Mr Rude & Me (Undergoing Edit...

By vintage-wifi

What happens when Ms Innocent, Chelsea-Anne Richards is kicked out of her dorm room and has no place to stay... More

(1): Getting A Place
(2): Notorious Bad Boy
(3): The Rules
(4): A Jerk
(5): Nathan's Surprise
(6): Illegal Drag Racers
(7): Zorro
(9): Defeated
(10): Calling A Truce
(11): Sick Girl
(12): In Your Feels
(13): Kitten
(14): Happy Birthday
(15): Growing On Me
(16): Daddy Issues
(17): Strong Leverage
(18): Dangerous Man
*(19): Authors Note
(20): Bitter-Sweet
(21): A Roommate Thing
(22): Bomb Dropped
(23): Flirting?
(24): Home [Kind Of]
(25): First Kiss
(26): Lagoon Red
(27): Official Friendship
(28): Riley
(29): Ice Cream Talks
(30): Reminder
(31): I Love You Guys
(32): High Views
(33): The Story Of RJ
(34): Kyle Everything
(35): Gill Resort
(36): Bad News
(37): Damage Control
(38): Truth or Truth
(39): Discoveries
(40): Enjoyable and Peaceful
(41): Almost... Again!
(42): Work
(43): Princess Willow
(44): Verdict
(45): Family Background
(46): New Year, Old Foes
(47): Confession Session
(48): Mine
(49): No Kissing
(50): Frustrated
(51): Whipped
(52): Okay Romeo
(53): Obsessed
(54): Motivation
(55): Cold Water
(56): Broken
(58): She's Up
(59): Parents Of The Year
(60): Hospital Room
(61): The Chambers
(62): Nirvana
(63): Kim To His Kanye
(64): Let's Talk
(65): Lunch
(66): Unsure
(67): My Idiot
(68): Take You For A Spin
(69): Game Changer
(70): Surprise Party
(71): Best Fucking Night Ever
(72): Favorite Girls
(73): Gym & Food
(74): Date Night
(75): I Love You
(76): Please Come
(77): Missing Girl
(78): Escape Plan
(79): Going Down
(80): Tears
(81): Uncle Ky
(82): Like A Movie
(83): Happy
(84): A Hundred Years
Epilogue

(8): Kristy's Cafe

149K 2.9K 998
By vintage-wifi

I swear to God I will kill Kyle Chambers! Last night I barely got any sleep because him and his latest conquest were too busy enjoying each other's company to care about the amount of noise they were making. All I could here was disgusting moaning and groaning.

I'm scarred for life.

I'm already grumpy so the fact that his new girl is now occupying the whole kitchen, making what I think is breakfast, is not what I want to see. But it kind of smells good.

"Oh morning" She greets chirpily, flipping a pancake "Kyle told me he had a roommate. Want some pancakes?"

Maybe she's not that bad. At least she didn't call me ugly like the previous girl. And she's fully dressed and not just in a flimsy shirt.

I nod. I haven't had a proper breakfast in a long time so maybe this is exactly what I need "Yes please."

"I'm Angeline" She greets with a wide smile. She has beautiful teeth "You're Chelsea-Anne, right?"

"Just Chelsea is fine" I inform her. "So... why are you making us breakfast?"

"Kyle and I have an... understanding"

I raise a brow "Understanding?"

"He doesn't hit me up unless he's really not feeling well and most of the time my cooking makes him feel better, so yeah"

Interesting.

"Oh, that's nice" I can't think of anything else to say. And why wouldn't he be feeling well? Is it because of Zorro? "Did he happen to mention what was bothering him?"

She shrug "No. He doesn't speak much"

Typical.

We sit in a comfortable silence and after a while she starts dishing up. It's like some sort of buffet because there are plates with pancakes, eggs, bacon, cheese grillers and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if I was drooling.

"You can dish up" She announces and I don't waste anytime in doing just that. She chuckles as she watches me and I just smile at her half embarrassed.

A few minutes later Kyle joins us looking fresh as ever. He doesn't even greet, he just dishes up and sits down.

