Parish: Killing Me Slowly

By FallenTorment

Leigh has always been used to how her father treats her, as if she's the scum of the Earth. She wonders when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 5

371 11 1
By FallenTorment

Alright, so here it is. Chapter 5. Hopefully I don't disappoint you. So enjoy. Vote. Comment. Become a fan!

xoxo

Chapter Five

"Nick," I whisper. He looks at me, hunger in his eyes. His hands are still resting against my face and I grab onto his wrists, but I don't move anymore than that.

"Nick," I try again. "what... I... how...?" I give up. Words can be so useless at times like this!

I sigh, frustrated and lower my hands, bringing his with mine. I look out the window, my forehead creased in thought. Why is nothing ever simple? Could I ever like Nick? Sure. Could I ever care about Nick? Of course. I kind of already do. It seems like he could make anyone care about him. I wouldn't be surprised if my father could care about him. But that's impossible. That man has no feelings.

"Leigh, you're hurting my hands." Nick chuckles and my head snaps back to his. I look down and, sure enough, his fingers are white and it looks like I'm holding on to him for dear life. I think I just might be.

At that precise moment, Amanda decides to make another entrance.

"I'm coming in!" She yells. Nick leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Why announce yourself, Amanda?" I say, amused. "Expect me to be all over our precious Nick?" She giggles and before I know it, we're all laughing. It feels so good to laugh like this. I don't remember the last time I actually laughed.

"Well, you can't deny it Leigh, there is something between you two." She states knowingly. I look at her alarmed.

"Amanda!" I yell and Nick bursts out laughing again. I playfully hit him on the arm and am acutely aware that I'm not the only one blushing this time.

"So, Leigh, where have you been the past few days? Everyone's been worried sick about you." I look at her and feel my head tilt to the side. Everyone?

"What do you mean 'everyone'?" I ask.

"You know, me, Nick, Blade..." She trails off as soon as she says that last name. Blade. I completely forgot about him. Our super new, super gorgeous, student. Why would he care? He just met me.

"Look, I know it's not something to think about right now, but he keeps asking about you. Frankly, it's got Nick all pissed off." She smirks at Nick and he sticks his tongue out at her. I laugh again and he then proceeds to stick his tongue out at me which just makes me laugh harder.

"Leigh!" He shouts, but I can't help myself. I'm in an unusually good mood today.

"Sorry, sorry!" I say, putting my hands up in front of me in defense. "I was riding my bike home and I accidentally ran into a tree." I tell them. I don't realize how hilarious it sounds until I say it aloud, but I know I need to keep myself in check. It's really hard trying to keep your laughter inside. Especially when it makes someone like me feel so good and positive.

Amanda and Nick just look at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You ran... into... a tree?" Amanda asks. That does it. Nick buckles over in a fit of laughter and a giggle escapes Amanda. Honestly, if it had actually happened to me, I probably wouldn't be laughing, but hey, it didn't. I chuckle along with them until we hear someone clear their throat.

Amanda and Nick spin around to see Greg standing in the door. I see Nick stiffen and Amanda visibly relax. Amanda has known my brother as long as I've known her but Nick has never met Greg. I doubt he even knows that Greg and I are related.

"Who are you?" Nick asks, eyeing Greg.

"I think the question is, who are you?" Greg counters. Seriously? Are they going to do this now?

"Doesn't matter who I am." Nick says. It is probably one of the worst things he could've said.

"I'm her brother," Greg states. "And if you don't tell me who you are, I'll have you kicked out of here and you will never speak to Leigh again." His voice is icy and I can't help but feel a little sad.

I'm just now starting to get my feelings for Nick in order and everyone has to come in and ruin things. Ugh!

"Greg!" I say, standing up and rushing over to Nick. I place a hand on his shoulder when I see how sullen his face looks. "He didn't mean anything by it. He doesn't know who you are."

"Doesn't matter. It doesn't give him a right. He's not your brother. I am. He's not the one that's protecting you."

Everyone in the room tenses up. Well, none of us were expecting that. I don't even think Greg was.

"Protecting her from what?" Nick asks, fire in his eyes.

"Nothing." Greg walks over to me, gently grabs my arm, and leads me over to my bed. "You need to rest." He tells me gently.

I pull him down to me so my mouth is close to his ear and whisper so only he can hear. "We have to tell them, Greg."

His reaction is instant, but I expect it. I grip his arm tighter. "They need to know. They've been with me through a lot and they don't even know what for. They deserve it. I'm tired of lying to them all the time."

