Chasing Dreams {Book 2: Chasi...

By arty_writes

After having her seventh year at Hogwarts come to an abrupt end, Audrey McCarthy has a long summer ahead of h... More

Chapter 1: A Rude Introduction
Chapter 2: Playing With Fire
Chapter 3: A Chat With The Girls
Chapter 4: Family Reunion
Chapter 5: Dinner With the Weasleys
Chapter 6: My Worst Enemy
Chapter 7: Ron- The Best Friend Ever
Chapter 8: Date With Disaster
Chapter 9: Practically Family
Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 11: Taking Sides
Chapter 12: "Heaven's No!"
Chapter 13: Welcome Home
Chapter 14: A Mother's Intuition
Chapter 15: Dress Shopping
Chapter 16: Saved by Shoes
Chapter 18: Cake and Confrontation
Chapter 19: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 20: An Unexpected Discovery
Chapter 21: A Change in Plans
Chapter 22: Fire
Chapter 23: Burned Bridges
Chapter 24: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 25: You Got Me
Chapter 26: Nothing at All
Chapter 27: Believe Me
Chapter 28: A Woman Scorned
Chapter 29: Party Crashing
Chapter 30: Chasing Her Dreams
Author's Note!

Chaper 17: I Do

1.8K 76 33
By arty_writes

Sorry this chapter took so long. I was... sort of uninspired for a while there, so I wasn't sure how I wanted to write this and what not. But alas, I now present to you the long-awaited wedding. =)

***********************************************************************************************************

"But I'm afraid when I hear stories about husband and wife- there's no happy endings, no Henry Lee, but you are the greatest thing about me." -If It's Love, Train

Audrey stood in the guest bedroom in Artemis' manor, staring at her reflection in the full length mirror. Today was the day. She was finally going to be married. She had so many emotions running through her body right then; she was nervous, excited, and probably one eighty other things. Everything was in order. There were only minutes to go. The guests had arrived, not that there were very many. Audrey and Draco had only invited a handful of people- both sets of parents, the Weasleys, a few friends, Artemis' family, and that was about it. It was how they wanted it. Audrey was still sure her parents weren't going to show up and that was okay with her.

The girl adjusted her dress, making sure it fell perfectly, not that it would've been anything but. After trying on as many dresses as she did, she knew this dress was it. It was absolutely perfect. Audrey found her thoughts interrupted when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Nicole, wearing the green bridesmaid dress.

"You still haven't put your veil on," Nicole reprimanded, picking the thin white material attached to the tiara, sitting her friend down in a nearby chair. She placed the tiara delicately on Audrey's head, allowing it to fit in between her loosely curled hair. "There. Is there anything else you forgot? You got your something new, old, borrowed, blue, and the galleon in your shoe?"

Audrey ran a check over the list. The earrings she was wearing were new. The necklace she wore was her grandmother's, and had been given to her many years ago before she passed. She borrowed her shoes from Nicole since they wore the same size and they were perfect with the dress. The garter around the top of her leg had a blue ribbon on it. The galleon had been sewn into her dress, so while not in her shoe, it was still on her person. "Yes," she announced. "I think I have everything."

Nicole smiled probably the single largest smile Audrey had ever seen. "You're so beautiful right now I could cry," she said.

"Don't cry; you'll ruin your makeup," Audrey cautioned. "You can cry after pictures are taken."

"Says you," Nicole replied. "You're going to be blubbering before you even get to Draco."

Audrey tried not to think about what was going to happen once she was walking down the aisle. She knew she was going to cry, but she was going to do her best to contain it. She took a deep breath, stopping the tears from flowing already. "Where's Krystie?" she asked.

A grim look appeared on Nicole's face. "Err... that's what I came to tell you about. She's... kind of sick. It's not pretty... let me tell you."

Audrey sighed, a little irritated that this was happening now of all times. "Well, if she's feeling under the weather, tell her to get some rest, and have Ginny stand in for her," she instructed. "We only have twenty minutes so make this costume change quick."

Nicole wasted no time and took off to go make the wardrobe change that was so desperately needed. The girl sat in silence for what seemed like forever before Molly entered the room, tears already streaming from her eyes. Before Audrey could say anything, the woman pulled her into a tight embrace, practically smothering her.

"Are you ready, sweetie?" she asked, pulling away from Audrey.

"I... I think so," Audrey said quietly, noticing Arthur enter the room as well. "What time is it?"

"You're on in five, darling," Molly informed. "Ginny and Nicole are with the boys downstairs. I'm going to go take my seat, alright? See you in a few minutes."

Audrey didn't say anything as Molly scurried out of the room, and she turned to face Arthur, the man who she had decided was going to be walking her down the aisle. She smiled at him. "Are you ready, dad?" she asked in a whisper.

"As ready as you are," he answered. He glanced out the window. "C'mon. Nicole and Ron are walking now." He offered Audrey his arm, and the girl wrapped her arm around his and the two of them made their way downstairs. They came to a stop at the open doorway leading into the courtyard. Audrey stared out at the group in front of her, all of whom were focused on Artemis and Ginny at the moment.

Once they had taken their spots, the band started to play the wedding march. Audrey swore that then that a spotlight was placed on her. She took a deep breath before she and Arthur slowly began the journey to the altar. The girl held the bouquet of flowers in her hands tightly, hoping no one could see how nervous she really was. Her anxiety only got worse as she glanced up and saw Draco standing there waiting for her. Audrey blinked away a few tears; she had to remain calm.

