Mutual Need

By StevieLtnr90

For a year Stevie James has watched him from the background with a crush on her heart for one lethario Jacob... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 14

2.1K 51 5
By StevieLtnr90

Two weeks later Jake hadn't returned to school. I had an ache in my chest I missed him so much. I barely ate our slept and found myself drawing him, his eyes gold or dark brown or just him. Brad and now Jasper Hale the honey blonde tall texan were my admirers. He and his twin sister Rosalie and their three other adoptive siblings the Cullen's had just joined school

Brad bugged me more, but Jasper made me uneasy. His amber stare was intense and unwavering, it made the hair at the back of my neck stand up. If it wasn't Brad trying to flirt between classes it was Jasper's stares.

Josh and Jordan made good buffers at times and Jessica liked Brad so she kept him entertained when he'd let her.

One day after school I walked out intending to drive to work like always, but my truck was gone. In its place was my aunt's car and Monica wearing her mother's matching grin. " Jordan has the truck dear and Josh is covering your shift at the bakery. We're taking you for a makeover " aunt Danielle told me through the window.

"Can't you just take me to work " I groaned. She shook her head " c'mon now, it's my treat. I promise you'll love it". She always says that, although usually it's true, shrugging I got in and Julia passed me a to go coffee cup.

"Is it that boy?" aunt Danielle asked softly "the one your father doesn't want you to see". She eyed me carefully through the rear view mirror, " no" I lied quietly. " I haven't been around Jake much for months "." But he still wants you" she guessed, " believe it or not, he was changing. He was doing it for me. I don't like hurting him " I hedged." Has he been bothering you at school, the twins haven't said "." No, it was someone else. I trusted him, and it was hard to, but I did and he hurt me unintentionally. It just bothers me after he's been so great and then this happens and I don't trust him anymore " I told her.

" Men are wonderful dear, but their men. Sometimes they don't see things the way we do, sometimes they say or do things that aren't meant to seem the way we see it " she told me."And teenage boys are the worst of any of them ".

In Port Angeles we went to the salon first, Tracy went darker this time starting with a dark brown for the base color then ash brown bayalage that lightened in framing highlights the style left my hair at my shoulder blades with my part towards the side. I loved the look and thanked Tracy for it. Then my nails done in matte grey, my ring finger a glitter grey, my forefinger white with grey glitter at the base of my nail in a drip pattern towards the tip.

Next was the strip mall. I found a long sleeve t-shirt with black and white stripes along the width and paired it with a navy brimmed hat, blush wool patterned scarf, navy skinny jeans with ripped knees and tan ankle boots.

When we were done I had aunt Danielle drop me off at work so I could spill Jordy and finish my shift. I set my shopping bags down by the coat rack and took off my grey jacket them slipped my hair back into a messy bun at the back of my head using the black hair tie around my wrist on a rose gold bracelet.

" Hey Jordan" I called, and he grinned at me. " Thanks for this but I can finish my shift " I told him." You sure?" he asked lifting a dark brow at me, I nodded " yeah I'm good, get out of here" I told him as I tied my apron on . He chuckled and lifted his hands in mock surrender " okay, okay I'm gone. First though, I know after the last party you probably won't want to go, but Josh wants to go to one tomorrow night. I have it on good authority that Brad plans on almost begging you to go " he tells me as he leans against the counter beside me.

I eyed him dubiously," and have a drunk trying to get his octopus arms around me every second, no thanks "." Blacks not going to be there or Lahote " he added, I didn't comment and started making more muffins for the display. " What happened between you and Black Stevie? I know you continued to see him after uncle Ray told you to stop " he said gently. I stiffened " I don't want to talk about it Jordy " I told him quietly. He sighed and nodded, putting a hand on the back of my neck he squeezed affectionately " for what it's worth he was wrong, I could see him changing for you even before you were seeing him " he said before leaving.

The next morning Brad was relentless, he leaned against the locker beside mine running his forefinger down my arm " be my date tonight Stevie, I won't let anything happen " he told me. I sighed as I shut my locker, " Brad I'm not interested, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that " I told him and left. I'd tried to be nice, but nice wasn't getting anywhere and Jake wasn't here to show that I wasn't available.