I open my mouth to say something but he quickly interrupts me before I can "Rule number 4. Mind your own business" He reminds harshly.

I gape "I wasn't going to ask about Angeline"

"I don't care" He grates after swallowing "Normal people eat their food in silence so there's no need to ask about anything"

I pout frowning. He's so mean.

"Ignore him. He's always grumpy in the morning" Angeline whispers so only I can hear. I can't help but snort.

He's always grumpy.

Kyle narrows his eyes at me but doesn't say anything.

I finish before them then I get up and grab my bag. "Bye. See y'all"

"Bye Chelsea" Angeline smiles waving.

"I meant what I said yesterday" Kyle says suddenly just when I grab the door knob. I furrow my eyebrows "About Zach. Tell me if he contacts you and keep an eye out"

I gulp nodding, the fear back in my veins "I promise"

"Bye, Chelsea-Anne"

**

"So you're telling me there's a psychopath after you just because he thinks Kyle cares about you and is trying to hurt him?" Kat asks in one quick breath, looking very shocked.

I nod "Yeah. Basically"

Except, Kyle doesn't care about me and probably wouldn't even give half a fuck if something happened to me.

"So, what are you gonna do?

I shrug chewing on my pen "Winnie and Kyle told me to keep an eye out and report if anything happens"

"Miss Richards, Miss Gray. Eyes to the front please" Our lecturer, Mr Price warns giving us stern looks.

We do just that with Kathrine shooting him the same look back. Before Nathan and some other guys, she used to have a thing with him.

Yeah, she's wild like that.

It didn't really last though because he wanted to have sex and she wasn't ready so he dumped her, but that was clearly a long time ago because now she's very much active. And they were anyways going to get in trouble for their little forbidden relationship.

He's the youngest lecturer we have, only 28, making him 9 years older than Kat and I. He's not here full time though, only when the senior Mr Price isn't. Which was quite frequent last semester.

He teaches writing. Although Kat takes Journalism and I take Literature, we both need it as a class. It's always nice in here. Mr Price is really good at what he does; he gets my creative juices flowing.

"Dick" Kat whispers in my ear and I snort.

"Are you still not over the fact that he dumped you" I tease whispering.

She shakes her head "Off course not. I had real feelings for him and all he wanted was to pop my cherry."

I don't blame her, the guy's kind of hot.

"At least you didn't let him" I try to reassure "But you still lost it to a douche. How could you let Mick of all people take your virginity?"

Mick is her ex boyfriend, also a big jerk.

"He was very convincing"

I shake my head chuckling. The best friend I was blessed with... "Does Nathan know?"

"About?"

"Mr Price"

"No. He would flip" She replies, eyes to the front so it can look like we're paying attention "You can't tell him"

"Do I look like I wanna have that conversation with him?" I retort. "Or any conversation"

"I don't know why you guys don't like each other" I see her pout when I glance "You're both my favorite people and I wish you guys got along"

"He's the one who always says someone pissed in my cereal" I defend crossing my arms "Tell him to be nicer"

She sighs "I'll talk to him"

"Okay, class is over" Mr Price announces ending the slide show. Everyone gets up taking their bags with "Miss Gray, could I have a word with you"

Kat and I share a confused look "I'll be fine" She tells me and I squeeze her hand before taking my bag and walking out.

I wonder what he wants.

***

"Nicholas, I don't think it's a good idea to be sleeping with every girl" I scold talking a sip of my very delicious latte.

Nick asked to meet at Kristy's after all my classes because he wanted to speak to me.

"Well what do you want me to do? Ask for a threesome with her and Dee?" He asks sarcastically, looking flustered. He really likes her.

"How do you expect her to even consider you as a serious boyfriend when she sees you with different girls all the time?" I ask "Maybe she doesn't even believe you like her"

He groans "This sucks. I hate having feelings"

I pat his shoulder "Join the club, brother. Noah and I are drifting apart, slowly but surely and I don't know what to do with myself"

"Why? What happened?" He asks alarmed.

