β˜†Chase Me, Shumai.β˜†

By Luca_Balsa

Shuichi Saihara, The ultimate detective along with Kyoko Kirigiri. They work as partners in the police forces... More

01 β€’ The start of the game
02 β€’ Kaito Momota
03 β€’ The big bang
04 β€’ Motive
05 β€’ Darkness
06 β€’ War
07 β€’ Brusies
08 β€’ Black and white
09 β€’ Questionaire
010 β€’ Murder
011 β€’ The Criminal, Assassin and Detective
012 β€’ Turning Tables
013 β€’ Tick Tock
014 β€’ Rabbit and wolves
CΜΈΜ•Ν›hΜ·Ν˜ΜŠΝ„Μ„Μ‡Μ„ΝΜ›Μ±Μ£Ν™e̡̾́͒́cΜ·Ν‚kΜΆΜ‘Μ‘Μ†ΜˆΜŠmΜΆΝ˜ΝΜƒΜ‘aΜ΄ΝƒtΜΆΝ€ΜšΝ ΜΝ‹ΜŠΝ Ν‰Μ²ĕ̸́
016 β€’ Miss me?
018 β€’ Demur
019 β€’ Bury me in a field of flowers and say I love you
Authors note
020 β€’ It's not gay if you have socks on
021 β€’ Wa?
00 β€’ Authors note
00 β€’ Friendly PSA
00 β€’ Important update!!
New Story

017 β€’ Sorry Shumai~

3.1K 128 369
By Luca_Balsa

Beep.
Where am I?
Beep.
What happened?
Beep.
Shuichi shifted somewhat, moving his hands around until-
Why can't I...
Something pulled on his hand, preventing him from moving it up. He gave out a stiffled groan, opening his eyes, only to be blinded by a white light. Dropping his arms back down, he shifted his glance around, attempting to identify where he was as his eyes adjusted. A slight sound rumbled from the detectives throat once he realised that he was in a hospital bed.
Why am I..-
Right. Shuichi shook his head from the horrid and disquieting thoughts, observing his surroundings silently. Remaining silent, his glance flickered over to the sleeping purple haired detective, slumped over in a chair next to the bed silently.
Did she stay here?
Shuichi frowned to himself, his stare remaining on the detective, before moving his glance back up to the roof, eventually sliding to The TV hanging down. 'Ultra despair girls' or whatever it was, was playing on the tv screen.
Was Kirigiri also a fan?
Shuichi frowned somewhat, staring up at the screen. Watching the megaphone-wielding female aim at one of the black and white bears, then exploding it, really didn't seem possible. Continuing to watch, the detective only realised how much more stupid it was. How could people like this? That other girl- with the glasses, had another personality. 'Genocide Jack.'
Wasn't Genocide Jack a serial killer? Shuichi shook his head, lowering his head down to stare at nothing. Replying the events in his head, the frown spread further on his pale features.
It all seemed so impossible but..
He shifted one of his bandaged hands up, staring down at it.
I was there. I know it happened.
Dropping it back down, he gave out a small sigh as he shifted his head back further into the pillow.
Closing his eyes, he simply waited for the female to wake up.

