When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True

13 5 0
By CDMarie

"I need to get back to Trollhella's house, one of you have a car?" I asked.

"There's a tan pickup truck out from we can take." Colin suggested.

We all piled in, me and Colin in the front of the truck and the other nine vampires piled in the bed of the truck. As we pulled out onto the main road I took my phone out and text Nicholas telling him I was on my way back.

When we finally arrived after many wrong turns it was pitch black out. Hopefully Nicholas isn't losing his mind.

"Marie!!" Nicholas said running to me and embarrassing me in a bone crushing hug as I walked through the door. "Are you okay? What hap-" He cut himself off when he saw the vampire gang follow me through the door.

"How'd they get in they weren't invited?" Trollhella asked confused.

"There's a flaw in your spell, first the gate was open and second any human who has been invited in already can extent the invitation."

Silence filled the room for a moment, Trollhella beat up over her not so full proof spell and Nicholas still awestruck about the vampire gang. The vampire gang just stood there making no effort to cut through the tension.

"Why are they here? Have you completely lost your mind?!" Nicholas asked angrily.

"They came to me, they want to help take Dante down."

"How do you know they're not on his side?!" He yelled.

Not only am I questioning my judgement, but Nicholas is, too. Which means, Nicholas doesn't trust me. The thought alone was enough to destroy me.

"Where's Marc?" Trollhella asked concern obvious in her tone.

"Oh well your boy Marc is with his close buddy Dante. He played you, he brought me right to Dante." I explained.

"You're lying!" Trollhella said.

Wow, Trollhella doesn't even believe me. Why is she so trusting of Marc? Wait, I get it now, she loves him. That's the only way she would be so quick to tell me off and trust him.

"You love him." I said.

"Marie, you're honestly sounding like a crazy person." Nicholas told me with a concerned look.

"You know what?! Fine. I don't need you guys, I'll find other witches to help me. Besides Marc's probably already on his way here." I said turning around and waved for the vampire gang to follow.

I don't know what the hell just happened, but I need to find a witch that's willing to help me kill Dante and get Seth back.

"Let's just get out of here." I told them getting back in the truck.

"So they didn't believe you, that sucks." Colin said starting the truck.

"Yup, have any idea where to find a witch who could help us kill Dante?" I said trying to keep my mind on the plan rather than the fight I had with my friends back there. Friends I consider family.

"Why do we need a witch?" Colin asked.

"One because Dante has a witch who can take us all out without blinking and two because I want to get my boyfriend back." I told them.

"There's a lot of witches in New Orleans let's try there." He suggested.

"Okay." I replied.

We drove for about an hour and I was struggling to stay awake. I was yawning twice a minute.

"You can go to sleep. You're human, you need sleep we still have about five and a half hours. I'll wake you up when we arrive." Colin told me.

Shortly after that I couldn't fight it anymore and drifted to sleep.

The city is filled with lights and people as if there was a festival, I ran through the large crowd of people and down the street continually looking behind me every couple seconds hoping I lost him in the crowd. Then I looked back and ran into something causing me to fall back.

"Hello Lipgloss." Dante said before picking me up.

Next thing I know I'm tied up in a chair in some empty parking garage.

"Well Lipgloss, how do I possibly make you suffer enough before I kill you." Dante said walking out of the shadows. "Maybe I should turn you and then torture you forever, make you not longer immune to that blue potion? Yeah I think that's what I'll do." He said running at me fast.

*Gasp

My heart rate slowed as I woke up and noticed I'm still in the car with Colin and the vamps. It sped back up when I realized there's a pretty high chance that will come true.

"What'd you see?" Colin asked.

I was confused for a moment as to how he knew, but Dante used to tell them everything.

"Oh just Dante ruining my life, but what else is knew?" I explained.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"To change what you saw?" He explained.

"Oh, um... we just need to find a witch willing to help us before Dante shows up."

"Okay, well we're about ten minutes away from New Orleans." He explained.

My stomach got in knots as I continued thinking about what I saw in my dream. If Dante catches me it's not going to be good.

I was so deep into my thought I didn't even realize it was morning. It looks as if the sun just raised a few minutes ago. I glanced at the clock stereo and saw it was a quarter past seven.

*Growl

I'm so hungry I haven't ate anything in the last 24 hours.

"We can stop and get you something to eat once we get there." Colin told me.

"Okay."

Normally I would say I'm fine, but if Dante is coming to fight then I need to have my strength back.

We arrived and got some quick breakfast before scoping it out. We walked around all afternoon, but every time we mentioned 'witches' they all looked at us as if we were crazy.

"Maybe they don't show themselves when there are all these tourists around." Suggested Colin.

"Yeah, maybe, but we're running out of time. Dante is going to show up when day turns to night." I told him.

If I don't find a witch by the time Dante gets here it's game over. There's no more hope of getting Seth back or on a higher note saving the world. Which reminds me New Orleans is the only city that isn't a human blood bath. There must be witches here! Why else would vampires stay away?

"We're going to continue looking why don't you go get something to eat." Colin said.

I nodded and went to this diner I saw earlier. I ate until I felt like my stomach was going to explode. Then a feeling came over my stomach as it got knotted. Dante's here. I quickly paid and ran out of there to go find Colin and the rest of the vamps.

"Lipgloss!" The voice yelled sending shivers up my back.

I started running through the crowd of people, only looking back to confirm that it was him I was running for.

Oh no!

I started looking back ever couple seconds just like my dream. I tried to stop, but I was no longer in control of my body. What the hell?!

*Bang

I ran into Dante causing me to fall and hit my head on the concrete. Then everything went black.

I woke back up in the empty parking lot just like in my dream. I tried to break free, but it was useless. Then I remembered what happened to me, not having control over my body.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked knowing Dante isn't far away.

"You mean your vision and not having control over your body?" A voice asked.

I expected Dante, but it wasn't him. Stepping out of the darkness emerges none other than Marc.

"That was just a simple spell you say what I wanted you to see then were trapped in it. You are so predictable, all I had to do was give dante a chip to plant on you when you were fighting in the barn, then go convince your friends that you are crazy." He explained.

It was him! The whole reason Nicholas turned against me was because of him! I need to get out of here!

I started shaking the chair trying to break free, but it was useless. I eventually just gave up.

"Please continue, it's entertaining to watch you struggle Lipgloss." Dante said walking out of the shadows.

My heart immediately started pounding twice as fast once I saw him. This is it, my life is over!

"So do we turn her, she'll be under your control forever, if she's human you only have her for about 70 years."

"You're right I should just turn her." Dante nodded.

If I get turned into a vampire and on top of that be under Dante's control I'll stake myself! There's no way I could or would live like that.

"Which should come first turning or undoing the spell?" Dantes asked.

"How about neither?" Nicholas asked as he stepped out of the shadows.

Thank goodness, I can always count on Nicholas to be there when I need him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 13.5K 36
✔COMPLETED ✔ Description: So, what do you do at 14 when you've been kicked out of the only home you've ever known? What do you do when you call you...
Intoxicating By Nani🦋

General Fiction

259K 4.3K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
10K 296 37
*COMPLETED* ****************************************** "There are four rules that you must do, if you break them...chaos will come" ~Anonymous Rule...
14.8K 3.8K 18
" Well shoot " he looked shocked by my request. " You're not afraid to die?" I scoffed at his dumb question, isn't my request enough answer? " listen...