"We just haven't been vibing since the semester started" I explain playing with the moist vanilla cupcake in my hand "He's been busy, I've ben getting agitated. It feels horrible really"

"Sorry to hear that" He says softly. "He seemed like a really cool guy. Although, I didn't miss the daggers he kept shooting me"

I chuckle awkwardly "He can be super possessive at times. Don't mind him"

"See? He loves you" He reassures "You guys will get through this"

"Hey suckers" Dee greets as her and her girlfriend walk in hand in hand and join us at our booth.

How awkward.

"Hey guys" I greet smiling.

"So you guys decided not to invite the rest of us?" Winnie teases accusingly.

Yeah cause we were discussing you.

"Next time" Nick teases back "So what were you guys doing here?"

"We were just going to buy muffins to go but then we see y'all" Dee replies and on cue, their muffins arrive.

"I didn't get the memo that everyone was here" Kat is the next to arrive and I breathe a relieved sigh that there's at least someone I know.

I felt a bit awkward because I've only known these other people for a week, so I guess I feel
better about seeing a very familiar face who happens to be my best friend.

"Feel very free to join us" Winnie chirps. I scoot over so she can sit next to me at the edge "What's your story? What were you doing here?"

"I needed a good cup of black coffee after what I just went through" She explains.

Mr Price?

"And what is that?" Nick asks curiously and we all nod to show we also want to know.

"Just an ex having some sort of a one-on-one conversation with me about our past and apologizing" She says expressionlessly "Boring really"

"He did?" I blurt.

I didn't mean to say it out loud because what if they all ask who we're talking about. That's going to be a very awkward conversation.

She doesn't seem to mind as she nods "Yep. And like I said: it was boring"

"Wait till Nathan hears about this" Dee smirks but she's just joking. Well kind of. "You know he really likes you and he'll flip if he hears you've been speaking to an ex"

So Dee, Winnie, Nathan, Nick and Kyle are as close as I expected. How else would she know how he would react? Which happens to be quite accurate. How long have they known each other?

"What happened?"

Oh shit. That is definitely Nathan's voice. Our side of the booth is directly opposite the entrance and in front of me I can see a flustered looking Nathan and a confused Kyle next to him. Dee, Winnie and Nick turn around, because theirs is facing away from the entrance, to see the two boys.

"Babe. Hi" Kat greets pretending everything is okay.

"What ex were you speaking to?" He demands impatiently. He scoots her over so he's sitting next to her and Kyle takes a seat next to Winnie on the opposite couch.

She smiles tightly "No one. We'll speak about this later"

"Why's everyone here?" Kyle asks, still with that confused expression. He looks cute like that.

"Coincidence" I shrug.

He shakes his head, rolling his eyes "I would've been very happy if anyone else but you replied"

"Well clearly no one else but me wanted to so you're welcome" I retort narrowing my eyes at him.

"I see nothings changed here" Nick chuckles watching our encounter.

"They looked better yesterday" Winnie says thoughtfully.

"Incase you guys haven't noticed" I start off shooting a look at Kyle "Your friend here is very bipolar"

"I've noticed" Nathan snorts and we all laugh.

"Fuck you, man" Kyle mutters. "What am I even doing here? I don't like any of you annoying people"

"Well we, Kylie..." Winnie smirks "Love you very berry much"

"Not me" I joke and everyone laughs again, except Kylie.

"You know, this is how good friendships or relationships start" Kat chirps and we all raise our brows "By hate and bickering"

"True" Dee agrees and I'm guessing she can relate "Ask the others... Winnie and I hated each other at first"

"It was so funny to be honest" Nathan replies chuckling before looking at Kyle "Man, so did we. Remember?"

"I still hate you" He deadpans and the others laugh.

"What I'm saying is that the two of you are going to have a really good thing going on very soon" Kat redirects the conversation to her first point.

"Forget about me ever being friends with her" Kyle responds sipping on his bubblegum milkshake. Which is the least delicious one. I'm not surprised he likes it.

"What if she was talking about the relationship part?" Nick smirks mischievously.

