Harry Potter and the Altered...

By SamanthaPerry0

Percy Jackson was nineteen, nearly twenty years old and was the boss of an aquarium of his own. Demigod life... More

Warning for Story
Prologue: The Abused Boy
Chapter 1: The Letter
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: Classes
Chapter 5: The Duel
Chapter 6: Halloween Feast
Chapter 7: The Match Disaster
Chapter 8: Christmas Parties
Chapter 9: The New Years Party
Chapter 10: The Mirror
Chapter 11: The Forest
Chapter 12: The Minion
Chapter 13: Summer Holidays
Chapter 14: The House Elf and Diagon
Chapter 15: The Dysfunctional Platform
Chapter 16: New Friends and Second Year
Chapter 17: Babied Plants and An Idiot Professor
Chapter 18: Teaching DADA and the Strange Ravenclaw
Chapter 19: The Black Lake
Chapter 20: I Swear I Really Did Hear a Voice in the Wall
Chapter 21: Deathday Party is a Thing Apparently
Chapter 23: Lockhart (As Usual) Makes a Fool of Himself
Chapter 24: The Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 25: Christmas Hols
Chapter 26: The Diary
Chapter 27: T.M.Riddle
Chapter 28: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 29: Recap
Chapter 30: Reveal
Chapter 31: Summer Year 2
Chapter 32: The Dog
Chapter 33: Wanted Sirius Black
Chapter 34: Dementors
Chapter 35: First Day Classes
Chapter 36: The Wardrobe Seems Possessed
Chapter 37: The Werewolf
Chapter 38: The Giant Sleepover
Chapter 39: The Haunted Game
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: The Patronus
Chapter 42: The Interesting Case of Sirius Black
Chapter 43: Exams with a New Creature
Chapter 44: Welp, Never Getting a Rat as a Pet
Chapter 45: Moony and his Cub
Chapter 46: The Godfather Oath and an Idiot Minister
Chapter 47: Summer Year 3
Chapter 48: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 49: The World Cup
Chapter 50: What in Hades is the Dark Mark Doing at the World Cup?
Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4
Chapter 52: The Three Unforgivables
Chapter 53: The Other Schools
Chapter 54: Harry's Idea
Chapter 55: The Unintentional Fourth Champion
Chapter 56: First Duel of the Dueling Tournament
Chapter 57: Oh Look Another Dragon
Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament
Chapter 59: The Ear Splitting Shriek That Neville Says Comes Out of the Egg
Chapter 60: Yule Ball
Chapter 61: I Gain New Friends
Chapter 62: The Mad Couch...I Mean Mr.Crouch
Chapter 63: The Third Task
Chapter 64: The Reveal
Chapter 65: The Hidden Minion
Chapter 66: The Parting of Ways
Chapter 67: Summer Year 4
Chapter 68: The Cold Wind
Chapter 69: The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 70: The Idiot Minister
Chapter 71: The Warnings From a Hat
Chapter 72: That's It, Dolores Umbridge is From Tartarus
Chapter 73: It Was Not Worth It
Chapter 74: A Godly Wrath

Chapter 22: The Writing in Blood

13.1K 564 122
By SamanthaPerry0

I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Underlines - Quotes from the book

Parseltongue

"What's going on here? What's going on?" (section deleted) Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd that had been gathering around Harry and his friends. Then he saw Mrs.Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror. "My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked.

Harry could feel tears starting to gather in his eyes as he thought about Mrs.Norris and how easily it could've been his cat, Eclipse, or even Draco's cat, Artemis.

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Neville, and Luna and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket. "Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Longbottom, Miss Lovegood." Lockhart stepped forward eagerly. (- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 140)

"My office is nearest, Headmaster — just upstairs — please feel free —"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore.

The silent crowd parted to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore; so did Professors McGonagall and Snape.

As they entered Lockhart's darkened office there was a flurry of movement across the walls; Harry saw several of the Lockharts in the pictures dodging out of sight, their hair in rollers. The real Lockhart lit the candles on his desk and stood back. Dumbledore laid Mrs. Norris on the polished surface and began to examine her.(- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 141)

Harry ignored Lockhart's rambling and instead focused his magic on Mrs.Norris, mindful of Dumbledore's own magic running over the cat. With surprising amount of control, Harry kept out of Dumbledore's magic as he blinked in surprise.

Somehow, Mrs.Norris was alive, she just wasn't moving. There was a term on the tip of his tongue that just couldn't be said making him feel frustrated and slightly annoyed as he was sure his Aunt Annabeth has said this word a few times when they say each other.

"She's not dead, Argus," Dumbledore said softly. 

Lockhart stopped abruptly in the middle of counting the number of murders he had prevented.

"Not dead?" choked Filch, looking through his fingers at Mrs.Norris. "But why's she all — all stiff and frozen?"

"She has been Petrified," said Dumbledore ("Ah! I thought so!" said Lockhart). "But how, I cannot say...."(- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 142)

Gravely, Dumbledore turned toward Harry and his friends. "While I don't want to, I have to ask if you know anything about what occurred? I'm not saying you done this, no second year could, but did you see of hear anything?" Dumbledore asked as Filch starting crying and petting Mrs.Norris softly.

Harry debated with himself for a minute before deciding to tell the truth. "There was a voice I had been hearing. I thought someone might be playing a trick on me," Harry said with a half-truth, "like maybe a portrait or something and I started following it in case it wasn't lying. It was talking about how hungry it was and that it wanted to kill. By the time I caught up, the voice was gone and we found Mrs.Norris," Harry said softly.

"We must also ask why you weren't at the feast," Professor McGonagall said.

"We were going to head to the kitchens," Harry said, "we figured actual dinner would've been done and I didn't want to eat just desserts for dinner. We came back from this Deathday Party the ghosts were having." 

