Mr Rude & Me (Undergoing Edit...

By vintage-wifi

What happens when Ms Innocent, Chelsea-Anne Richards is kicked out of her dorm room and has no place to stay... More

(1): Getting A Place
(2): Notorious Bad Boy
(4): A Jerk
(5): Nathan's Surprise
(6): Illegal Drag Racers
(7): Zorro
(8): Kristy's Cafe
(9): Defeated
(10): Calling A Truce
(11): Sick Girl
(12): In Your Feels
(13): Kitten
(14): Happy Birthday
(15): Growing On Me
(16): Daddy Issues
(17): Strong Leverage
(18): Dangerous Man
*(19): Authors Note
(20): Bitter-Sweet
(21): A Roommate Thing
(22): Bomb Dropped
(23): Flirting?
(24): Home [Kind Of]
(25): First Kiss
(26): Lagoon Red
(27): Official Friendship
(28): Riley
(29): Ice Cream Talks
(30): Reminder
(31): I Love You Guys
(32): High Views
(33): The Story Of RJ
(34): Kyle Everything
(35): Gill Resort
(36): Bad News
(37): Damage Control
(38): Truth or Truth
(39): Discoveries
(40): Enjoyable and Peaceful
(41): Almost... Again!
(42): Work
(43): Princess Willow
(44): Verdict
(45): Family Background
(46): New Year, Old Foes
(47): Confession Session
(48): Mine
(49): No Kissing
(50): Frustrated
(51): Whipped
(52): Okay Romeo
(53): Obsessed
(54): Motivation
(55): Cold Water
(56): Broken
(58): She's Up
(59): Parents Of The Year
(60): Hospital Room
(61): The Chambers
(62): Nirvana
(63): Kim To His Kanye
(64): Let's Talk
(65): Lunch
(66): Unsure
(67): My Idiot
(68): Take You For A Spin
(69): Game Changer
(70): Surprise Party
(71): Best Fucking Night Ever
(72): Favorite Girls
(73): Gym & Food
(74): Date Night
(75): I Love You
(76): Please Come
(77): Missing Girl
(78): Escape Plan
(79): Going Down
(80): Tears
(81): Uncle Ky
(82): Like A Movie
(83): Happy
(84): A Hundred Years
Epilogue

(3): The Rules

176K 3.2K 2.5K
By vintage-wifi

"Kyle! Are you home?"

I don't know what game I'm playing but here I am at our apartment screaming for Kyle. I want to know if he's home or not. I just got here from Noah's dorm feeling lonelier than ever. Maybe I want someone to talk to even though if I am being realistic, I don't think Kyle cares about my life.

"Jeez. What are you screaming for, you freak?" He asks walking out of his bedroom in a hoodie and sweatpants "What do you want?"

"Uhm, I just wanted to see if you were home or not" I mutter embarrassed before remembering something "Wait, did you call me a freak?"

"Does it matter?" He deadpans.

"Yes cause I'm not a freak" I defend crossing my arms "I'm very normal"

He rolls his eyes pushing past me "Whatever"

He walks to the kitchen and like a moth drawn to a flame, I follow him but I don't think he notices. He opens the fridge taking out a juice carton and drinks straight from it.

"That's a very bad habit, you know" I tell him.

He looks behind to see me watching him and shakes his head "Jesus, can I get some space? This is my house"

"I know, I'm just saying"

"Okay, I think we need to establish a few rules around here" He announced putting the juice back and looking at me sternly.

"Rules? What is this? Middle school?"

"Ha-ha" He deadpans dryly "Rule number 1: I'm not you friend. Never will he either"

"I didn't say you wer-"

"Shut up and let me finish" He snaps and I roll my eyes but comply "2: Don't talk to me unless I talk to you"

"Seriously?" I mutter under my breath.

He narrows his eyes at me and I shut up again "3: No surprise visitors or anything like that. You must first get permission from me"

Permission? Oh wow.

"4: If you see different girls around here, mind your own business"

Player much?

"5: We don't share anything except furnisher and shit. You get your own groceries and make your own food and I'll do the same"

"Is that all, sir?"

He rolls his eyes "Yes, that's all, darling"

"You're a piece of work" I note after digesting all his ridiculous rules.

"If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to find another place. I, for one, would be very happy with that" He fake smiles and I return the fake smile. I do, however, wish I could see his real one. I bet it's beautiful.