Hearing rustling next to him alerted him, waking him up as he became startled, his glance flashing around as he somewhat raised himself from the bed. Eventually sliding his glance over to Kirigiri, only realising that she wasn't there anymore. Shuichi frowned, glancing up at the blank TV. Shifting his glance outside, he gave out a small sigh.
It was night time.
Did he sleep that long?
Wait.
If Kirigiri left then what made the sound that woke him up? Shifting his glance back around the growing dark room, a slight feeling that he was being watched grew on him. He exhaled a breath, attempting to calm down his nerves.
''Hello?''
Shuichi questioned into the room, his grey hued stare flickering around the room. No one responded. Well, not with words.
Shuichi jumped somewhat, hearing the clatter against the ground seemed to stop his heartbeat.
''Who's there?''
Shuichi spoke up, unable to move from the bed. Shifting his hands up, he adjusted his hair somewhat, as he squinted his eyes.
Glancing back down, Shuichi noticed the cords that stopped him from moving had disappeared from his body. Moving himself up, he stepped down into the room, his glance flickering around. Noticing he was in a hospital gown, he exhaled a breath, taking a step forward-
Before nearly falling over. Catching himself on the bed, he shifted a glance around to figure out what would help him. Reaching for a wheeled object, he used that to support himself in moving.
''Kokichi, is that you?''
Shuichi questioned with a soft voice, moving out into the middle of the room. Moving around, the wheels squeaked silently like a small mouse, unable to identify anyone in the room. Or anything.
Shuichi frowned, making his way back to the bed until the wink of metal caught his attention. Glancing back, he began to move towards the object laying on the ground.
That's what had fallen down.
Shuichi reached down, picking up the sharp knife from the ground.
But what was it doing here?
Slipping his glance around, he gripped the knife with a sweaty palm, before snapping his frightened stare to the squeaking door. As it slid open, he had the small glimpse of someone running through the door.
Kokichi?
''Wait!''
Shuichi called out, before limping after them. Going through the door, he had left it open as he raced after the retreating person. They were small, that was for sure. He crashed into the corner, giving out a slight gasp as his shoulder collided with the wall. Shaking his head, he slid his glance up towards another open door. This didn't seem like Kokichi. He wouldn't leave doors open if he was trying to run away from him. But why? Why was he running? Shuichi frowned before moving through the door, shifting his glance around. Perhaps he was trying to lead him somewhere? Glancing back down towards the knife in his hands, puzzlement continued to cross the detectives mind. Why did he have a knife?
Shuichi shook the possible answer from his head, before continuing to move around.
Biting down on his lip, he glanced towards the now many open doors. Staring there silently, he remained silent as he attempted to locate where the stranger, or Kokichi, had gone.
The soft 'Nishishi,' had instantly darted himself to the far right door.
''Kokichi!''
Shuichi yelled out, before darting into the room. The door behind him was slammed shut, causing him to jump as he turned around. He glanced back around the room, frowning somewhat.
''This isn't funny anymore, Kokichi!''
Shuichi demanded, his tone turning tough as he tried to identify where the male was. Shifting the knife in his hand, he lowered it down as he glanced around, attempting to locate where he was further.
''Kokichi?''
Shuichi questioned, before shaking his head. He didn't have time for his silly games. He had to get back to bed before the nurses found him gone. He began to shift around, moving towards the door as he frowned somewhat. Glancing back as he heard the footsteps running after him, he felt the arms clasp around his waist.

