Here are the 38 Types of DotA...

By _f3b3r_

book cover (reddit.com) More

Here are the 38 Types of DotA Players
14 - 26

25 - 38

842 13 15
By _f3b3r_

XXVII. The Boba Fett

Just like Boba Fett, these players use lots of gadgets that make us go: "WTF?!" when they're used in battle. You'll be hitting these guys and they'll almost be dead and all of a sudden they'll go Mekansm, Manta Style, Hex, Dagon and own you up. Then when your allies arrive to try to finish him he'll go Blink Dagger, Lothar's Edge and then Boots of Travel back to fountain or something to that effect. If you've ever seen someone all of a sudden activate a Necronomicon in a pub game you know what I'm talking about.

Next thing you know they'll be flying around with a jetpack firing lasers at everyone.

Strategy: Be ready for the unexpected.

Preferred Heroes: Tinker, Techies, Inspector Gadget

XXVIII. The Assassin

If you are against these types of guys, RUN. These guys are gank leaders and some also fall into the Pitbull category. They have a strategic outlook on everything and use all their cunning and wisdom to demolish the enemy team because they know what works and what doesn't. They have a tendancy to be the guy that says the battle plan and the first to ping at the enemy. Silently they move in the shadows helping there team approach and assasinate you. After they are done, they tend to say little and frantically try to stop a push, organize another gank without acknowledging there heroic feat, if it is destroying the matrix or defeating the whole team by themselves.

Strategy: Get a backup plan to escape eg. Blink Dagger or Lothars Edge.

Preferred Heroes: Morphling, Vengeful Spirit, Furion, Spirit Breaker, Queen of Pain, Phantom Assassin, Gondar

XXIX. The Mystic

These are the guys that will look for an illusion rune, pick it and fool you into thinking that the illusion is them and unload all your beautiful spells on the illusion. After that, theyll most likely come with a companion but sometimes prefer to come alone.

And the next moment you know, your HP is down to half, you have no mana, no spells to use and youre slowed to half! but wait thats not all of it. They also have a high sense of organisation, so your teammates will come to help only to realise that it was in fact an ILLUSION of the companion, that the mystic moved out of line of sight under your panic and replaced himself with an illusion... which in turn causes your friends to unleash hell on the illusions.

Next, the mystic and his companion (the companion is most likely an objective guy that follows orders, a team member and likely irl friend of the mystic, since mystics need a high level of competence and trust from their companions) ambush you, kill one guy with attacks and unleash their spells on the next. They run back, into thinking you can kill them, and then youre hit by an epicenter. Needless to say, these foes are hard to defeat, as they are usually very creative with everything from gameplay to items. No matter what you do, sometimes it seems you can never overcome them... mercifully, they are extremely rare

Strategy: Use observer wards to detect his plans. Disable him as this will piss him off, since it hinders him from performing the plan. Theres not much more to do other than be very, very careful, and perhaps pray youve got a Mystic of your own of higher quality than theirs.

Prefered Heroes: Morphling, PA and all those sneaky heroes and illusion bastards.

XXX. The Loyal Tiger

These guys are so nice to have as a mate that they could sell themselves on a market, kill their owner, come off with a good reputation and steal their own mother's secret pizza stack right before their eyes and be ignored. Fear em, I tell ya.

Ever seen someone stuck to someone else so much as to make it seem like the two are chained together invisibly? then one of them is likely a loyal tiger.

They generally perform commands unquestionably and ask for guidance. All of them perform commands with a startling efficiency and letter-following.

If you are turned into Ye Ol' Flander's BBQ Sauce by a pair of players all the time, you know for certainty that one of them is a tiger. Generally, they are quite cruel to their enemies, playing with them like hapless fatasses (no offense to you, fatasses) before ending their life very quickly.

Dont piss these guys off, because their motivation, will and energy has no limit. If they get owned, theyll own you next time, and if they dont, they will for sure own you next time. And if they after all dont, theyll go out of their way to antagonise you and come out alive.

Strategy: Kill the tiger's ''handler'', this will make the tiger's actions count for little. The handler will often play a more laid-back hero such as Furion, so its quite easy to detect. Make them think you are no match for him until its too late for him and youve won by pushing. If you are ever targeted by one of these, try to come of alive. Dont try to kill the tiger because you cant do it...

Prefered Heroes: Ursa, Strygeryger (aka. Strygwyr, but my mate calls him that tongue.gif), Razor, Balanar and many of those powerhouse-type heroes.

XXXI. The Retard

''OMGGG Y U KILL ME LOL OMFG IMBAAAAA I REPORT TO BLZARD WTFLOL''

''... I beat you fair and square, but 4 MKB recipes dont do shit''

''LOL NOOB!!! MKB BEST ITEM IN DOTA NOOB!! STFUNOOB L2P!!!!! BAN FOR BE NOOB''

''whatever''

After that, theyll continue getting raped with you likely not even using everything youve got and not going below 2/3 your HP. These people usually arent very skilled at understanding things, have no skills, judgement, anticipation and no you-name-it at all.