"You can check with the ghosts and Professor Sprout and Professor Flitwick as we needed their permission to go," Neville said making sure the Professor's knew they had permission and a reason for being in the halls.

Dumbledore nodded, seeming to believe the second years before

"We will be able to cure her, Argus," said Dumbledore patiently. "Professor Sprout recently managed to procure some Mandrakes. As soon as they have reached their full size, I will have a potion made that will revive Mrs. Norris."

"I'll make it," Lockhart butted in. "I must have done it a hundred times. I could whip up a Mandrake Restorative Draught in my sleep —"

"Excuse me," said Snape icily. "But I believe I am the Potions master at this school."

There was a very awkward pause.

"You may go," Dumbledore said to Harry, Neville, and Luna. They went, as quickly as they could without actually running.

"I'll explain more soon, right now I think we just need to cool down a bit and then get some sleep. The House Elves can make up some hot chocolate, calms our magic and makes it easier to think," Harry said softly as he took his two best friends towards the kitchens.

They were quite for a while as they entered the kitchens to see the House Elves working all around them. But because Harry was generally a regular two of the House Elves instantly came over and lead Harry and his friends toward a crook of a window that had the perfect view of the Black Lake.

The Elves seemed to know what they needed even without words, or maybe it was Hogwarts helping them by guiding them, but Harry noticed that the trio were quickly handed Hot Chocolate and some toast that would be easy on their upset stomachs.

The trio settled on the blankets and pillows that were in the crook as they let their minds settle and hearts beat less rapidly. Harry was surprised to note another face enter the kitchens.

Somehow he wasn't surprised Draco had found them and was joining them in the crook, Draco and Neville on one side, Harry and Luna on the other. All three just basking in the other's presence.

"You guys scared me when the rumor went around that you have found Mrs.Norris," Draco said as he let his shoulders finally relax.

"Sorry for worrying you," Harry muttered as he curled himself and allowed his magic to run over his friends, reminding him and his magic that they were safe and away from danger.

He felt Luna's magic join his and Harry calmed even more as the two magics' just basked in the the others.

"I suppose I should explain what happened?" Harry asked and saw his three friends nod even as Luna took his hand.

"Only if you want to," she said softly as she gave his hand a soft clench. She moved to pull her hand away but quickly stopped when Harry clenched her own hand in a silent question.

He wanted the support, especially because he didn't know quite how his friends would react.

"It starts a lot earlier then today. When my dad adopted me, he wanted me to experience life that wasn't abuse. Once he took me to a Zoo, and when we were in the reptilian habitat, I saw this snake there. I don't really remember what really happened afterward, but my magic seemed to connect in a way. I felt what it wanted and, I don't know, made connection. I could feel how depressed it was, always caged, never seeing the outside world but only the inside of his habitat. My magic acted up,-

"Accidental Magic," Neville said softly.

Harry nodded and continued," I didn't really have Accidental Magic, I could always control it to a degree. Most of the time it was about will power and your imagination, but this time I didn't mean to do anything. The glass wall that kept the snake in it's container disappeared and he slithered out. On his way, I heard the words "Thanks mate, adios." Harry took a deep breath feeling anxiety settle in his stomach and while it told him to stop talking, Harry knew he had to finish the story," at first I thought I had imagined it. But then my father and I started getting Grass Snakes and everytime I found one, I could always hear a voice. It wasn't until my father found me once that he told me that I was speaking to it in another tongue. After research, he found it was called-"

"Parseltongue," Draco's voice had surprise and awe in it as he looked at Harry.

Harry nodded and felt Luna rub his hand softly and he noted that his grip might've been hurting her as he tense and clenched her hand softer. Taking a deep breath, he loosened his grip on her and felt her continue to rub her thumb over his own.

"After finding out I could speak to snakes, nothing changed really, we had less of a snake problem at my house but I didn't have one as a familiar or pet. I wasn't expecting to hear one at Hogwarts. When I started hearing the one in the wall about killing and being hungry-"

"You wanted to help," Neville said with understanding in his eyes, Harry noted there was no fear, no hatred, just understanding.

"Yeah. From the few times I heard it, I think it was asleep for a while, only now waking and being hungry. Because he never feed on anyone here, I think we're going to have to be careful. It's still hungry which means-"

"It'll attack again. Right, we can make a plan with this information though," Draco's voice portrayed how serious he was.

"Alright, for now we don't go anywhere alone. We mostly have classes between the three of us, and because Harry and Neville are roommates, they will have an easier time, just stay together with someone here or someone from your house," Draco said as he looked between his friends. "I'll research with the help of Daphne and Blaise. I trust them to keep quite that is, if you're alright with me telling them?"

Harry paused and thought the request over before nodding softly. "I think we can trust them. But the less said about it the better, I know how the wizardry world of Britain thinks of Parseltongue. Which I find interesting because Australia praise and respects those with the gift. Probably because of how many snakes are there.

With the plan set and their minds more settled, the four left the kitchens and went back toward the rooms, Neville and Harry leading Draco and Luna to their rooms before going to their own. They didn't want to wait even a day before starting the pairing system they talked about.

Word Count: 1753

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 697 13
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON (RICK RIORDAN) OR HARRY POTTER (J.K ROWLING). Ten-year-old Percy Jackson is an orphan. On his eleventh birthd...
88K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...
297K 9.5K 94
When Lily has a favourite cousin who she considers to be the best sister she has who accepts her for being a witch more than Petunia and also be her...
87.2K 2.9K 26
[THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. PLEASE CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR TGE REWRITTEN VERSION.] [No Mythology] Percy Jackson was born into a life of manipulation...