His mouth is set in a tight line and his eyebrows are creased together. I can tell he's thinking. I know the second he reaches a decision because his shoulders sag and he sighs.

"Alright. We'll tell them." I nod solemnly and he walks over to shut the door. He sits down in the lounge chair across from me and motions for Amanda and Nick to sit down as well. "We have something we need to tell the two of you and it'd be better if you sat down for it."

They nod, looking confused, and sit down anyway.

"Before we start," Greg says. "Let's just get one thing straight. No matter what we tell you or what we do, you can not tell anyone. Anyone. We are taking care of things."

They nod their heads vigorously and Greg makes them swear and promise before he lets me continue.

"Amanda, Nick," I say, turning to each of them in turn. I stand up and walk over to them. I lift the hem of my shirt, exposing my stomach and showing them all of my current bruises and old scars. I then proceed to show them my back, my upper arms and parts of my legs. "Do you know what these are from?"

"A bike accident?" Amanda asks, but I can see how she doubts herself now. Even I know they don't look like bruises and cuts from a bike. They're too precise. Too clean.

I shake my head and I see tears well up in Amanda's eyes.

"No, they're not from a bike accident or a fall. They are from none of the things I've ever told you. Despite what I've said, I'm the most well-balanced person I know. I am not now, nor will I ever be or have been, clumsy."

They look at me in silence for a moment and I continue once I'm sure I still have their attention.

"When I was a little girl, my father would hit me. He still does, but even more so. Lately, he's been favoring a ring of his or something sharp that'll inflict more pain. All these cuts, these scars and these bruises, they're all from him. Every. Single. One." I finish in a whisper and watch as the words sink in. Realization dawns on them. Nick is the first one to react.

"I'll kill him!" He yells and Greg rushes over to restrain him.

"Trust me when I tell you, you're no match for him. Don't you think I would've done it a long time ago if I could?" He settles down and Greg slowly releases him.

I walk over to Amanda and wipe away the tears that are on her cheeks.

"But why?" She asks. "You're such a good person. You'd never do anything to hurt anyone." I smile bitterly.

"Neither I nor Greg have any idea why my father does what he does, but he just does. It's not like I can stop him. The police would be no help. He'd cover it up somehow and threaten me if I said a word. He doesn't need to threaten Greg. Greg cares about me too much to let anything more happen to me. He has to deal with my pain on a daily basis, but it's better than him watching my father beat the life out of me. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone."

When I finish my sentence, tears of fury are slowly making their way down Amanda's cheeks. I rush over to her and hug her tightly. She shouldn't be the one crying. This isn't right.

"Amanda!" I say, exasperated. "Why on Earth are you crying?"

"Because!" She whisper-yells. "No one deserves to be hit by their parents. You especially!" She cries into my shoulder as I hold her close. She's right. No one deserves this, but people don't always get what they deserve. That's just how things are.

I look over at Nick. His face is expressionless except for a single tear making it's way down his cheek. I've seen my father calm too many times to know how Nick is feeling right now. I'm absolutely positive that if my father were in the room with us right now, Nick would murder him.

It's not something I like to think about. I don't want anyone hurt because of me, but that's just what I think. Nick would kill my father if given the chance. Thankfully, he won't ever get the chance. I'll never let him meet my father. Too much of a risk.

"So, is this why no one's ever allowed over your house and why you're not allowed to hang out after school?" She whispers quietly to me. I nod solemnly.

"It's not that I'm not allowed. I'd just have to face consequences and trust me when I say, they aren't worth it." Greg stands up and walks over to us. I sort of forgot he was there. Instantly I feel guilty and let go of Amanda to look up at him.

He looks at Nick and Amanda instead. "You two realize that you can never tell anyone about this. Ever. It's not your business to tell anyone. If Leigh wants someone to know, she'll tell them. It's her secret, not yours. If you tell someone, I can guarantee that you'll never see her again and not by my doing."

I cringe and he looks at me sadly.

"You know I'm right." He whispers.

"I know you are." I say. "It's just... saying it out loud makes it seem more real. More... permanent." He nods his head in understanding.

"Well, as much as we like it here, do you two mind if we crash at one of your homes tonight? I really don't like the idea of taking Leigh back to our house. Our father isn't in a good mood. She'll get it worse if she goes home now."

Amanda and Nick both agree but Greg chooses Amanda's house to crash at. I can pretty much guess why.

When Greg and Amanda pick up my things, they step out into the hall. Why does everyone keep leaving me and Nick alone? It's not like we're going to kiss passionately or anything... right?

