Breathing In

By hellaxhemmings

After the accident, Luke might have to try to start over if he really wants to win Alex back. More

Chapter // One
Chapter / / Two
Chapter // Three
Chapter // Four
Chapter // Five
Chapter // Six
Chapter // Seven
Chapter // Eight
Chapter / / Nine
Chapter // Ten
Chapter // Eleven
Chapter // Twelve
Chapter // Thirteen
Chapter // Fifteen
Chapter / / Sixteen
Chapter // Seventeen
Chapter // Eighteen
Chapter // Nineteen
Chapter // Twenty
Chapter / / Twenty One
Chapter // Twenty Two
Chapter / / Twenty Three
Chapter // Twenty Four
Chapter // Twenty Five
Chapter // Twenty Six
Chapter // Twenty Seven
Chapter // Twenty Eight
Chapter//Twenty Nine
Chapter // Thirty
Chapter // Thirty One
Chapter // Thirty Two
Chapter // Thirty Three
Chapter // Thirty Four
Chapter // Thirty Five
Chapter // Thirty Six
Chapter // Thirty Seven
Chapter // Thirty Eight
Chapter // Thirty Nine
Chapter // Forty
Chapter // Forty One
Chapter//42
Hey!

Chapter // Fourteen

206 8 2
By hellaxhemmings

"Have you remembered anything more yet? ..Maybe anything about me?" Luke says hopefully. I lightly shake my head. "That's okay.. I was thinking tonight you could come hang ou- meet the guys? We all used to hangout a lot.. They've been asking me if they could see you, but I wanted to make sure everything was cool between us first. "The guys?" I say questionably. "The guys I've been on tour with for the past few months. I'm kinda hoping that seeing them will make you remember a little bit more.." Now I realize that he was talking about the guys that Zoe would absolutely freak out over.

I nod my head slowly, thinking over slowly thing slightly second guessing the idea. But that changes immediately when I see his smile brighten, turning on his heel motioning me to follow him. We walked for about five minutes before he broke the silence,

"So.. Hows your mom and um Hunter?" The awkwardness is so thick in the air, nearly suffocating me. I hesitate before answering, not exactly knowing how he feels about Hunter.

"Uh well my mum is well, and Hunter is doing good. He just got promoted at his new job, so he's been picking up hours."

"Oh, thats good. Whats his new job?" A curious look spreads across his face, causing a small smile come onto mine.

"He's a uh mechanician, he works at Midas, yea um he really likes it." I say, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Thats good, well uh here we are!" I look over and see an apartment complex, completely brick and a small sign hanging above the door, "The Grande Apartment Complex"

Luke is quick to run up to the steps, but when he sees how cautious I am, he turns towards me and walks back with a small smile on his face. I look up at his with my hands shoved in my pockets so I keep warm. Luke slowly reaches for one of my hands, and pulls it out of my pocket to hold in his. My freezing hands automatically warm up and I suddenly feel more comfortable. I take a deep breathe with my eyes closed. When I open them back up I start walking to the steps with Luke along my side.

"They might come on a little bit too strong, but only because they think you're used to it." Luke chuckles as we walk into the main room of the apartment complex.

He opens the door and tells the boys he's back. All of a sudden three boys run out of no where, which freaked me out a little. They all stare at me blank faced. I start to back up when they all ran over to me and gave me hugs. I start to panic. I might have known these guys but I don't anymore.

"Guys. She doesn't remember you. Please take it easy." Luke says to help me out from the hugs.

"We're sorry, Alex. Didn't mean to scare you."

"Um it's ok. I'm sorry I don't remember you.."

I look around the room. Nobody seems familiar, but I kinda remember this place. I can faintly remember the couch that's sitting in the living room. There's a guitar leaned against in at the end, which brings a few memories back. I slowly walk towards the couch while the boys back away. When I reach it I reach my hand down and touch the fabric with my fingertips. I close my eyes as I sit down to try to concentrate on the memory that's slowly coming back to me.

"Sit here, Alex!" Luke says with a cheerful voice. He was so excited to show me his new apartment he planned the whole night out. I sit down on the couch with a laugh as I scan the room. Ashton's sitting next to his drum set with his girlfriend sitting on his lap.

I open my eyes and see all of the boys staring at me. I look over at the same boy that was in my memory with a smile on my face. "Ashton?" I say confused. All of the guys, besides Ashton, turn their attention towards him, while he keeps staring at me with his eyes widened. He nods his head frantically after a few seconds and comes rushing towards me. He sits down on the couch next to me and starts to shake. "What else do you remember?" He asks quietly. I look over at Luke, and see him with his hands covering his mouth. He looks like he's about to cry. I look forward and try to remember more.

