When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 44: Surprise

14 4 0
By CDMarie

For the first time I was struck speechless. Dante... is it possible I like him? I looked at him again and quickly looked away. Yes, it is very possible.

Weird, this guy who I once hated has transformed into a guy I now like. Like my life isn't complicated enough.

"Marie? Marie!" Dante shouted.

"What?" I said snapping back to reality.

"Are you coming inside tonight?" He asked.

Wow, I day dreamed the whole car ride back.

"What's with you?" Dante asked.

"Nothing." I smiled.

I don't know if he bought it, but I didn't stick around to find out. I rushed inside.

"Hunter?!" I shouted.

"Thank goodness. Lucifer will be back anytime." He explained to me.

"Hey! I wasn't done talking to you!" Dante said to me.

"Uh... Lucifer will be back soon. Gotta get upstairs." I said running upstairs.

I quickly shut the door the second I got upstairs. To no surprise the second the door clicked it opened again.

"Why are you avoiding the question?"

"What do you mean? I'm not avoiding anything." I said. "You should go, who knows when Lucifer will be back."

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"I told you it's nothing." I said trying to leave the room, but his hand pushed against the door blacking my escape.

"If Lucifer is going to be back soon don't you think you should stay in here?" He smirked.

Ugh, why is he so smart? Why is he so cute? Oh. My. God. I need to stop thinking, but man is he cute. Okay something is wrong with me.

"You're right, but you should leave. What would Lucifer think if he found you in here." I challenged.

"I could just tell him you tried to escape while he was gone and I need to watch you."

"Why can't Hunter?"

"Hunter doesn't know your patterns like I do."

Ugh! Why does he have to be so smart?

"Now answer my question." He demanded.

"What question?" I asked clueless.

"You know which one." He said putting his hands on my shoulders, while he stares deeply into my eyes.

We stood there for a long time. I just couldn't look away from his captivating eyes.

"What was this question I was supposed to answer?" I whispered our heads getting closer.

"It doesn't matter." He whispered.

Are faces got closer and closer until our lips touched.

*Knock *Knock

"Guys Lucifer wants you to be down stairs when he gets here to meet everyone."

"Be right there!" Dante shouted to Hunter.

"Not going!" I shouted.

"Yes, you are." Dante told me.

"No." I said very childishly.

Dante just shrugged before he threw me over his shoulder and carried me downstairs.

"See, told you." He smirked while putting me down.

I hate it when he's right. He knows I do. Which probably makes it even more enjoyable for him.

"When is he going to be here?" I asked Hunter.

"Now." He said walking outside.

Dante started to follow, but noticed I hadn't moved. He gave me a warning look.

"What? Lucifer would find it suspicious if I went." I told him.

He rolled his eyes, walked over to me, and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ah Dante." Lucifer said. "Meet the vampire witch army."

"Can I get down now?" I asked annoyed.

"No."

"More trouble than usual?" Lucifer asked.

"You bet!" I answered proudly.

"If she wasn't so fun to watch fight, I would ask one of the witches to cast a spell to make her more cooperative." Dante said.

"That is ture. So how much trouble did she get herself into while I was away?"

"Why don't you guess?" I told him.

It's interesting how easy I can play my character.

"Well I'm guessing a lot considering you are carrying her like a child."

"I am not a child!" I corrected.

"Sure you aren't" Dante laughed.

"I'm sorry I missed all the fun."

"I'm not." I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"I am feeling very fiesty right now. All this attitude just comes so naturally.

"I'm going to go put the kid down." Dante said right before I punched him. "Ouch! Anyway, I will be back."

He carried me back upstairs but I stayed in character. Who knows who's listening.

"Yeah I'm not staying in here." I informed him.

"There is an army of vampires and witches out there. Try to escape." He laughed.

"Oh I will."

This was quite the choice; old me would have done anything to get out, but I know now that there is no way I could get out of here. If I tried it would be very painful. Not only was I outnumbered by vampires, but I don't really want to find out just how powerful these witches are.

After many minutes of contemplation, I decided I couldn't risk blowing my cover; so I would try to escape. My exit points are windows, doors, and the chimney. Doors and windows I've used before so that would be too obvious. I changed into some black clothes that I wouldn't mind getting dirty. I also put some gloves on that would help me climb up the chimney. Last I put a bandana around my nose to stop myself from inhaling any ash.

Climbing a chimney is a lot of work not only did it burn my eyes, but one wrong move and I would fall all the way down. The further I get the more dangerous it is. Being stronger than most people comes in handy. It wasn't easy, but not impossible either.

The sun beat down hard on my face as I reached the top of the chimney. The roof was slanted on both sides of me. I quickly laid on the point of the roof hoping not to be seen. The black shingles on the roof burned my bare arms. I scoped out my surroundings and fortunately most of the gathering was out back besides a few people entering the open gate.

My exit was spotted, but now it the where. Once I do successfully escape where would I go. There's only one place.

I quickly jumped off the roof from the lowest point. The landing didn't hurt too much, I mean, I'm still able to walk. I ran out of the gate and down the street.

Once I came to the familiar door I walked straight in. The lights in the house were off, dust covered everything. I would have been convinced no one lived here, but I knew that wasn't the case. I walked down the stairs into the basement. Everything looked the same for the most part, although, there was a lot more workout equipment. It's weird though, Tigger nor the slayers where anyway to be found.

All of the sudden, my arms were being held tight and someone was coming at me with a stake.

"Woah guys wait!" Someone yelled.

"Marie?" Rider asked dropping the stake to the ground.

Tigger and Harper stepped out of the shadows and Nate released his grip.

"Wow guys, I'm impressed and slightly frightened for my life. You guys have made real progress."

"Thanks." Nate nodded.

"What are you doing here?" Tigger asked.

"Well I escaped and wanted to check up on you guys, but I can't stay much longer I don't want to give away your guys' position." I explained.

"Makes sense." They nodded.

"Before I leave is there any questions?"

"No Tigger has it pretty much covered." Harper answered.

"I'm glad. It seems Tigger is doing an awesome job here." I grinned. "I'm going to go so that I don't lead them in this direction. I don't want them to have any reason to stop by."

"It was nice seeing you Marie." Harper smiled.

"It was nice seeing you guy, too. Keep up the good work." I said before ascending the stairs.

I walked out the door and ran back towards Seth's house. Once I was a few blocks away I turned around so it wouldn't be suspicious.

"Marie?!" I heard someone shout.

I looked around, but didn't see anyone. They must have just realized I was gone. I decided to walk to the nearest gas station and got an icee. It was close enough to the house that they wouldn't think to go to Dante's, but far enough to not be skeptical.

I was surprised when 30 minutes went by and they didn't find me. I decided to walk outside. Within five minutes I had been spotted by one of Lucifer's guys. The question that remains in my head is if this guy is a witch or a vampire. He was pretty big and intimidating, he reminded me of the bouncers outside of clubs.

I quickly came at him, but then all of the sudden my legs give out and I fall to the ground.

Witch. He is definitely a witch. He carried me and put me into the bed of his truck and than slowly drove back to the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
39.1K 1K 70
"These moans of yours, Zemira, they tend to tamper with my head. They're making my mind a haywire, π“œπ“Έπ”‚ 𝓿π“ͺ𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓻." He whispered into my ear, se...
135 6 10
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
4.6M 84.7K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...