Sam & Colby One Shots

By samandcolby1216

just some solby All the titles are song names More

long live
lost without you
hotline bling
are you gonna kiss me or not?
sipping on fire
dead or alive
dead or alive (2)
dead or alive (3)
bloodline
up all night
dj got us falling in love
speechless
fireflies
we don't have to take our clothes off
paralyzed
bright lights
sign of the times
life is a highway
bad blood
crazier
talk fast
tidal wave
only human
cool for the summer
burn
as long as you love me
mistletoe
when christmas comes to town
santa tell me
baby it's cold outside
silent night
pillowtalk
take care
take care (2)
friends
tequila
we've lost touch
alone together
breathin'
i miss the days
he like that
i never told you
halo
halo (2)
say you won't let go
us against the world
waiting for superman
all of the stars
give me love
3 am
ballin'
better
song like you
some nights
back to december
how to save a life
your love is my drug
chasing cars
lover
slow motion
hallucinations
getaway car
work from home
blue roses
watermelon sugar
need you now
need you now (2)
calm down
from now on
set fire to the rain
closer to the edge
eyes closed
chasing you

swim

4.6K 97 18
By samandcolby1216

"Sam cmon there's gonna be a lot of traffic if we don't leave now," I called from downstairs.

Sam, Corey, Jake and I were all going to the beach today. We all finally had a day off and we wanted to not spend it inside. We're always inside so Corey had the bright idea to go to the beach.

It was currently 9am and the beach was about an hour away. So if we don't leave now, there would for sure be more traffic than if we left later. Corey and Jake were already outside packing my car full of essentials.

I hear Sam running down the stairs. When he emerges from the around the corner I smile widely. He's wearing his hot pink swim trunks, the ones that match mine. He's also wearing a white t shirt and a baseball cap. He walks up to me and pats my back.

"Now we're waiting on you Colby," Sam yells as he walks outside. I laugh and quickly follow him, locking the door.

We all pile into my car, Sam in the front seat next to me while Jake and Corey were stuck in the back. Sam grabs the aux cord and starts playing some jams. We belt out the lyrics and do awkwardly funny dance moves the whole way.

We finally reach the beach and there's already some traffic building up over the bridge. I look over at Sam who is enthralled by the water. The sun is hitting the water making it shimmer. Now that I think about it, I don't think he's ever been to the beach before.

"Why does the beach always have to be so busy?" Jake whines from the backseat. We're currently bumper to bumper.

"Probably because it's summer time and people like going to the beach during the summer," Corey says sarcastically.

Jake groans and I slowly let my foot off the brake to move up. Eventually after sitting in traffic for 20 minutes we somehow manage to find a parking spot. We all get out and I open the trunk.

Corey grabs the cooler and a chair, Jake grabs the other chair. I hand Sam the umbrella and then I carry the rest of the towels. We make our way to the sand.

"I'm so excited," Sam squeals. Jake gives him a sideways glance.

"Have you never been before?" He questions. Sam looks at me hesitantly before saying, "The only time I've ever been was with Colby but we were here for an event. So I've never actually been to the beach per say."

"Well we're gonna make your first time here the best ever," Jake sings.

I had forgotten about the event. It actually wasn't even an event, we were bored one night and we ended up at the beach. We never went out on the sand or anything though. Just strolled down the sidewalks.

We haul our stuff through the sand. I take my shoes off because I could walk better without them. Everyone else liked my idea and followed my actions. The beach was crowded with colorful umbrellas lining the shore. Little kids were running around playing football, others were splashing at the waters edge. Then there were your typical teenage girls who were laying on towels soaking up the sun.

Once finding a spot on the sand close to the water, we dropped our stuff. Corey and Jake instantly take their shirts off and run towards the water. Sam stays by my side to help me with the umbrella.

"I swear they're kids when it comes to water," I tell Sam as we watch them splash water onto each other.

The umbrella was up, chairs and towels were out and Sam and I were relaxing on shore. Our shirts were off, soaking up the sun, trying to get color to our pale bodies.

I was gazing at people around us: an older couple reading books, a mother and her two sons. The mother was watching her children closely as they swam in the water. There were also people walking the beach, toes sinking in the muddy sand and looking for seashells. And I wondered where they would put all the seashells they collected at.

"You guys have to check the water out," Jake calls coming back to shore. He reaches for a water bottle, dripping wet. I glance at Sam who is still laying down, a faint red tint now present on his cheeks.

"Is it cold?" Sam questions leaning up on his elbow.

"It's not bad after awhile," Jake says after chugging the water. Then he's running back out to Corey who is floating on his back. I watch as Jake splashes up next to him which caused Corey to flail around. I laugh at their ridiculousness.

"He never answered my question," Sam mumbles.