''Waah! Shumai help me~!''
The voice whined out from behind him, the grip around his waist tightening. Shuichi gave out a small sigh, before slouching down somewhat.
''Let go Oum-'' Shuichi was cut off as he was thrown to the ground, a slight sound escaping the male as his dazed stare locked with the roof. He narrowed his eyes somewhat, before attempting to get up.
''Kokichi, what-'' Shuichi questioned, freezing once he saw the male wasn't there. He stiffened somewhat, sending his glance around.
''Kokichi?''
Shuichi questioned, before shifting back up onto his feet. Shuichi moved around, attempting to locate the boy. This was getting weirder. Shuichi continued to move around, his glance sliding around. Constantly calling out Kokichi's name, he had eventually heard the footsteps running behind him again. Shuichi gave out a small sound before turning around, preparing to speak until he noticed it wasn't Kokichi.
It was that guy from before- the one who ran the cult.
His brown eyes flickered dangerous hatred filled fires, a cruel smile spread across his face. A low chuckle escaped his throat, as he reached out for the boy.
Shuichi gave out a slight yell as he closed his eyes, raising his armed hand up to fend off the male. A slight sound escaped his attacker, a small gurgle, as Shuichi felt the knife cut into the other person. Shuichi opened his eyes, glancing back before freezing.
The soft smile spread across the liars face paled Shuichi, as he stared back at the dark purple orbs shimmering softly. Blood dripped from the leaders mouth, causing Shuichis stare to flicker down, towards the knife in his stomach.
Kokichi wasn't running at him before. It wasn't-
The detective grasped open his mouth, attempting to make a sound. Kokichi gave out a small, quiet laugh as he also glanced down at the knife poking from his stomach.
''Do you.. Hate me that much, Shumai?''
Kokichi questioned, gripping his hands around the knifes blade before pulling it from his stomach. Shuichi gave out a small sound before darting forward, catching the male in his arms before he hit the ground. The bloody knife clatteredon the ground.
''Kokichi No I- Kokichi please I didn't mean..'' Shuichi rushed out, pressing his hands against the liars wound. Kokichi gave out a small laugh, remaining still as he watched the detective.
''Ni..ShiShi..! You're crying for me, Detective~! But you.. Killed me! That makes.. N..o sense..!'' Kokichi stated, struggling to speak out his words to the detective. Shuichi shook his head, realising that he was, infact, crying. Kokichi watched, his expression mixed with pain and... Amusement.
''Kokichi I.. I don't hate you..! I..'' Shuichi words trailed off, his eyebrows digging down. I..
'''I hate you, K-Kokichi.. Ouma..! With every.. Fiber of my body! I'm.. g..lad I stabbed... you!'' Kokichi's eyes gleamed, staring up at the detective. His smile remained spread across his face, watching the detective visably shake agressively.
''I don't hate you! Kokichi please! Don't go..!'' Shuichi asked, before lowering his head somewhat. Kokichi frowned, his eyes darkening as he watched the detective.
''Nishishi.. Y.. You're so.. S.. t u p i d, My beloved~!'' Kokichi grinned, the light from his eyes fading as he stated those words.
His body went limp in the detectives arms. Shuichi froze, glancing back down at the males pale face.
''W-Wait, Kokichi, C-Come back I..''
I think I love you. No. I love you. I love you, Kokichi. I love you. Come back. Kokichi. I love you. Please. Kokichi. I'm sorry.
Shuichi gave out a strangled breath, lowering his head. ''P-Please! Kokichi, I.. I can't.. Please..'' Shuichi cried, sobbing for the liar.
Eventually he gave out a scream. Then another. Clutching onto the body, his purple curls shifted around his bloody arm, as he clutched the leaders body. Shuichi continued to scream, he continued to scream even as his voice turned horse and dry, even as his voicebox stung. His body had began to shake, as if someone else was tugging on him.

''..Uichi. Chi. Shui..hi.. Shuichi! Wake up! Shuichi!''

