When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 22: Early Visitor

25 5 0
By CDMarie

I cried as I walked back to the field where I saved the boy. I never let go what Abby said to me. I eventually fell to the ground, tears pouring. I'm responsible for a little boy's death. I couldn't save him.

"What's wrong, your friends abandon you?" That voice! The one who is responsible for everything, me becoming a slayer, the bounty on me, everything. Anger replaced my sadness as I looked up to see Dante standing less than ten feet away.

"You're early." I said annoyed as I stood up.

"So are you. Rave and I haven't had a lot of time to chat, but he did tell me about a blue liquid you drank." He said smirking. "Hey Rave, I found her!"

Next thing I knew Rave was running out of the line of trees and stopped next to Dante.

Once the time is right, I'm going to kill Dante. Nicholas' brother or not, he needs to pay for what he has done.

"There you are, now come!" Rave ordered.

I hated being ordered around like a dog, but I had to play along till the time was right. So I walked over there and acted like I was trying to fight my body.

"Excellent." Dante said pleased. "Bring her inside."

"Go!"

I don't know why he must order me around like a dog. He could always just ask. Then again that might not be how this works.

As I made my way to the cabin I passed Hypers body and I couldn't help the tears that escaped. Dante looked at me, but I refused to let him see me weak.

"Where are they?!" I demanded once I realized that Nicholas and Seth were nowhere to be found.

"Relax, let's sit and chat." He motioned to a chair next to the one he occupies.

"No!" I shook my head. "I've been playing by your rules, but now I'm done!"

"You don't have a choice. Let me remind you of something Lipgloss, I'm holding all the cards here: I have Nicholas and Seth, someplace where I can have both killed with just dialing a number, not to mention my boy Rave got you to drink the blue potion." He was right. He did hold all the cards, but I still have a few up my sleeve.

"So how's it been without your slayer powers?" Dante asked as I sat down after being ordered to.

"Manageable. I may not have my slayer strengths or instincts, but I still am the strongest living vampire."

"That doesn't matter, I know all your patterns." Dante said.

"Maybe so, but I can still beat you. We've proven that multiple times."

We sat in silence for a while until Rave's dad came through the door with a young woman who couldn't be much older than me. She had brown, straight hair, hazel eyes that were filled with terror, and yet she still tried to play it off as if she wasn't scared at all.

"Excellent, one task down, still many to go."

"I'm not helping you!" the girl spoke. "What you want to be done isn't something I believe in doing."

"Either do it or die. You have plenty of time to think about it." Dante started very angrily, losing patience.

Rave's dad put the girl over in the corner far away from me. Dante, Rave, and I then left to go walk and talk. The idea that Dante needs another vampire to protect him makes me very pleased.

"It will be quite interesting to see you weak Lipgloss."

"I'll never be weak."

"I disagree, when I have your powers you will be as weak as Seth."

"You will never defeat me."

"Maybe not, maybe I'll let you live from the goodness of my heart."

"What heart?"

We continued walking, I was unaware there was so much land here. The land reminded me a lot of my parent's cabin, ferns covered the forest floor, beautiful trees made it impossible to see what lies in the distance. I felt like we've been walking for hours when we arrive at a small creek and Dante stopped.

"Dante what are we doing here?"

"I already told you we are here to talk."

"But we haven't been talking."

Dante didn't speak, but just stood their thinking. I could tell when he realized I was right because he gave me this look of defeat. If I only know one thing in this situation it's Dante isn't easily defeated, something is up.

"Look..." I thought he was going to explain, but after a minute he pointed to a spot in the woods.

I turned then saw nothing, turned back and-

Bam!

Dante hit me with something and I blacked out.

I then woke up in the back seat of Dante's car, Dante was driving and Rave was sitting in the passenger seat. I sit up and pain shoots throughout my body. I looked around, but there's no street signs or even humans anywhere, so there is no telling where I am.

"That was a low move, Dante, even for you. Where are we?" I asked holding my head.

"Away from everything, civilization, somewhere it will take you days to escape."

Both boys remained silent, but my patience was lacking and this car is a little cramped. I tried to open the door, but knowing Dante, child lock was on. Guess I'll have to do this the hard way. I know if child lock is on, the window lock is on too, which leads to only one option. I would have to do it fast so Rave can't order me to stay.

Boom!

My elbow pushed through the glass window as easy as a butter knife goes through butter that's been sitting out. After that I quickly grabbed the outside handle, opened the door, and jumped out. I landed on a tree root, but got up and continued to run. I looked back to see if they were following when I ran into something causing me to fall back and hit the ground. I looked up to see a guy in a brown leather jacket and jeans standing in front of me. He has dirty blond hair that is spiked up. He looks like quite the bad boy, but who am I to judge.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked his british accent showed through his failed attempted at an american one.

"Yeah sorry." I said moving past him.

"Wait, what are you doing out here, there's no life for about 50 miles."

"I didn't end up here by choice." I explained.

"So how'd you end up here?"

"Long story, but can you tell me what direction is the nearest town?"

He pointed to the way I had came from and I sighed. Great the way I needed to go was the exact direction I was running from. Just my luck.

"Hey what's your name?"

I hesitated for a moment pondering if I should use my nickname or real name.

"Um...Marie."

"Marie? You are here already? Dante said you wouldn't be in till late tonight."

"Did you just say Dante?" I paused. "Sorry I gotta go."

I turned, but he grabbed my arm. I looked back and gave him a dirty look to warn him who he was messing with, but he just continued to hold me. That's fine I've been dieing to let out my anger. I grabbed his arm with my hand and swung him around, into a tree trunk.

"Ouch!" He said angrily as he stood back up.

He started running at me, but I've been in enough fights to move away last second sending him running into another tree.

"You're not very good at this, are you?" I asked teasingly.

"Marie?" I turned to see who was speaking and couldn't believe my eyes.

"Nicholas?" I asked.

Surely enough Nicholas was standing behind me. I was relieved, but disappointed to see that Seth wasn't with him. I ran over to him and gave him a hug. When I broke the hug, I looked over to see the stranger struggling to stand.

"Will you excuse me?" i said turning back to the stranger. "Who are you?" I asked.

"The name's Hunter."

He got up and punched me in the gut. I coughed do to the fact I just got the wind knocked out of me. I heard Nicholas step close, but I told him to back off, this was something I had to do on my own. I caught up and punched him in the face. The impact caused his whole body to twist and fall to the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 32.9K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...
1.2M 27.1K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
117K 3.8K 41
Rosabelle Hlulani, South African born girl, has the worst fortune in the history of worst fortunes. Demitri Ivanov, Russian born man, had a deep dar...
445K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...