.... But well, if theres one thing they have its a reserved front-page spot in the newspaper for showing ''this is exactly what the human race cannot go back into being'' by the local science magazine.

Strategy: Just continue to feed of them, theyll eventually get so pissed off that theyll spew out racism and leave.

Telling him that dropping a Divine Rapier in front of one of your towers is an alternative, much easier way to win might actually work too, as these guys dont really care about having fun as long as they win and get to trash talk about it.

Prefered Heroes: Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz Clinkz

XXXII. The Consumer

Whether it be mass tangos, clarities, town portals, chickens or other crap that doesn't last very long, these guys will hoard these items like they're expecting a nuclear holocoust. Consumers seem to have little regard for long term reward and high regard for short term ownage.

Just when you think you're about to kill one of them suddenly they activate their empty bottle twice in a row, turn around, chew on a tango and then proceed to beat your ass into the ground. And then their chicken will come along and Dagon you.

Strategy: Make sure you can hit them when they're activiting their potions to cancel. Or just wait until late game and laugh and their consumable items.

Preferred Heroes: all

XXXIII. The Jackass

Obviously these guys don't play Dota to win. No no, they play Dota to be totally ridiculous. You'll often find these people eating their way into the enemy fountain using tangos, dropping a chicken there and then teleporting their entire team in and ganking the leavers.

Ever chased someone who keeps running back and forth towards you and back in such an unpredictable but dangerous manner that you can't hit them? Well it's called juking and these guys would risk juking themselves to death just for a laugh.

They'll go out of their way to refill that empty bottle at the enemy fountain or using Swap to get you onto a ledge you can't escape.

Strategy: none really since they'll usually get themselves killed in the process of having a laugh.

Preferred Heroes: Vengeful Spirit, Queen of Pain, Anti Mage.

XXXIV. The Support Player

The support player... He'll be Omniknight, Chen or Abaddon, and use his heals on his lane-mates. He'll start the game with a chicken, make it into a Crow and then proceed to share control with his allies so they can use the Crow as well. He never solos, and always tries to get in a lane with an ally so he can buy 2 Flasks, or a few sets of Tangos, and always lend his RoR to the ally in his lane, to keep his teammate's HP full. He's such a good support hero that he knows how to 'rally point' his Crow, and send it to the team's soloing hero with a flask of saphire water, then returning the crow back to base ready to buy a new flask for any ally who needs the next heal.

Ever been in a situation where you're killing someone in a 1v1 situation and they're almost dead and boom! Omniknight rushes in and heals him and they proceed to totally kick your ass into the ground. Well thats what these guys do.

Strategy: gank em, that'll teach em to help their team!

Preferred Heroes: Omniknight, Chen, Abaddon, Pudge, Treant

XXXV. The Overlord

Ok so you're minding your own business farming and all of a sudden BAM! You're attacked by what seems to be a whole freakin army of summoned minions. Chen is hitting you with the aide of centaurs and satyrs and you're completely overwhelmed.

These guys will bring their entire family to pwn you from their uncles to their grandmothers and before you know it you'll see an Orc Barracks actually churning out units while you're trying to rax it!

Strategy: AoE on their asses!

Preferred Heroes: Chen, Dirge, Furion, Keeper of the Light, Naga Siren

XXXVI. The Pub Pro

A very rare breed, simply because they are one of the few that first started playing dota an eternity ago.

These guys are so experienced, they kick your ass whenever, wherever, with any hero (even KOTL)... But only if they feel like it. One of the defining characteristics of the Pub Pro is laziness. This is obvious because they never graduated to league play or high level play simply because last hitting takes way too much effort, something key to succeeding in high level play. They know everything. Team strat, item strat, skill strat. They'll immediately fill the role that gets rid of weaknesses on the team, pretty much by instinct- whether a massive farmer, hero killer or supporter. They take on many of the dota player forms, which makes it hard to know when you've come across them.

Strategy: Take out a can of Whoop Ass (if said can does not exist then hope for feeders).

Preferred hero: Doesnt matter. 

XXXVII. The Dual Bracer Idiot

Start game. Buy two bracers. Repeat for every single game.Also known as the Quad Circlet Hobo or the Mass Branch Bandit.Be careful or else they will jump out at you with +8 DAMAGE!

Strategy: Beware early to mid game!

Preferred Heroes: Any

XXXVIII. The Power Tripper

Also known as the Pub Stomper. These guys are extremely pro that they're currently playing in leagues, inhouse leagues, etc. They know how to use every hero and every item in Dota and all the basics like last hitting and animation canceling and juking etc. and can do all that without any effort at all.

But when it's a full moon watchout! Out of nowhere they'll join a pub game or a noobs only game and use all their power and abilities to completely pwn everyone while juggling eggs at the same time.

Why? Because complete and utter domination makes them feel good. Bastards!

Strategy: Pray to god they have 4 feeders on their team.

Preferred Heroes: Any

Source: Dota-allstars.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 7.9K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
174K 4K 53
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...