Silent Whispers.

By aanavats01

Part 2 of my story - Hearts Whispers. Read part one before reading this story. "Why do you love your stupid g... More

Introduction!!
Chapter 1 - Clueless!!
Chapter 2 - Better Good-bye!!
Chapter 4 - Kabir Malhotra!!
Chapter 6 - Let Go Or Let In!!
Chapter 7 - Sun and Moon!!
Chapter 8 - Going India!!
Chapter 9 - Destiny!!
Chapter 10 - Engagement part 1!!
Chapter 11 - Guardian Angel!!
Chapter 12 - Moon And Stars!!
Chapter 13 - Tour Guide!!
Chapter 14 - Urgent Talk!!
Chapter 15 - Personal assistant!!
Chapter 16 - Rules List!!
Chapter 17 - The Assistant!!
Chapter 18 - Warning!!
Chapter 19 - Helping Aashi!!
Chapter 20 - New Friend!!
Chapter 21 - Strangers!!
Chapter 22 - Trip!!
Chapter 23 - Closure!!
Chapter 24 - The Plan!!
Chapter 25 - Marry me!!
Chapter 26 - Disclosure!!
Chapter 27 - Unbosom The Truth!!
Chapter 28 - Exposed!!
Chapter 29 - The End!!

Chapter 3 - Coffee Date!!

696 71 7
By aanavats01

🍁"Love, she said.
And That Is All"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir's P.O.V.

🎵🎵"I Like Me Better When I'm With You"🎵🎵

My mobile was ringing non-stop for the past ten minutes. I rushed out of my bathroom covering the lower part of my body with the towel and water dripping out of my hair wetting the floor behind me. Picking up another towel and encircling it around my neck, I walked to my mobile. Glancing at my mobile screen, I sighed. Naina was calling me.

Sighing I tapped the green button and placed my mobile on the speaker. "Hello", I said and walked to the mirror whilst drying my hair with my right hand with the towel. I placed my mobile on the dressing table and started getting ready.

"Good morning love", Naina greeted me in a very lovely way. Her voice is soothing. I liked the positive aura she has around her. It's comforting.

"Good morning", I replied. I couldn't manage to bring love, honey or sweetheart kinda endearing words for her. I can't help it. For me, she's just a friend. I don't want to be extra sweet to her because hope is a bi***h and I don't want to give her any false hopes.

"Did you sleep well?", She asked.

"Yep. You?", I asked as I put on my white shirt.

"It's evening here in India. I am on my way back home. I thought to call you and talk to you because then you'll be busy and will not pick up my calls", she said and I just glanced at my mobile screen. I feel bad for taking her for granted but she's the one who is not willing to let go of me. The most relationship I can have with her is as a friend. That's it.

Naina proposed me many times after Aashi's incident. I never agreed. Her parents asked my parents for our marriage and my parents accepted that offer. I didn't reject the proposal but I just took my time. Naina has been like a pillar of strength for me. She's showered me so much love that I couldn't be more thankful for. I've tried many times to like her back, to love her but somewhere deep inside, I still look for the same girl in Naina which I've lost years ago.

My Aashi!!

That innocence of her face, those dreamy eyes and blushed cheeks whenever she feels embarassed always manages to pull me towards her are absent in Naina. I've no right to compare her with Aashi but the heart wants what it wants. I want Aashi because no one else can make sense.

"How was your day?", I asked. I can only have a platonic relationship with Naina, that's it. She knows it too. I don't know why does she want to marry me? I can never give her any love, neither by my heart nor physically.

"Good. As usual hectic. When are you coming back?", She asked. I wore my watch and tucked my shirt inside my pants.

"In a week", I said as I combed my hair.

"Can I ask your purpose of staying back?", She asked.

"I wanted to explore the place", I lied through my teeth.

I want to meet Aashi, my heart whispered.

Or her doppelganger, my mind replied.

"Dhruv and Jay told me you wanted to stay for a little bit more. I'm taking off from the office. Do you want me to join?", She asked and I stopped combing my hair.

