Foreign

By acussed

the ruination and redemption of a girl that realizes her worth before it was too late. dedicated to the women... More

00.
1
2
3m
4
5
6
7
8
9
10m
11
12
13
14
15
16m
17
18
19m
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29m
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38m
40
41
42
43
44
REDEMPTION
45

39

949 49 3
By acussed

I playfully bumped into Dante as we walked towards a food market, hand in hand. He smirked down at me and trapped me under his arm. "Did you like the movie?" I asked, peering up to look at him.

"Too long for me. But you're little facial expressions kept me up." Dante teased, I rolled my eyes.

"But it was the last avengers! You just have been a little excited." I probed, Dante laughed causing my heart to squeeze.

"Look at you, my little nerd." He stole a kiss from my lips which I gladly excepted as I beamed up at him. "Sit down I'll get us something to eat." He kissed me one last time before he walked off to stand in line for something. I sat down at a table and waited, toying around with my phone. For the first time in a month I checked my Instagram opening it up and checking out my profile.

My heart wept as I saw the old pictures of Jade and I. I scrolled all the way down to where it showed us in our new apartment.

I wiped away my tears and put away my phone, pushing my hair out of my face. Dante came back a bit later, carrying the food to our table. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" Dante asked as he sat down, coming closer to me as he lowered his voice soothingly. He pressed his forehead to mine. "Hmm?" He asked again.

I smiled at him and shook my head, "Nothing, I was just thinking about the movie again." I kissed his cheek for an extra touch. And reached out for the food. Dante's gaze still on me.

The sun began to set as we started to walk back to the apartment. "Angel," I looked up at the sweet name he calls me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed the unfamiliar look on his face. He looked pale almost, and nervous. Tugging on his plump bottom lip as he avoided my eyes.

"Are you okay, Dante?" I pressed the palm of my hand to his neck, and then his forehead. "Are you not feeling well-" He cut me off, shaking his head.

"No...it's not that, it's not that I just," He took in a deep breath, getting annoyed with himself. "I wanted to give you this-but in a better way-Angel I love you." My heart skipped a beat as I watch him open a pure white ring box, opening it to show a blood red ruby in the shape of an lopsided small oval, with a platinum band.

"Wha-" I was so shocked I screamed a little. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"It's a promise ring." He whispered shyly, "Put it on." He grabbed my hand and slipped the finger on the opposite of the wedding ring finger. It fit perfectly on my slender fingers.

"Do you like-" I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his torso as I held onto him by his neck.

"Thank you, thank you. I love you."

The color red had a special meaning between us. A little secret only us two know. Maybe that would be enough for me. In the long run, maybe it'll be enough.

Dante holds my hand in his in a tight grasp and white nail polish in the other. I stifle my laughter as I watch his eyebrows pinch together in concentration as his long fingers try to evenly spread out the paint on my nails. As I stare longer at the paint that was all over my cuticle and basically covering half of my finger I couldn't help but laugh.

"Dante I could just do this my-" He shushed me causing me to let out a snort. I covered my mouth with my other hand as I laughed silently.

"There," He said as he carefully stroked my pinky fingers nail, finishing off the hand. "Finished."

I sigh, a huge smile on my face as I lift my arm up. Stretching my hand to get a good look at the new paint job. "I can see...what you were trying to do." Dante pouted obviously, crossing his arms over his chest. I giggled and scooted closer to him.

"Thank you, baby." I kissed his cheek, and holding his cheek in my palm. I smiled as he put his hand over mine, pulling it closer to his lips, and pressing a gentle kiss to my skin.

"You're very welcome." He replied with that sarcastic nature I'm very much used to now. His eyes shined as we stare at each other. Warmth surrounding us, "Havana, I want you to know that...I gave you that ring to try and find a way to symbolize what we have. And try and find a way to show how...grateful I am to you. How much I love you,"

"But I don't think anything materialistic can show that. Ever. But I wanted to try." He looked to my hand, staring at the ring on my finger.

I leaned my head against his shoulder, his words gripped my heart. This is what makes me stay, this is what drives me to stay alive. Being able to see this side of him. Being able to feel this love from him.

I hold him to me closely, my fingers in his soft hair. "Just like this ring I want us to last forever." His words moved me to tears, and I nodded my head. As my tears wet his skin Dante chuckled. "Always been such a crybaby."

"Are you sure you want to go by yourself?" Dante asked, holding my hand as I tried to walk away from the bedroom. I smile at him, walking back over to him. He was laying down, half asleep.

"I'll be fine. I'll be right back." I slipped through his hands and walked down the stairs, grabbing my bag that was hanging on the chair of the living room. I stepped out and was surprised to feel a slight breeze. We were coming to an end of September but usually it does start getting cooler in France later in the month.

I wore a simple yellow cotton dress I had recently made, the thin straps stayed on the top of my shoulders perfectly without slipping off. Another piece wrapped around my waist in a loose bow behind my back. I wore a small bucket sun hat and some sand colored strap sandals.

