Alpha โ™ก showki

By yerisberries

[ongoing] "I'll never be mated to a monster like you" In which Yoo Kihyun ends up being mated to one of the m... More

Prolouge
Characters โ™ก
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26.01
26.02
27
28
29.01
29.02
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39.01
39.02
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

25

3.1K 219 136
By yerisberries

3597 words. Grab your tea and buckle up because this chapter is a long one ;))

-

"It's too quiet."

Im Changkyun and Jung Daehyun were both looking down the street Kihyun lived on, the crossroad at the end lead to scattered housing, but bar from that, nothing. A lush green forest was the only thing that went on from the long street and surrounded the pack's boarders yet even that was deadly silent.

"It's tranquil?" Daehyun said hesitantly, scratching his nape and shaking his bangs out his face. Changkyun just kept a straight face saying nothing more or nothing less. Daehyun could sense there was something up, Changkyun wasn't usually the quiet type to say the least. He'd usually have started up multiple conversations by now.

"what's the matter?"

"I haven't seen anyone so far from Kihyun's pack, I have this horrible feeling something's going to happen" The pair had been waiting around 30 minutes already, in that time Kihyun had presumably made it to his house and was now with his family. However, none of them should've been worried. Shownu had said he'd got to meet with Alpha Yongguk, but then he would come and meet Kihyun's family with their pack Alpha. Yet 30 minutes later and both Daehyun and Changkyun were now seemingly on high alert.

"Really? You think so?" Daehyun barely managed to whisper. Changkyun nodded slowly.

"It wouldn't be this quiet for nothing..."

Snap.

Both Beta's jumped, also immediately drawing their blades behind them in the direction of the forest. Yet, the sight of a small bird on a low branch flying away made both of them sigh in relief.

"Bloody hell, we're going paranoid" Changkyun muttered, yet the faint noise of footsteps in the shrubs and whispers of human voices picked up by their wolf senses told the two to keep their swords drawn out.

"Speak of the devil aye?" Daehyun sniggered, Changkyun rolled his eyes as the voices and noises got progressively louder

"Shush! Who goes there!" Changkyun shouted, just as two figures appeared from the hedgerow, both dressed in the White Hope formal pack uniform, swords tied round their waists. Daehyun and Changkyun looked over at each other suspiciously, before looking back at the two new figures.

"Woah! No need to go pointing swords mate!" The one shouted, he smiled revealing dimples in his cheeks, yet he still looked sophisticated and charismatic when speaking. His black hair was styled back, his one hand on his own sword. Changkyun immediately picked up he was a Beta, presumably an elite.

His friend however remained straight faced and silent, his brown curly hair almost getting in his eyes. But there was something strange about him, he had such a presence, even more powerful that the black haired Beta, but Changkyun couldn't put a finger on what he was. Instead, a strange feeling crept up his spine.

"Sorry" Daehyun shouted back, Changkyun watched suspiciously as the innocent Beta besides him put his sword back in his holder, yet Changkyun kept his own drawn but lowered to his side.

"Don't get saying sorry-"

"Who are you" The charismatic one was interrupted by the other, his cold gaze landing upon the two Betas. Changkyun just stared at him for a while, Daehyun continued to speak.

"Elites from the Bloody Knight pack, escorts to Yoo Kihyun" Daehyun said enthusiastically as ever, yet the one Changkyun couldn't figure out remained expressionless.

"So you're the scumbags who invaded?" His expression suddenly changed, becoming more contorted in anger, frustration.

"Not us personally" Daehyun laughed nervously, shooting a cautious look over at his comrade.

"Look mate, I don't want to start anything, we're just here doing our job" Changkyun shouted over, Daehyun look a small step back as Changkyun clicked his sword back into the holder.

"Firstly, you're not my mate. Secondly, we're just doing ours" The expressionless male said slowly, more sinisterly, a smirk plastered his face as he spoke. Yet that wasn't the worst of it. As he blinked his eyes, the two beta's felt a wave of nausea and uneasiness hit them as his true eye color stared back at them.