I begin to feel doubts myself.

When I look up at Nick, he's studying me. I feel uncomfortable under his gaze. It feels like he can see right through me and now I'm sure he can. He knows my biggest, darkest secret. I had only planned on telling Amanda, but I knew I would never have gotten him out of the room and after what he said to me...

I blush and look up at Nick. There's a smirk on his face when he sees my blush, but quickly sobers.

"Look, Leigh, I'm sorry about everything. I didn't mean to... well, you know. I never knew you had it so hard at home and I just made things worse. I bet I made you feel like you didn't belong anywhere." I smile sadly and look down.

It wasn't him that made me feel that way. I've always felt like that. I only ever belonged with Greg and my friends. They're the only ones I've ever trusted. Even Nick.

"You didn't know. You couldn't have possibly known. Don't blame yourself, Nick. It's not your fault my father hits me." He flinches at my casual use of the words. Sooner or later, he'll have to get over it, even though I know he probably won't.

He walks over to me and stops when we're about an inch apart. I feel my breathing hitch and I look up at him. His eyes are burning with an intensity I've only ever read about in books. This isn't a feeling someone should be showing toward me. It should be a feeling someone shows to someone they love... Could it be possible that he loves me?

He leans down and lightly brushes his lips over mine. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. I can't remember a time when I felt so good about myself. So... free. He deepens the kiss and licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I oblige. He tastes like mint. It's cool and refreshing and I can't help but get lost in it.

When he pulls away, we're both breathing hard. I smile up at him and he smiles back.

"You know," I whisper, too afraid that a loud noise could break the moment we're having. "I care about you too." He smiles and leans his forehead against mine.

"What a relief it is to hear you say that." He says.

We get up and join Amanda and Greg in the hall. They are deep in conversation and when we walk up, they stop immediately. I glance between the two of them curiously.

"What's goin' on guys?" I ask.

"Nothing." They say in unison and my eyebrows shoot up.

"Uh-huh." I say and smile. Amanda blushes and Greg looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here. "Anyway, we should probably get going."

Everyone agrees and we leave. When we arrive at Amanda's, Nick refuses to leave.

"Come on, Nick! You have to go home! She'll be perfectly safe here with me!" Amanda shouts. Like I said, they tolerate each other, that's it.

"No! You don't know that! I'm not just going to leave her and go home to be warm and safe in my bed. If there's even a chance that he could come after her, I want to be here with her!" He yells back and then looks at me. "Besides," he whispers. "I've only just told her how I feel."

He looks down and pouts. Guilt mixes with butterflies at my conflicting emotions. He's so completely adorable when he pouts like that. It would be nice to have him here with me all night. On the other hand, I feel sad about letting him go, but knowing it's probably for the best. I've never really been selfish before, but when I speak up, I know this is exactly what it would sound like if I had.

"I think he should stay." I say. I get three incredulous looks from three different people. What? No one thought I would say yes? Well, just goes to show you they don't think I'm that selfish either.

Nick walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my shoulder. I lean back against him. It feels nice.

"I think we should listen to Leigh." He says with a smile on his face.

"Fine." Greg mutters. "But if you do anything to my sister, I swear you'll regret it." He walks to away. Probably going to get something to eat.

Amanda stands there smiling and rushes over to hug me, but since Nick doesn't budge, it turns out kind of awkward.

"I'm both ecstatic and furious right now." She tells me. "I don't know which one is winning about, but I can tell you that seeing you two together, finally, just makes me all the more ecstatic."

I laugh and so does Nick. I feel the vibrations in his chest on my back. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard Nick actually laugh before. The sound is like music. Pure and carefree. I wish I could feel that way.

We all head into the living room and sit down to watch a few movies. I get the feeling that this is how living as a teenager is supposed to be. Hanging out with your friends at night and having a good time. Enjoying life exactly as it's supposed to be. And for the first time in my life, I feel happiness. Pure, sweet happiness.

The next morning, I wake up and walk downstairs after showering and dressing for school. There's a delicious scent in the air and I recognize it as bacon and hash browns. Yum!

"Good morning!" I sing as I walk into the kitchen, twirling around.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Amanda asks and Greg looks at me like I'm crazy. Sure, he has never seen this happy, carefree side of me. Then again, neither have I and I have to say that it's got me worrying.

"I don't know, I just feel happy today. Today is a good day!" I shout excitedly and Greg picks me up in a bear hug and spins around.

"Happy birthday kiddo!" He tells me and I laugh.