"I.. Naina, I just.. Thing is-", I stuttered.

"It's ok. I understand. Take your time", she responded and I just closed my eyes. Why am I so pathetic?

"I'm sorry", I sighed as I picked up my mobile and placed it next to my ear.

"Don't be. I've news to tell you", she replied back.

"What's that?", I asked.

"Our parents are planning a dinner meet", she said.

"Why?", I frowned. I don't like when our parents meet because they do something crazy in the aftermath of their meeting.

"For discussing our engagement", she sighed and I clenched my jaws. I couldn't respond for a few seconds because Naina will be hurt if I'll act like a jerk and she's a good girl who shouldn't feel bad about herself at all.

"When?", I asked.

"Tomorrow", she said. I just remain silent.

"I know you're not ready for this but it's been six years Kabir. I can't delay it anymore", she said.

"Naina, I'll talk to you after coming back to India", I said.

"Are you mad?", She confirmed.

"No. I'm not. I'll see you soon", I responded.

"Ok. Take care", she said.

"You too", I said and hang up. I fished my mobile in my pants pocket. I don't want to marry Naina. I don't want to ruin her life.

No, I'm not going to stop moving on in my life but I want to fall in love once again before marrying anyone. I can never like Naina like a lover. I don't think she and I can ever have a happy relationship. I don't want to involve myself in something temporary. I hope this stay here in New York turns out to be fruitful.

Tapping my heart and wishing myself, I picked up my jacket and left my room with the hope of seeing that girl again. I don't know whether I'll be able to see any one of the two girls or not.

God, please help me!!

**********************

Counting on my destiny, I walked back to the same route, I took for the last two days with my eyes searching for one particular face in the crowd of endless strangers. I reached the cafe taking my time staring at people around me. I know I'm having an impossible hope but magic can happen anywhere anytime. All you've to do is have faith. My heart is very positive that I didn't meet those two girls without a cause. They're meant to play a role in my destiny for sure.

I ordered a cappuccino and sat down on the end table to the cafe near the window. I picked up a magazine so that I don't look like a loser. I glanced around the cafe. I read all the faces sitting in the cafe and even noticed the ones coming and going out of the cafe. I tossed one hour somehow by ordering every now and then but I can't stay here for the rest of the day. I need to get up and take my ass out of here to look out for her somewhere else. I don't even know which girl I'm looking for but deep down I'd love to meet Veronica whose persona is like Aashi and not that badass girl who only speaks shit.

I walked out of the cafe holding my jacket close to my chest. It's ten in the morning and I'm clueless about the rest of the day. How am I going to survive for the next five days? Sighing, I decided to go to the book store. At least, I can read some books and kill my time. I took a detour to the book store. After an hour, I found myself standing outside the large wooden door which says, "Explore Another World".

"I need to finish that novel", I said to myself and walked inside. The place was empty at this early. The old lady at the reception was reading a novel. As soon as she heard the small doorbell over the door rang, she looked up from the pages of her books. A knowing smile made its way on her lips.

"Good morning young man", she said.

"Good morning", I replied as I walked to her.

"You're a man of words. I like that", she said and I just shrugged my shoulder.

I'm bored and I've nowhere to go. I need to kill the time, I thought.

"That's what I'm", I replied and she smiled.

"So, which book would you like to read?", She asked.

"The one I left half-read yesterday. It's called 'Hearts Whispers'. Can you give it to me?", I asked.

"Why not? Just walk inside and my assistant will give it to you", she said pointing her thumb towards her right.

"Ok. Thanks", I replied and made my way in the said direction. I walked in the lane of the bookshelves and found a girl standing on a chair busy arranging books on the top of the shelves.

She had worn a brown long coat and black jeggings. A red muffler was around her neck and her hair were tied in a loose bun. She had paired her outfits with brown boots and damn she smell good. I could easily smell her lavender perfume. Her back was towards me.

"Excuse me?", I said looking up. She stopped keeping books on the shelf and turned to look at her back. As soon as she turned around and looked down at me, my eyes widened. Her eyes widened too.

