Lifeline „ Peter Pevensie [Ch...

By -rvbinhood

"Part of her mystery Is how she is calm in the storm And anxious in the quiet." Fallon Hunter has a name that... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xii
xiii
xiv
a n n o u n c e m e n t
f l a t l i ne

xi

5.1K 153 59
By -rvbinhood

Fallon walked out of the tent an hour later, her face seemingly the same, but her eyes were filled with concern.

What if Aslan's plan didn't go as it was supposed to? What if she did something wrong? What is Jadis decided it was time to end her, as well? What if–

"Fallon?"

Lucy's voice snapped the girl out of her trance, and she smiled weakly as the youngest Pevensie walked towards her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Fallon replied immediately. "I'm fine."

Lucy looked at her warily, as if she knew she was lying, but chose to ignore it, instead simply saying she was going to head into the tent with Susan.

Fallon nodded, then started walking around again, her armour still on as she headed to one of the hills that looked over the camp. Sitting on the edge, the girl gazed upon the sunset, the darkest parts of her orbs taking in its rays, the locket lying on her chest lighting up with the red of the sky. She just wished she could stay there forever, staring into the edge of the world.

She suddenly heard shifting behind her, or, rather, footsteps, and the tiniest smile made its way onto her face.

"I though you knew I could hear better, by now," she spoke up, and Peter's cheeks turned pink, though she'd never know, because he was still standing behind her.

"Sorry, Gray," he said, walking over to her. He asked if he could sit, and Fallon simply nodded, her eyes not leaving the sun that was still dipping under the hills.

"Peter," she spoke softly after a few moments. She felt his gaze on her, but didn't meet his gaze as she kept talking.

"Do I seem... protective of you and your siblings?"

Peter was quiet for a moment, but when he spoke, Fallon could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah," he said. "You're always trying to be in near Lucy whenever something's wrong, as if you were her shield or something, same with Edmund, and you have the tendency to take Susan's hand a lot when we're in some sort of trouble. Oh, and sometimes you put your hand on the handle of one of your daggers, like you're always ready to fight and get them out of there. You stand in front of us a lot, too. It looks like you would take a sword to the chest for us."

"I would."

Peter looked at her, his light smile faltering as he asked, "What?"

That was the moment in which Fallon turned her head, blue meeting amber like the sky meets the sun at dawn, and the sea meets the painted clouds at sunset.

"It's my duty," the girl spoke. "My mother made an oath that she passed onto me, to protect the royal family. No matter the cost. At first, I thought I was just having a protective instinct, to help the people I consider my family by now, but then..." she looked back the ground, not being able to cope with the emotions being held in Peter's eyes. She took a breath before speaking the truth to herself for the first time, the words tasting bittersweet on her lips.
"I'm an immortal to time because my life reason is to keep the Kings and Queens safe, but I'm mortal to wounds so that when they die, my life can be taken with theirs." She felt Peter's eyes burning in the side of her head, but she kept going.

"One Huntress per royal family. That's how the oath works. I need you to live, Peter. I need you to stay with me. You're my lifeline." She gave out an unamused chuckle. "Literally."

Peter said nothing for a while, and seconds felt like minutes until he finally spoke up, saying the dreaded words.

"Are you ok?"

Fallon stared straight ahead, not answering his questions for some seconds. Lucy had asked her the same thing, but it was easier to lie to her than it was Peter. There was something about him that she just couldn't figure out, and that made her want to tell him everything. It made no sense, but she'd never know that that was exactly the effect she had on him.

"Yeah," she choked out, reciting the exact same words she'd told Lucy earlier. "I'm fine."

This time, though, it wasn't Lucy she was speaking to.

Peter stood up, reaching his hand down for the Huntress to take. She eyed it strangely, but took it nevertheless, and Peter helped her off the floor before wrapping his arms around her tightly, resting his chin on her shoulder so he could talk to her.

"I know you're not," he whispered, and that was that.

Fallon buried her face in his chest, clinging to his shirt, letting a few stray tears run out of her eyes.

The thing Peter got wrong was the reason as to why she was upset. He'd thought it was because of what she would have had to do, and that was partially the reason, only he thought she'd no longer have to do it. How wrong he was.

"It's ok, Gray. I've got you," he said quietly. "I've got you."