"No no, I think I'll stay"

"Whatever" He says walking away "I'm going back to my room. Don't scream my name again"

"Bye" I wave.

He just shakes his head but I swear I heard him mutter a "Unless I'm fucking it out of you"

Well then.

***

"What do you mean he's a giant dick? He's hot" Kat screeches with star struck eyes "Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position?"

"Do I care?" I mutter walking slower so she can catch up "I guess I should just be grateful I got a place and not dwell on the negative"

"Yeah, I don't think Kyle Chambers and the word negative could ever go in the same sentence" She says thoughtfully.

"Whatever, Kathrine" I snap because she's starting to annoy me with her stupid Kyle praises "You don't live with him so I wouldn't expect you to understand. I bet you've never even had a conversation with the guy"

"Yeah, I have" She defends exasperated "He's Nathan's friend"

"Why am I not surprised" I murmur. Off course Nathan is friends with someone like Kyle "How is it living with him, anyways?"

"Good" She replies and her grin matches "Really good"

"Well I'm happy he's not giving you grief or anything" I can't help my grin back. My best friend's happiness means the world to me.

She hugs me "I appreciate the concern but yeah everything has been good. How's Noah?"

"Busy as always" My mood shuts down immediately at the mention "I don't know, Kat, it's like he doesn't even have time for me anymore"

"He'll come around. I know my best friend" She tried to reassure but it doesn't really help "You know he's taking a really hard course so I guess he always has a lot of studying to do"

"I know but it's an adjustment from last semester because we used to be attached by the hip and now I barely see him. I guess the work is just getting more and more"

She sighs holding my hand "Like I said: he'll come around. Don't worry, okay? I know that boy and I know that he loves you and wouldn't do anything to lose you"

"Thanks, Kat" I smile squeezing her hand "That actually made me feel so much better"

She grins "That's what best friends are for"

"Hey, do you wanna help me do groceries after class?" I ask her hopefully.

She nods "Sure. Not a problem. I'll also do mine"

***

"Kathrine, I swear to God I don't know why I still do grocery shopping with you" I grumble pushing my cart away from her.

She keeps putting all kinds of candy in it, telling me they're heaven. She always does this.

"Come on, Chels, are you on some diet or something?" She asks.

I roll my eyes "No. But that doesn't mean I should buy 500 different candies so stop it please"

"That's exactly what it means" She argues looking at some cereal "Its not like you ever gain weight"

I grab some Fruit Loops and put them in "Hush. Let's just shop like responsible adults, okay?"

"Fine, Grumpy Grace" She grumbles childishly and I can't help but giggle "So, what's still on your list?"

I look at it "Bread, milk, some meat, eggs, veges, pasta and some snacks. Yeah I think that's all I'm going to get for now"

She shrugs "Okay. I basically also have the same, except the snack is first on the list"

I laugh at her. We carry on our very responsible shopping and then after what feels like forever we're finally at the tills and paying.

"Uhm, hi" I turn around to see that suspect who was tapping me on the shoulder "I'm Winnie"

I wave awkwardly "Hey. I'm Chelsea"

"Sorry to bother you" She starts off sheepishly "But I noticed that you live at Cottage Hill and I live there too and my ride ditched me. Anyways I was wondering if I could catch a ride with you"

"Sure" I smile reassuringly "I'll ask my friend, it's her car"

"Thank you" She smiles.

"Hey, Kat" I call for her attention because she was too busy with the cashier "Do you think we could give Winnie a ride?"

"Who's Winnie?"

I point to the girl behind me "Her. She lives at Cottage Hill"

Kat shrugs "Okay"

We finish paying and take our plastic bags to Kat's car before all entering

"So, Winnie, do you know Kyle?" Kat asks driving away. I swear all she can talk about it Kyle. You would swear she's single.

"Yeah, we're quite close. He doesn't speak much though" She trails off as an after thought.

She actually quite pretty. She has red hair but anyone can see it's dyed, anyways she makes it work. She has light brown eyes and the most delicate female features making her the more beautiful. She's quite short, probably 2 feet shorter than me.

I nod "He really doesn't. He came up with this ridiculous rule that I'm not allowed to speak to him unless he speaks to me first. Who does that?"

