A Change of Plan

By janecesther

Anne Lister and Ann Walker travel to Miss Walker's grand-aunt's home by the sea and become intimate for the f... More

The Seashore
A Carriage Ride
Dirty Pictures
Bruised
A Change of Heart
A Terrific Storm

Sapphire Earrings

349 10 1
By janecesther

 A month had passed since the trip to the seashore, and Anne was more sure than ever that she wanted to marry Miss Walker. Today, she strode to Halifax center with a purpose. She was going to see a cousin of her aunt and uncle's, Mr. James Hannaford, a man who made his fortune in the jewelry trade. She'd considered having him come to Shibden, but a rift between her uncle and his cousin had led Mr. Hannaford to converse only with Anne, and they agreed to meet in private, away from Shibden.

"Anne, you're looking very well," Mr. Hannaford said, and he leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. They took a seat in the back of the public house, which was relatively quiet this time of day. Nobody with any standing would be seen in here, so it was as private as they might find in town. "I've brought exactly what you've asked for. The finest jewels I could find. Have you thought more about which color you'd like?"

Anne wanted to see all of the options before she chose the perfect earrings for Miss Walker. Something to set off her creamy skin and light brown hair, something to shimmer and bring out the blue in her eyes. "Thank you, James. I'll take a look at the blues and greens."

Mr. Hannaford set out the box of carefully arranged earrings and sat back in his chair to light a cigar. The smoke wafted toward Anne and she inhaled the bittersweet scent of the tobacco. The sun was high and glinted against the jewels through the window. They were each beautiful, and any would complement Miss Walker's complexion. Her eyes kept drifting to a dark blue chain of jewels encased in gold.

"These are stunning, are they sapphires?" Miss Lister asked.

"Ah, the finest sapphires I've ever seen. Whoever the recipient is of these fine jewels will be the luckiest young lady in England."

Anne smiled. "I'll take these, James. Thank you for coming all the way out here for me."

"I love Halifax, even if it doesn't love me in return," he said, chuckling. "How is your aunt, by the way?"

"She's seen better days, but her lady's maid told me she's perked up since my return. I certainly can't take all the credit, but she does seem in good spirits."

"Send her my regards, will you? I've not called on her in years because of that curmudgeon of a brother she has, and it seems to me I should pay her a call soon if she's not well," James said.

"She would love you for it, I'm positive. It was so good to see you, James. Please send my regards to Emily and Jane." With that, Anne kissed him on the cheek and went on her way.

**************************************************************

As soon as Anne walked into Shibden, the butler caught her attention. "Miss Lister, Miss Walker called when you were gone. It seems she's had some rather upsetting news. She requested you call on her at once." He bowed and moved away.

Anne sighed and tucked the small jewelry box in her pocket. It didn't seem like now would be the best time to give Miss Walker the earrings, after upsetting news, but she thought it best not to be unprepared. "Thank you," she said to the man, and turned to leave.

The walk across to Crow Nest was lovely in the evening sun, fields of grasses glowing golden and swaying in the gentle breeze. When she arrived at the door, she was in a much better mood than she'd anticipated.

Gabrielle let her in and rushed her to the sitting room. Miss Walker was pacing the floor and barely noticed the door opening.

"Annie?"

Miss Walker stopped and turned, deep lines of worry etched in her brow. "Thank you for coming so quickly," she said after a moment.

Miss Lister walked toward her and put a hand on her arm. "What's wrong?"

Miss Walker shook her head. "It's silly, really. I'm not promised to you. You can do anything you want. We haven't made any promises."

"What are you talking about?"

"I've heard that Isabella is in Halifax looking for you. I guessed at what she is to you, and it seems I was correct. She confirmed it herself." Miss Walker lowered her head and would not look at Anne.

"Isabella? She came here?"

"She came to Shibden at the same time I paid you a call earlier today. When I talked to her, she made it known who she was," Miss Walker said, sniffling.

"Oh, Annie. She was--she and I were something, but now we are just old friends. You're the only one I long for." She took Miss Walker's hands and kissed them each. "Isabella was never good enough for me and she's known it for years. And by the way, if a promise is what you want, I can promise you that I would not so much as look at another woman in that way."

"Really?" Miss Walker asked. She'd cheered up a little and was now looking hopefully at Anne.

"Yes, and to prove my devotion to you, I have something for you." Anne reached into her pocket and drew out the small black box. "For you, to promise that you're my one and only love, and I, yours."

Miss Walker opened the box and gasped. "Anne, they're beautiful. Thank you. Will you put them on for me?"

Anne stepped closer to Miss Walker and gently pulled the existing gold earring out of her ear. Miss Walker handed her one of the sapphire earrings and waited. Anne didn't put it in directly, but rather kissed Miss Walker on the cheek, then the earlobe, then the cusp of her ear. Miss Walker drew in a sharp breath and grasped Miss Lister's shoulders. She moaned as Anne drew her tongue around the outside of her ear and kissed the nape of her neck. After, Anne inserted the earring.

She did the same on the other side, and when Anne finally stepped back, she was looking at a blushing, red-lipped and stunning woman.

"You're not going to come back?" Miss Walker asked disappointedly.

"I just want to look at you first. You look delicious, Annie. Come here."

Miss Walker came forward as if drawn to a magnet, desire in her eyes. They kissed deeply, tongues pressing one another, hands entangled in hair. Miss Walker's hair was so badly undone that she undid the rest herself. Her golden curls fell against her yellow dress and Anne gulped at her own want.

"Sit on the windowsill, Annie."

"But someone will see," Miss Walker protested.

"Trust me, they won't know what they're looking at," Anne said. Miss Walker's blush deepened and she sat against the window as Anne instructed. Miss Lister kneeled in front of her and pushed back her skirts, then slid her drawers off. Her hair was already moistened and she was ready for Anne.

"This is for the impossible position you put me in on the carriage ride. Out in the open and unable to resist your charms, dear Annie." With that, Miss Lister drew a finger along Miss Walker's folds, coaxing it slowly into her.

"Oh, good God," Miss Walker exclaimed as it entered her.

Anne put her tongue against where Miss Walker needed it most and began to delicately move her tongue in a circle. Miss Walker struggled to appear still to any onlookers, contorting her face and making strained but quiet sounds. She didn't want to appear in distress.

It wasn't working and Anne loved it. Every time Miss Walker appeared near release, Anne slowed her mouth and withdrew her finger. When she had calmed a little, Anne resumed. She'd never had a lover more willing to do as she said, nor more willing to take charge at the right time. It seemed they were well-matched.

After some time and quite a bit of begging from Miss Walker, Anne let her ride out her release, a shuddering explosion of exquisite wetness against her tongue. When she extracted herself from beneath the skirts, she saw that Miss Walker's face was covered in a sheen of sweat, much like her own. Miss Walker was delightfully disheveled, sated and in a daze.

"My Annie, you never cease to amaze me with your treasures."

"Come here now, you cruel woman. Kiss me. I don't care who sees."

Anne hadn't lost her wits, so she looked outside. Seeing no one, she kissed Miss Walker passionately, sweat mingling with sweat.

"I promise to only be cruel when you deserve it," she said in a low voice.

"You must give me an idea of how I might earn your ire," Miss Walker responded, a gleam in her eye.

"Oh, Miss Walker, I shall write you a list if you so desire."

Miss Walker kissed her in response. "I'd love nothing more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 213K 94
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
166K 12.3K 15
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
620K 31.3K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
9.8M 296K 52
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new fresh life without homework, what she didn't expect...