The Silent Heart

By WolfFang012

Koharu was a normal girl with a normal life; she had everything a regular would need a loving family to go ho... More

🀀Prologue🀀
🀅Chapter 1: The Cursed Child And The Blessed Child🀅
🀄︎Chapter 2: A Legend Reborn🀄︎
🀇Chapter 3: Meeting a New Companion🀇
🀈Chapter 4: How The Iron Maiden Rise 🀈
🀉 Chapter 5: Village of the Bandai 🀉
🀋Chapter 7: A Blast from the Past🀋
🀌Chapter 8: A Demon's Sword vs A God's Sword Part 1🀌
🀍Chapter 9: A Demon's Sword vs A God's Sword Part 2🀍

🀊Chapter 6: A Demon's Trap🀊

464 25 4
By WolfFang012

{Sengoku Era}

Dawn broke through the mountain tops and shines upon a brand new day our heroes were still sleeping due to the ruckus from the night before. "Good morning, are you awake?" Denkichi's voice was heard from the other side of the door. His voice woke Koharu, and Dororo up from their slumber, they had bed heads that were sticking up all over the place. Koharu yawn as she lifted her head from Hyakkimaru's chest. She was too exhausted to even be flustered to the fact that she had practically slept on the teen. Then the door slid open to reveal Denkichi all ready for the day. " Iron Maiden, Lady Bandai wishes to meet you and your companions." Denkichi said, but Koharu took note on his appearance today. His face was haggard and looked almost frightened. "Bandai? Oh yeah, the village chief." Dororo said wearied as he was rubbing his eye. "Yes, sorry we haven't even prepared your breakfast yet." Denkichi apologized to the group. "It's alright, but I must ask that you give us time to freshen up before we meet Lady Bandai." Koharu said as she bowed to the man. "Very well, I'll be waiting for you outside." Denkichi said before he closed the door behind him.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Once Koharu finished doing her morning routine, fixed Dororo's bed head, and grabbed their things, they followed Denkichi through the village. However, the village was extremely withdrawn compared to the day before. Everyone was in their house and looking through their windows as the Koharu and the others passed by. 'I see then Denkichi here is offering us to the Demon?'Koharu thought as she saw the people spying on her through their windows. "That is her residence." Denkichi told the trio. "Wow." Dororo said in astonishment as Nota yapped in the most adorable manner Koharu seen so far. The Chef's residence was practically a palace with so many buildings within the walls.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Koharu kept a tight grip on her sword once they were lead into a dark room. "Good day." Denkichi said before he closed the doors behind them. "Huh? It's really dark in here." Dororo said before a feminine voice called to them through the darkness. " I shall light a candle" Suddenly a light from a candle cut through the darkness to reveal a woman sitting upright on a comfortable looking bed but there was a sheet concealing the other half of the bed. The woman was very beautiful she had long black hair, and she was wearing a white Kimono. "Forgive me for being like this. I can't use my legs. I am Bandai, the chief of this village." Lady Bandai said in a calm and clear voice. Koharu noticed that Dororo was staring at the woman with a faint blush on his cheeks. The woman notices this too "Do I have something on my face, child?" Lady Bandai asks the little boy. "N-No, it's just you're really pretty." Dororo said with a smile. Lady Bandai smiles at the compliment as she hides her face with her sleeve. "Oh my, thank you. Forgive me for calling you to me, but when I heard the fabled Iron Maiden came into the village I had to meet you." Lady Bandai said as her eyes trails to Koharu body. Suddenly Lady Bandai notices the teen who stood next to girl "Oh, is this the man the villagers says travels with you, Iron Maiden? I never thought it would be you." Lady Bandai said. Then Nota started barking at the woman with hostility. "Nota what's wrong?!" Dororo exclaims as he picks the dog up and tried to make the puppy stop barking. That's when it finally clicked Hyakkimaru and Koharu unsheathed their swords at the woman who only smiled at them. Dororo yelped in confusion at the teens' actions.

