Secrets of Joanna Wheeler

By chu1luc

Joanna or 'Joey' Wheeler isn't like most girls. She gets into fights, but to protect the weak, she plays with... More

Joanna Wheeler
It's Game Time
The Trap from Hell!
Kaiba Seto
The Watch Hunter!
The Millennium Puzzle and The Pendent
Shadi's Game
Digital Pet Riot
The Teacher's Ugly Face
CapMon Unleashed!
The Lucky Champion
The Fang of the Prophet
Explosions on the First Real Date
Woman Trouble part 1, Can't Transform?!
Woman Trouble part 2, The Kind Nurse
Woman Trouble part 3, Popularity Contest
The Secret of the Pendant
Trouble brewing

They Arrive! The Game Masters!

1.2K 23 4
By chu1luc

While at school Yugi is playing Duel Monsters against Miho. "Yugi wins!" Jounouchi states leaning forward to see the board properly.

"No..." Miho exclaims disappointed.

"I don't believe it," Honda says in disbelief.

"I did it! I won!" Yugi cheers proudly.

"No way! I lost?" Miho states confused.

"Way to go, Yugi." Anzu praises.

"You did well, Yugi," I state with a soft smile.

"You sure are cold when it comes to games," Jounouchi states.

Yugi looks up at him confused. "But this is the first time I've won this game..."

Miho gets upset. "Miho...also was playing this card game for the first time."

"Miho-chan..." Yugi trails off sadly as he looks down at the table.

Honda bangs his hands on the desk causing Yugi to fall off his chair to the ground. "Why you, Yugi! You made Miho-chan cry! You're not a man! I, beautification member Honda Hiroto-sama, will clean up your dirtied spirit!"

"Sorry..." Yugi apologizes uncertain.

"Honda!" Joanna glared at him causing him to take a step back in alarm.

Tea kneels next to Yugi causing his to smile. "Wait, Honda-kun! It's not Yugi's fault. This is a game after all."

'Wow, never thought it would be such a big deal if a girl cries loosing.' Gem Knight Lapis said.

'Well, it is Tristan and Miho.' Lazuli sighed.

"Yeah, so cool your head, janitor member." Joanna said.

"Beautification member!" Honda shouts back annoyed.

"At any rate, it's not Yugi's fault. There's no reason for him to apologize." Tea states giving no room for argument.

Miho gets out her chair and rests against Honda's chest. "Honda-kun!"

"Miho-chan..."Honda stammers as he blushes. He snaps out, though he is still blushing, and look at Yugi. "It is Yugi's fault!"

"Sorry..." Yugi trails off sadly.

"I said don't apologize." Tea scolds Yugi tapping the back of his head.

"But..."

Before Yugi could say anything else the speaker in the classroom goes off. "First-year class B Mutou Yugi-kun...First-year class B Mutou Yugi-kun, please come to the infirmary right now."

"Me?" Yugi questions confused. He does get up after putting away his cards and head towards the infirmary with Joanna following him. She had a bad feeling about what is going to happen in that infirmary, so she decided to tag along. "Excuse me," Yugi calls out before sliding the door open. "Ummm..."

"Mutou Yugi-kun, right?" The blue haired lady questions. "Oh, you must be Joanna Wheeler." She said spotting the tomboy.

"Yes." The two agree hesitantly.

"Please enter."

They enter the room and Yugi closes the door behind him. The tomboy for some reason, didn't trust this woman at all and she's only just seen her.

Yugi makes his way over to her and Joanna follows behind him. "Umm...what do you want with me?" Yugi asks confused.

The blue hair women turn her seat around to look at Yugi. Though she does look surprised to see me standing behind him glaring at her. "You're strong aren't you, Yugi-kun."

Yugi backs away in surprise. "Ummm...strong...ummm..."

She lets out a small laugh before holding up a set of Duel Monster cards. "I'm talking about card games."

"Game," Yugi repeats still surprised.

"You mean Duel Monsters? I didn't know you were a fan." Joanna said.

"Of course, it's not just popular with youngsters. I heard the rumours, Yugi-kun."

Yugi places his fingers together hesitantly. "No...I'm not that good. I mean I haven't been able to win against Joanna-chan."

The woman seems a little surprised before turning to Joanna as she just lets out a laugh before placing her hand on her cards. "Well, I would at least like to see your skills Joanna, okay?"

Joanna looks at her surprised before he hesitantly agrees. They move to the chairs the other side of the room and she sets up the field on the table in between the chairs. "First, let's begin with your turn."

"2000 life points. And you have 5 cards in hand." Yugi explains the rules as a ref.

"I know that." She states and she picks up five cards. "Okay, let's get started."

Joanna picks up her own 5 cards. "Then I'll let you go first."

 She takes her sixth card. "I picked a good card. I attack with Chimera on the Forest field."

