Let's pretend (book 1)

By Demona44

"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Wal... More

Chapter 1: Meet my girlfriend
chapter 2: You're my only chance
Chapter 3: full of surprises
Chapter 5: I quit!
Chapter 6: You cannot quit
Chapter 7: Son of a bitch
Chapter 8: I will protect you
chapter 9: a distraction
Chapter 10: You're mine for now
Chapter 11: My fake boyfriend
Chapter 12: I want this to end
Chapter 13: Cat and mouse
Chapter 14: You were amazing
Chapter 15: part of the deal
Chapter 16: I need you to marry me...
Chapter 17: She disappeared
Chapter 18: I've found her
Chapter 19: I'm feeling complete
Chapter 20: We have a daughter
Chapter 21: I'll never let you go
Chapter 22: We are family
Chapter 23: A million time yes!
Chapter 24: breakfast
Chapter 25: Fairy tale come true
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Family dinner

2.1K 91 43
By Demona44

Zachary Walton's P.O.V

I just stood there looking at the two of them not believing what I was seeing. I cleared my throat and Andy let go of her but he kept looking at Elise giving her his signature smile. The one he uses on girls. I had to roll my eyes at him before nudging him a little.

"Long time no see cousin, I heard you were in Japan for the past year"

"I was, yes. But I'm not going back anymore" he answered without even looking at me. He was still looking at Elise and it started to get to me. I was sure by now something happened between them in the past and I had to know what it was before going inside that house. I didn't want to be taken by surprise. Or maybe was that jealousy? But no why would I be jealous. She's just my assistant.

"Alright, I'm happy for you now if you please can take your hands off my girlfriend that would be great. And next time don't call her sexy or anything".

I noticed Elise was glaring at me but I ignored her as I took her hand in mine and lead her inside leaving Andy behind. I snaked my arm possessively around her waist bringing her closer to me as we walked inside. Leaning in closer to her ear I whispered "That didn't go unnoticed Elise. I'll want an explanation."

"Oh Zachary you're really here! With your girlfriend" my mother appeared smiling "I thought you weren't going to come."  Ella Walton looked like a little kid un-wrapping her Christmas gift.

"Hello mother, of course I'd come. You wanted to meet my girlfriend, here she is. But please, do not scare her will you?" I said teasingly.

My mother looked at Elise from head to toe with an approving smile on her face. Of course she'd approve have you seen the girl? She's gorgeous.

"Welcome to our home dear. Don't listen to him, I don't bite and you have nothing to be scared of. You look lovely darling" she took Elise in a suffocating hug. I watched amused as Elise hugged her back looking so innocent in my mother's arms.

"Is dad home?" I asked my mom who pulled away from Elise and nodded "your brother and your sister are both here. Your cousin Andy was here too. He came to see your dad. You just missed him. He's changed a lot, looks more confident. But I still don't trust him."

Ella always said she could feel people's aura. I would joke about it all the time and act as if I didn't believe her. But whenever she had a bad feeling about someone, I would trust her and stay away. She always ended up being right.

"He's not staying for dinner?"

"No he said he has important things to do. He's only been back two days ago. I don't know he actually wanted to stay for dinner, but he got a phone call and was pissed off all of a sudden. I smell something fishy."

I nodded taking Elise's hand in mine "He always gets himself in trouble." I turned my attention to Elise who was very silent for some reason "come on I'll introduce you to my father and siblings."

We went out to the garden where my father was taking care of the barbecue. My sister, Amelia, was talking on the phone while my brother Andrew was lounging on one of mom's big sofas. We had both moved out as soon as we went to college, Amelia wanted to move out as well but being daddy's little princess they wouldn't let her.

I turned around to face Elise "are you ok? You've been very calm"

"I'm good, don't worry" she gave me a smile than her eyes widened "right! How did we get together? They already know me as your assistant right?"

"They do yes. We met at the office, you started working for me and we fell in love. Let's keep it simple so we don't get lost in our own story." I was still a little angry with Andy's reaction to Elise. For some reason there was something nagging at me and I couldn't shake the image of him having her in his arms from my head.

"Look who decided to show up. With a girl on his arm too" I smirked looking back at my younger brother.

"Brother, I've missed your sarcasm" I shook his hand and introduced him to Elise.

"Hello Elise, welcome to the family, but I think you chose the wrong brother" he said playfully winking at her.

She giggled. She actually giggled like a school girl!

"Hi Andrew. Nice meeting you. I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally put a face to the name"

He smiled and took her hand pecking it gently. "If he ever hurts you, let me know. I'd gladly kick his ass for you"

And my sweet assistant giggled again. Was she tipsy or something? I saw Amelia ran to me when she noticed us and she gave me a bear hug.

