No Place like Spamily (Editin...

By sebirdowney

Bella Mann is a teenage girl. Bella Mann, a quiet teenage girl who doesn't like socializing. Bella Mann, a lo... More

Cast & Trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33

Chapter 32

75 3 72
By sebirdowney

The sound that was music to everyone's ear ringed throughout the campus, letting the students know it was the end of their hard work for the day. The hall was filled with hurrying students, making the walls echo their conversations like a concert hall.

"She basically gave us the same assignment all over again," Caden was ranting. "I mean who keeps reminding you got what answers wrong like that?"

 "At least Poppins didn't announce a new one."Axel gave Caden a bored sideways glance and walked up to his locker. He undid the lock and pulled back the cheap titanium door. Caden crossed his arms.

"You know...I saw Kash in my third..no, fifth period and he looked like he's been in someone's funeral or something all day. I hope he's okay."

Finishing with what he was doing, Axel shut and locked his locker and flinging his backpack over his shoulders. "I'm sure he's alright," he said full of doubt. No, Kash wasn't alright. Why the heck not?

"He hasn't told us anything. Maybe he doesn't want to. Or can't."

Axel groaned and continued out the school to meet the fam at Kash's car. "Can't doesn't stop him. Something else is going on."

"Maybe we should beat it outta him," Caden suggested. "Works in the movies. Unless of course he's a spy and kept a vow to condone silence." Axel scoffed and looked at his brother. Caden was a piece of work. His imagination was beneath him. They met up with the rest and walked the parking lot to Kash's car. Caden came up with this suggestion and got booed.

"You're kidding, right?" Grace was the first one to reject, her disappointment highly prominent in her brown eyes. 

"No, I'm not caden. Ha! Get it?"

"Wha..."

"He's kidding," Axel said.

"Haha. That was a good one, though bro." Mira high fived Caden. Grace rolled her eyes. Jessica was the quiet one, kicking the loose gravel and watching it crumble away. "But in your metaphor, Kash is the spy. He won't crack."

"The poor guy," said Erwin who caught up with them. Mira clenched her fists. "letting that stuff eat him like that. He's gonna end up being eaten alive." He shook his head in mock sadness. "Think we can get his car?", he asked Mira eagerly, resulting in her face to crinkle in amusement. Why did Erwin have to be so...

"So, where is Kash?" Jessica asked. Deewa who was already waiting by the car with Tita, answered, jabbing her thumb over her shoulder.

"Inside."

"Did he say anything?"

This time Titania answered, leaning against the tail light. "Other than nothing, nothing."

Crickets.

"Is it just me," she said, "or am I hearing crickets?"

Saying nothing, Jessica bid her goodbyes to everyone as she made her way to her ride; the Spam gang soundlessly getting into the vehicle, Axel peeking in the window before getting in making sure it was okay. Kash pretended not to notice. It was no big deal actually. The event in the morning. Kash was out of line to snap at him like that but he was too emotionally clouded to let Axel know. Once the doors shut, Kash started the car.

Departing from the Spam gang and Mira, Erwin skipped to Matthew's metallic black Ford Shelby GT350. He felt light on his feet as if he could float away right now. The air felt just right, carrying the scent Mira wore everywhere he went, and  heㅡl o v e dㅡit! He skidded to a stop in front of the car and hopped in it. Matthew was about to get in when he saw Grace.

"Call me later, Grace!" Matthew called to her who was already inside Kash's car as he pulled back from the park lot. Grace had no idea what he said since she wasn't near the window seat where she could hear him. Deewa, who was, rolled down the window and leaned out.

"What'd you say? Kash, hold on! What, Matt?"

"Tell Grace to call me later!"

"Kash, stop! Axel, tell him!"

"Kash, come on."

Kash bit the inside of his lip, huffed and clicked the car in reverse and backed up, stopping horizontally at Matt's car. Kash gave Axel a happy look. Axel gratefully patted his shoulder.

"Alright Grace, you have two minutes to talk to your boyfriend".

From the third row, Grace glowered at Kash. "He's not my boyfriend'', she hissed while trying to adjust herself to look out of the window. 

"Yet," Mira subtly whispered to Kash who gave a smirk in amusement.

"What?", Grace asked him with a deadpanned expression.

Matthew was already at the window. "Call me later, alright?"

OF COURSE I'LL CALL YOU LATER. "Yeah, whatever."

Narrowing his eyes, he said nothing for a few seconds . Mentally kicking himself for any upcoming damage to their friendship, he said, "I love you." just to see what kind of reaction he'll get out of her this time. Grace blinked her eyes as if she missed a whole scene in front of her. Matthew was pleasantly surprised when he saw her face slowly erupt in a violent blush. He absolutely enjoyed her reaction and smiled at the look on her face.

"You better respond, Grace~." Kash was in a teasing mood and saw the whole scene from the rearview mirror. He almost wished he had popcorn. A Grace and Matthew scene was like a scene from Castle, with Grace being Kate and Matthew obviously being Castle. 

I love you too, idiot. "Of course you do! Just look at me!" Grace retorted with a confident face before dropping the act and softly smiling at him before waving at him . "Bye, Matt." Kash tapped the accelerator.

