If Mayors Ruled The World [Du...

By moniqueph

This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body... More

Author's Note
"Apo"
"What If"
"Offer"
"His Happy Place"
"Leni"
"Threat"
"Root cause and action plan"
"King and Queen"
"Dark Horses"
"Thinking of You"
"Confrontation"
"Still Into You"
"Ikaw pa rin"
"Left Turns"
"Close but not close enough"
"Checkmate"
"Foreknowledge"
"Camarines Sur"
"Forthcoming"
"Rolling Thunder"
"The Heart in the Midst"
"Double cross"
"Mr. Firebrand"
"Meet me in Calabanga"
"Blackmail"
"What would you do if you know you'd never get caught?"
"Sonnet 87"
"Better days"

"Atonement"

150 8 6
By moniqueph

A/N: Madami nang nagtatanong, pati sarili ko tinanong ko na kung kailan ba ako maguupdate so HERE. WE. ARE! Haha! Enjoy! :)

--

Digong PoV

Undisclosed location

(M: Moises, D: Digong)

D: "Hello? Moises?"

M: "Mr. President?"

I had to laugh.

D: "Mayor nalang,"

He laughed as well.

D: "How are you?" I asked him.

M: "I'm fine sir, ikaw?"

D: "Buhay pa. Masamang damo e," I tell him and he laughed a bit louder but stiffled.

M: "Mas masama yata ako kasi pangalawa ko na ito," He told me and I smiled. 

D: "Siguro nga. Just stay put where you are. I'm sorry if pigilan ko meeting mo with Leni."

M: "How did you know we have a meeting?"

D: "I know everything, Moises."

He laughed. M: "Clearly. Please keep her safe, Mayor. Ok na ako dun."

D: "She will always be safe with me."

--

I hung up the call and made another one.

"How's Leni?"

"Okay po siya sir, pero umiiyak po kanina."

"So paanong okay siya tapos umiiyak?" I demanded.

"Nag-wworry po siya sa inyo sir,"

I sighed. "Try to calm her down.

- I'll see her later."

--

Jesse PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I had to run.

I wiped the last stains off my face as I breath heavily in an open lot in a quiet subdivision at the outskirts of my beloved Naga. I asked the driver of the vehicle to drop me here to lessen suspicion. I heard from the people around that security was tightened in our city as an explosion was heard from another private neighborhood and the Vice President is sighted near Magsaysay Avenue. I looked up the heavens.

Rain drops drizzled lightly on my face as I felt fresh tears form in my eyes. I wanted to cry loudly but I can't. I am tired and stressed, physically, mentally and emotionally. I know this is just a moment so I embraced it. I cried as much as I want and as long as I can. After a while, I wiped my tears with my sleeves and breathed normally. I looked up and the light rain stopped. It's a sign, I thought. I stood up and said a little prayer to Ina. I know she will be with me throughout this journey as she's always been. I smiled to myself as I walked slowly out of the lot. 

It was blurry but as soon as an explosion broke out at the Shrine, a strong force pulled me out of the situation and took me back to Naga - and I think it's the President because he's the one who told me to meet Leni in Naga instead. I was told by the man who fetched me that the President knows. He told me that we were lured in but by planning our escape, we made them aware that we know. I'm still assessing who could have done this but there's a part of me that thinks this might be Grace. I do hope she is safe.

I pass by a carinderia and entered inside. I ordered a hot bowl of Kinalas and watched the news. News was all about the explosion here in Naga and no word about what happened at Calabanga. They reported that the Vice President is safe and secure and no one was hurt in the explosion. Clearly, news reports got it wrong - they thought it's Leni who's affected by the explosion. No one knew the President is also in Naga - or it is not reported much enough. I finished my meal and quietly left. I see a lot of security detail in the main roads and I suddenly wondered where Leni is. I decided to give her a call.

3 rings and no answer. I decided to drop it when I heard her voice. (M: Moises, L: Leni)

L: "Sec?"

M: "Ma'am VP? I hope it's not a bad time."

Silence.

I cleared my throat.  M: "Can..we still meet?"