Two red eyes started back at them.

This guy was an Alpha.

"Daehyun, run" Changkyun never broke his eye contact with the male, but from the corner of his eye he saw the concern and terror that was painted on Daehyun's face.

"What-" He almost stuttered, yet was cut off almost immediately.

"GO!" Changkyun screamed, shifting into his wolf form almost immediately before charging at both males.

"JOOHEON!" The newly discovered Alpha shouted at the charismatic one, who smirked and dodged Changkyun's canines that were aimed for his torso easily.

"ON IT!" The beta shouted, shifting gracefully before taking charge after Daehyun.

"Shit!" Changkyun said, turning his body violently, trying to adjust his path to chase the Beta going after Daehyun.

"Not so fast!" The Alpha growled, shifting almost immediately as well and holding Changkyun back by grabbing onto his tail with his paw and dragging him backwards.

"DAEHYUN! KEEP RUNNING!" Changkyun screamed as he struggled to get free from the Alpha's grip. He hoped to god that his Beta friend could run fast, but there was no time for hoping. He erupted quickly into a loud warning howl, yet it was short lived when a paw hit him directly in the throat, the claws digging into his flesh.

By experience, It was becoming clear that the quickest way to kill another wolf was always go for the throat.

Changkyun quickly moved backwards, launching his own claws at the Alpha and striking him on the torso. He winced for a second before growling, before Changkyun got to his feet and faced off with the Alpha. Another howl ripped through the sky, this one longer, a real warning sign. Luckily, to the host pack they were at, they wouldn't understand the true meaning of that howl.

Only members of the Bloody Knight pack would know what it meant- that was there was a traitor among the opposite pack elites, and that they were all about to be ambushed.

-

"Don't you think this place is a bit... too quiet?"

A confused Mingyu exclaimed as he dragged his feet under the dusty roadway, walking in circles. His loving mate Wonwoo was sat cross legged on a small wall, his sword laid across his lap, sighing in agreement with the latter.

"I feel the same, but we're not allowed to go any closer, Captains orders" Wonwoo huffed, rubbing his sensitive eyes. The dusty road was proving irritating for the older, Mingyu just sighed at him knowing it was his own fault for forgetting his glasses.

"Like Wonho would actually know if we got any closer" Mingyu muttered before turning and smirking at the older, who only shot him a look.

"Don't even think about it Gyu" he said sternly, earning the younger to burst into laughter.

"But seriously, it's quiet. Don't you think we should check on him?" Mingyu asked, as if on queue a horse drawn carriage filled with hay rolled past, the driver put a hand up to the two Beta's who nodded in response.

"It's not all that quiet. Besides, It looks like we're not a major threat anymore" Wonwoo said quietly as the man rode past, the ambient sound of horse hooves hitting concrete ran through the air.

"Excuse me! You who go there!" A voice from behind them suddenly made the duo turn suddenly, a man dressed in the White Hope pack uniform came strolling quickly over towards them.

"I'm guessing you're two from the Bloody Knight pack?" He said, Wonwoo got up and stood next to Mingyu before bowing slightly.

"We are, I'm presuming you're an elite from this pack?" Wonwoo asked, holding out a hand for the latter to shake.

"Jeon Wonwoo. This is Kim Mingyu. How can we be of your service" he said politely. He never usually did this, yet Wonho had told them to behave and be as polite as possible for once.

"How kind of you. I'm just known as Jongup round here. Are you guys the only ones here?" The male asked, Wonwoo immediately didn't like the aura the Beta was giving off... he was too... suspicious.

"At this side yes. Our two friends are guarding the other side" Mingyu obviously spluttered out, his mate wished he'd spared on the details a bit.

"Ah, how interesting..." he said, smile turning into a smirk. Mingyu looked over at Wonwoo, his mate could tell he hadn't even thought of the situation to be suspicious, maybe he was reading into it all too much. But he couldn't be the only one? He had to be honest, why would an elite suddenly approach them? Where was Alpha Shownu and Alpha Yongguk? Everything seemed too... strange.