Shuichi gave out a sudden tell as he lashed up, only to be prevented by the cords in his arm. He slammed back down onto the bed, squirming as his wild grey orbs snapped around fearfully, attempting to locate where he was.
''Shuichi! Calm down!'' The voice next to him demanded, two hands pressing down onto his body. Snapping his stare towards the voice, he noticed the lavender haired female, as her hands shifted up to his face.
''Shuichi, calm down. It was a dream.'' She stated, forcing him to keep eye contact with her. Shuichi's breathing remained rapid, as he simply stated. Eventually she had wiped his tears away, once he had calmed down entirely.
''What... Happened?'' Shuichi asked, his eyebrows flickering up in concern. Kirigiri sat back down, straightening herself up. ''I woke up to you screaming. It sounded like you were getting murdered, with so the thrashing and yelling you were doing.'' Kirigiri stated, rubbing her eyes somewhat.
''I... Woke you up?'' Shuichi asked, before shaking his head somewhat. ''I'm sorry- I didn't mean to..'' Shuichi trailed off, his glance flickering out somewhat. It was a dream? It seemed all too real to be a dream. Shuichi glanced back, as the female gave out a small sigh. ''Doesn't matter. I was waiting for you to wake up. What were you dreaming about?'' The female asked, crossing her arms against her chest as she leaned back, watching the detective carefully. Observing.
''It was when.. I was kidnapped. They had.. Made me stab Maki..'' Shuichi stated the lie carefully, frowning at himself as he shifted his glance around, attempting to locate anyone else in the room. His heart continued to thunder against his chest, before he glanced back towards Kirigiri.
''Stabbed your friend.. Huh?'' Kirigiri questioned, her eyebrows flickering up as he continued to watch the detective.
Shit! Did she already catch on? This is bad.. If she-
''She's the one who rescued you, correct?'' Kirigiri asked, her head shifting to the side somewhat. Shuichi exhaled a breath he hadn't realised he was holding, before somewhat nodding. ''Yes. She's the one who saved me.'' Shuichi stated, a thought building up on his head. Did she tell her about Kokichi? Kirigiri nodded somewhat, giving out a small hum.
''About what happened, I'll get your alibi for what happened later, once you've been released.'' The female stated, continuing to watch the male. Shuichi nodded with a soft hum, before both of their glanced slid towards the soft taps of shoes against the ground. The familiar brown haired female approached the bed, her red gleaming eyes locking on Shuichi. Behind her was Kaito.

''Yo! Bro! Are you alright? I heard what happened and I rushed over as soon as I can. But they wouldn't let me in because you were still recovering! I was so worried you had died or something! Then I saw Maki, and she explained what happened further! Luckily she was there to save you Bro! Then eventually we came in and I'm so happy to see you!'' Kaito explained, rushing to his friends side as he somewhat hugged him tightly as lifting him from the bed, before letting go and shifting back. Shuichi gave out a small sound, frowning as pain thrummed, well, everywhere. ''Sorry Shuichi!''Kaito awkwardly laughed, before rubbing the back of his head somewhat with a small grin. ''It's alright.. Kaito.'' Shuichi returned the smile, before his grey glance shifted back towards more voices.

''Shuichi? Are you here?'' The soft voice shifted through, as the familiar yellow haired pianist moved into the room. Her purple eyes sparked up in happiness as she saw Shuichi laying in the bed, her glance flickering around to everyone else. ''Oh! Hello! I'm Kaede! It's nice to meet you!'' Kaede introduced herself to Kirigiri, smiling brightly as she shifted by Makis side.

''Kaede..'' Shuichi's smile remained in his face, his glance flickering over to Kaito as he spoke up. ''Kaito Momota! Luminary of the stars! And this is Maki!'' Kaito introduced them, wrapping his arms around Maki as he continued to smile, the assassin shifting her stare towards the female detective.

''Hello..'' Maki mumbled, before somewhat adjusting her red stare towards the pianist.

''Kirigiri. It's nice to meet you all.'' The female stated, nodding her head towards the three. She had stared at maku for longer. Kaede smiled brightly, before shifting her stare back towards Shuichi. ''I got you a gift!''Kaede stated, before shifting her bag from her back. Shuichi shook his head, giving out a small sound. ''Kaede you.. Shouldn't have I..'' Kaede shifted the wrapped box onto the bed, smiling brightly. ''Too late! I already got it so you can't return it! Its rude to decline a gift from a friend you know!'' Kaede exclaimed, puffing out her cheeks as she crossed her arms against her chest. Shuichi gave out a small sound, before nodding his head. ''Alright then..''

''Shuichi!'' Another voice called out.

How many people came?

Shuichi moved his glance back towards the white haired 'boy', his head shifting to the side somewhat. ''Kiibo. Hello.'' Shuichi nodded, as the robot shifted up to the foot of his bed. Even he had a small box on his hands. ''I heard about what happened and I came over as soon as possible! Please accept my gift!'' Kiibo stated, bowing down as he placed the gift down onto the bed.

