intrigued

By chaenniethusiast

Jennie found Roseanne quite amusing, she wanted to divulge her, indulge the secrets she hid in her being, she... More

i. fallin' all in you.
ii. baby don't stop.
iii. mercy.
iv. move.
v. ain't no rest for the wicked.
vi. bloom.
muse
viii. grenade.

vii. shout.

1.3K 59 35
By chaenniethusiast

"So, what happened with that getaway with Roseanne?" Lisa asked while munching on her burger. "What with Roseanne?" Jisoo rolled with eyes. "At the cafe, Jennie, when you ditched us to go with her?" Jennie nodded as she remembered the event, she couldn't help but smile. "Oh, sorry. Well, it was fun." The couple shared a look. "Fun? That's all you can say? You're smiling like an idiot, whipped ass." Lisa pointed out, Jennie blushed. "Let's talk about it some other time, please?" Jennie asked, she really didn't want to tell them that she was a mafia queen or something, and she definitely didn't want to tell them about the amusement park trip with Roseanne.

"Well, here she comes again. Why does she come every time we're talking about her?" Lisa pointed at the direction where Roseanne stood. One of her friends from last night saw Jennie. Next thing she knew, they're sitting at their table. "What are you doing here?" I asked Taehyung. "Nothing, we just want to bug you." Jennie shook her head in disappointment. "Wait, who are they?" Jisoo looked at Jennie. "We're Roseanne's friends." Irene answered. "You're the people around her at lunch which she barely talks to." Lisa pointed out. "Roseanne's not much of a talker here but believe me when I say we got her back." Namjoon explained. "Speaking of Roseanne, where is she?" Jennie asked and looked around. "Miss her already?" She glared at him. "Jeez, I'm kidding, or maybe not. She'll come around, Roseanne's always on the move."

It's been two weeks, and Roseanne is still nowhere to be found, Jennie isn't even surprised anymore; with the littlest intimacy, emotion, adoration - she runs. Jennie lied down in her bed, thinking where things went wrong. Why did Roseanne have to be so difficult? Jennie's angry, she's mad at Roseanne, but she doesn't exactly know why.

Jennie jolted when she heard the sound of a piano resonating through the house. She grabbed her pocket knife and followed the sound. Hiding behind the door, she was ready to jump on whoever it was. "Aha!" Jennie shouted as she pointed the knife towards the person. But she stiffened when she saw Roseanne, with her elegant fingers dancing on the keys.

"What are you doing here, Kim?" Roseanne said, not bothering to look at Jennie. She kept playing, losing herself to the magnificent sound. Listening to her, Jennie felt free, like she had wings attached to her back, and she could fly at any moment. But she can't, Roseanne has her tied up like a doll.

"You're asking me that when you're the one who's been gone for two weeks?" Jennie put down her knife as she went closer to Roseanne. "Leave." Jennie shook her head internally, why was Roseanne acting like she was a stranger again?

"Who was it, Roseanne?" Jennie leaned on Roseanne's piano. She fished her pocket knife, gliding it on Roseanne's cheek down to her lips. Roseanne stopped playing and looked at her, licking the knife. Jennie smirked. "Who were you fucking in attempt to forget me?" Roseanne scoffed and moved her face away from the knife, continuing the song.

"First, you lied about people wanting to kill me. Then, you ran away because you're afraid of emotions. What else are you hiding?"

"Don't act like you know me, Jennie." Jennie went around the piano until she was facing Roseanne. "I do. You're selfish, you don't care if anyone gets hurt as long as you benefit from whatever happens. That's sick, Roseanne."

"Do you really see me like that?" Roseanne's fingers no longer danced gracefully. They moved faster and stronger, smashing the keys, producing a melody that was no longer pleasing. It resonated throughout the room, deafening Jennie. Jennie looked at Roseanne, she was mad. Her eyes were furious as her fingers smashed the keys, it was all over the place. Yet, it hit Jennie, she felt like she was inside Roseanne's head, and she could see the smoke and bombs. It was a battlefield, Roseanne had waged war.

Jennie tried removing Roseanne's hands from the piano, but the girl was stronger. She stood there in panic, Roseanne was losing herself. She shouted, Roseanne!, Roseanne, stop! but she didn't; so Jennie did what she thought was the best way to distract the girl. She grabbed Roseanne's cheek to face her, she looked at Roseanne's eyes, they were still vacant, but the speck of light was clear, and it wasn't what she thought. It was fire, rage; disguised as light, joy. Jennie closed her eyes and leaned in, capturing Roseanne's poisonous lips.