"Mystical beast Chimera...attack power 800. But on the Forest field...Chimera is a beast card...um..." Yugi wondered how Joanna can counter it.

"Looks like this is already over. I'll put Gem Knight Garnet on the Forest Field. Its attack power is 1900. Guess I win this one..." Joanna states.

"Too bad...you didn't think that one through." They look at her confused. "In Greek myth...mystical beast Chimera...with a lion's face, goat's body and a snake's tail...However...a Chimera wasn't frightful because of only its appearance. Its flame could burn down everything. It could burn away trees and grass. Changing forests into wastelands. Chimera's attack level is 50 percent up in the Wasteland. If I recall, Garnet wouldn't do well so he looses power."

"Maybe, if it weren't for Garnet's nature as well. You were the one who was careless." Joanna said confusing Yugi and the nurse.

Joanna decided to explain. "While Garnet may be an Earth monster, it's also a pyro-type knight that can control fire. In other words, your pet Chimera didn't cripple Garnet, it's flames only gave him more power by 50%." She said as Garnet was shown with a power up with the flames around his fists. 

Gem Knight Garnet= Att: 1900 - 2850

"And while I'm at it, I'll send Gem Merchant to the graveyard to activate his ability. During either of our turns when a Normal Earth monster I control attacks or is attacked, I can send Merchant from my hand to the graveyard, and that monster gains 1000 attack and defense points. And for the finisher, I'll equip Garnet with Gravity Axe - Grarl, which gives him 500 more attack points!" This surprised the nurse and Yugi as Chimera was destroyed by Garnet's overwhelming power, completely wiping out the nurse's life points.

Gem Knight Garnet= Att: 2850 - 4350

"Wow! A one-turn-kill!" Yugi exclaimed.

"Interesting. You are skilled Joanna, using Chimera's power to overwhelm it." The nurse praised.

"Well, I knew what it can do, so I thought of using it's power against it." Joanna explained.

Then Yugi looked over at the clock. "Ahh! Class has started. Okay, I have to go." Yugi states as he stands up.

"Wait." The nurse stops the two. "As a reward for your victory...take this card. I believe it'll be helpful."

"The Grand Inheritance?" The two students said looking at the card.

"You'll be late to class, Yugi-kun, Joanna-chan."

"Ok, thanks!" Joanna said putting the card away in her deck as the two students left.

When they both left, another person appeared behind a curtain.

"Why did you give that elusive card, Sheldon? It's worth more than she'll ever make in her life." It was Kaiba.

The woman vanished to reveal a middle aged gentleman holding a doll.

"It's valuable true, but I don't just give cards to anyone."

~~~After School~~~

Tea walks out of the school gates with Yugi and Joanna. Yugi looks at Tea rubbing his head sheepishly as they stood outside the gates. "So, I have something to do..."

"Wait, Yugi. You're not going to the game centre again, are you?"

"Eh. No." Yugi denies straight away.

"Yug, you put a lot of money into games. You're abusing your Jii-chan."

"It's not the game centre! Bye!" Yugi shouts back to her as he runs off. Joanna quickly ran after him not wanting to put up with Tea's questioning, especially with her 'mystery man'. Yugi lets out a sigh as Tea doesn't follow them. "That was close...But I have to try the new fighting game coming in today."

Joanna let out a soft chuckle. "You sure are fond of games, aren't you Yugi?" Joanna teased with a fond smile.

"Yeah!" Yugi agrees with a large smile on his face.

~~~At Game Centre~~~

"Huh? Where can it be?" Yugi ponders looking around. "I wonder if it's not here yet."

A shop employee comes over to the duo. "Sir, Madam, are you looking for something?"

"The new game."

"Oh, right. It's this way. You're first, sir. This way." The employee moves to the left.

"Really?! I'm first?" Yugi exclaims surprised.

"This way." The employee states instead of answering Yugi's question.

"Lucky!" Yugi softly cheers as we follow behind the employee.

He took them to a closed door at the end of the hallway. He opens the door to show us the back of the building with a car parked in front of us. The two look around confused. "This is the back door."

"Just come already!" The employee shouts as he pushes Yugi and Joanna into the car. He was holding Yugi down until Joanna pushed him off him and pull Yugi close to her side.

"What are you doing?!" Yugi demands.

There is a female laugh and they both look up to see the nurse sitting in the front seat. "Yugi-kun, let's have our game." The one turns to look at us and it's his mouth that is moving. The voice was coming from a middle aged man. "You want your Neon Knight card back right?"

"That voice..." Yugi looks surprised.

"It's one of the Game Masters, Baron Didory Sheldan." The employee laughs before pulling off his mask to show Kaiba.

"Kaiba-kun!" Yugi exclaims surprised.

"Kaiba, I should have known," Joanna stated with a sigh of disbelief, and anger in her eyes.