There she's, my heart whispered silently!

"You", she spun around so swiftly that she lost her balance and my reflexes came into action. I ran and hold her in my arms. She lay half on my arms with her legs still on the chair. To add more to the scene, I picked her up completely in the bridal style. Her big brown eyes were as wide as a soccer ball. After six years, I've seen this face again and that too this close to me.

She opened her mouth to speak but then close it back. Her eyes were reading mine with so much nervousness running in them. Her forehead was sweaty and a blush crept all over her cheeks. She started stealing glances from me. She looked here and there unable to form a sentence. Shamelessly, I kept holding her in my arms feeling the touch of her skin against mine. I felt nostalgic. I felt at home.

"Keep me down", she sushed. She's nervous, she's shy. She's like my Aashi. I obeyed to her command but my eyes refused to look away from her face. As soon as she was on her feet, she stepped back. Adjusting her dress, she pulled down the spectacles she had on her head to her nose and my heart had a mini heart attack.

She's my spooky!!

My eyes teared up. I felt I'm alive again. She glanced at me and her expressions softened. She took out her handkerchief and forwarded it to me. Looking away she said, "Are you ok?". My hands touched my cheeks and I realised I'm crying. Great. I made a fool out of myself.

I immediately wiped my tears away and replied, "I'm sorry". She nodded and took back her hand and placed the handkerchief back in her coat's pocket.

"You're the guy from the bus stop, right?", She asked. Even her voice resembles my Spooky.

"And you're Veronica?", I asked. She looked at me and then hesitantly nodded. I felt she wanted to say something to me but then held back.

"I work here. Do you need anything?", She asked.

"A book to read", I replied.

"Which one?", She asked raising her eyebrows at me. I was finding it hard to talk and not kiss her right away. Why do I feel such strong emotions for a stranger like her is beyond my imagination. Only her face resembles Aashi doesn't mean she's the girl I fall in love with.

"Suggest me one", I said not wanting to stop talking to her. I saw how her lips move when she talks. How can she resemble so much with Aashi? Her accent is different though.

"Ok. I can give you some recommendations", she said and started walking. I followed her. She's shorter than me. I can't tell her actual height as she's wearing high heel boots.

"Ok", I replied. She stopped in front of a bookshelf and picked out some books. On top of it was placed 'Hearts Whispers'. I smiled.

"You must read this one", she said handing me that novel and I chuckled.

"The owner of this shop told me that you can't write in these novels but I saw this novel had some handwritten messages", I said opening the novel and showing it to her.

"That's me", she said smiling sheepishly. Placing a hand at the corner of her mouth, she whispered, "Don't tell it to her".

"Ok only if you'll go out with me", I whispered back and smile on her face fades away.

"On a date?", She asked with her eyes widening again. This girl gets surprised easily.

"For a coffee", I replied and she started blinking her eyes again and again.

"Why?", She asked.

"I'm keeping your secret", I said showing the novel to her and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're bad", she said and I just laughed. I laughed from my heart after so long that it hurts. My eyes welled up thinking about her but I just blinked my tears well inside my eyes only.

"I never said I'm good", I said and she pouted.

"What's your name?", She frowned.

"My name is Ka-", I was cut off by a random girl.

"Can you give me some novels?", A random girl called out Veronica.

"Coming", She replied and then looked back at me.

"Ok. I'll come", she said.

"Great. This evening I'll pick you up from this place", I said.

"Ok", she said and walked away. Her hands touched mine as she walked past me and her touch lingers. I saw her getting busy in talking to other customers and I felt happy. Do I like her?

Yes you do, my heart whispered silently!!

---------------------------

Follow Me On Instagram: musicalsoul01.

Keep reading...
Love you all..
Aana..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1K 42
He loved her, Just like how much she loved him. He loved her, and he confessed just now. He loved her more than his dreams and goals. But could she b...
9.8K 1K 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
20.6K 500 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
8.6K 816 36
"You know what? If murdering a person was legal, i would have killed you without any second thoughts." He said in frustration. "And you know what? I...