But suddenly, as if someone had been hearing Wonwoo's thoughts, a warning howl ripped through the air momentarily, Mingyu and Wonwoo whipped round to look up the street, their senses picking up shouting and two figures approaching quickly.

"The hell..." Mingyu muttered, yet both suddenly jumped as Jongup shifted and started running in the direction of the howl.

"Something is seriously wrong here" Mingyu muttered again, Wonwoo shifted quickly before repeating the howl, this time for a longer period of time. Once he'd stopped, he turned to his mate and spoke quickly to him.

"Tell me about it, but first, let's get that Jongup guy"

-

"Sorry to keep you brother!" Youngjae declared as he entered the house again, Kihyun was sat around the table with Minhyuk, another seat was prepared for him, three cups of rich coffee sat in place on the table.

The three talked for at least 30 minutes, Kihyun totally forgot he didn't live here anymore, he felt so comfortable just sitting around the table with his family, obviously apart from Jooheon, who Youngjae had said he would be joining them later as he was caught up in pack duties.

But after those 30 minutes had passed, Kihyun wouldn't know that he would never be sitting around that table with Jooheon, not like this, ever again.

The warning howl's ripped through the sky around that time, Youngjae, Kihyun and Minhyuk all raced out the house between the first and second one to see the glimpse of a dirty blond wolf being chased by a larger, darker one, one that all three men recognized almost instantly. But instead of chasing the smaller wolf, he stopped to see his family instead.

"Jooheon..." Kihyun said as the Beta immediately walked up to him, enveloping him into a hug.

"What's going on?" Kihyun said quickly as he watched the small wolf run off into the distance, yet he suddenly stopped when he realized just who had ran past him.

"DAEHYUN!" He shouted loudly, only to get a hand smacked across his mouth.

"Jooheon!" Minhyuk shouted back in confusion, about to run over to Kihyun but was suddenly held back by Youngjae.

"Who was that? One of those scum?" Youngjae asked quickly to Jooheon, Kihyun's eyes widened.

"There was two of them, Alpha is dealing with the one, I'm sure Jongup will get that little one" he said, eyeing over in the direction Daehyun had ran. Jooheon removed the hand over Kihyun's mouth, only to be pushed back by Kihyun almost automatically.

"The hell are you two on about!" Kihyun shouted as a light brown wolf ran past the group. It barked a few times as it ran past, Jooheon's eyes flashed gold as he nodded to Youngjae, who immediately nodded back, before shifting into his own wolf and running off with the light brown one.

"Yoo Youngjae you better start explaining yourself this damn instance" Minhyuk said, his canines how starting to form in his mouth. He as well as Kihyun were extremely suspicious at what the hell was going on, why had Kihyun's friend been chased, who was the Alpha? Was someone else here? Another invader? Kihyun had heard the howl, yet he wasn't used to communicating with the elites in wolf form, only they and Shownu would know what was happening.

"KIHYUN!" A group shouted simultaneously. Kihyun looked over to see Wonwoo and Mingyu's wolves headed straight towards them, a hint of relief waved over him. Yet his eyes reverted to his little brother, his own eyes widened as Youngjae's ash grey wolf bore holes into his target, his friends, the elites of Shownu's pack.

"YOUNGJAE!" He shouted, the mate duo still continued to run in their direction.

"MINHYUK GET OUT OF HERE!" Kihyun shouted, just as he felt Youngjae's canines grabbing at his arm before he started running in the opposite direction. Kihyun screamed as he was dragged against the dusty tarmac and concrete road, the barks and growls of his friends fading as the young Beta of his brother ran quicker, outrunning them and heading into the danger.