"What are you two doing?" Lady Bandai asked with feigned concern. "Don't pretend to be innocent 'Lady Bandai' we already know what you are." Koharu said as she mocked the woman's name. Then Dororo grabbed ahold of the straps of her bag and Hyakkimaru's cloak trying to hold them back. "What are doing Big Sis?!" Dororo called out in confusion. "Dororo let go!" Koharu yelled at the boy as she and Hyakkimaru tried to shake the little boy off as Nota growled at the woman with aversion. "She's human Big Sis! Can't you see that?!" Dororo screamed out catching the attention of the others outside. Suddenly one of the doors flew open to reveal Denkichi and a group of men behind him. "Lady Bandai!" Denkichi cried out in worry as other men ran in to restrain the two teens. "Confiscate her possessions!" One of the men yelled as another man tried to take her sword, but failed as Koharu hit the man in the duodenum with the handle of her sword. The man fell to his knees and started to cough out in pain. At least half of the group tried to seize her, but they failed as Koharu kept on hitting them with the back of her sword or flipping them over her shoulder. However, more men came into the room and overpowered her. The men took her bag and her sword. "Grab the boy and the dog." Another man yelled as they also grabbed Dororo and Nota. "Take them to the storehouse." Denkichi ordered the men as they began to drag the group away. Just before Koharu was taken out of the room Lady Bandai and Koharu glared at each other one last time before they took Koharu and her friends away.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

The men threw Koharu and her friends into the storehouse and locked the doors behind them. The trio pulled themselves from the ground and sat on the floor. "What the heck Big Sis? I get that the monster last night wasn't a threat, but you and Hyakkimaru would attack a kind-looking lady?!" Dororo yelled as he rubbed his head. Koharu said nothing to the boy but looked away from him and had her attention on Nota who was sniffing around the storehouse. "You're just as blind as Hyakkimaru!" Dororo yelled before Koharu gave the little boy a chop on the head. "OW!!!! Why did you do that Big Sis?!" Dororo asked as he held his head in pain. "Because you're acting like a little brat Dororo." Koharu said with a scolding look on her face. "Listen remember what I told you last night Dororo?" Koharu asked the little boy who was just ignoring her. "Dororo that lady is not a kind lady." Koharu said making Dororo turn around to look at the girl in shock. Then suddenly Nota's barking cut through their little discussion. "It's quite lively today." an old and worn voice chuckled in the storehouse. Koharu and Dororo got surprised by the voice and saw an old man who was bald and not only that he was blind. The old man was wearing worn out monk clothes he looked just like a priest he was also carrying a biwa on his back while he was sitting down beside the wooden pillar. The old priest chuckled as he petted Nota. "I'm glad to have some companions." The priest said with a smile. "Excuse me sir but who are you?" Koharu asked with a hint of hostility. Considering that everyone in the village was against the trio and they took her sword away Koharu wasn't too friendly at the moment. "I'm just an old priest passing through...." The old priest said as he turned his head to see Koharu's blue soul waver. "Did you get caught too, Priest?" Dororo asked the old priest. "I heard there was a monster so I came to see, and they lock me up in my sleep." The old priest answered. "Why?" Dororo asked in confusion. Why would such nice people do that to an old man? "Who knows? Maybe your friend here could tell us." The priest said Before he started to walk over to the group. "Huh?" Dororo cocks his head in confusion as the old man came closer to Hyakkimaru and Koharu.

