I Do

By FallinFor1D

"Harry, I'd like to make something clear," Ara announces sharply. "I'm terribly sorry, but you and I... we do... More

I Do
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Author's Note: IMPORTANT

Chapter 11

5.6K 194 67
By FallinFor1D

I'm sure you're all ready to read (sorry it's later than I said it would be, but I had school and Algebra 2 homework) but I'd just like to say: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU ALL. I got a comment today that said 'this is officially my favourite fanfic' and I could NOT stop smiling <3 your sweet comments mean the world to me! Anyone who can outdo that comment (which could be pretty hard) will get a dedication next chapter!

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my beaaautiful sister @abigailcoco because she convinced me to put this up on Wattpad in the first place and I absolutely love her! She's been a huge support for this story so THANK YOU AB! <3

Happy reading :)

------------------------

Chapter 11 *Before*

-Arabella-

Of all the dates I've been on, I've never once pictured myself stargazing. I never even imagined sprawling on a mossy hill, shivering at a bitter, nipping chill in the air, and staring up at the same sparkly old stars for hours. I'm more than elegant-dinner-and-dancing type.

But here I am, after being dragged out of the car, with my eyes locked on the endless night sky, pretending to have actual interest in this.

I would have refused immediately, insisted that he take me somewhere else, if Harry's face hadn't been so enthusiastic. I mean, the last thing I need is to make a bad impression. He's already seen my icy side, back at the bakery, and it was difficult enough to convince him to forgive me.

I'm literally counting the minutes until this is over and suppressing the urge to sprint away shrieking. There's a reason I hated the astronomy lessons in science. And I'll bet my gorgeous top will have disgusting grass stains all over it.

Harry seems to have no problem with the scenery. His captivating grin is wide as ever and his eyes glisten in the starlight. "You know, you should be honored that I actually made it this evening."

Oh, yes, the honor of being tortured by pure boredom on a grassy field in the middle of nowhere. I paste a false smile on my face and retort, "Oh, I should, should I?"

He nods fiercely, his eyes still fixed on the stars. "Oh, yes. This is the very first date I've been on since the end of the X-Factor."

"I feel so beloved," I say dryly. "I saw you got third place; congratulations." I'm starting to question my agreement to go on this date; after all, they didn't win the X-Factor. Are they even planning to make a name for themselves, to try and become famous? If not, I'm wasting my time in this freezing little field. "What're you going to do now?"

"Well, we've been discussing it, and our fans have just exploded; they're starting to spread across Europe, now. Who knows where they'll reach next? In any case, we'll release a single, and if that does well, an album. But I've got no clue what might happen."

One star in particular has caught my attention; it's blinking repeatedly and drifting across the sky. "Is that a shooting star?" I wonder excitedly, pointing it out. Silently, I wish to myself "Please let's speed this date up a bit. Or make it less tedious, if that's even possible."

Harry snickers. "That's an airplane."

"Oh," I reply tightly. I roll my eyes. I was only trying to have a bit of entertainment, after all.

"That's okay, love. It was close enough," he assures me, his fingers closing around mine. Our hands intertwine and I bite my lip to keep from smirking. My fingers tingle at the touch, sending warmth coursing through my veins.

"Mmm..." We lapse back into silence for so long that the crickets chirping is nearly going to kill me. "This is amazing," I murmur, attempting to sound relaxed when in reality, I'm fidgeting uncontrollably. Pure quiet irritates me so much.

"I thought you'd like it," he answers proudly, a pleased smirk appearing on his face.

"It's absolutely beautiful here," I agree softly. That is, if billion-freaking-year-old stars that I can glance up at the sky to see any night is beautiful.

"This is the cheesy part where I'm supposed to say 'Not as beautiful as you'."

"And then I giggle and blush and bite my lip," I counter with a flirty half-grin. Now this is the part of the date I was anticipating.

"And then I fake yawn and loop my around your shoulder." His,muscular arm slowly drapes around me and his thick fingers brush my neck.

"And then I tilt my head so it's facing you," I narrate. My blue eyes drill into his cheek as he gently does the same, so that our eyes connect, making sparks sizzle in my bloodstream and causing me to shiver. I memorize his face- those heart stopping green eyes, dashing smile, silky curls, delicious lips and smooth skin. It's nearly as perfect as mine.

"And now, no more talking," he whispers. His eyes flicker shut, as do mine, and my stomach plunges as his soft lips meet mine.

Our first kiss is warm, sweet, nothing extravagant, just nice, as a first kiss is supposed to be. He draws back cautiously and I smile breathlessly, my heart still pounding and my stomach doing a circus act. "I got you all flustered," he teases.

I gulp; realizing that my face is blotched with pink and flustered is exactly what he made me. The strangest thing is, I've rarely ever been flustered before, and certainly not because of a boy. "You did not," I argue, rolling my eyes. "I'm just so thrilled about almost witnessing a shooting star earlier."

"Admit it."

"Fine," I confess. "You got me flustered. But not as flustered as I made you." Flirting; this is my expertise.

A flush creeps onto his face and he shakes his head. "I don't get flustered," he disagrees smugly, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Right, except for when you're around me," I revise, trailing my fingers along his palm.

"Whatever makes you happy." He pivots his head so it's facing the sky again, signaling that I win.

"I knew it."

......

"I had a lovely time, Harry," I declare, quickly pecking him on the cheek. My heart rate has decelerated since our kiss, thankfully, but my face is still flushed.

"As did I."

"Tell Lewis and Niall and Zaynee and Liam I said hello?" I request, propping my elbow on the edge of his window.

His eyes shimmer in amusement and he raises his eyebrows. "You mean Louis and Zayn, right?"

For a moment I'm bewildered, then I realize I must have pronounced them wrong. I could have sworn that's what Hallie taught me though. "Oh, of course," I lie breezily. "Hallie kept calling them that and it must have gotten me confused."

Harry laughs, a charming smile spreading across his face. "I'll text you tomorrow," he promises.

"That sounds wonderful." I blow him a glossy kiss as his car roars away, accidentally blasting me with gasoline-scented fumes.

I flounce into the house, slamming our oak door firmly behind me and sighing with relief. Although it was thrilling to be on a date with an actual celebrity, my brain is barely functioning from boredom.

I pick up on thundering footsteps as Hallie darts downstairs, greeting me by curiously arching her eyebrow and crossing her arms in anticipation. I almost giggle at her pigtails, T-shirt, and fuzzy pajama shorts, which look like something a child would wear. Her expression is anxious and I hesitate before announcing, "I think he might be the one!"

I glimpse the tiniest blip in Hallie's expression before she flashes into a delighted smile, hugging me and bouncing up and down.

Stargazing may have been painfully dull, but overall the date was successful. Clearly, Harry's smitten with me and there's no doubt that within a matter of weeks, I'll be known as his new love interest. If things go the way I hope, he's the ticket to everything I could ever want: fame, wealth, and my very own handsome boyfriend. Oh, yes, Harry Styles is the one for me.

----------------

I know some of you are about to kill me, because you wanted Niall's plan. BUT THAT'S NEXT CHAPTER HONEYBOOS. Sorrrry :)

So if you're ready for the next chapter, COMMENT AND VOTE. A LOT. The more I get, the sooner I update <3

I love you all!

Rosemary

Continue Reading