"Wait a second!" Matthew not taking that as confirmation. "Are you gonna call me later or not?"

Grace stared at him with a displeased expression.  Matt should've known her answer that she was definitely going to call him. Did she have to be straightforward with him? Just as she was about to give him  a reply laced with a sarcastic retort again. Mira was hovered behind her, with her hand slapping over Grace's lips. Matthew smirked, grateful for Mira. Knowing Grace stubbornness, Matthew would've never gotten a direct response from her.

"Of course she will!" Mira smiled at him. "At 10 sharp?" Grace protested behind her hand obviously disapproving with this whole  set up. She knew her little sister's tendencies to put those two in flustering positions but if anyone was to set something up with Matthew, it should be her!

"Oh, my God," Deewa groaned. "Can we go?" Kash shushed her. "I'm hungry."

"Shhhhhhh!!!"

Matthew was fixated on Grace but rose a brow to Mira. "10 sounds good."

"Sharp," Mira echoed firmly.

Matthew slowly dropped his square jaw, "Duhhhh."

"Alright, bye, Matt." Kash stepped on the accelerator which knocked Mira and Grace against the windowsill.

"Ow!"

"Damn you, Kash! I'm gonna kill you!"

Matthew went back to his car and got in beside Erwin who was singing Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory".

"🎵It's time to feel the rush...to the dan-ger-rrrouuss🎵🎵 Yeah! 🎵I'm gonna run right to, to the edge with you🎵 Mira," He grinded the lyrics into aggressive words. 🎵Where we both fall far in Lo-o-o-o-ooove🎵🎵 Mira, 🎵I'm on the edge🎵 🎵 of glory🎵 and I'm hanging on the moment of truth🎵 Babe! 🎵Out on the edge🎵 🎵 of glory, and," he shrieked in a squeal, his voice surprisingly not breaking; Matthew blankly gaping at him.  "🎵I'm hanging on moment with you🎵" He snapped his fingers, really enjoying himself in the moment. 🎵I'm on the edge, the edge🎵," his voice raising with meaning. "🎵the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, 🎵THE EHH-EDGE🎵🎵Outㅡ"

Matthew made sure his door slammed loudly. Erwin froze. O-oh. Gulping, Erwin peered at him. "Heeeey there," he said with a nervous smile breaking out on his face. "Where you uhh...how long have you...how much did you hear?"

"I should tell Stephanie you stole her song," Matthew remarked sarcastically. Not catching the sarcasm, Erwin darted his eyes and turned his head to look out the windshield. He leaned forward, not wanting to discuss the matter with Matthew. As it is, he was embarrassed. He knew he was in love with Mira, and Grace already seemed to enjoy teasing him about his growing interest on her beloved little sister.  

"Nice weather today, isn't it?" He peeked back at Matthew still staring at him.. His face told him he was still fixated on the matter. Damn it. "Are you going to keep staring at me?"

"I, uh, noticed you and Mira got something official coming up."

Erwin scratched his scalp, pretending to feel puzzled like it was an unexpected conversation. "Oh I have no idea what you're talking about." He lowered his eyes thoughtfully as he twisted his body to reach for the seat belt and rotating it back and forth catching  Matthew's pensive stare. Keep this up and his eyes would start burning. Erwin was sure they were. "Would you stop staring at me, Matthew?", he asked sweatdropping slightly. As if his staring was gonna make him crack. Pssh.

"I wanna know what you got up your sleeves."

Erwin tapped his chin against his palm, scoffing slightly. He watched himself fiddle with his backpack strap. "Yeah? I wanna know when you and Grace are going to start dating. Don't think I haven't caught you looking at her that way." He again looked up at Matt challenging him with his narrowed gaze.

Oh, it's like that? Matthew thought. "Is that right?" he quipped.

"Thaaat's right, Matt." Erwin replied, nodding his head.

Matthew leaned forward to insert and twist the key into the ignition. Stepping in the clutch, 4 mufflers revved, its 5.2 L V8 engine idling. "You better put your seatbelt on before I get blamed for your unwanted injuries," he scoffed.

Erwin crossed his chest seeing that Matthew was thankfully distracted. Thank God that was over. He strapped himself  and put this backpack down to keep it that way, "I hope we don't get home till Spring with that slow driving you do".

Matthew started to back out the space, glancing over his left and right shoulder. Once the car was lined up, he looked at Erwin, his eyes shining with amusement,  boosting the car gear in first gear and retorted back. "Hey, if you have any other ride lined up, waiting to take you home, free of charge, I'm waiting to listen".

Erwin  was silent for a few seconds before he started laughing, Matthew joining in seconds after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 146 22
When Luna Heart goes on a school trip everything seems to be going horrible but what happens when it becomes a chance for her to be herself and make...
22.4K 360 17
Y/N's parents are getting kicked out of their apartments and have to send her to her brothers house. Her brother is more than welcome to let her in...
178K 7K 41
The last place Kendall Hanks thinks she will end up is in a foster home. Let alone with the filthy-rich Mason's as her foster family. As an orphan, l...
Lost ✔️ By Genius Fetus

Mystery / Thriller

15.3K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...