That thought stung, he hadn't been back and Embry wasn't here often. I missed him, so much that sometimes it was hard to breath. At night he was in my dreams and holding me tight, loving me as only he could. My bullet journal was full of sketches and pictures of him. I knew my parents where worried so I tried to forget while at home so I could act more like myself. Liam saw right through it all, he almost saw the bite Jacob left shortly after when I came out of my bathroom after a shower but I covered it with my hair. I could tell he wanted to ask me, but he didn't, somehow he knew for once that I needed to sort this out on my own.

After school I went to work like always, when my shift was over I went home and helped with dinner. After we ate I lost myself in a thick book while curling up on the couch with Shade.

The doorbell rang and I frowned as dad went to answer it, we hadn't been expecting company.

" Stevie Sweetheart, your friends here" dad yelled. Putting my book down I went to the door and stiffened, " Jasper?" I noted tightly "what're you doing here?". He smiled showing dimples with a lop sided smile " I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to a party tonight " he asked me. I was going to protest but couldn't as dad spoke " that sounds fun, go ahead. You've been hitting the books hard lately, take a break". " Bella's with us, she's going with Edward " Jasper added waving at the car.

I saw Edward inside with a nervous and scared Bella. " Go on Stevie, son come on in while she gets ready " dad said giving me a gentle nudge down the hall towards my room. Sighing I tried to quickly find something and landed on a light pale blue v-neck t-shirt and a dark navy pair of hip hugging skinny jeans with a tan belt paired with two and a half inch heeled tan ankle boots. My makeup was still on, so I added another coat of mascara and a bolder dark pink lipstick and grabbed my navy wool jacket before running my brush through my hair leaving it in loose waves.

Jasper grinned at me intensely and it made me nervous. " You look beautiful darlin" he told me as he walked me to the Volvo. I slipped in the back with Bella while Edward drove with Jasper beside him. " Stevie, good to see you again " Edward murmured." You too Edward, Bella". I said giving her a look asking what was going on with my eyes. She swallowed nervously and squeezed my hand, holding it all the way there.

Our dates opened our doors for us. Jasper took my coat, slipping it from my shoulders. I shivered as his ice cold skin brushed my arm before he placed his hand against my back as he lead me to the party, Edward did the same with Bella. " I really like your hair" Jasper commented with his texan twang as he gently brushed a strand from my face. " And that shade of blue looks lovely on you "." Thanks " I told him nervously. Bella was having the same trouble with Edward and his comments as we came up the steps to the house.

As we came in like always the strobing lights flashed and the music loud and leaving vibrations in your body. Others were kissing or who knows what in corners of closed doors and dancing. Jasper smiled crookedly down at me and lifted a brow " you wanna dance" he asked wrapping his arm around my waist, " um... sure" I said quietly.

He held me close as we danced keeping his hand on my back. We danced for a while till I needed a breather and Jasper lead me to the edge of the room where I grabbed a bottle of water. " So I hear your from Montana " Jasper drawled," yeah, we had a small farm. My uncle's a vet and I used to go out on calls with him " I tell him conversationally.

He looked at me intensely " wanna get some air" he asked. I started to feel a bit foggy and dizzy as the atmosphere made me feel closed in and warm. " What?" I asked shaking my head to clear it.

Cupping my chin with icy fingers he raised them to his amber gaze, " you wanna get some air, don't you my darlin?" he crooned like velvet. I nodded without knowing it and his arm wrapped around me resting his hand at my hip with a possessive thumb through a belt loop as he lead me away.

I found myself in another room as he let me go to shut the door. I didn't remember getting there, " where's Bella" I asked blinking away the foggy feeling in my head. " Edward's takin care a her, don't worry " he grinned turning to me. " Why did you shut the door " I asked and started to back away. He matched my steps and I was suddenly very scared as he pinned me with his stare. " Shhh" he crooned cupping my chin again and brushing my hair back as I tried to tell him to stop " na" I stuttered stiffening as his cool breath washed over me making me fog up again.