"That's right!" Amanda says, excitedly. "Happy birthday, Leigh!" She runs over and joins us. Once we finish hugging, we sit around the table and eat breakfast and that's when I notice someone's missing.

"Where's Nick?" I ask.

"Oh, he decided to leave early." Greg answers, looking a little too pleased for my taste. "He had to great ready for school. Remember? He didn't bring any clothes over and he needed a shower." He chuckles as if amused by this.

"Okay." I say and eat the rest of my breakfast in silence.

When we get to school, I head off to my classes. Nothing interesting happens and I try my best, really I do, not to fall asleep in any classes. Some of them are just so boring.

Finally, lunch rolls around and my stomach is grumbling. Good because I get to buy lunch today. I know that lots of kids complain saying their lunches suck and they taste disgusting and blah blah blah, but lunches at my school are pretty freaking amazing.

We get pizza everyday, from different restaurants of course, usually Domino's, Tiffany's, Jet's or some other delicious place, for a main entrée. We can also get a salad for an entrée or a sub or whatever they decide to serve. We also get vegetables, a choice of snack (like delicious, mouth-watering Clodhoppers! Oh my gosh, yum!), an apple or orange, a milk or juice, and a little salad from the salad bar. It's actually pretty cheap too.

Once I make my way to our table, I dig in. I close my eyes and a sigh escapes from my lips.

"I didn't know pizza was that good." I hear a voice and my heart picks up. Even though I've only heard it a few times, when I was quite delirious too, it doesn't make it any less sexy. I shouldn't be saying thing though. I kind of have a boyfriend, right? I mean, it's not official or anything... huh. Maybe we should talk about that.

I open my eyes to see none other than Blade sliding into the seat across from mine.

"Have you ever tried it? I'm pretty sure you'd feel exactly the same." I say back to him. It really was that good.

"No, but I have a feeling I'll get around to it." His voice sounds off, like there is a slight accent to it. I frown and narrow my eyes, trying to figure out what it is.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He says and I can finally place it. He has an Italian accent. Why does he have an Italian accent?

"Well, maybe because I'm from Italy..." He suggests. I look up at him. Do I seriously keep saying things on my mind. This is the second time.

"Umm...." I say. Wow, smart. I'm completely intellectual!

"I told everyone in class on the first day. But that's the day you decided to faint, so I'm guessing you forgot." He had to go and bring that up again? I had almost forgotten.

I sigh and look up at him. He is studying me. I honestly don't think he'll find anything he likes. I'm not that pretty.

Amanda walks up and I can't help but compare myself to her. Instead of my brown hair, she has gorgeous blonde hair that falls to the middle of her back. Her eyes an amazing sky blue that sparkle whenever she's excited. She's 5'6'' and not really a girly girl. She loves sports about as much as I do. I would try out for them with her if I had had the time. Maybe now, I could.

"Hey Leigh!" She yells, giving me a bear hug and I laugh.

"Hey Mandy." I laugh again, knowing she hates being called that. The only people that get away with it are me and, strangely enough, Greg. I had always wondered if there had been something between the two of them, but I thought that impossible. They were hardly ever together. Unless they snuck out at night. Huh, what an interesting thought.

She glares lightly at me and turns to Blade.

"Good morning sunshine." She says to him and he glares at her. Had I missed something? I must have looked lost because Amanda decided to explain it to me.

"Blade is always such a stick in the mud," She begins. "He hardly ever smiles and he just sits there like a statue or something." Seriously? I only ever receive his infamous smirks, even though I've only ever seen him a few times.

"Well anyway, we were in class the other day while you were in the hospital and someone decided to call him sunshine. I swear he almost bit the kid's head off, but at least it got a reaction out of him. I thought I'd call him that from now on, just so he shows some emotion, even if it is hurtful hatred." She casts a puppy dog face his way but he isn't even fazed. I laugh.

"Why were you in the hospital?" Blade suddenly asks, looking at me intently.

Shit.

Okay, you can do this I tell myself. It's only one simple lie. Even if it is the funniest thing you've ever heard.

"I ran into a tree." I say. Amanda starts cracking up and Blade's head tilts to the side. It was almost too comical, but I kept my face blank.

"You ran... into a tree." He says and I nod.

"While riding a bike. Wasn't exactly the highlight of my day. In fact, I'm sure a few people at the park got a chuckle out of it. Hurt like hell though." I saw his face soften, at least he was buying it.

Amanda, the idiot, was still cracking up. I love her, but she needs to keep it under control. It's her fault he asked in the first place.