When I try to focus even harder I see nothing. Nothing comes to my mind. I look up at Ashton and lightly shake my head. He looks at me with a genuine smile on his face. "May I?" He asks. I nod my head and lean in to hug Ashton. He looks at me like I'm his sister, but I can hardly remember anything about him. When he wraps his arms around my back a million different instances of the same arms around me come rushing into my head. It makes me feel like I've known Ashton my whole life. When I pull out of the hug Ashton looks up at the rest of the guys.

"Do you remember them?"

I look around the room again and at their faces trying to connect pieces together. I just can't remember more.

"No. I'm sorry." I say about to cry. They know me and want me to remember, but I can't remember everything.

"It's ok Alex. At least you remember a few things. Your memory is coming back slowly." Luke says walking towards me.

"A little. I'm just scared of what I'm going to remember."

"It's ok. Whatever you remember will help you."

I nod. I sit on the couch next to Ashton.

"I'm glad you're giving him a chance."

I smile. "I just feel safe around him. I feel really special when I'm around him."

"Well you are. Out of all the ladies wanting us he still wants you" He says letting out a laugh and a smile.

I let out a chuckle "I just wish I could remember our year together. "

"You will Alex. Don't worry."

I look at him then I stare at the ground. I want to remember. I need to remember.

"Who wants to watch a movie?" Asks the Asian looking one.

"A movie would be cool... Um... ?" I agree and look at him.

"Oh right," he smacks his forehead. "I'm Calum. Calum Hood." I nod my head.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" asks um... What's his face?

Come on Alex, he's always dying his hair!

MICHAEL! His names Michael ... Cliff man?

No you piece of shit.

CLIFFORD! HIS NAME IS MICHAEL CLIFFORD.

"Michael?" I ask and look at him. All heads snap towards his direction. He closes his eyes.

"YASSSSSSSSS." He yells and laughs. I laugh lightly.

"We should watch 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower!" Says Luke while getting up and putting the movie in.

"Well shit mate you already put it in so I guess we're watching it." Laughs Calum.

"I'm going to order some pizza." Ashton suggests and walks out of the room.

Luke walks out too and after a minute he brings a blanket. He sits next to me and wraps the blanket around us.

"I thought you might be cold." He whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Thank You." I say, under the blanket I can feel Luke's hand intertwine with mine. He just looks at me and smiles, and I do the same.

"Okay let the movie begin! Keep it PG Everyone! I'm talking to you Luke." Ashton comes back into the room and points at Luke. He just laughs and winks at Ashton.

--------------------------

"Alex, Alex wake up." Luke shakes me awake. When did I fall asleep?

"Huh?" I ask groggily.

"It's almost midnight. You want to stay with me for the night?" Luke asks.

I nod my head without realizing it. I feel Luke's strong arms carry me bridal style into his room. I guess since he's the youngest he gets his own room.

He lays me gently on the bed.

"Do you want some of my clothes?" He asks while stripping down into his boxers. I can't help but stare at his beautiful body. Oops.

"Please." I say, still half asleep. He opens some drawers and pulls out a white t-shirt and a pair of his boxers.

I grab them blindly and change in the bathroom. His t-shirt reaches mid thigh and I have to roll up his boxers about three times. When I walk out he's on his phone, his eye brows furrowed.

"I still tired oh my god." I say and lay down, pulling the covers over my body. I feel Luke get under the covers with me. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"You know Luke." I Start and yawn.

"Hm?" He asks and draws circles on my hip.

"I had a wonderful dream. Me and you were at a lake? Yea it was a lake. And it was so calm and beautiful and the moon was out. We started messing around and it ended up with both me and you in the water. And then you just pulled out a blanket from the car and we laid there all night. You kept on mumbling "I love you's" and I kept saying it back. It was beautiful."

He stops drawing circles and looks into my eyes.

"That wasn't a dream. That was a memory." He breathes out and smiles.

I weakly smile back and snuggle into his chest.

"Please don't ever leave me." I mumble and fall asleep again. But I hear one more thing before I black out.

"Never."

(A/n: this is katie, but we all wrote a little of this chapter so Lilith could get some sleep since she's not feeling on the up and up! I hope you guys like the chapter!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 104 23
Part 2 They broke out - Will they stay out?
Don't Stop By Rae

Fanfiction

342 23 23