"But anyway, I've seen you before somewhere." The priest muttered as he came closer. "You can see? Just like Hyakkimaru." Koharu said with uncertainty. "We see some things people with sight can't see. Sometimes, it's much more accurate, too." The priest said with a smile. "Then I was right it is some sort of six sense. But what do you guys see?" Koharu said in curiosity. "For example, the child looks like a clear white flame while your's is as blue as the sky. It's very unusual for a human to have a different color flame." The priest said to the girl who tilts her head in bewilderment. "Flame?" Dororo questioned the old priest. "Your soul, so to speak. We see what's on the inside, not the outside." The priest explains. "Soul? Inside?" Dororo could only whisper out the words the priest said. Dororo looked over to Koharu who only gave the child a smirk, then it hit him like a ton of bricks. " So when you and Hyakkimaru drew your swords back there..." Dororo muttered before Hyakkimaru and the priest senses something dangerous coming fast. Nota started barking at the well before Koharu rushed over to the puppy and pulled it to her chest while she backed towards the group. "Now what?" Dororo asked in anxiety as he ran over to Koharu and hugged her in fear. "watch out. I sense something strange." The priest said before a wind came in and blew out the only source of light in the room. "Ah! I can't see!" Dororo cried out as he started to shake in fear. Then he suddenly felt a warm hand on the top on his head as it ruffled his curls in comfort. "Don't worry Dororo." Even though Dororo couldn't see he could imagine that the teenager was giving him a smile. It helped Dororo calm down for a bit before Hyakkimaru took out his sword again.

The group heard slithering noises coming from the well before a large splat. Suddenly Hyakkimaru shot through the room and slashed at the creature who wailed out in pain. The creature quickly fled from the boy, but Hyakkimaru wasn't gonna let it go so easily. "What's happening? What was that voice?" Dororo asked in worry as he hugged the girl tightly in fear. "Come with me." the priest said before he grabbed Koharu's right wrist. Koharu put Nota in her Kimono before she used her only free hand to hold on to Dororo's shoulder in order to follow the priest.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Half an hour later the three-plus Nota were at the bottom of the well. Though the path was too narrow and steep for Dororo Koharu had no choice, but to carry Dororo on her back while Nota was sitting comfortably in her Kimono. "It seems like this well is connected to the outside." The priest said to the girl. "I can't see! No! I'm Scared!" Dororo cried out as he clung to the girl for dear life. "Dororo...your choking me." Koharu strangled before Dororo loosens his grip. "S-Sorry B-Big Sis..." Dororo said tearfully as Koharu continues to walk towards the exist. "See Dororo. It's okay were gonna-Ahhh!" Koharu was caught off guard by on her chin tickling her. "N-Nota! S-Stop it!" Koharu said trying her best not to lose her balance. Dororo came to the rescue by using his trembling hands to push the puppy's head down in order to stop Nota from licking her face. Koharu took deep breathes before she started walking again.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Once the group finally got out of the well they noticed that the well was right in front of Laby Bandai's chamber. Koharu let Dororo hop off her back and she pulled Nota out of her Kimono. "There's your friend right there." The priest said to the two before Hyakkimaru kicked down the doors that lead to Laby Bandai's room. Lady Bandai was still sitting in her bed smirk at the malformed boy. "Have you come to attack me again? Me, a sick woman. Why?" Landy Bandai said with fraudulent. "You can cut the bull shit! Your anything but a sick woman Lady Bandai. Or should I even call you that demon?" Koharu sneered as she stands next to Hyakkimaru. The so-called Lady Bandai glared at the teenager with ferocity. "Give it up. We only see what's inside of you." The priest said while the woman's glare hardened. "What color?" Dororo asked. "Let's see. What I see now is the murky color of blood. The worst color of all." The priest said in disgust. "It's too bad I couldn't eat you the first time Iron Maiden. Your Lover had to get in the way of that." The Demon said before her whole body was suddenly wrapped in gauze except for her hair. Then low rumbling was heard at the other end of the bed and then yellow lights flickered through the sheet that almost looked like glowing eyes. Hyakkimaru pushed Koharu back as he drew his other sword. The sheet and covers of the bed were thrown away to reveal that was hidden. Dororo was scared out of his witts while brave little Nota kept on barking at the monster with hostility. "I'm sure you've realized it, but this is something worse than a ghoul." The priest said as the monster roared that the group sending debris towards them. Hyakkimaru shielded Koharu with his body because of that his cheek was cut by some flying debris. "It's a Demon." The priest said as some debris cut his shoulder while protecting Dororo and Nota.