''Maki! Did you bring the gift?'' Kaito turned towards the female, his arm remaining wrapped around her waist.
''Kaito. You were suppose to do that.''
''W-What?'' Kaito exclaimed, before giving our a small sound. ''Right! I think I left it in the car. I'll be back, Bro!'' Kaito exclaimed, before letting go of Maki, shifting past with an apology. Shuichi sent a glance towards Kirigiri for help. She had simply struggled.

''Thanks Kiibo, Kaede.'' Shuichi nodded, the robot beaming a bright smile. ''It's alright Shuichi!'' KIibo and Kaede stated in unison, a soft chuckle escaping Shuichis throat.

''... This is the right room, right Tenko?'' Another voice spoke up, as two more people entered the room. Shuichi gave out a confused sound, unsure of who they were. A red haired female entered the room, followed by a black haired female. ''Yes! I made sure this was the correct degenerates room! I even doubled checked for you, Himiko!'' The female stated, before shifting her stare towards Shuichi. Himiko gave out a small sound, following the females stare towards Shuichi.

''Hey, remember me..? I'm that girl. From that party you went to.'' Himiko stated, as Shuichi somewhat nodded. ''Yeah.. Himiko, Right?'' Shuichi asked, a soft nod escaping the obviously tired red head. ''Yes... You're Shuichi. I saw you on TV.'' The female pointed out, before glancing up towards Tenko. The red head softly tugged on her sleeve, causing the Black haired female to glance down. ''Ah!'' Tenko gave out a small sound before moving forward, placing two gifts on the bed.

''Huh..?'' Shuichi gave out a small sound, before Tenko bowed down. ''Please accept these gifts from me and Himiko, you degenerate!'' The female stated, a blush prominent on the females face. ''A-Ah.. Alright.'' Shuichi stated, nodding as the female shifted back.

Kaito busted into the room, panting heavily. ''Maki~Roll! I forgot the keys!'' Kaito exclaimed, stopping the brown haired female from having a converstation with the Pianist. Maki frowned somewhat, before shaking his head. ''Kaito. You have them.''Maki shot back, as Kaito frowned somewhat. ''No I don't!'' Kaito exclaimed, before shifting his hands into his jackets pockets.

''Oh. I do. I'll be back, Shuichi!'' Kaito exclaimed, before darting back out of the door. Shuichi glanced towards Maki. She had simply shook her head, before returning to converstation with Kaede. Kiibo, Himiko and Tenko had shifted into a converstation, Shuichis glance moving towards Kirigiri, who was intensely, staring back.

''Kirigiri, you didn't..'' Shuichi frowned as the femake shifted up, before pulling a rather large teddy bear from under the bed. ''Sorry, Shuichi.'' Kirigiri smiled somewhat, before placing the bear down on the seat next to her. Shuichi gave out a small sound, mumbling a small thanks under his breath.

''You have a lot of great friends, Shuichi.'' The female stated, glancing towards the gathering of people. Shuichi gave out a small nod, his grey glance moving around the group. ''Yeah.. I guess you're right.'' Shuichi agreed, watching Himiko pull out a rabbit from her hat, And Kiibos excited stare as he seemed to buzz on the spot. Kirigiri glanced back towards Shuichi, remaining smiling at the younger detective. ''They care a lot about you, Shuichi. I'm proud of you.'' Kirigiri stated those words, causing Shuichi to glance back in surprise.

''Thanks, Kirigiri.'' Shuichi smiled, his stare remaining locked on the female until-
Kaito kicked open the door, holding a large box in his arms. ''Sorry I took so long!'' Kaito exclaimed, a balloon tied to his wrist somewhat as he shifted forward, placing the box down on the ground. Tying the balloon on the bed, Kaito seemed to glow with positivity. ''K-Kaito.. The gift is massive..'' Shuichi exclaimed, stsring up at his friend. Kaito gave out a slight laugh, before moving next to Maki again. ''Yeah! And it's for you!''Kaito exclaimed brightly, before shifting his glance towards Himiko, Kiibo and Tenko. ''Thanks... Kaito.'' Shuichi stated as the male stuck his thumbs up, moving towards them.