"I will bring you to your knees in the Mansion of Dolls!"

"Mansion of Dolls?" Yugi questions.

Baron is still holding up Yugi's Neon Knight card. "Will you show me a Yami No Game?" He laughs.

'What?! He knows about the shadow games?' Joanna thought

----------------------------------

The next thing Yugi and Joanna knew they found themselves at a mansion, in a room filled with dolls. It creeped Joanna out. She insisted to beat Sheldon, but he was adamant to face against Yugi. It looked like he would be beat, but she knew Kaiba really wanted to defeat Yami.

Like she predicted, Yami showed up in time to beat Sheldon by having his Death wolf's howl become a siren to defeat his 'doll' duel monsters. 

"You alright Yami?" Joanna asked him. 

"Yes, though, this won't be the last we hear of Kaiba. Right?"

"Unfortunately. And Sheldon is just the first of the Game Masters. The three others will soon be on their way." Joanna said as they walked back home. 

"Joanna-chan? Weren't we at a mansion?" Yugi just said as Yami let him take control again. 

"We were but, it's over. But Kaiba may try something again." She told him. 

---------------------------------------

The next day...

"All right! I play Neon Knight in attack mode and place him in the Mountain Area." Yugi said playing against Joanna who had Gem Knights Lapis and Lazuli. She also had only 500 life points left.

"Wow, it looks like Yugi may finally beat you Joanna." Tristan bragged.

"Not if I play the card I've been saving the whole time. The Grand Inheritance. I can only play this when I have less than a thousand life points. This gives me 3000 extra life points, along with a big bonus. I can draw till I have three cards, special summon 3 level 8 or below monsters, and set three spell or trap cards straight from my deck."

"Wow! That's some card." Tea said.

"Oh dear, I end my turn." Yugi said as he didn't have any cards in hand.

"Well the monsters I summon are Gem Knights Tourmaline, Crystal, and Alexandrite in Attack mode, with their field in the Mountians. Next I play Duo Polymerzation to Fuse Tourmaline and Alexandrite into Gem Knight Topaz and Lapis and Lazuli into Gem Knight Lady Lapis Lazuli. And for the finish, I play my second spell card, Particle Fusion to fuse Topaz, Lapis Lazuli, and Crystal into one of my best monsters; Gem Knight Master Diamond!" As she showed her best Gem Fusion.

"Now to explain his power. For every Gem monster in my grave, he gains 100 attack points, so with the four other monsters you took out along with my fusions, he gains 1100 extra attack points, and since he was fused with Particle Fusion, I can discard a Gem-Knight from my graveyard that was used to summon him and he gets it's attack points, and I choose Crystal!" Joanna exclaimed as Master Diamond got a power boost.

Master Diamond- Att:2900-6350

"And with an attack from him, Neon Knight is out and the last of your life points are wiped out Yugi." Joanna said proudly.

"Wow Joanna! You make this look so easy! How do you do it? Miho can't be able to with her cards." Miho asked.

"Well, why don't we start with your cards? What kind of cards do you have?" Joanna asked as Miho got her cards to show. Looking through them, Joanna realized the problem.

"Hey Miho, remember the other day when you lost to Yugi?"

"I remember, and I still say it's Yugi's-!" Tristan said until Joanna shut his mouth.

"No one asked you, and Miho's actually partially at fault for her loss."

"Huh?"

"Miho's deck has nothing but monster cards." Joanna said as she showed Yugi.

"Yeah! Miho put every pretty monster she liked in it!" Miho said as Tristan agreed with her.

"Miho, Tristan, that's not how it works!" Yugi said surprising them.

"Yeah, you saw how Yugi and Joanna played and what cards they were using, that's how it's supposed to work." Tea put her two cents in.

"You need to have a balance of spells and traps to increase the right monster's power or to trip up your opponents." Yugi said.

"Without spells and trap cards, your monsters will get beaten over and over. Period." Joanna finished.

"Oh, is that right? Silly me!" Miho laughed, slightly feeling better knowing why she lost.

Well, Miho still had a lot to learn about the game.

-------------------------------

The Great Inheritance is a fanmade card I made that was inspired by a another fanmade card.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 639 16
Samia inherited her mother's intuition and empathy, and along with that comes the ability to sense magic and spirits. Her best friend Bakura has prom...
9.1K 125 14
It was time for King Atem's soul to rest after being defeated by Yugi. Unfortunately there was one last puzzle that was missing. The Gods had one las...
36.3K 508 14
Enter the world of Y/n L/n a 16-year-old childish teenager who hangs out with friends Yuya and Yuzu and does weird things that will either surprise e...
2.3K 55 6
Joey Wheeler and Seto Kaiba have been dating for a year. Kaiba only started dating him because he thought it would make him more popular. But Kaiba h...