And, even if only for a moment, Fallon believed him.

§

The Great Lion and the Cold Blood Huntress walked in silence, gloom expressions on both their faces as they did so, the darkness of the forest wrapping around them, as if accompanying them in their journey.

Fallon went over what would happen, and what she would do when the White Witch left, but all she could see was the dagger she would be holding digging into the flesh.

Aslan stopped next to her, and Fallon waited for him to speak to the girls who had been following them, thinking they were going along unnoticed.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?"

Fallon didn't turn, but heard Susan and Lucy walk out from behind a tree, sighing in defeat and realizing they'd been spotted.

"We couldn't sleep," Lucy admitted, and Fallon turned to look at the sisters.

"Please, Aslan," Susan spoke, going to stand next to Fallon. "Couldn't we come with you?"

The lion looked at the Huntress, and she gave him a small nod, telling him she was fine with the decision.

"I believe both Fallon and I would be glad for the company for a while."

Lucy gently took Aslan's mane, while Susan did so with Fallon's hand, and the four walked on, minutes passing and the clock ticking, getting closer and closer to the horrible moment.

"Here," Fallon spoke once they reached a clearing, her voice sounding sore from all the crying she'd done on Peter's shoulder. She hadn't spoke a word after that, not even when he'd kissed her forehead before they went their separate ways.

"It is time," the King said, stopping where Fallon had. "From here, we must go on alone."

"But Aslan–"

"You have to trust me," the lion spoke, cutting Susan off. "For this must be done. Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy. And farewell."

Fallon gave Susan's hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go of it, keeping her head down as she paced forwards, following Aslan through the trees.

A few minutes later, and she was walking up a set of stairs, trying to block out the screeching, and howling, and yelling of the traitors of Narnia, staring at her feet, concentrating on placing them one in front of the other, her vision swimming. She made the mistake of looking up, at some point. She wasn't sure when. Everything was a blur, smoke burning in her brain. Her eyes stayed locked on the dagger that was being offered to her, and she took it numbly. Everything in her body felt numb. She had no idea what happened next, but she was standing next to the Witch, watching helplessly as Aslan fell to the ground, the creatures binding him tightly. Outside, she was hard as stone, staring as the scene unfolded, but inside, part of her was panicking, part of her didn't even feel like she was there, like she was watching everything as the night sky, from afar, and in the dark. She observed the mane of the lion as it got cut off, piece by piece, as if doing so would rid him of his pride. A minute later and she was looming over his form, the dagger in her hand as she listened to the Witch speak.

"You know, Aslan," she said, so that only him and the girl could hear, "I'm a little disappointed in you."

Those words seemed to snap Fallon out of her gaze, and she finally realized how much she was shaking, and how fast her heart was beating.

"Did you honestly think by all this that you could save the human traitor? You are giving me your life... and saving no one." She chuckled then, and turned her cold gaze onto the Huntress, who was still staring straight ahead, refusing to meet her gaze.

"So much for love."

Fallon's trembling grip tightened on the dagger. She had to do this. For Aslan, for herself, and for all of Narnia

The Witch got up, speaking loudly and clearly. "Tonight, the Deep Magic will be appeased. But, tomorrow..." she turned to Fallon again, who only looked at her then, ice meeting amber in a clash of senses. "We will take Narnia forever."

Cheering erupted yet again, but the only thing Fallon could concentrate on was the Witch's words.

"In that knowledge, despair," she spoke to the lion, who was able to turn his eyes to Fallon one last time, amber meeting amber, one look pleading and the other obscured by too many emotions, melted together in clear, liquid state.

"I'm sorry," the Huntress whispered, directing her words into the lion's ears.

He gave her the smallest, but most reassuring nod, closing his eyes and turning his head.

"And die!"

Fallon heard the word, and with a single, heart wrenching scream, she plunged the dagger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

short and shitty chapter who?

plz don't kill meh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4K 28
F I L A N O L V L E E N »» FALLEN IN LOVE! - develop a deep romantic to someone. »» IN WHERE A GROUP OF CHILDREN GO THR...
209K 4.4K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
89.5K 1.9K 21
"Lost and cold. Tired and lonely I reached out. I waved my arms and screamed for help. Desperately trying to speak. But nobody saw, nobody heard. I...
11.2K 546 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...