoming audible. When she made a sharp left, she was greeted by the sight of Qrow and Nox clashing swords with one another. She initially watched as the crow Morpher dodged a swing of an ax with one backflip. Then, his blade opened to reveal two small barrels that fired bullets of energy at the masked being. Nox evaded every one that was fired at him before he suddenly noticed Petra in the back.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in," Nox said, making a gesture at the flame-haired woman.

Raising an eyebrow, Qrow turned around and gasped when he found Petra standing behind him. "Petra, what are you doing here?" He asked.

The Warrior was too dog-tired to answer his question, but she could only give Nox a sneer. Opening the palm of her hand, a spear appeared in her right and she aimed it at the masked being in black. Then, she threw it at Nox, who suddenly disappeared when it neared his face. Petra hummed in confusion and before she could have the chance to turn around, a sharp kick behind her sent her breaking through a pane of glass. Yet, she prevented herself from falling when both her hands grabbed on to the window frame.

"Petra!" Qrow yelled. When he was about to help her, he suddenly heard small footsteps behind him.

Petra didn't dare look down as she was hanging from the window frame. She feared for her life, but she refused to let that emotion control her. She watched as Nox slowly approached her with a spear in hand.

"You know, the reason why the Dark Ones want people such as you to die is that you work for that goat," Nox said before pointing the spear at her face. "You seem like a squeamish person, but your soul is powerful. You're a perfect candidate, I'd give you that. So, do you mind if I take it from you?"

In response, Petra growled at him like a vicious animal. She opened her mouth to lecture him, but before she could, Nox slightly flinched and looked up from her. Then, he hummed before the spear in his hand dematerialized.

"On second thought, I'll let you live. I have another candidate to catch." With that said, Nox ripped a black and purple rift with his claws before walking in. Soon, he was gone.

Bemused, Petra remained quiet until her hands began to slip from the frame. Noticing this, she attempted to pull herself back up, but it was a futile effort. Her hands inadvertently let go of the frame and she began to fall. That is until something pink caught her by her wrists. Realizing she wasn't falling anymore, she looked up and sighed with relief once she found Kumu as her savior. The pink blob pulled her back into the building. Once that was done, Petra was on her knees and the blob released her wrists from his mouth.

"Good boy," Petra sighed, giving Kumu a rub on the forehead.

Meanwhile, Qrow smiled with content as he watched the Warrior appraise him with a rub on the forehead. Beside him was Betty, Agate, and a wounded Copper. The Lightvale siblings have found Betty while she and her companion were flying to save Qrow. Copper was holding his bleeding shoulder as the group of four watched.

"You're a life saver, pipsqueak," The grizzled crow Morpher said, looking down at the pink Construct.