''..Are you a real magician?'' Kaito asked the red head, before she gave out a small puff. ''..No, I'm a mage.''
Shuichi shook his head before glancing back towards Kirigiri. She gave out a small nod, before shifting away. ''Are you leaving?'' Shuichi asked, his brow furrowing down. Kirigiri glanced back, before somewhat nodding. ''Yes, I am. I apologize. But I was called in a few moments ago.'' Kirigiri stated, before giving out a small sigh. ''I'll come back as soon as I can, Alright?'' She promised, before Shuichi gave a small nod. ''Don't worry about it too much.'' Shuichi smiled, as she returned it. Kirigiri turned away, exiting the room somewhat. Shuichi watched his friends, as they shifted around to watch Himiko create magic tricks, such as doves coming from her hat along with bunnies, or pulling out coins from behind people ears. His smile remained on his face, before his glance shifted back towards the door, as Kirigiri returned, being dragged behind the rookie officer.

''Shuichi~Sensei! You're awake!'' She exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as Kirigiri gave out a small sound. ''Ah..!'' Shuichi exclaimed as she placed down a small gift next to Kiibos, her smile remaining bright. ''Kirigiri~Sensei is able to stay! I made arrangements because I knew that Shuichi~Sensei was in hospital! Now Kirigiri~Sensei can stay!'' Akiyama exclaimed, bubbling up as her glance shifted towards the magic show.

''Aah! Bunny rabbits!'' She exclaimed, instantly bounding over to watch the show. Shuichi glanced back towards Kirigiri, before giving out a soft laugh. ''You came back quickly.'' Shuichi stated the joke as she gave out a small chuckle.

''Yeah. Turns out it wasn't that big.''

XXX

Kirigiri watched as the tired and overworked detective began to doze off mid-converstation. The female watched, remaining silent as she slid her glance up, most of the people still enhanced my Himiko's 'magic', as she called it. Kirigiri smiled Softly, shaking her head somewhat.
'You've made a colourful group of friends, Shuichi.' She thought silently to herself, glancing back down to notice the detective asleep.
Kirigiri, remaining silent could only hope they weren't too loud to wake him up. He needed the sleep- working hard, and less we forget the incident that happened what seemed to be yesterday. Shifting Back, Kirigiri furrowed her stare to the ground, a frown making its way to her face.
How did Maki do it?
That group, gang, cult, even, had a lot of members. Obviously way too much for a single female to take on, assassin or not. Shifting her stare up to Maki, her face blanked as she noticed the brown haired female staring back. As if it was a wild west duel, they had simply stared.
Challenging the other to pull out the guns first and fire.
Makis glance was pushed away as Kaito shook her arm, to make her look at the on-going cards falling out of The magicians sleeve, causing a few awe-struck sounds to escape them.
The detective watched the cards fall, remaining silent as she watched them pile up on the ground, softly clattering against the hospital floor. She watched the joker card fall and crash, sliding towards her direction before turning still only a few feet away.
Kirigiri froze, her stare remaining on the card.
...Is it?
She snapped her glance up towards the nurse walking into the room, her long, uneven dark purple hair following after her pale body. A look of nervousness was on the nurses face, her soft glance flickering over to the large crowd of people.
''A..Ah.. Excuse me..''
Her soft voice rang out, which was drowned out by the excited sounds from the group.

''Excuse.. Me?''

''H..Hello?''

''O...Oh dear.. U.. Umm.. I..''

Kirigiri frowned at the struggling female, listening to her failed attempts. How could such a group be so... Unobservant? Deciding to help out, she shifted up off the wall in a swift and elegant movement.

