When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 37: We Had A Deal

19 4 0
By CDMarie

I arrived at the Big Apple in less than fifteen minutes. I had all day to walk around. I was planning on shopping or more likely looking at stuff I can't afford on the famous upper east side.

"Welcome to Tiffany's." A shopping clerk welcomed me as I walked into the store.

Once I saw the first price tag, I found my way back outside. That was about the same with just every store, so I decided to stop and have lunch at some overpriced cafe.

Before I even knew it, the sun was setting and night was upon the city.

I had no idea how Marc was going to find me, so I just wandered aimlessly around the city. The city is beautiful at night, will all the lights, but when you get closer there are a lot of creepy things about New York City. All the dark alleyways. I was just about to cross the street when...

*Boom!

Someone came up behind me and dragged me to the alleyway. The person pinned me up against the wall. I barely made out the facial figures of his dark face.

"Marc?! What the hell?" I yelled releasing a relieved sigh. Weird, I was actually relieved to see Marc!

"Told you I'd find you. Let's go." He ordered dragging me by the wrist, down the street and to a car that was already on. He guided me, well, more like pushed me into the back seat, where I bumped into flesh.

"Long time, no see, sis." Hunter greeted.

"Not long enough." I said under my breath. "Marc, why is he here?"

"For backup since you got away from me last time." He answered pulling out onto the road.

"Oh, because blackmailing me isn't good enough." I rolled my eyes.

The car ride was only about twenty minutes, but it felt like a lifetime. I don't know if it was because of Hunter and Marc's constant harassing or the fact that I knew one way or another I was walking into the final battle. Either I win and Dante goes back to his true self, or I die, or worse I get turned and Seth dies. This is it.

"You coming in tonight?" Hunter asked snapping me out of my deep thinking.

We arrived in a parking garage. I was then lead to an elevator. Once the elevator ride was over I was met with a huge condo. It appeared to be really open with a light wood colored kitchen to the left, living room in front of me, and a couple bedrooms to the right. There was just one problem.

"Where's Dante?" I asked turning to Marc and Hunter who were still by the entrance.

"Hey Sweetheart." I turned to see Dante trying to steal a kiss.

"Cut the crap, Dante." I told him placing a hand on his chest to stop him from getting any closer.

"So what's the plan here? When is this all going down?" I asked as we all migrated to the couches in the living room.

"Well babe, all you need to know is that tomorrow night, I'll be back and Seth can leave. Him leaving alive happens on one condition, you have to stay." Dante purposed.

"Fine."

We sat there for a while in silence before I got up in search for food. I opened the fridge, but to my disgust it was full of blood bags. I closed the fridge with a sigh and jumped to see dante standing right behind the door.

"You must really love me."

I was about to tell Dante off, but then he said something weird.

"Why are you sacrificing everything for me. You know Dante will kill you after I'm released." He stated.

That wasn't Dante speaking. My eyes grew wide when it hit me. "Seth?!"

Seth's head shook as if trying to knock a weird thought out of his head.

"Marc, you have five seconds to tell me what the hell just happened." Dante hissed.

"Seth's fighting you." Marc said eyes wide in surprise. "He knows Marie's life is in danger, so he's trying to get her to leave."

They both looked at me in shock, but I was too shocked myself to care. I haven't talked to Seth in forever.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Seth's fighting for control." Dante answered annoyed.

"I think he'll continue to fight after he gets his body back. I don't know if we can let him live." Marc said.

"WHAT?! You promised. If Seth isn't released I will kill all of you! Even if it's the last thing I do!" I threatened.

"You will be up against a powerful witch and the strongest vampire on earth."

I was about to come at Dante, but then someone came up behind me and grabbed my arms.

"I think Marie's becoming a problem." Hunter said from behind me.

I totally forgot he was even here, but here he was holding me back against my will. The problem with that is, it's a normal vampire against a fully powered slayer. I'm not an amiture anymore.

"That's not your call." I told him, flipping myself over Hunter and kicking him in the back while still mid air.

*Crack

Hunter fell to the ground. I would have felt bad because we're blood related, but we are not family.

"Hey! Play nice with your brother!" Dante scowled.

"Sorry Dante, but I'm no longer enrolled in school. You're not my legal guardian anymore." I said running over and kicking Dante in the face.

I ran toward the elevator door which to my surprise was already opening and inside...

*Gasp

"Dad?" I said surprised, this wasn't Hunter's dad, but the man who raised me.

He had the same color dark hair as Jake, just buzz cut, dark eyes, and in shape.

"Why did you run away?" He asked hurt.

"You don't listen, Jake was upset you guys left-"

"Don't blame your brother!" He hissed putting a hand around Jake, who I just realized was there.

"I'm not doing this with you right now!" I said turning and walking away from my dad.

"Marie! Pay attention to your father!" Dante said grabbing me and making me face my father.

"Who is this?" My dad asked referring to Dante.

"That's my brother, Seth." My birth father said.

First, when did he get here?! I guess I was too distracted by the father I hadn't seen since he left the country to notice. Second, how dare he introduce him as Seth!

"Marie's been staying with me while my brother was away on work." Dante said putting a hand out to my dad who shook it.

"Now I know why you ran away, to find your birth parents." He nodded before turning to Jake. "You would never have known you were adopted if someone hadn't told you."

"Dad listen-"

"Not here son, we don't' want to make a bigger scene. Let's go. Goodbye Marie." My dad said before the elevator door closed and Jake and my dad were gone.

Wait, Jake is a vampire! My dad's in danger! I tried to go after him, but Dante held me tighter and Marc stood in front of the door looking vengeful.

"Go ahead Lipgloss, try to run, it will give me a chance to pay you back for those herbs." Marc told me.

Sadly, I can't help my dad. There's no way I could get past three vampires and a witch. Hopefully Jake doesn't do anything to him.

The final battle is just starting and I think everyone knows what's coming. Only one side will survive.

"Hunter, show Lipgloss to her room." Dante instructed.

Hunter lead me into one of the bedrooms. The only thing I saw is Lipgloss? Lipgloss comforter, sheets, lamp. At least I know Dante thinks about me. I laughed at the idea.

"What's so funny?" Hunter asked.

"Oh you know, just the fact that Dante took the time to get Lipgloss everything."

"Well, Lipgloss when I get back in my body and I turn you, this will be your room." Dante said leaning against the door frame.

"We'll see." I told him.

I can't imagine what Dante will be like when he does get his humanity back. I mean right now he's the most evil guy I know. To think that, this person has a human side, it just boggles the mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Intoxicating By Nani🦋

General Fiction

259K 4.3K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
1.4K 161 23
Grey Dante, an advanced stubborn she-wolf, who wants nothing more than to explore. She is constantly abused, but still stands strong. Her advanced co...
135 6 10
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
39.1K 1K 70
"These moans of yours, Zemira, they tend to tamper with my head. They're making my mind a haywire, 𝓜𝓸𝔂 𝓿𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓻." He whispered into my ear, se...