She could feel Roseanne calming down, she could hear the music turning into a beautiful ballad that made her heart throb, it felt like flowers and everything nice floated around the room, it was heavenly; and she never expected it from someone who seemed to have risen from Hell. She slowly set their lips apart, Roseanne looked at her with parted lips; a tear escaped Jennie's eye, she doesn't know why, but she called herself foolish; because it drove off Roseanne.

"I have to go." Roseanne stood up and hurriedly left the room, leaving Jennie with another thousand thoughts.

Jennie looked at the moon as she sat under a tree at a public park. This was what she needed, a place to think, a place away from Roseanne's mess. "Can I join you?" Great, Jennie can recognize that voice anywhere. "No, don't think so."

Roseanne sat beside her and asked. "Kim, what do you think of love?" Jennie stayed silent, she wasn't going to talk to her and pretend everything's fine. She heard Roseanne sigh. "I think love is bombs and knives, not butterflies and rainbows. It's a trap, a labyrinth; most people enter just to look for ways to escape. Hoping for rewards at the end of the maze: faith, trust, acceptance, everything a person's ever yearned for. But like the labyrinth having a minotaur, love has fear, ready to devour you. Not everyone wants to enter, but those who do, they don't always get to escape. It's all about wits, love is a puzzle one has to solve, a maze one has to escape. It's everything no one ever wanted, disguised as something everyone ought to have." Roseanne smiled as she looked above, Jennie was head over heels again. Roseanne flabbergasted her once again, she really has a way with words, and her mind is extravagant. Jennie was speechless, Roseanne's job is to fuck her up.

Jennie scoffed. "Stop with this game of push and pull, Roseanne. I don't want to be part of your stupid game, I don't wanna be your pawn. Please, leave." Jennie said, but a part of her hoped, hoped that Roseanne wouldn't leave.

"Okay, but before I leave, I want to explain, Jennie." Jennie looked at her in disbelief. "After everything? Nah." Roseanne sighed. "There's nothing you can do. I don't care if people hate me, as long as the reason is true or valid, but if they hate me for something I didn't do and or something that's not true, I have to defend myself."

"Fine, explain." Roseanne smiled as she leaned back. "People aren't going to come for you, you're my queen, and everyone knows not to mess with me. But I did something wrong, Jennie, and I know you'll hate me more, but the guilt is eating me up, it's never done this before."

"What did you do, Roseanne?" Jennie was nervous, her heart pumped like drums. Roseanne looked at her, so she did the same. She could see the guilt in Roseanne's eyes, something she's never seen before. Roseanne was about to speak when they were disturbed by footsteps. "Well, what do we have here? Sorry to ruin your little moment, but we have business." Roseanne stood, Jennie did the same. Roseanne held her arm and pulled her to her back. "What do you want?"

"We just want to talk, Roseanne, catch up on things; and if I were you, I'd get her out of here. After all, she's why we're here." Roseanne faced Jennie. "Listen, you have to leave." Jennie shook her head. "No. I don't take orders from you, and I want to know what they want."

"Please. I'll explain everything later." Roseanne pleaded, it was her first. But with Jennie, everything was a first. Jennie nodded, "Please be careful." She left, leaving broken pieces of herself like Hansel and Gretel leaving bread crumbs so they could always go back home, does this mean Roseanne's her home? I don't know, you tell me.

"Now, who's going first?" Roseanne smiled devilishly at them. "We came prepared, Roseanne." They brought out baseball bats, hammers, everything melee. "Why not just bring a gun?" The man smirked.

"We want you to feel all the pain."

She's gone far, but Jennie shattered more as she heard screams and cries, come on, hit me, torture me! Jennie could hear the smashing sounds, and Jennie swore she could feel them too. She could feel every hit that touched Roseanne's body, and it hurt her, she couldn't take it; so she turned around, went back for Roseanne.

When she got there, she saw Roseanne standing, just standing. Their eyes met as they catched their breath, their chests going in sync. "I told you to run." Roseanne spoke before her body dropped to the cold ground.

Roseanne woke up in her room with clean clothes, she sat as she recalled what happened, then she remembered everything. She hurriedly tried to get out of bed when she felt pain in her head and stomach. She looked down to see why, and there she saw her stomach covered with purple bruises. "Careful there, I had a hard time bringing you here and cleaning you up." Jennie spoke and sat at the foot of the bed. "You're okay." Roseanne said, Jennie smiled.

"Why did you come back?" Jennie's smile faded away. "It's time for school, Roseanne, you better stay here." Jennie stood up, she didn't want to be vulnerable anymore. Roseanne nodded.

"Wow, Roseanne's annoying friends aren't here, now that's a good change." Jennie laughed as she sat down with the two. "Yeah, they said they were going fishing, whatever the hell that means." Jennie stiffened. "What?" Lisa laughed. "They're going fishing. They're weird, I know." Lisa laughed, Jennie was frozen.