L: "Sorry Sec, wag nalang po muna ngayon, medyo, um, naghigpit ang security.."

M: "Ok lang ok lang, sige next time nalang. Um, I hope you're okay."

L: "Ok lang po ako Sec, thank you po."

I can't believe we suddenly have an awkward conversation. 

M: "Sige ma'am, thank you for taking my call. I'll hung up now."

L: "Sec?"

M: "Yes ma'am?"

L: "Yung offer mo ba kay Grace as your VP, seryoso?"

I was taken aback by her question, then I remember I asked her before and asked her again to be my VP. I felt my heart break.

M: "I'm sorry, Ma'am. I didn't -"

L: "Ok lang Sec." I was about to explain myself when I heard her clear her throat and continued,

L: "I hope she accepts this time."

--

Leni PoV

Undisclosed location

I hung up before I get to hear his explanation. I took a deep breath and said a little prayer to calm myself. I texted my youngest, Jillian with "you won anak, hehe" and she called me in excitement. We laughed and cried and laughed again. I'm glad she called. I've been wanting to talk to someone about what's happening so far and finally my prayer's been answered. When I hung up the call, I noticed a series of messages from the Secretary.

"Ma'am VP, I'm sorry to bother you but let me talk to you."

"Ma'am VP, let me explain."

"Ma'am VP, let me know if I can call."

I just looked at the messages with no intent of replying. I may be numb or still hurting on what he said on TV. I do not know if I can still believe anything he says relating to that after what he said earlier. I closed my phone and looked at my security detail.

"Puwede ba ako magtanong?" I ask him. His eyes bulge but he nodded. "Kamusta si Presidente?"

"He's ok, ma'am." came the short answer. I nodded and opened my Kindle app to try and read a book. I tried reading for a few minutes but I'm distracted. I opened Free Flow and played the game but I also stopped after a few minutes. I sighed. I decided to just close my eyes and try to sleep when my phone rang. 

It's the President. (D: Digong, L: Leni)

L: "Mr. President?"

D: "Leni,"

L: "Sir, um, how are you?" I heard my voice cracking and tried to control myself. 

D: "I'm fine, I'm sorry about a while ago. How are you there?"

L: "I'm fine also, are you still at Naga?"

D: "I cannot answer that here.."

L: "I'm sorry sir, um, let me know po if -"

D: "But I can show you my answer," he said and my eyes bulge. I did not move in my seat but I saw one of the security detail in front of me, smirk. 

"Leni?" came his clearer voice. I had to take a deep breath as I felt his presence in the room. I slowly stand up and looked back. Indeed, it's him.

"Mr. President," I say more to myself as he smiled at me. 

He walked slowly towards me as I stay put in my place. I noticed our security slowly turn their backs on us, some smiling. I can hear my breathing and my heart beating. I forced a smile. 

"Leni," He repeated my name, smiling widely his eyes disappearing. I just nodded, trying to hold back my emotions ready to burst out. He raised his arms.

"Akala ko ba gusto mo akong yakapin?"

--

Jesse PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I lost her. Again.

I went inside Biggs and sat on the empty seat at the far corner. I put my hands on my face, elbows on the table. I thought about her words again, for the nth time. She did not answer my follow up text messages and I confirmed that I lost her again and it breaks my heart. I was overwhelmed in doing everything to protect her only to forget about her. My coffee came and I thanked the server who, suddenly, did a double take on me.

I saw my sunglasses on the table.

Shit. I grabbed it and wore it. 

"Um," the lady server started. 

"Marhay man, (Salamat)", I just tell the lady and she just nodded. I dare not look back at her. 

"I'm a mess," I tell myself as I look at my coffee. On the bright side, I should be glad she's okay. Of course, Jesse, she's okay. The President will make sure she's okay. I forced a smile and drank my coffee. "I'm mess but I can still make it," I tell myself. "What I did was a risk I have to take. I can still make it." I convinced myself as I finished my coffee and wore back my cap.

"What I can still make, I'm not sure, but eyes on the prize - her safety."

--

Leni PoV

Undisclosed location

"Sir," I just looked at him but I'm already smiling, shaking my head a bit.