Once the gust of wind died down Hyakkimaru ran towards the demon at lighting speed but the Demon hit Hyakkimaru with its tail. The Demon tried to hit him again but luckily Hyakkimaru dodged it before the tail could hit him. Hyakkimaru lunged towards the Demon with the intent to kill. However, the demon used the hair of its mane to stab Hyakkimaru through his left shoulder. "Hyakkimaru!" Koharu yelled before she pulled her Kimono up to show her combat boots and grabbed her hunting knife that was inside the boot. Koharu at the Demon which landed directly in its right eye as purple blood spilled out, it screamed out in pain before letting Hyakkimaru go. Koharu ran over to the injured boy before they were both caught in the sheet that was hanging out the bed. "Lady Bandai, Run!" Denkichi yelled as the Demon ran away into the Bamboo forest Hyakkimaru cut through the sheet before running after the Demon. "I knew it!" Koharu yelled as she stomped her way towards the now trembling man. She grabbed the collar of his robs and started shaking him like there was no tomorrow "You son of a bitch how many?! How many innocent people did you let that thing kill?!" Koharu yelled as the man looked away from her in shame. "I had to, or else it would've eaten up the villagers." Denkichi said in stigma. "So instead of asking for help, you decided to let it eat others not only that but, your fine with it attacking other people just so you could keep all of the things travelers had on them in order to get money." Koharu said with rage in her eyes. Denkichi was surprised that this woman knew "So you were right all along Big Sis! But then why did you ask us to slay it?" Dororo asked it confusion. "It seems like it wasn't Bandai that he wanted slayed." The priest said while Dororo looked at him in confusion. "That doesn't matter I need to help Hyakkimaru. Tell me where are my sword and backpack is and I might go easy on you." Koharu threatened the man who trembled at her voice. "I won't!" Denkichi yelled trying to sound brave but it didn't work. "Okay let me put it to you this way. We can do this the easy way or..my vote the hard way." Koharu said with an evil glint in her eye as she cracked her knuckles in a while Denkichi looked about ready to soil himself.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

In the Bamboo forest, the Demon continues to run away from the teenager. Hyakkimaru ran towards the red flame but slowed down when an assemblage of bamboo spears came fly right at the boy. The Demon used its mane to grab the Bamboo spears and throw at the boy. Hyakkimaru cut down a few of the Bamboo spears before one of them pinned down the cloak that causes him to fall on the ground. The Demon loamed over Hyakkimaru and looked ready to kill the boy until a familiar bell chime distracted the Demon. The Demon looked down again to see that Hyakkimaru was gone it didn't know where the boy was at until the Demon raised its head up to see Hyakkimaru coming down from the sky. Hyakkimaru stabbed the Demon right in between its eyes as purple blood spilled from the wounds. The Demon roared out in agony as it fell on its side, but its tail unwrapped itself to reveal Lady Bandai again. "I Knew it. You! To think you were still alive." Landy Bandai said with hate towards the boy in front of her. "Because of that damn prophecy, 'it'failed to take you. Not only that but the hound we sent didn't kill that woman." Lady Bandai said as she started to transform again. Hyakkimaru, on the other hand, looked like he can hear every word the Demon was said and how she was ridiculing him and Koharu. "Have you two come to get the rest back? To fulfill the prophecy? Interesting. Let's see if you can-" The Demon was cut off by Koharu's sword stabbed dead center of her forehead. Hyakkimaru turned around to see Koharu's blue soul among four other white flames. "She was getting on my nerves." Koharu said before she walked over to the dead body of the Demon to retrieve her sword and knife.