I began my journey, walking along the streets to head towards the marketplace. We needed vegetables among other things. I had my bag ready to go.

The market was busy as always but I had learned how to weasel my way in over the years. But, my voice still hasn't gotten any louder. So I try to wait patiently, letting older women and men go in front of me...and kids...and teenagers. I bite my lip anxiously, well I could just...my eyes widen as I see another large wave of people getting ready to hop in line.

I feel a warm hand grasp my shoulder. "You're looking to buy some eggplant, right? What else?" I look up at the familiar voice. Mathis smiling down at me.

"Um, pepper, garlic, green onions...bean sprouts." Mathis nods, and yells in a loud, assertive tone instantly catching one of the workers of this booths attention. Mathis ordered in French and I handed the money, smiling and thanking the worker. Mathis grabbed my hand and ushered me out of the smothering line.

"Thank you so much, Mathis. I always end up not speaking up when I'm supposed too." I say shaking my head at myself.

Mathis chuckled, smiling down at me. "Well, it's never too late to fix something like that. A small thing like that, once you fix it; it'll change your whole life." I take a look at Mathis, he had bags of his own in his hands. And I was momentarily shocked to see he wasn't in a suit this time. For some reason Mathis just gives off the vibe that he wears suits to bed.

But, no, he wore black shorts and a white long sleeved shirt, finishing with some Nike shoes.

"Are you still shopping? I still need to buy something, I don't mind you tagging along." He teased. I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'll take you up on that offer." We walked side by side together, trying to spot out the next booth to go to.

"Yeah, so I can do all your yelling, huh. Not that I mind." Mathis said cheekily, throwing a glance at me. I rolled my eyes.

"You caught me." We laughed together.

I cooed as I gently pet the calico kitten I had just found. She was so tiny with big crystal green colored eyes. I crouched down and let out a groan as I pouted at her. She meowed at me, cuddling close to my hand as I scratched at her neck.

"You're the cutest thing I've ever seen." I told her, playing with her fluffy hair. She looked to be no older than three weeks old.

"What's this here? Two kittens in a alley?" Mathis remarked, coming closer to where the kitten and I sat.

"Mathis! Look at her! She's the prettiest thing ever." I picked her up in my hands and she happily snuggled into my palms. Mathis looked at my face and laughed.

"Dante hates animals, especially cats." I frowned, looking back at the kitten. Mathis has just easily destroyed my dream.

"Yeah...I know." I stare at her grey and light orange coat.

"Do you think I can sneak her in?" I mumbled, holding the kitten to my chest. Mathis sighed, smiling at me. He bent down and scratched the top of the kittens head as she slept on my chest.

"There's no harm in trying. Come on let's get her checked out first. My cousins a vets assistant luckily." Mathis said as he grabbed my bags.

We walked over to his car and drove off to the clinic. "What do you think I should name her?" I said smiling happily down at the kitten as she still was asleep on my chest.

"Hmm, maybe Cali." Mathis suggested playfully, I looked at him and laughed shaking my head.

"Kona." I lifted her up in my hands and she mewled at me.

I smiled at Kona, her new green collar looked so cute on her. I've never had a pet but I've always wanted one. The veterinarian said Kona was healthy, have her the first round of shots she'd need. The doctor gave me some tips on how to care for her and what products I'd need as well.

"It was nice meeting you, Ava. Matty, bring her over more often. The families wondering if you're going to stay single forever." Mathis' cousin, Harriet, said smirking at her younger cousin. Mathis chuckled, looking at me apologetically.

"Yeah, yeah. I will. Later, Harriet." Mathis said, Harriet rolled her eyes and walked over to me. Kissing both my cheeks and holding me by my arms.

"I'm serious! And if you ever need anything call, bye." Her brown eyes stared into my with intensity. Her wild curls up in a high ponytail.

"Of course, thank you so much. Have a good day!" I turned around, Mathis holding the door open for me.

"You're whole family is so kind, Mathis. How's your father by the way?" I ask as we buckle up.

"The old man is doing well. He'll be happy to find out you asked." He said smiling at the road. "Probably more happy than he was when I finished Med School." I let out a snort.

"Yeah right!" I laughed.

"It's true! You charm everyone you meet, Ava Sanchez." Mathis insisted. I blushed, shaking my head.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, stop kissing ass." I grumbled, Mathis let out a loud laugh. Waking up Kona.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.1K 46
ROSES AND RAVENS BOOK 0.5 Her life has never been easy, constantly being lied to she had to grow up early. Never could she have thought that the peop...
18.5K 637 43
When an independent girl moves to the big city, unknowing of whose city she's just stepped into. - Mafia romance - Employee and boss - Possessive
7.8K 550 31
๐˜๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ "๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ...
1K 9 36
She needed to be saved, he wanted someone to rescue.