Winnie laughs "Typical Kyle"

"Okay, maybe he is kind of a dick" Kat regretfully admits "That's a bit extreme. How are you guys supposed to be roommates without speaking? That sounds depressing"

"And get this" I continue to vent, not minding if I'm scaring away the new girl "He says I'm not allowed to have people over without his 'permission'. What?!"

"Okay, the guy has serious issues" Kat chirps in, making a careful turn. I'm still not comfortable being driven by her but most of the time I have no choice. She's a very bad driver but somehow she managed to pass her test and get her license.

"He's like that" Winnie tells us "I'm one of the few people he does actually talk to when he's in the mood. Nico and I. We've known him since before college"

I smile at the mention of Nick "I know Nick. He's the one that helped me get the place"

"Oh, remind me to give him a kiss" Kat replies sheepishly, stepping a bit too hard on the accelerator and making me grip my seat belt "I don't think we'd be friends at the moment if it wasn't for him"

I snort "Damn right"

"Wait, what happened?" Winnie asks confused.

I chuckle before telling her about how my best friend got us kicked out of our dorm by inviting her boyfriend in and continuing to smoke with him. They actually did this all the time but this time it was different.

We would've gotten away with it if it was anyone else but Betty Larsen who had busted us. She is like our arch nemesis or something, she hates us and we hate her. She went and told our house matrons about her finding. And then, as you know, we were kicked out.

What a bitch.

"Oh I know Betty" Winnie snorts "One spiteful bitch"

"I know, right?!" I almost shout

We just all laugh about it. After a while we reach Cottage Hill, I take my bags out and Kat and Winnie help me upstairs with them.

"Hey, don't you think Kyle is gonna freak out if he sees us here" Kat asks worriedly as I fumble with my keys and open.

I enter "He'll live. Plus he's hardly home at this time"

She shrugs but I can see she's uneasy about this whole thing. Winnie looks as comfortable as ever which is good.

"Woah, this place is big" Kat breathes in awe roaming around "Can I go see your bedroom"

"Sure"

"I'll help you unpack" Winnie offers kindly.

We then do just that, making light conversation as we go along. I like her, she's so cool. And I guess this means I finally have a friend at Cottage Hill.

And then my (kind of) worst fear come true, I hear fumbling by the door. I know I was acting all nonchalant about Kyle finding out that I have people over but now that's it's happening, I'm kind of scared. I don't think the guy would even hesitate in kicking me out.

I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Winnie and I share a look before the door fully opens showcasing a very confused and tired Kyle. I notice he goes to the gym an awful lot. Well it works cause his body is amazing.

"Winona, what are you doing here?" He asks with a towel around his neck. He looks so cute like that, I have to hold in a giggle.

She shrugs "Hello to you too. Anyways I'm helping Chelsea here unpack"

With the mention of my name, he directs his annoyed eyes to me "You! What did I say about having people over?"

"I couldn't ask you cause you weren't home, and I don't have your numbers" I defend helplessly.

He shakes his head "I swear I regret my decision"

"Calm down, it's not like she's going to burn your house down" Winnie speaks for me as we continue with the unpacking.

"Whatever, I'm going to take a shower"

"Hey, Chels, you should paint your-"

Kat stops halfway through her sentence when she sees Kyle. She was just emerging from my bedroom, totally oblivious that he was home.

"Oh hi Kyle" She greets awkwardly.

He doesn't reply but instead narrows his eyes at me. If looks could kill... "This is your first and last strike"

Before I can defend myself he's already walking to his bedroom and slams the door quite loudly, I'm surprised the ground didn't shake "Well that was fun" I mutter sarcastically.

"Okay I take it back" Kat says flustered "I wouldn't trade lives with you"

"Told you so"

"He gets better once you get to know him" Winnie giggles at our fearful expressions over he friend "Trust me"

"Seriously doubt it" I mutter.

After we're finished with everything, Kat drives back to her dorm and Winnie walks to her room, which I learned is just two doors away from Kyle's.

What a day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352 34 16
Alexis 'Lexi' Morgan is not your usual teenager. She was on top of the food chain. Was being the keyword, because it all crashed down just because Za...
389K 12.8K 55
"Sooner or later you're going to fall for me." "You forgot the 'never' option." I smiled fakely. He chuckled. "That isnt an option." "You sure?" I as...
5.8K 755 46
"Wanna dance?" I smirked. "Lead the way." He smirked back. I tugged him seductively on his shirt and made my way to the dance floor. I placed both...
784K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...