"It wasn't that funny, Mandy." I say and instantly, the laughter is gone. I smirk at her and she sticks her tongue out at me. Can you say childish? I stick mine out right back at her which only causes another round of giggles for both of us. I never said I wouldn't do something childish.

Apparently, Blade didn't see the humor. His face was completely serious.

"Were you at least okay?" Uh, duh. I'm obviously here, aren't I?

"Would I be here if I weren't?" I say.

"You could've broken something or had stitches somewhere I can't see." His eyes fall from my face, roaming my body and I instantly feel myself flush.

Right on queue, as always, Nick walks up. He sits down next to me and I'm squished between him and Amanda. Ugh, don't these people have anywhere else to sit? There's, like, a whole bench on the other side of the table!

He puts his arm around me and I automatically know what he's doing. Gosh, boys seriously have to be such guys sometimes, don't they? They like to claim what's theirs, not that I am Nick's.

Blade's eyes shoot to Nick's arm around my shoulders and they narrow slightly. Ever so slightly, but I can tell.

I shrug Nick's arm off my shoulders and he looks down at me, slightly disappointed.

"What?" I ask him, truly curious.

"Why'd you do that?" He questions. I look at him for a minute.

"Well, we aren't exactly together. You don't get to claim what's yours." I say and continue eating my food.

I know I just hurt him by saying that, but I'm not exactly used to guys acting like this around me. Not that guys haven't tried, I've just never really welcomed it before and it's hard for me to start now, so late.

Just then, I feel a kiss on my cheek and look up at Nick, surprised. He points to the table in front of me and I look down. There's a box sitting on the table, right next to my food (how had I missed that?) wrapped in beautiful green paper.

"What's this?" I ask, picking it up carefully like it's a ticking time bomb.

"It's a dog." He says sarcastically. "Just open it."

So I do. I rip the paper off, I never was careful, and open the black box beneath.

Inside, there's a beautiful silver necklace with a ring on the end. I inspected it closer and saw that it had Nick's full name on it. It was beautiful and I couldn't help but love it. Okay, so I do realize that me and Nick are just becoming a thing and all, but it was still really sweet of him.

"Thank you!" I say, hugging him. "I love it!" He chuckles softly.

"Happy birthday, Leigh!" He says, pleased.

"It's your birthday?" Blade asks. I had completely forgotten he was there and instantly felt bad. I nodded and he smiled.

"Happy birthday then!" I smile brightly at him.

"Thank you."

After that, the rest of the day was pretty boring. People said happy birthday, wished me luck and everything. Some of my other friends even got me a few cards or small, simple gifts. Honestly, I appreciated them more than anything. I'd never gotten gifts on my birthday before. Well I had. A couple things, all from Greg or Amanda, that I treasured with my life.

But this was just ridiculous! I mean, people I've barely ever talked to before were giving me gifts like they had extra change in their pocket they just wanted to spend on me. Me!

Not that I was complaining.

After school, Greg takes me out for some ice cream (do I really care that it's getting cold? No. It's the middle of October, not cold enough yet). It is actually very delicious ice cream. I get a cone filled with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles. So simple yet the most amazing ice cream I've ever had.

After my ice cream, we pick up Amanda and Nick and Blade (Amanda invited him, though I've no idea why, but I really didn't mind) and we all went to the park. I have to tell you that we have the best time ever! I swear, I've never been happier than I am right now.

"Leigh!" Amanda shouts and I sink lower into my hiding spot. Okay, so it is a pretty childish game, but it is so much fun. Plus, I've never really had these experiences as a child, so I got even more out of it.

Amanda is it and she desperately wants to find me so we can find the guys together. Greg is hiding somewhere in a bush, I think. I'm not sure where Nick is and I think Blade is in the tree next to mine.

I'm really hoping no one saw me climb into this tree. I want to be the last one found. I am already pretty good at this game. I've won a few times, but others not so much.

Actually, climbing trees everyday to keep my stamina up seems like a pretty useful tool now. No one ever looks in trees. Right?

"Nick!" Amanda shouts and I giggle quietly.

"Damnit!" I hear him swear and put my hands over my mouth. It's hard enough to keep quiet when she's right below me but then they have to go and makes things seem completely hilarious. They're torturing me, I swear they are.

"Found you!" Amanda sings and I hear Nick growl. "Alright, now we have to find everyone else. Any ideas Mr. Grumpy?" I giggle again and the talking stops. Maybe I was too loud? I hear footsteps and then some yelling.