"FUCKING HELL YOUNGJAE STOP!" Kihyun screamed, turning his human nails into claws ready to scratch his brother's legs to pieces in order for him to stop. Yet almost as soon as he was about to act, the grip on his arm dropped, the omega fell flat onto the floor, no longer being hauled across the floor. He groaned as he felt scratches and bruises forming on his stomach and arm, yet when he looked up his heart came up and choked him in the throat.

From behind them, he could see Alpha Yongguk and Shownu has already got here quicker than the elites, yet it had made no difference. Yongguk was lay on the floor, a male figure had his back facing Kihyun but he was sat on top of Yongguk, digging his claws into his chest. Shownu had deep scratches on his upper arms and blood running from the top of his forehead. He held a relieved expression as he saw Kihyun, but it suddenly changed again as the figure on top of Yongguk started laughing.

"Thank you Jae, you've been a great help" Youngjae stood behind Kihyun and bowed at the figure, who leaned back and turned his head just enough for Kihyun to see his identity.

"I'm glad you're here in one piece, considering your a vital part of my plan..." Seungcheol sat examining the Omega, his piercing red eyes glowed like a lightstick at a festival. Kihyun sat speechless, yet the barking of Wonwoo and Mingyu's arrival erupted the growing silence.

Youngjae drew a sword that had suddenly appeared by him, as Kihyun looked to the far side of Seungcheol, he saw Jooheon had thew it before shifting pack to wolf form. Changkyun's wolf form was bloodied, Wonwoo stood next to him and faced Jooheon and Jongup with teeth baring. Mingyu however, had found his way behind the four betas, he growled as he stalked closer behind his brother, who had already noticed him and drew his sword, pointing it at the Beta.

"Seungcheol... you're an Alpha..." Kihyun stuttered, a sick feeling rising in his chest. He chucked again, red eyes still tormenting everyone who saw them.

"Newly awakened after the passing of my father by my own hands. His power is now mine after so so long" he growled, Kihyun and the others could all feel the power coming from him, even Shownu and Yongguk looked worried.

"You killed your own father for power, what kind of monster are you" Yongguk spat, Seungcheol clicked his tongue at the annoyance of the Alpha below him. Kihyun had only heard the rumors in old folk tale, the one where power obsessed sons and daughters took their parents lives in the bid to steal their power, and he was starting to think it was more than just a tale.

"I'm doing this for my packs sake, for their future" Seungcheol growled again, all the elites on Shownu's side seemed to tense up.

"You have a pack? Wait what the hell is going on!" Kihyun asked again frustratedly, yet Yongguk answered him instead.

"We have a traitor on our hands, this is him" he growled, his voice croaky from the pressure of the weight on his chest. Seungcheol shook his head, blinking his eyes as they returned to normal for a split second, before going red again.

"I'm fulfilling my fathers legacy! You're all going to let us go so I can complete my plan and live in peace! And he's coming with me!" Seungcheol shouted this time, pointing at Kihyun once again. Shownu's eyes were glowing red furiously. Kihyun was keeping a close eye on him, as well as Youngjae and Mingyu as his brother was still pointing the sword at Mingyu and his Beta friend was getting pissed off with him very fast.

"Hold up, what the hell do you mean 'I'm needed for your plan?' What's going on!" Kihyun shouted back, only when he got the answer that's when the blood in everyone's veins ran cold.

"Our plan is for ultimate power. I have my own pack, the Rose Quartz pack. I offer peace and protection against the threat of invasion, a healthy, green free environment where Omega's, Beta's and Alpha's alike can love whoever they want, be whoever they want and enjoy their lives in peace. The only price to pay is those willing to join my pack must be willing to kill the Alpha and elites of their own pack, in order to be truly free." 

Shownu And Yongguk looked wide eyed at the Alpha, but the more disturbing fact was that Jooheon and Jongup were smiling contently. Wonwoo and Changkyun looked queasy to say the least, Mingyu had his tail between his legs in terror. This man, one who they'd never met before until today, seemed to have the craziest idea, yet the power they all sensed radiating off him was overwhelming. He knew what he wanted, and he was determined to get it.