"No," Betty replied. "Kumu is."

~~~~~

Alex and Yang finally made it to Camena's city hall. Much to their relief, they were the first to arrive before Asgore could. At least, that was what they were hoping. Upon arrival, the girls hastily hopped off the motorbike and dashed to the open entrance of the building. As they ran, they made many sharp left and rights until they reached the mayor's office. When Yang kicked the doors open, the girls gasped at the sight of the mayor being threatened by a green-haired woman in a black and green dress, garters and heels. In her right hand was a spear.

"Chrysalis!" Alex shouted, getting the changeling's attention.

"I was expecting Asgore Dreemurr, not you," Chrysalis growled.

"I am not going to let you kill an innocent man at a night like this." She countered.

"Why? You don't even have a weapon. All you have is your useless prosthetic arm."

Chrysalis was right. Alex was unarmed at the moment, but that was not going to stop her from fighting. No, she will not fight using violence. She will try and negotiate with her.

"I'm not going to fight you, Chrysalis. Not like this. I negotiated with you once and I'm going to do it again. We do not have to fight with this senseless war. Delta only strives to make the world a better place. They only fight to protect other people. They fight for a change. They fight for a peaceful future. But you are the only person standing in the way. Asgore wouldn't approve if you killed the mayor in front of Camena. You are only declaring war using violence. So, what will it be? Will it be peace for all or enduring war?"

Meanwhile, a frantic mayor said, "Listen to the girl, madam! I'll give you anything you want!"

Chrysalis became quiet for a moment as her snake-like eyes examined Alex. Then, her eyes switched to Yang, who was deactivating both her gauntlets. Looking back at the blue-haired human, she snarled, "I've heard enough..."

All of a sudden, the changeling lunged at Alex, who yelped before shielding her face using both her arms. She expected an attack, but Chrysalis only grabbed her right arm before yanking the prosthetic off. The mayor watched on horror when she threw the metal arm out the window. Alex was kicked to the floor as the stub that she used to call her arm slowly oozed with red.

"Alex!" Yang shouted before activating both her gauntlets again.

When the blonde Lifter charged at Chrysalis, the changeling noticed her and gave her a punch in the chest. It was enough to send her flying until her back hit a wall. Once her body fell to the ground, Yang was gasping and coughing as she curling up on the floor. With an outstretched hand, she watched as Chrysalis approached Alex, ready to finish her off with the spear in hand. The young human drearily looked up and squeezed her eyes shut, ready to accept her fate. But then, a familiar deep voice rang out in the office.

"Chrysalis, don't!"

Raising an eyebrow, the green-haired woman turned around to find Asgore, who was most likely tired from running. Yang's purple eyes widen at the sight of the goat beast standing at the door. Alex and the mayor wore the same expression.

"Chrysalis," Asgore began as he approached her. "Stop this pointless fight this instance. Do it for the people. Do it for yourself. We can help you change. It is never too late to change. But if you refuse, you can kill me if you want. But please, stop this senseless battle so we can start anew."

The changeling stared at him and said, "You're right. It's never too late to change," Then, she smirked. "But sadly, it's too late for you."

"Chrysalis, what do you-" Suddenly, he gasped when he felt a sharp object poke out from his chest.

Alex gasped in dread when she saw the black spear impale Asgore from behind. A yellow upside-down heart was stuck in the spearhead before the weapon was yanked out with it. Once the goat Monster fell to his knees, Nox was revealed to be the one standing behind him. Slowly pulling the soul from the spear, the masked man placed it in his palm and did the unthinkable. The yellow soul shone brighter, but the contents within it were extracted from the vessel and into his arm. During the process, Asgore was screaming and crying with agony. As soon as the soul was empty, Nox tossed the empty soul to Chrysalis, who dropped it at her feet and smashed it with her foot until there was nothing left.

When that happened, Asgore's eyes became dull and lifeless and his body became a pile of light yellow dust. Alex's eyes widen as her eyes began to fill with tears. She started sobbing, but when she released a shrill scream of grief, a circle of cyan light suddenly surrounded her and it turned into a beacon that broke through the ceiling of the mayor's office.

The eyes of Yang, the mayor, and Nox became wide when the blue beacon of light grew wider. Then, the beacon disappeared, revealing a shining medium-sized dragon-like creature that roared loud enough for the whole town to hear. With wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows, Chrysalis uttered, "WHAT?!"

With that, the changeling got the dragon's attention and suddenly, it lifted a clawed hand and scratched her in the face. The attack damaged both her eyes and left a gash, making an alert Nox to run and grab Chrysalis before scratching another rift and jumping into it with her. Yang stood back on her feet as she watched the shining creature open its wings to fly off. But before it could, a tranquilizer dart flew out of nowhere and poked its neck. Then, everything went black for the winged reptile.

It seems this new event has left everyone in Camena bewildered. Oh, boy...

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

4.3K 75 15
!THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE UPDATED!FOR FULL STORY, CHECK OUT JAKEI ON YOUTUBE AND PATREON! The story takes place in a post-Pacifist timeline in the origi...
741 7 19
"A fight. That's all that you want, isn't it?" "No. Only your failed intentions and your defeat." They had their weapons ready and took impulse. Howe...
695 42 8
Jay finds himself stranding two alternate versions of himself in his realm, breaking the one thing that can get them both back. Now he's gonna have t...
89.8K 4.4K 62
The Schools for Good and Evil had finally united, and with unification, came new staff. Y/N is the first new teacher the school had seen in over fiv...