I make a disgusted face "I'd rather die"

"Whatever. You're not even my type"

Ouch.

"Guess what? You weren't my type first" I defend childishly.

Winnie shakes her head laughing "To think you two live together full time. Is it always like this?"

"If by 'is it always like this', you mean does she always annoy the living shit out of me, then yes it's always like this" Kyle replies, a ghost of a smirk playing on his lips.

What the fuck is he smirking about?

"Man, at least she talks to you" Nathan says and I snap my head at him to see where he is going with this "She never talks to me"

Are you kidding me?

"Haven't you know her longer than us?" Winnie asks and he nods "She talk to us. So that means you're the problem"

"Guys, I'm right here" I say sarcastically, waving.

"Kathrine" Nick calls getting her attention and completely ignoring me "How do you feel about this broken relationship between your boyfriend and your best friend?"

"Seriously, Dr Phil?" I deadpan.

Is this the best time and place to be having this conversation?

She bites her lip, which signals that she nervous or she's deep in thought "I mean, I won't lie and say it doesn't bother me. Me and her boyfriend are very good so I guess I'd like
the same"

"Okay, I know everyone keeps referring to Nathan as your boyfriend, but since when is he actually your boyfriend?" I ask genuinely interested "Last time I checked, you two weren't official"

"Clearly that was a long time ago, then, Chelsea" Nathan replies harshly, shooting daggers at me for even saying that.

See? This is why I don't talk to him.

"Okay, okay" Kat interrupts impatiently, waving her hands all over the place "You two are not doing this right now."

I hear Dee mutter an amused "Where have they been all my life?"

Nick sighs loudly, getting my attention "Well. I tried. Kathrine, you're all alone"

"Whatever" I murmur.

"Hey, Chels" Winnie calls getting my attention after an awkward silence filled the booth "You have a boyfriend, right? How come I've never seen him with you?"

Oh no.

"Yes, Chelsea-Anne, how come?" Kyle adds provocatively, adding salt to the wound. I want to stab him in the eye with a fork.

"He's busy" Is my response.

I seriously don't want to talk about this.

"I saw him last night at 'Cuba'" Nathan says and I'm pretty sure my nose flares with anger.

Both at Nathan for saying that, to probably rile me up and embarrass me at the same time, and at the thought of Noah going clubbing without telling me.

"Seriously, Nathan?" Kat snaps at her 'boyfriend' annoyed. She knows him well enough to know that he did that on purpose "I swear to God. I swear"

Everyone else at the table is watching the drama unfold, saying nothing. Kyle is the only
one who doesn't seem interested because he's busy on his phone.

"I'm leaving" I say pushing both Kat and Nathan out of my way and grabbing my bag in the process.

I've been told I wear my heart on my sleeve, so if I'm hurt I won't, can't, hide it. You will see it all over me.

"Chels, wait up" Kat tries to grab my hand but I move away before she can. I don't even glance at her.

I smile tightly at the rest of them "Bye guys. I had a good time"

At first at least.

"Bye Chelsea" Winnie, Dee and Nick softly murmur sympathetically.

I make my way out of the suddenly clustered cafe and on campus. Kyle's apartment is only 20 minutes away, and most of the time I walk there anyways.

I slowly start my trip, trying to get everything out of my head.

***

I hope you guys aren't getting confused with Nicholas's name. So of his friends call him by his full name and some alternate between 'Nick' and 'Nico'. I hope it's not too confusing. 😬❤️

Byeee 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5K 56
Natalie fell in love with the bad boy in school his name is Kyle but he never noticed her but kyle not just a bad boy his a gang leader and his feare...
352 34 16
Alexis 'Lexi' Morgan is not your usual teenager. She was on top of the food chain. Was being the keyword, because it all crashed down just because Za...
10.9K 785 60
Callum's family is in desperate need of money so they send him to whatever college wanted the least amount of money from them. So after applying for...
4.6K 306 19
"You are a jerk!" I yelled. "You are impossible!" he yelled back. "You are so stupid," I told him angrily. "You are so insane," he yelled back. "You...