She finally came to a stop in next to Draco, turning to face him. As Arthur and the rest of the guests sat down, Audrey brought her attention to Kingsley, who was going to be the one officiating the wedding. Audrey was just glad that he was able to convince the Ministry to pardon the Malfoys for their crimes; otherwise the wedding wasn't going to be possible. The girl shook the thought from her mind as Kingsley began to speak.

"Good afternoon, family and friends. We come together, not to mark the start of a relationship but to recognize a bond that already exists. This marriage is one expression of the many varieties of love. Love is one, though its expressions are infinite," he started. "And in these times, finding love is all the more worthwhile."

Audrey had to admit; he was right. When she decided to go find Draco, she never fathomed this was where she would be standing less than a year later. The girl never thought she would find love in the midst of the war, but it happened, and she was definitely glad she did.

"It is fitting to speak briefly about love. We live in a world of joy and fear and search for meaning and strength in the seeming disorder. We discover the truest guideline to our quest when we realize love in all its magnitudes. Love is the eternal force of life. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. But, you must be of love a little more careful than of anything. For the giving of yourself in love is difficult: you must learn to give of your love without total submission of yourself. Therefore, in your giving, give your joy, your sadness, your interest, your understanding, and your knowledge–all expressions that make up life. But in this giving, remember to preserve yourself–your integrity, your individuality. This is the challenge of love within marriage," Kingsley went on. "Though I have a sneaking suspicion that these two will not have that problem. Together, they have faced unforeseen obstacles, and they have overcome. Their biggest challenge, however, is yet to come. They have also written their own vows." The man paused for a moment, turning to Draco, allowing him to begin.

Audrey watched her soon-to-be husband pull out a small slip of paper, noticing his hand shaking. "Many years ago, I stood under the Quidditch pitch, getting ready to start my first game. Standing next to me, was a girl. I happened to catch a glance of her smiling at me. Little did I know, that girl was you. Had I realized how amazing you were, I would've talked to you so much sooner. Alas, we can't turn back time, but I knew almost right after we got together, that this is what I wanted more than anything else. I know I'm far from perfect, but I promise that from this day forward I'm going to do my best to be the best husband I can be. You deserve perfection, and that's what you're going to get. I love you, Audrey, and I hope that this is only the beginning of something as beautiful as you are."

Somewhere in the middle, Audrey felt the tears in her eyes beginning to flow unchecked. She wasn't thinking that Draco was going to say anything like that. As the girl went to wipe her eyes, she handed Ginny her bouquet. After searching for a few moments, she realized she left her vows inside. She was just going to have to wing it.

"Draco... I didn't think that this is where we would be standing either. Believe me when I say that I wasn't expecting this when I went to bring you back to school. These past ten months we've been through a lot. But through every test and trial, we've persevered. No matter what happened, we stuck together, and I always knew I could count on you for anything. When everyone was turning against us, against you, I honestly can say that I didn't once rethink us. In the end, I know the only people who's opinion matter when it comes to our relationship, is our own. My promise to you... I just hope I can continue to make you the happiest man on this planet," Audrey once again wiped her eyes. "I've loved you longer than I ever knew, and nothing is going to change that Draco."

On that note, Kingsley took control once again. He turned to face Draco. "Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take Audrey Michele McCarthy to be your wife, to love and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

Draco looked directly into Audrey's eyes, a huge smile on his face. "I do."

Kingsley turned to Audrey, "Do you, Audrey Michele McCarthy, take Draco Lucius Malfoy to be your husband, to love and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

Audrey didn't hesitate. "I do."

Kingsley looked away from the couple for a moment, asking no one in particular, "The rings?"

Artemis nodded, and on that cue, two small boys- twins with curly blond hair- came toddling down the aisle way. Each of the boys handed a ring to both Draco and Audrey before they ran back to their mother. Audrey checked the ring that was handed to her; she got the right one.

"They will now exchange the rings, a symbol of their unity," Kingsley announced.

Without another word, Audrey and Draco took each other's hands, carefully sliding the rings effortlessly onto the other's finger. Once that task was complete, the couple kept their hands interlocked, both knowing the moment they had been dying for was only moments away.

"May these two find happiness in their matrimony. May they live faithfully together, may they ever remain compassionate. May years be rich in the joys of life, and their days be long upon the earth," Kingsley concluded. "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Audrey felt Draco's right hand slip from hers, delicately pulling the veil over her head before he pulled her into the first kiss they would share as a married couple. The moments passed like minutes, and even though it only lasted a few seconds, Audrey never wanted it to end. When she opened her eyes, most of the guests were on their feet, most in tears like she was.

"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy," Kingsley ended.

With that, Draco wrapped an arm around the girl's waist as he led her down the aisle back towards the manor. Audrey's mind started drifting towards the reception, which was to be held on the other side of the manor grounds, she couldn't help but notice something out of the corner of her eye as she passed by her guests.

Her mother was standing off to the side, hardly sticking out among the décor. She did come...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 2 30
Olivia and Draco are enemies until their 6th year of school and find out they are to be wed. With Draco's impending doom of becoming a death eater an...
696K 12.8K 38
Not everything is as it appears at Hogwarts this year. Andrea Rose is the reigning Princess of Slytherin, and it is no surprise that she has a long a...
107K 2.6K 49
Isabelle's Final year! She's engaged to Draco, secretly. Expect for her Dad. He already knows. But what happens if Draco and Belle couldn't hold it...
8.4K 131 20
[COMPLETED and not edited] Ginny Weasly decides to stop falling for Harry Potter and move on. Draco comes along and slowly tries to grab her heart, e...