''Everyone. Be quiet.''
The lavender haired detective shot out, her voice booming over the sounds. The room dropped silent, all eyes turning to her as if she was playing a comedic act for kids. Crossing her arms across her chest, her head bobbed over to the side shy nurse. The nurse gave out a small squeak, somewhat cowering infront of the large group.
''U-Um.. I'm.. Terribly sorry but.. Ah.. Visiting times are.. Um.. Oh dear they're... Over and.. It'stimeforyoualltogo!'' The females voice remained soft, fidgeting with a stray strand of her hair, before pushing the last words out quickly. The group stared, blinking as they tried to figure out what she said.

''Oh! Right! Sorry about that!''
Kaito was the first to speak out, rubbing the back of his head somewhat. The crowd parted like the red sea, splitting up into their own groups.
''Nyeh.. I was getting tired anyways..''
''Do you want me to carry you, Himiko?!''
''No.. I can walk.. What a pain.''
One by one, the group had left with the cards cleaned up from the floor. The nurse had shifted out of the way, allowing them to leave. She paused, her eyes scanning around the partly empty room, before glancing towards Kirigiri.
''U..Uh..''
The purple haired detective nodded somewhat, glancing towards the sleeping Shuichi, who had somewhat slept through all of that.
''I'm leaving. Take good care of him.'' Kirigiri stated, shifting past the shy nurse in a swift movement. The nurse gave out a nod, softly humming a stuttered 'OK!' after her. As the door shut behind her, she sent a sorrowful glance towards the room.
I hope it's not true, Shuichi. State your debate back. Prove me wrong. I'm begging you, please.

XXX

Shuichi shifted in his sleep somewhat, hearing the squeak of something from afar. Thinking it was a mouse running around in his room, he gave out a small sound as he nestled himself back into the bed. He'll call pest patrol later. The detective and him remained quiet until-
I'm not in my room. I'm in a hospital.
Shuichi heard the heart monitor pick up pace, seeming to match with the footsteps coming across the room, towards him.
Breathe, Shuichi. It's your imagination.
Focusing on calming himself down, it hasn't exactly worked as the heart monitor picked up. A small hum escaped from the uninvited guest, coming form the foot of his bed. A soft sound, as if they were tying something up also came from that area
Who was it? What were they doing?
The footsteps neared him, stopping at the side of his bed silently. He could feel the strangers eyes pierce into him, watching him, and his every movement. Shuichi could feel the need of sweat buiding up on his forehead, along with a cold sweat.
Are they going to hurt me again? Please, not again. I don't want to go through that again. I don't-
''My Shumai's having night terrors! I wonder what he's dreaming about~ Hmm.. Perhaps me? Nishishi.. That's silly~! I saved his life and all! Why would he fear me?''
The childish voice spoke out, a breath catching in Shuichi's throat.
Kokichi.
Shuichi heard the heart monitor die down, after time as his nerves calmed down.
''Oh? Did my voice help with my beloved? How sweet~!''
The voice cooed, the side of the bed dipping down as he sat down. Shuichi struggled to remain 'asleep,' focusing on taking long, deep breaths from his mouth to make sure he continued to believe that he was. It remained silent, feeling Kokichi's glance on him. He could feel Kokichi's frown.
''If only... Noo! That's stupid! Jeez, I can't kidnap Shumai~! Stupid brain!''
Kokichi's giggle escaped from his mouth, the bed somewhat swaying as Kokichi moved his legs in the air. Shuichi, could tell that he definately wasn't thinking of kidnapping him. There was sorrow in his voice- his childish act masking it. What did the added part of the sentence mask? If only what?
''Shumai wouldn't like me if I did that. I don't think he likes me anyways. Hyumm... Choices, Choices!''
Kokichi shifted of off the bed, his shoes hitting the ground with a soft thud at the impact.
''Well my choice won't matter, since I'm gonna visit the dinosaurs!''
Kokichi hushed to himself, folding his arms as he rested them on the side of Shuichi's bed, placing his head on the top of his arms.
''Jeez.. I'm gonna miss Shumai. I had a lot of fun with him.''
Shuichi fought back a look of puzzlement that was building up on his face, the males words seeming to ring in his ears somewhat. Was he leaving..? Why?