"What's holding you back, Leni? Nakatalikod na yung ibang PSG o, gusto mo ba -" He asked and I cut him as I almost jump on him and hug him tight. I need to get out all these emotions!

"Are you okay?" I ask him as I buried my face on his shoulders. I felt his head move on my neck.

"I'm okay, ikaw?" He asked back and I just nodded. I felt his hands move to my waist and tickled me. I giggled as I let him go. I held his shoulder blades.

"Can you tell me what happened back there?" I ask him. He just smiled. 

"Ang importante, parehas tayong okay. You said you wanted to talk to me?" He asked.

I remember Sec Moises. I look down on my shoes. I pulled him towards the sofa and sat beside him, not letting go of his hand. 

"Is Sec Moises okay?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?"

"Um, did you see his press earlier with Grace Poe?"

He smiled at me. "You know Leni why we're here?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Because of Grace. We're both here because of Grace."

I look at him and he's just smiling. I thought of all the things I want to tell him, to ask him but I just looked at him. He did not move and he's just smiling at me, massaging my hand he's holding. 

I do not understand a lot of things but his look is assuring me everything's going to be okay. He said he ran because Grace ran and I was asked to ran because Grace declined my party's offer. Now, Grace is also the cause why I felt bad towards Sec. Moises. I felt fresh tears on my eyes. I look down and wiped it with my other hand. 

I felt his grip tighten and his other hand lift my chin. He moved closer. "Don't cry, my lady. Everything's going to be okay. I will be here with you." I nodded at him as he wipe away my tears. 

"Thank you sir."

"Also, do not worry about Moises. He will always be okay, I assure you. He's on the good side of god so he'll be fine."

"Opo."

"Are you supposed to meet him?"

I'm a bit surprised he knew. I nodded. "Yes sir. It's about his offer as his VP."

"Ah, tatanggapin mo na?" He asked, looking at our holding hands.

I leaned forward to him as he raised his head again, our face just inches away from each other. I give him a kiss on the forehead. 

"No."

--

Jesse PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I went to the office of the Mayor and talked to some people about their information on what happened in Naga. I also coordinated with the Governor of Camarines Sur on what happened in Calabanga. I asked them if they can help me trace a particular number if they have any contact. The Governor looked at me.

"Sec, this number has been calling me earlier."

"Really? Who is it?"

He showed me their text messages, details of which were about what time I'll be at Calabanga and where they should lead me. As he scrolled up, explaining things, I saw a familiar name. 

Ow.

So that's why she's so keen to meet me in Calabanga.

--

I asked for a press conference from the office of the Mayor to report on these explosions. I' m not ready to answer all the questions about the events but I must say something important. As the questions about the events wane down, one reporter asked about my offer for Grace, salamat sa tanong niya.

"What about it?" I asked the reporter.

"Sir, do you think she'll accept?"

I smiled and looked at the camera. "Grace if you're watching, I know and you know we both want this. I know you'll run with me. Let's us do this Madame. To prove na seryoso ako sa offer ko sa'yo Ma'am, here,"

I took off my DILG cap and put it in front of me for everyone to see.

"I am resigning as DILG undersecretary to be your President."

--

When the press conference ended, with more questions than answers, I go to a small corner of the room to say a little prayer. Ina, my goal from the beginning is still very clear to me: keep Leni safe.

Kahit na kailangan ko siyang iwanan para kaibiganin ang kalaban.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 9 16
โš ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐งโš  โš ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌโš  โš ๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐‘๐„๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐ˆ๐๐†โš  This book is inspired by @KumoriTodoroki234 I searched up...
12K 572 11
Aika Robredo x Female Reader One Shots DISCLAIMER: This is a work of pure fiction. Any semblance to works, names, places in real life are unintention...
67.2K 1.5K 34
SIX YEARS - BOOK 1 President Rody Duterte and VP Leni Robredo agrees to pretend that they are together until the end of their six year term in order...
25.3K 1.3K 16
What will happen a Minister's lost wife come back with his five years child? By source, Minister killed her five years ago? He have girlfriend now- T...