"Got you!" Amanda shouts. Man, she's good.

"I thought I could do it too! Just goes to show my secret spy skills aren't that handy after all." I hear Greg joke and smile.

"Alright! Two down, two to go." Amanda again. She's so optimistic. I wish I could be more like her sometimes. In more than just personality, I wish I had her beauty.

"I think you're very beautiful." I hear a whisper behind me and almost fall out of my tree. Two strong, warm hands wrap around my waist and keep me in place. Amazingly, we hadn't made a single sound.

"W-what?" I stammer. I'm just not good with coherent syllables, okay?

"You're very beautiful." He says again and I blush. I shouldn't be doing this. We shouldn't be doing this.

Blade pulls me against his chest and whispers into my ear, his warm breath tickling my neck.

"I don't think you and Nick are a very good couple." He says and I shiver. I feel him smile against my ear. "I think we would be a much better couple." He kisses my neck and I shiver again.

There's just something about Blade. Something so dangerous and yet so seductive it's almost impossible to resist. Gee, and I've only known the guy for a few days, tops. I haven't exactly spent every hour of every day with him since we met.

But still, maybe I should give him a chance. The bad part of me said I should, just to see what it was like being on the darker side without being hurt for once. But the good side said I should stay with Nick. Gosh, does everything have to be so difficult? And I actually thought my life was getting easier. Ha! What a joke.

"There are some things in this world that are worth trying. Things that no one ever knows about. Dark things. Seductive things..." He whispers and kisses my neck. I lean back against him. Okay, so I admit this is not the best thing to be doing right now.

The best thing would be to jump down and scare the living daylights out of Amanda when she walks under my tree again, but instead I'm sitting up in a tree with Blade, letting him do this to me. Whatever "this" is, I've no clue. I'm so confused, it should be illegal. Seriously.

"What do you like about Nick, anyway?" Blade asks and I'm caught off guard so I say the first thing that comes to mind.

"He's sweet to me when he wants to be but he's got a fiery side that you just can't resist. He's gorgeous and sometimes rude, but he makes up for it. In the blink of an eye he can be the kindest, most caring person in the world, but suddenly change to the guy you wish you'd never met. He never gets boring and he's been with me through a lot, though I have to admit he was never very nice about it." I tell him.

"What about me? What do you think of me?" He asks.

"Well, you're different." I say. "You're darkly seductive and you have a bit of danger clinging to you, like a warning. I know I should stay away, but I can't. That danger warning seems to draw me in. I've never been much for goody-two-shoes..." I trail off. Why the hell am I telling him all this? It's not like it's really any of his business.

Suddenly I feel weird again, like I did when I was in school. Blade's first day. When I fainted in class and had no idea what caused it. I'm starting to get the feeling it has something to do with Blade. But, I've no idea since this is only the second time it's happened.

I feel myself being lowered gently to the ground, not the tree, actual ground. I don't know how he could reach that far, but it was of no concern to me at the moment. Why did it seem like even though I was away from my father, I was getting hurt more and more?

I hear screams and shouts and the thundering pound of boots and shoes across the pavement. I look up to see Greg, Amanda, and Nick all running toward me. Blade is climbing out of the tree to my left and starts running over too.

What an asshole. I bet he's the reason this keeps happening to me.

Faintly, I hear someone calling my name. I try to push them away, but they just won't take no for an answer.

I glare up at the person in front of me. It's Greg but it doesn't seem to bother him. I keep my glare up. I just want to sleep, is that so wrong?

"She..."

"...fainting again..."

"...okay?..."

"...wrong with her?..."

"...911 now!..."

Little pieces of conversation keep popping up now and then but I easily tune them out. I actually felt good, just drowsy.

They end up taking me home and already I feel fine. There's honestly no need. They said they're taking me somewhere tonight and since I feel perfect, I convince them to go. Mostly because I have no idea where it's at or what it even is though I have a pretty good idea.

I've never had a surprise party before but this would be an excellent time to make one... or not, seeing as I already know there is one. I overheard Nick and Amanda discussing it. It's awesome! My first party!

I can't wait!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...
423 61 22
A girl on her first year of school Is finding out about this evil couple with powers. People say that she is their child. Now she doesn't know who he...
1.2K 23 14
12 year old Avery Lipton is physically abused by her dad. She longs for a friend because even her own brother, Julian, is scared to stand up for her...
502 18 11
Whenever you saw her, she was always smiling. She never showed an ounce of sadness. Her stories unravel as you get to know her and deep within yourse...