"You don't visit anymore! I miss you" she then let go of me and looked at Elise talking with Andrew. She pulled her into a hug "I finally have a sister. Better you than that bitch Ashley anyway; I wonder what mother was thinking when she chose her".

"I don't think she was thinking at all to be honest" I grinned looking at Elise.

She tried to hide her smile while I rolled my eyes. Leave it to my sister to be this blunt. I pulled Elise away and saw how happy she looked. It warmed my heart. "You look happy" I said as I lead the way to where my dad was.

"I am actually. It feels nice to be around family... I mean people. I've been on my own for so long, only seeing my parents once in a while."

"What do we have here" my father said smiling "you sure know how to pick them son" he smirked shaking Elise's hand. "Welcome to our family Elise, it's nice meeting the woman who tamed my son"

She burst in laughter at that and shook her head "no one can tame Zachary Walton" she grinned shaking back his hand "I'm happy to meet you sir"

"oh call me Brandon, we're family now"

Elise blushed and nodded. She stood by my dad for a while both talking and laughing from time to time. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was full of life and looked so beautiful in that black dress.

"Is it serious this time?" Andrew asked sitting next to me.

"It is yes" I smiled. I didn't want to lie to my own brother, but knowing my mom she would investigate and would get the truth out of him, and we'll get back to the start.

"Well she's different. Actually, she's the only decent woman I ever saw you with" We both chuckled "Even Amy isn't that decent."

"You know there's nothing between Amy and I, she's just a friend."

"Tell that to the press then. They keep posting pictures of you two."

I didn't say anything when I saw my dad and Elise join us under the pergola. An hour went by with us all chatting and laughing, it wasn't weird as I suspected it would be. We all sat the table together, Elise helped my mother with the food and thankfully wasn't under questioning. Dinner went by smoothly. We were at ease together and comfortable with each other. No one suspected a thing.

"Collins... that name rings a bell" my father told Elise.

"My father is Matthew Collins, owner of Collins and co, maybe that's where you know him from?"

"Yes Matthew, I know him well. Is he still in Greece?"

"Yes my parents live there now." They kept chatting about her parents and I couldn't focus anymore. I was seeing a different Elise. Not the hard working girl, not the professional assistant. Instead it was the outgoing Elise, fun and happy.

My family loved her, and I had a feeling it would be hard on me to inform them we broke up a few days later. But I realized that was bound to happen at some point and I didn't want them to like her anymore. I thought they'd just accept her as my girlfriend but they really accepted her in our family already. I felt bad for lying and playing a game that might hurt them. Maybe even break their heart.

I stood up abruptly "Elise, ready to go home?"

They all looked at me as if I've grown another head. "We have to wake up early tomorrow, and it's already late."

Elise stood up and bid everyone good night. I wrapped an arm around her waist and took her to the car opening the door for her. The drive back home was mostly silent. I didn't feel like talking, I felt off for some reason. I parked in front of her building and smiled at her.

"Thank you for today. I think they really believed it. I'll never forget that you helped me, I owe you Elise Collins."

"Yes, we were pretty credible" she smiled opening her door "and thank you. I had fun. Better than the Saturday I had in mind so you don't owe me anything. Well, see you Monday boss".

I watched her as she got inside the building and fought the urge to go after her. What the hell is wrong with me! I groaned and drove away before I do something I'll regret later. Lots of things were running through my head as I drove home. I forgot to ask her about Andy, I needed to know what went down between them. Were they a couple? But Andy was a playboy, worse than me. He used women and then let them down easily breaking their heart.

Andy wasn't someone to be in a relationship, he wasn't that guy. I sighed heavily parking my car and getting inside the elevator. I was going to ask her about it Monday morning. I wasn't going to let it slide like that.

My phone beeped signaling me I received a message. I took it out of my pocket and read the message. It was from William.

WB: Want to hit the ring?

I thought about it and got back into the elevator and pressed the parking button. Fuck it I need to blow out some steam. I felt anger built within me, I was yet to find out why. But for now the ring was the best solution. And hanging out with William always helped when I was in a bad mood.

ZW: I'm on my way.

*****************************************

I hope you enjoyed reading <3 LoVe YoU

Comment and vote <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 3.5K 15
"If you can kiss me then you can sleep with me" "I'll admit that I'm attracted to you Zach. But I won't go that far" "Shall we bet then?" ~~~~~~~~~~~...
45.3K 5.8K 93
"So, ready to make your wish?" I smiled, though my stomach was doing flips. He sighed miserably. "This would be the most weirdest request anyone has...
419K 13.5K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
298K 4.9K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...