I was calm and smiled sleepily. Looking at him I watched as honey curls fell into his eyes and blushed at his gaze. His hand brushed to my hip holding it and pulled me against him. " You wanna kiss me my darlin " he crooned, did I, wasn't there someone else I loved kissing? I wondered internally. His grip tightened a fraction and his eyes pinned me again. A feeling of lust washed over me and I swallowed thickly as I rested my hands on his solid chest. " You really wanna kiss me" he said brushing his hand into my hair and leaning in kissing me passionately. " Jazz... mmm... yes " I mumbled against his cold lips as my arms wrapped themselves around his neck.

The fogginess continued to fill my head and the lustful feelings. My arms and legs moved without my knowledge clutching him tighter. His hands held me tightly and his tongue pressed through my lips, I moaned loudly.

Stephanie stop!

A voice in my head spoke, a husky baritone with a commanding low timbre. With that voice I saw midnight hair, hematite eyes, russet skin and a warm feeling started in my chest

Jacob

I felt cold hands, and lips as my mind cleared. Jasper, what had he done. Cold hands gripped me to tightly, it hurt. His lips bruised mine, I whimpered and tried to push him away. " No, stop" I breathed thickly in fright when he pulled back enough that I could speak. His grip in my hair tightened and he tipped my head back to look in his eyes "don't" I begged squeezing my eyes shut. His breath washed over my face and his hand wrapped around my back molding me to his cold frigid form. " I don't want this, let me go " I begged thickly and pushed at him, " yes you do darlin, you want me so badly" he said lacing his voice with velvet compulsion before kissing me again. This time I cried and fought his passion trying to pull away as his lips moved along my jaw. I whimpered in revulsion " stop it" I begged as he moved along my neck. He descended on Jake's bite and I screamed in agony as every nerve ending felt like fire and acid burned through them.

Then he was gone, replaced by warm arms that worked like a balm as I was pressed to a warm chest. Family his scent smells comforting like family as I sobbed and shook. " Shh" a voice soothed running a hand over my hair and back " you're safe now" he whispered.

" Keep your filthy dead hands away from my mate leech. Touch her again and your dead, or deader" the voice I loved so dearly growled behind me, Jake.

" I'll take her Jared" he said behind me. I whirled around and pressed my face into his chest and held on tightly as I breathed him in home. Jake always smells like home, my body melted into him as he lifted me in his arms. I pressed my face in his neck and held tightly to him with my arms and legs. " I'm sorry,I didn't know what I was doing Jake. Jasper, he was controlling me some how " I sobbed.

" Hush honey" he crooned running his hand over my hair and rubbed my back " I know exactly what he did, I'm not mad at you it's not your fault " he whispered and kissed my forehead. "Bells" he asked turning his head to talk to her. " Are you up to calling and making an excuse for her parents and Charlie for the night?" he asked her.

" Mrs. James? This is Bella Swan, Stevie's friend. I'm sorry I'm calling so late, a friend of ours got into trouble at the party and Stevie is with her now and exhausted so I'm calling to let you know she's alright but probably better that she stay for the night " Bella told my mom." Okay, I'll let her know, night Mrs James".

" Dad, a friend drank to much so I offered to stay with her for the night, I'm really tired anyway and Stevie James is with me so I'll see you in the morning?" she said," Okay thanks dad". She sighs " there, they shouldn't suspect a thing " she said and I felt a smaller hand on my back.

I heard glass break and turned seeing Jake grabbing my coat through the Cullen's car window and wrapped it around me.

I didn't realize they I ha fallen asleep till I was being set inside Bella's truck. Embry put Bella in beside me and climbed into the back with another guy while Jake drove. He did so one handed and tucked me into his side with the other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538K 15K 37
Completed and edited. Marley Ryder is used to existing in the shadow of her older brothers, it's an accepted fact about being associated with the Ry...
4.5M 126K 85
After a recent wedding for her mother, Maddy finds herself moving to Forks, Washington with her little sister and the happy newly-weds. She's not hap...
88.9K 3.4K 20
Emily has everything she has ever wanted; popularity, a handsome, all-star athlete boyfriend and a top spot on the cheerleading squad. So why does it...
15.1K 312 55
Before she met him, she was innocent. Before she met him, she studied more than most. Before she met him, she had her heart set on school. When Isabe...