The room remained silent, as he felt the male shift up somewhat, leaning against the bed as he moved on closer to the 'sleeping' detective.
''Saihara~Chan wouldn't care, right? He wouldn't care if I just.. Disappeared, right? Just like dinosaurs. I'd be out of his hair. Like.. Lice. Or an annoying family of rats running through his house!''
Sorrow had entirely filled the males softening words, a slight giggle escaping the liars mouth as he continued to remain quiet.
Shuichi could feel the leaders breath on his neck, hearing his heart monitor beginning to rise steadily. Kokichi shifted somewhat as he glanced towards the machine, then back towards Shuichi.
''Haah.. That's funny...''
Shuichi felt a strange liquid drop onto his face.
Then another.
''Shumai's a real heavy sleeper.. ''
Kokichi stated, dragging out each syllable of 'real' in his statement. The wet liquid kept of dropping onto his face, a soft sniff escaping the other male.
Was he.. Crying?
''Man.. That sucks. I wa shopung to have one last converstation with my beloved. Oh well.. Can't blame him.. Ni.. Shi..Shishi..''
Kokichi's voice broke, as he shifted away from the bed. The short male continued to slightly sniff, his clothes rustling as he wiped across his face. Kokichi leaned in again, moving closer to the detective face to study his sleeping expression in the soft beams of the grey moon, riding the wave of grey clouds as if it was a ocean.
''Shumai's really pretty in his sleep..''
Kokichi stated, his head shifting to the side as he watched the moonlight glisten on his pale skin, as if he was a glass doll. Porcelain. The light illuminated and complemented his face, his soft, pale lips partly opened. His breathing was steady, soft. Alluring. Kokichi shook his head, leaning him as he planted his lips against the detectives wet cheek. Leaning back, he listened as the heart monitor began to rocket sky high, before he planted a present down on the side of his bed, shifting it under his hand. He held his hand- staring down at the soft, pale skin before planting another small kiss on the males hand, before placing it gently back down onto the present. Staring at the end of the bandage, stopping just at his wrist, he glanced towards his fully bandaged arm. Sending his darkened purple gaze towards the other nicely wrapped boxes and the large teddy bear and small teddy bear, he watched as his balloon swayed at the end of the bed, tied to the bed-guard along with the other balloon, which was a pink with purple words saying 'happy birthday.' It wasn't his birthday, right? That would explain all the gifts. His balloon was a light blue colour, two kittens snuggled together in human clothes. The words 'Get well soon,' printed boldly on the top of the love heart shaped balloon shimmered a sparkly pink. Kokichi smiled somewhat, before wiping the tears from his face somewhat.
Shifting back, he stared at his detective for the last time, making his way to the window.
''Nishishi.. Until we meet again, Shumai.''
Kokichi stated, silently saluting the detective as he exited through the window, to his waiting group below.

Little did he know, Shuichi was awake.
And had hears ever word he had stated, and every kiss he had planted down on his skin, and every teardrop that had fallen onto his cheeks.

Little did he know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 722 24
(My friend came up with the amazing title) Detective Shuichi Saihara gets assigned the case of the Phantom thief. Him and his partner Kyoko are on t...
4.7K 96 6
A vampire Love Story ~ A new motive has made its appearance where each participants have to confess who is their favorite and less favorite candidat...
22.4K 677 18
!ON HIATUS! Monokuma decided it was time for a new motive after Kaede's death. He decided to give one person back their pregame memories. When Shuich...
102K 3.1K 25
Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective, wakes up in a locker one day. He soon finds out he's at the Ultimate Academy for gifted juveniles with 15 ot...