Kihyun's shaking hand made it's way to to his mouth, how the hell could his brother have caught up in such a thing?  Yet he soon realised that not even Youngjae knew about this, suggesting from the glimpse of his brother's concerned and disgusted facial expression. They looked each other in the eye, Youngjae looked like he'd break down at any given point. He didn't know these were their true intentions.

"You want this? You want to be able to deny the fate of soulmates? Be free? Kill your pack members, potentially family?! What the actual hell are you on about!?"

Wonwoo barked at the two enemy Beta's in front of him, keeping an eye of his own mate in the process. Jobs on and Jongup both had a look of determination in their eyes, one that wasn't too easy to shake.

"It's not our fault we were mated to the wrong people, playing a false game of happy families for so long... Kihyun should know that!" Jooheon shouted, his voice raging with passion, yet Kihyun couldn't believe the words that were spewing out.

"I did at some point, but guess what Jooheon, I'm getting to know him, heck, I have some kind of love for him deep down!" Kihyun managed to plead back, hoping this was one big sick joke or something. The Beta sighed before speaking his next point.

"But you didn't, you didn't want it. I bet you wished to come home every time you were there"

He'd got it then. It was true Kihyun hadn't wanted to be there at first, yet things had changed, he could honestly say he was enjoying himself there at the moment. Hell, he knew he had to live there for the rest of his life now, but the fact was that fact itself didn't scare him anymore, it didn't make him want to come home either.

He sighed. Had these been his true feelings all this time? Why lash out now? But then by chance on familiar Beta played on his mind.

"What about Minhyuk... you love him!" Kihyun shouted this time, yet he saw and felt an anger similar to his own experience when he'd hated Shownu at first rising from the Beta. The other two Alpha's must have felt it too, as they both looked unsteady due to the ideologies their enemies shared.

"Do I? You don't know anything Kihyun, only the lies and deceptions we've had to live as until the right time. At first I did love him, but when you realize you can't and never will that's when the lies started. Seungcheol was our savior- he's offered me and so many more like me safety and a second chance- why can't you see it..." Jooheon started getting worked up, Kihyun was on the verge of tears.

What the hell had happened? Had Jooheon been living an illusion all these years then, pretending to love Minhyuk, his actual blood bound mate even now that he admitted he didn't love him? Why didn't he run earlier? Why didn't he speak to anyone?

However the unanswered questions would have to wait, as the bored sigh off Seungcheol indicated they wouldn't have time to question Jooheon for much longer.

"Enough, they're only delaying the inevitable" He said, boredom laced in his words. Jongup and Jooheon were agitated, the same applied for Wonwoo and Changkyun. This was not going to end well, that was Kihyun's gut feeling.

"This is why the cleansing stage must commence. These hell spawn must be eliminated. Kill all of them bar Kihyun"

And with one hand gesture, where both his wrists flicked upwards, all hell broke loose as Jongup and Jooheon raced towards Wonwoo and Changkyun, their growls and howls ripping through the peacefulness of their air.

-
A/N: hehe it's taken me nearly two weeks to plan these next three chapters :) I'd had the idea for a long time, and now I've finally published it !

Let's have a chapter discussion here- what did you guys think?

Lil spoiler- Next chapter will reveal why Kihyun is wanted by Seungcheol and why he'd needed for his plan ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 2.4K 24
Y.Kihyun was being bullied for no reason by L.Minhyuk . He hate Minhyuk the most . When their parents get married , Kihyun refuse to be Minhyuk's ste...
122K 4.7K 32
[Complete] Where Jungkook doesn't want a mate and where Taehyung is waiting for his mate since little because of his parents. So what will happen? bo...
467 51 13
Son Hyunwoo or Shownu is an Alpha who just turned 30 years old. He is a very busy person and does not have time to have a partner. Not only that, bec...
13.2K 904 24
in which hyungwon moves back home and wants to fix things between him and hoseok. โlet's write our story from zero.โž โ†“ @stuckihyun-