Braedey, Thomas, and the Magi...

By BraedimusSupreme

A/N: this story is in honour of Kieron0103 and his 'Beacon Railway' book. I enjoy his books, along with the '... More

Chapter One: Welcome to Sodor
Chapter Two: Merrillville, Illinois
Chapter Three: Diesel 10's Devious Plan
Chapter Four: Meet Jessie and Braedey
Chapter Five: Attack at the Sheds
Chapter Six: The Source... What Is It?
Chapter Seven: Emergency Meeting
Chapter Eight: Shining In The Night
Chapter Nine: A Missing Truck and Clues
Chapter Ten: Braedey, Andrea, and Jessie On Sodor
Chapter Eleven: The Buffers
Chapter Twelve: The Magic Railroad
Chapter Thirteen: The Magic Engine
Chapter Fifteen: The Gold-Dust
Chapter Sixteen: Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: The Big Chase

1.2K 7 5
By BraedimusSupreme

Previously...

"AAAH, who needs you, Splodge?!" Diesel 10 roared to his two former lackeys, as he slowly got closer to the grotto and the two steam engines, opening and closing his claw at the same time, ready to attack.

Lady soon starts to move away from the grotto, steam shooting up into the air from Lady's funnel, while picking up speed. "Jackson! Watch out for the viaduct! It's starting to collapse! It's dangerous!" Alex called out, remembering what happened to him and Diesel 10 on the bridge yesterday.

"Understood, Dad!" Andrea called back in reassurance to her father. "We'll be fine!"

Lady steamed away from the grotto, Thomas following close behind her in two clouds of steam. Then, Diesel 10 raced right by the grotto, launching evilly, then Alex screamed out unexpectedly.

Tyler and Johnny turned to him. "What's the matter?" The latter asked his cousin.

"Yeah. What's gotten into you, man?" Tyler asked him. "That diesel has got nothing on those two tank engines and the guys onboard."

"You didn't see it, did you?" Alex asked the two males, sounding distressed and worried out of his life. "'Lady'. That Lost Engine's name is Lady." The two males turn to look back at where the three engines went, then back at Alex. "She is part of the clue to the source-"

"-of the Gold-Dust!" Alex and Johnny call out in unison, then in three seconds, they scream out in fear!

~*~*~

"Now, I'll catch you, Jackson Martin!" Diesel 10 roared loudly, as he chases both Thomas and Lady down the line, while Jackson and Andrea were onboard Lady, with Jessie and Braedey were onboard Thomas.

"You'll never catch us." Andrea yelled back to the villainous diesel.

"Because, the magic you refuse to believe in, will get the better of you!" Jackson added.

"You can run, but you can't hide!!! Right, Pinchy?!" Diesel 10 laughed evilly, snapping his claw twice, as the three engines headed towards a nearby bridge. Then, as he got closer to Thomas, he lowers his claw at him. "Pinchy's hungry!"

"Whoa!" Jessie yelled out in fright.

"Get back!" Thomas cried, and he goes faster, his wheels spinning like crazy, gaining some ground from Diesel 10. Lady was too scared to say anything, and both Andrea and Jackson sensed this.

"Come on, Lady." Jackson coached to the little tank engine. Andrea gently patted Lady's regulator, and gently pulls it out, trying to help Lady gain some extra speed.

Lady's wheels whirred like the wind, her traction rods moving faster than they've ever gone before, as both she and Thomas race under one of the railway bridges, with Diesel 10 still on their tail.

"Coming, Puffball!" Diesel 10 called to the steam engines, and laughed evilly, as he chased both Thomas and Lady, and passed the watermill, the two steam engines not slowing down at all. "Look out!" He taunted.

Then, Thomas and Lady raced towards Henry's Tunnel. The two steam engines race through the tunnel, a cloud of steam being left behind as they enter the mouth of the tunnel. "Here I come! Duck, Pinchy!" Diesel 10 called to his claw, and it lowers itself down, just as Diesel 10 enters the tunnel as well, his evil laugh echoing from deep inside.

After exiting Henry's Tunnel, Thomas and Lady struggle to gain some distance between them and Diesel 10, as he surged forward behind them. Braedey and Andrea on both their respected locomotives start to shovel more coal into the fireboxes, trying to gain some more speed, while Jessie and Jackson try to keep the two tank engines at high speed. They race down the mainline at speeds that Gordon and the express could only reach, and they all showed no signs of stopping anytime soon.

"I like my lunch STEAMED!!" Diesel 10 taunted, and laughed evilly at his own joke, as he started to get closer to the engines, then growled at them.

Thomas and Lady's wheels whirred like the wind, their traction rods aching but they didn't slow down, while their steam rocketed into the sky. They soon reach another bridge, and race right over it, just as James with his goods train came by underneath the bridge, only to see the two tank engines and Diesel 10 race by on the bridge.

"What was that?!" James asked in shock.

Back with Thomas, Lady, and Diesel 10, they raced down the line at high speed. Lady was puffing faster than ever before, but she not Thomas weren't going fast enough to get away from Diesel 10.

"It's okay, Lady. You're going great. Just keep going, and don't stop." Andrea coached the little tank engine, and she patted her side.