"Hey, Roseanne, do you have like, codes in your gang?" Jennie asked while she indulged in her milk ice cream. "Yes, which ones do you wanna know?" Roseanne sported a neutral expression while they watched people's faces when the drop tower drops. "Your favorites!"

"We say we're going to have fun when we go and raid gangs, you know that already. But what I like the most is when we say we're going fishing, which means we're going to take care of something which will probably end up in someone getting killed." Jennie laughed. "You're not serious, right?" Roseanne smirked, and Jennie knew what that meant.

"Well, why fishing? Do you take them to a lake or something?" Roseanne licked her ice cream. "No, nosy people might follow us if we take the phrase literally."

"Then where do you take them?" Roseanne shrugged, smiling mischievously.

"I have to go, bye." Jennie rushed and went to her car, ignoring her friends' calls. She had to find Roseanne. Think, Jennie, think, where would Roseanne be? The first place that popped in her mind was her gang's place, where Roseanne brought Jennie after being kidnapped by Chanyeol.

The first time she had been here was at night, so she didn't really get to see the building's beauty; but there's no time for that today. She knocked on the door, it was opened by two guards. "Where's Roseanne?" The guards called someone and told Jennie to wait. After two minutes, someone showed up at the door. "I'm Jimin, follow me."

"Roseanne told me that if you ever come, I have to shoo you away." Jimin said while he drove. "Then why didn't you?" Jimin looked at Jennie and smiled. "I think you can help me." Jennie furrowed her brows. "With what?"

"I don't want my sister to turn into a monster." Sadness was evident in his voice. "Isn't it a little too late for that?" They both sighed. "You're right. But I'm still bringing you there, for you to see her for who and what she is."

"Why? Do you think I'll hate her if I saw her?" Jimin shook his head. "No. I was hoping you'd still love her." It was time for Jennie to shake her head. "What? No! How can you say I love her?!" Jimin laughed. "Whatever you say."

"Well, it looks like we missed the talking part, damn it. Now I'll have to wait for Roseanne's speeches again." Jimin cursed while they hid behind walls. Jennie chuckled. But her smile faltered when Roseanne brought out a gun and pointed it at the man tied to a chair. "Come on, I'll let you out here like a free man, just cut the deal off." Jennie looked at Jimin. "What deal is it?"

"I have no idea, but it's about you." Jimin explained. "Never." The man still refused despite his bloody state. "Suit yourself."

"No!" Roseanne was close to pulling the trigger when Jennie yelled. "Why are you here?" Jennie went closer to Roseanne, Jimin soon showed himself. "Jimin." He smiled cheekishly. "Hi sis, don't kill me, hehe." Roseanne rolled her eyes. "Get out of here, Jennie." Jennie slowly walked towards her. "No, Roseanne, you don't have to do this." Roseanne scoffed. "I do. Your life's at stake." Jennie was confused. "What? What was the deal, Roseanne?" Roseanne looked away. "Look, Roseanne, everything's so messed up now but I know you care about me, even with the littlest bit. Because I care about you, a lot."

"So she's the girl." The man pointed out, Jennie looked at him. "The deal was to kill you, or at least hold you captive because of Papa Kim." The man snickered. Roseanne pointed his gun at him again. "Is it true?" Jennie looked at Roseanne. "Yes. Now, do you still think I care about you?" Jennie tried her best to hold her tears. "Yes." Roseanne looked at her in disbelief. "What? Are you sick?" Jennie cupped Roseanne's cheeks. "You wouldn't be doing this if you didn't care." Jennie smiled, Roseanne scoffed. "You and your delusions, I don't care about you, Jennie." Tears started falling from her cheeks. "No, you don't mean that."

"I love drama, but this has to end." A foreign voice interrupted them, and two gunshots were heard. Before Jennie could react, she was already on the floor with Roseanne's body on top of hers. When it was clear, Roseanne moved. "Jennie, Jennie, are you okay?!" Roseanne was panicking, or maybe Jennie thought so. Roseanne was breathing so fast, but she calmed down when Jennie cupped her face again.

"See? You do care." Jennie smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.1K 4.3K 31
Jennie Kim eyed Kim Jisoo, the girl her ex courted while they were still together. "Are you gonna steal him back?" jennie smirked at lisa "No, I'm go...
6.8K 322 1
It took Jennie ten thousand hours to tell Chaeyoung how she felt. [chaennie one-shot]
38.4K 2.1K 18
One ring. Why am I calling her ? Two rings. Of course she's not gonna answer. It's three in the morning. Three rings. What am I doing? I should...
130K 6.6K 40
Jennie Kim and Roseanne Park couldn't be more different. Jennie was the popular cheerleader and Roseanne was the shy girl hated by all. To everyone's...