The Other Gemini (Years after...

By Scythe91

Four years after the birth of Reneesme, the Cullens still remained in Forks because of Charlie's request and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Prologue (Esme's POV)

2.8K 10 11
By Scythe91

Esme  

                I was scanning though the web about the new trends in interior designing when Alice darted inside the room.

                “Where’s Bella?”  she asked. Her face was expressionless. My instincts told me she saw something.

                “She’s up north hunting with Reeneesme and Jacob.” I answered. “What’s wrong, Alice?”

                Her face turned into a worried expression. Her eyebrows were pulled together. Her lips were in a tight line. She’s trying hard to concentrate.

                “Edward! Jasper!” she called. She’s still staring intently at the floor.

                After two seconds or less, my two sons came. Jasper looked at Alice with a confused face. Edward knew already what was going on. He looked at Alice with furious eyes.

                “Edward, you should head first. I’ll call Emmett if it’s needed and keep tabs on things.”

                “Don’t call him. No need. It’s not that dangerous. I’ll take Esme and Jasper with me.” Edward instructed.

                Questions formed inside my mind. Is it a new visitor? Why would Edward and Alice worry?

                “Yes.” Edward answered before I could say my question. “We only have five minutes before it reaches Bella and Reneesme. We need to pacify Jacob. He might cause a ruckus.”

                We quickly headed north to where the three hunted.

                “Alice is right behind us. According to her it’s not really going to cause a commotion. We just have to be careful.” Edward said thoughtfully as we ran though the woods.

                “Can you tell us what we are about to encounter, Edward? We all can’t read minds.” Jasper said I was right behind the two. I could feel the frustration in his tone.

                “I’m sorry. I was just too occupied trying to hear the two.” Edward replied. “What Alice saw, she isn’t really sure yet if it’s a vampire or another creature. We are still yet to verify.” His voice was still thoughtful.

                “Alice is still monitoring things. What she saw was kind of a blur due to Jacob and Reneesme. Luckily she could still make up what ‘kind’ of will happen.” Edward continued. “It looks like an immortal child to her, though she doesn’t want to jump into conclusions. She couldn’t see it clearly but definitely it’s not human.”

                I tried to make-out of the visitor. I’ve never seen an immortal child before. Though I’ve heard of them, I’ve never seen one in my existence.

                “We’re close.” Edward said.

                “Bella! Jacob!” Jasper called.

                “Jasper?” Bella called out. “We’re over here.”

                We went swiftly to where Bella’s voice came.

                “Bella…” Edward sighed in relief.

                Bella looked at Edward with confusion in her face. “What’s the matter? Why are you all here?” she asked.

                “Where are Reneesme and Jacob?” Jasper asked.

                “They’re not that far. They’re playing.” Bella answered her eyes now bewildered. “What’s the matter?”

                “I’ll go fetch them.” Jasper said as he disappeared in a split-second.

                “Edward, she’s going to come anytime now.” Alice said as she halted by my side.

'               Bella frowned. “Would you care to tell me what’s happening?” She asked almost pleading.

                “There’s a new visitor, Bella. And Alice suspects it’s an immortal child.” I answered her.

                Bella’s eyes widened in horror as the information sank in. “Reneesme!!!” She gasped.

                She started to run for her daughter. Edward caught her in the arm.

                “There’s no need to panic, love.” Edward assured her.

                Bella glared at her husband. “It’s an immortal child, Edward. I won’t take chances.” she almost growled.

                “Bella, dear… Alice and Edward still suspect. We are still not sure. Besides, Jasper is with them. They’ll come back anytime soon.” I said. Bella loosened her tense posture. There was still a trace of panic remaining in her eyes.

                “Don’t worry, Bella. I’m still keeping track. It’ll meet us before they do.” Alice reassured her.

                Then I saw something pass in-front of us. It wasn’t far away.

                “It’s here.” Edward’s voice sounded like a warning. “It’s heading towards town.”

                That would be dangerous. It could destroy a whole town. We don’t want another havoc-wrecking creature in Forks. We darted to chase the new visitor.

                “I’ll go ahead.” Said Edward who was the fastest amongst us, he increased his speed and widened the gap between on us. “It’s hungry.”

                “Don’t get too worked up, Edward. Nothing violent is going to happen today as far as I can see.”

                I went ahead the other two and caught Edward I am a bit fast than the others.

                “What’s it thinking right now, Edward?” I asked.

                “All I can see in her head is a mountain lion.” He answered. I can tell by his tone that he’s frustrated again. “It’s fast.”

                “We’ll get to it on time.” I assured him.

                We sped up. I heard Alice narrating to Bella what are supposed to happen.

                Edward stopped suddenly without saying a word. His eyes were searching. His head turned from left to right. His gaze roamed everywhere.

                I didn’t say a word. I helped him search and moved westward. I looked back at Edward and saw Bella and Alice began searching separately. I listened intently for something suspicious but got nothing. I began to creep back to Edward after a few moments. I was about to say something when we heard a loud growl from our right.

                We both turned to where the sound came from. It was a mountain lion. It ran angrily towards us. Edward walked forward to meet the lion and with one quick slap at the head, it flew to the side and landed unconscious.

                “Oh come on!” An unfamiliar voice echoed throughout the area. “Must you really do that?!?!”

                The voice was coming from the west side. It sounded like a little girl’s voice. I felt Edward tense at my side.

                That moment we saw her jump gracefully from a tall fir tree. She landed silently. Her body was small in frame. Her straight hair was waist in length with a full fringe just covering her eyebrows and shading her dark eyes. Her hair color is a shade of dark brown, almost black. Overall she was chalky pale like us. All she was wearing despite the cold weather was a black razorback sleeveless shirt, a tattered shorts and a brown leather boots. Her expression showed annoyance and dismay. Her arms were folded across her chest.

                “It’s supposed to die quickly. It’s the least I can do for it! Now you’re prolonging its agony!” she complained.

                “Who are you?” Edward asked. His voice was stern but calm.

                “Kill the lion first.” The girl commanded. “I’m not going to be polite since you spoiled my meal. Now, if you end its suffering yourself, I might consider treating you with civility.”

                Alice and Bella were already behind me, both rigid staring at the little girl.

                Edward raised an eyebrow but his expression was much more relaxed. Surprisingly, he complied with the child’s demand and ended the animal’s life with one swift kick. “Happy?”

                The girl smiled triumphantly. “Thank you.”

                She approached us in less than a blink. “I’m Liza.” She introduced herself. “Now can I have my lunch?”

                “Are you a vampire?” I asked, too confused with the situation.

                She turned and looked up at me. Her expression was light and she was smiling. “Yeah...”

                Then I clearly saw them. The faint light from the sky illuminated her face. Her eyes were brown.

Note:

Sort of like a prologue.

Reviews and criticisms are very very much appreciated.

Scythe

Continue Reading