The sound of a bell cut through the silence of the forest once again everyone turned their heads to see the same spirit standing on a little hill. "It's him." Dororo said as the spirit began to disappear into the ground. Dororo ran over to the hill to see a glimmer in the soil. "What's that?" Dororo said to himself before Nota came in and started to dig in the soil. What Nota dug up revealed to be a mountain of Ryō "Look, Big Sis, lots of money! Wow!" Dororo shouted as everyone except Hyakkimaru gathered around the boy. "That's the money from the travelers you let the Demon kill isn't it." Koharu asked Denkichi who only nods in shame. "Our village has nothing to make money with. We thought everything was lost when the monster Bandai took over. But the first traveler Lady Bandai ate had a lot of money on him." Denkichi explained which made Koharu look at him with anger and disgust. "That's when you decided to make a pact with the Demon in order to get the money." Koharu sneered. "Seriously?! You guys are awful! Even worse than monsters!" Dororo yelled at the man in anger before the bell chimed again. Denkichi looked terrified as covered his ears in pain. "Stop that sound, please!" Denkichi yelled. "Is that sound what you wanted us to slay?" The priest asked as Denkichi fell on his knees. "It's the sound of the bell that the first traveler carried...a pilgrim's bell." Denkichi said as Dororo clenches his hands in anger. "This is your punishment Denkichi...The reminder of all the lives you've ended." Koharu said before she and the others left the man alone in the Bamboo forest.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Sorry for saying that stuff to you and Hyakkimaru Big Sis. I was the one who was blind." Dororo apologizes to Koharu whose carrying Nota. "Its fine Dororo. You didn't know at the time." Koharu said as she continues to pet Nota. "Don't let it get to you. Its natural for those with sight to be tricked." The priest said trying to cheer the little boy up, but it didn't seem to have any effect. "She looked like her." Dororo muttered catching the priest and Koharu's attention. "Like my dead mama..." Dororo said in a sad tone. Hyakkimaru looked at the Dororo's soul to see that it was flickering in sadness so he did the only thing he knew. Hyakkimaru walked in front of Dororo making everyone stop in the process. Then Hyakkimaru cupped the boy's face trying his best to cheer him up. "Huh. What now?" Dororo asked as his cheeks started to flush. Koharu giggled at the scene as she remembered Hyakkimaru did the same to her when they first met. "Stop treating me like a kid, you lover boy!" Dororo yelled after he pushed Hyakkimaru away. Hyakkimaru then crouched down and started writing on the dirt road "You can write?" Dororo asked in wonder. "Hey Big Sis, what did he write?" Dororo asked the girl who only looked at him with shock. "You can't read can you Dororo?" Koharu asked the boy who only gave her a nod. "Hey, how about later I'll teach you how to read and write. Okay, Dororo?" Koharu asked as the boy looked at the girl in surprise. Dororo smiled and gave her a quick nod in excitement showing that he was more than happy at the offer. Koharu gave the boy a smile before walking over towards what Hyakkimaru wrote.

友達

"It says a friend...Hyakkimaru thinks your his friend Dororo. Awww, isn't that sweet." Koharu said with a smile. While Dororo looked at the teenager with tears running down his cheeks. "Oh come on Dororo don't cry." Koharu as she put Nota down and wiped the boy's tears away with her sleeve. "I'm not crying!" Dororo tried to denied as Koharu and the priest laughed at the boy's denial while Hyakkimaru gave a small smile. But suddenly Hyakkimaru started to rock in pain as his nerves system was restored within his body. "Hyakkimaru!" Koharu cried out in distress before Hyakkimaru fell on his knees. "Are you alright?! Hyakkimaru!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1.3K 35
Y/n think there's nothing that happened between her and Shuu. Shuu also has the same thought. Equally insensitive and too afraid to ruin what they cu...
6.2K 156 63
Lexi Carter has moved to Japan with her dad and starts a new life at Tottori Hakurou. Although she is a rugby player, Lexi loves sumo and would even...
132K 5.8K 70
Destiny. Fate. Sumiko never really believed in any of it until she met that man. Out of place and out of time, all Sumiko wanted to do was protect he...
805 33 19
Shania (shan/eye/ah) Fern is a blacksmith apprentice, and has been for years. She is good at what she does, dubbing her the one to take care of any r...