Jackson and Braedey look back at the crazy evil diesel, and they saw both Lady and Thomas have gotten ahead and gained some ground away from him, but Diesel 10 wasn't giving up. "Huh. Pretty fast, for a puffball." Diesel 10 oddly complimented to them, and he tries to go faster to keep up with them.

~*~*~

Down at the Big Dipper viaduct, the main section was struggling to hold itself up under its own weight. Some keystone sections of the stone arch started to come loose, and they fell into the ravine below. It was only a matter of time until that whole span of the bridge gives way and falls into the ravine.

Soon, Thomas and Lady rounded the bend, and they were now approaching the viaduct. Jackson noticed the unstable section of track, but he didn't put on the brakes. "Well Lady, this is your shining time too." He said to his engine, and gently patted the side of her cab.

"I hope so." Lady replied, with a small smile on her face. Andrea nervously smiled to the little engine, and holds on for the bridge crossing.

Now, Thomas and Lady's wheels whirred even faster, as they charged towards the bridge. They weren't stopping now and not for Diesel 10. They were gonna cross that bridge like it was their final day on Sodor.

"Come on, Lady! Little engines CAN do big things!" Thomas coached the little tank engine

"Here we go!" Braedey called, and held on tight with Jessie, as Thomas and Lady soon come up onto the viaduct, and begin to cross it.

As the engine's weights were being pressed down onto the rails and down onto the stones of the bridge, the keystones and the stone in the bridge began to break apart, and split away from the middle section of the bridge, the concrete in the mix breaking apart.

Lady charged over the middle section of the viaduct, her wheels whirring and pistons puffing, but as she does so, the set of stones within the bridge section then fell into the ravine, leaving the tracks now exposed over a 10 metre gap above the ravine.

It be like trying to do a high-wire act from the circus between two moving trucks. Andrea looked back to Thomas, and she saw the broken section of the bridge, and worried for the blue tank engine and her two friends.

Thomas charges ahead, not letting up on the speed, as Braedey and Jessie hold on tightly to one another. Then, Thomas crossed the gap, the rails groaning under his weight, but he makes it! Just as he gets clear, both sides of the middle section soon fell into the ravine below, leaving the tracks to be unsupported from below, and hanging precariously above the ravine.

"We made it!" Jessie cheered out, once Lady and Thomas reach the other side of the ravine.

"Yes, we certainly did." Braedey nodded, then they lean out of the cab to wave to Lady, Jackson, and Andrea.

"Well done, Thomas!" Jackson called out to Thomas.

"You did it, Thomas! You did it!!" Andrea cheered happily, then she blew Lady's whistle in cheer. Thomas smiled, and Braedey blew the tank engine's whistle back in response. With that, the two tank engines puff away from the crumbing viaduct, heading off down the line to take the long way to get back to the grotto.

But, back at the viaduct, Diesel 10 charged across the viaduct at a dangerous speed, but as he does so, he soon saw the damaged section of bridge ahead of him. "Huh?" He slammed down hard on his brakes, sparks flying from his wheels, but he couldn't seem to stop himself from going forward. "Who-what's going on? Whoa-ho-ho!!" He tried to stop before the edge gap, but it was already too late.

As his front wheels and his cab soon roll up onto the section of unsupported track of the bridge, the entire piece of track immediately gave way under his colossal weight, and he then fell forward, cab over wheels, down into the ravine below. "AAAH!!!"

But then, amazingly, his mechanical claw managed to grab onto one of the sleepers that were still bolted up on the other unsupported section of track, and he held onto it tight, hanging precariously over the ravine by nothing but his own claw. "Phew. Puffball!!" Diesel 10 cried out to Thomas, hoping he might hear, as he hanged by only his claw.

Down below in the river, there was a lonely tug pulling a barge of what could be mud or sludge from somewhere under the bridge, it doesn't seem to even notice. "Keep on!" Diesel 10 pleaded to the sleeper, hoping it'll stay intact and hold on for a few more moments. But then, the sleeper finally gave way from the heavy weight of the diesel holding onto it, and Diesel 10 plunged into the ravine!!

"COME ON!!!" He yelled out, then he landed down in the sludge barge below with a loud and thunderous crash, with the tug pulling the barge down the river, completely oblivious of what just happened behind it.

Diesel 10 couldn't move. His engine was damaged and busted, his wheels were snapped and broken from the impact, while black sludge from the barge rolled down his sides, with some glass windows from his cab being cracked or shattered, and his claw was too heavily damaged from the fall to move at all, the hydraulic lines and boom arms having been snapped or ripped apart from the crash.

Diesel 10 groaned in pain from the heavy impact and crash, but he decided to try and think of something positive that came out of this unlucky experience. "Huh. Oh, well. Nice time of the year for a cruise." He laughed to himself, as the tug pulled away down the river, still oblivious of what had happened behind it, as it continues on down the river...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 8 13
Thomas steals a goods train from James in order to go to the mainland and see the world. All in all, things seem fine at first with him meeting engin...
20.2K 297 21
You have lived your entire life on the Mainlands. That is until you get a letter from Sir Topham Hatt to come work on his railway on the beautiful is...
12.8K 51 14
Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends are being threatened by the evil diesel engine known as Diesel 10 and his sidekicks. However, the balance of m...
265 4 4
"During a visit to the Canterlot Mall, Rainbow Dash wins a prize ticket for her and the girls. And when they find out it's a ticket to the Island of...