"I'm sure when you first get in it'll be chilly. But after you'll get used to it," I say. I've been to the beach multiple times so I should know.

We sit in silence for awhile enjoying the heat. But after another ten minutes I was drenched in sweat. I sit up and see Sam looking longingly at the ocean, at Jake and Corey swimming back and forth. They have yet to get out since we got here.

"Wanna go?"

Sam looks at me and I catch a glimmer of fear in his eyes.

"Huh?" He swallows hard. I can see beads of sweat falling from his forehead. And his face was already so red and I cursed myself for not bringing any sunscreen. I knew Sam gets burned easily but it slipped my mind while we were packing.

"Swimming? Wanna go swimming?"

I'm standing up now and I reach for him to stand up too. Once he's on his feet I notice how scared he looks.

"Wait, you do know how to swim right?" I question. Sam shakes his head, no.

"But don't tell the others," he says quickly. I could tell he was embarrassed.

"But I thought you knew how."

"Mm no, no one taught me. And we lived in Kansas for 18 years there's no ocean in Kansas."

I nodded because it was true. Kansas didn't have any oceans and when we did go swimming it was usually at a community pool. Now that I think about it, Sam and I would always stay in the shallow end. I guess swimming came natural to me.

"Well don't worry. We'll stay in the shallow area and I'll be next to you the whole time," I say, dragging Sam behind me.

We reach the shore where the water laps over the sand. Our toes sink in the wet sand and water rolls over our feet. Sam hissed at the temperature. I take another step forward but don't get very far because Sam is pulling me back. His fingernails digging into my arm.

His eyes show fear and confusion. It's like he was frozen in that one spot.

"Cmon Sam," I coax him. Slowly, he takes a step forward. We get up to our knees when he stops again. Jake and Corey are luckily not paying any attention to us. He's still holding my hand and I feel him squeeze it.

Then suddenly he's jumping face first into the water. I gasp and reach for him. He emerged soaking wet, spitting water out of his mouth. He clutches my arms and coughs up some water.

"Why'd you do that for?" I yell at him, partially laughing.

"I just wanted to get it over with," Sam coughs.

"Well?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm not hot anymore," he laughs. He wipes his face.

We venture deeper into the water until we're almost to Jake and Corey. I call out to them to come a little closer. The water is now just at my shoulder. Every time a wave comes by my feet lift off the ground. I hear splashing behind me and whip around to see Sam going under.

I swim the short distance to him and pull him up. I forgot he's shorter than me and probably couldn't touch the bottom. He wraps his legs around my waist and coughs up water.

"Colby," he stutters.

"I won't let you drown baby," I say into his ear. He holds me tight. A wave rolls by and Sam takes a deep breath, thinking we're going under again.

Jake and Corey reach us and laugh at Sam holding onto me.

"Someone scared?" Corey asks.

"Someone can't swim," Sam hisses out. Corey holds up his hands in surrender. Jake splashes him.

We spend the rest of the time in the water because being on shore was too hot. Sam was still wrapped around me. Although now I'm giving him a piggyback ride. My hands placed firmly under his thighs as his arms are around my shoulders. Every now and then I feel his head rest on my upper back.

Eventually Corey got out to check the time and called us back to shore. It was 4:30pm when we got out. We pack up our things and head for my car. We were so busy with being in the water, we never ate any of the snacks we brought. So we ate them on the car ride home.

Once getting home, we all collapse on the couches in the living room. Sam was laying on my legs and I ran a hand through his hair.

"I took one thing from this trip," Jake announces. We all look at him.

"We need to wear sunscreen," Jake says. We all burst out laughing because it was true. We were all sunburnt because I had forgot to bring sunscreen. I think Sam had it the worst. His back was fried a bright red and his face looked the same. I could feel the heat radiating off him just by sitting next to him.

They eventually left to get food, leaving Sam and I. I'm pretty sure he was asleep so I move my leg to see. He didn't move so I carefully picked him up. His head rolled onto my shoulder as he slept. I walked him to his room and laid him down on his bed.

"Thanks Colby," he whispers, stirring awake.

"For what?"

"Not letting me drown," Sam whispers out. I laugh and sit next to him. His hand intertwines with mine.

"Maybe next time we go I'll teach you how to swim," I say, moving back some of his blonde hair. His cheeks were bright red and I couldn't tell if he was blushing or not.

"Sounds like a plan," he mumbled before falling back asleep. I let him sleep and go back to my room. I couldn't wait until the next time we go to the beach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 2.5K 49
Imagines of Trap house but mostly Colby Enjoy :)
508K 9.6K 92
ALL ABOUT SOLBY!!
9.6K 226 22
𝕀𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕝 π•₯𝕠 π•‘π•’π•£π•’π••π•šπ•€π•– π•šπ•€π•π•’π•Ÿπ••