Kingdom Hearts 3; Riku x read...

By rikuubbyboi

this x reader is based off the plot of Kingdom hearts 3. if you haven't played it yet i suggest you do so bef... More

Chapter One; Realm of Darkness
Chapter Two; Y/n? pt 1.
Chapter Three; Y/n? pt 2.
Chapter Four; A new journey
Chapter Five; Kairi and Lea, pt.1
Kairi and Lea, pt 2
Chapter Five; Sora, Donald, Goofy pt 1.
Sora, Donald, Goofy pt 2.
Sora, Donald, Goofy pt 3.
update
Chapter 6; Saving Aqua
Chapter 8; Memories
Chapter 9; The Keyblade Graveyard
authors note

Chapter 7; Waking Ventus

2.7K 60 33
By rikuubbyboi

-Third Person P.O.V-

When King Mickey and Riku left Destiny Islands, the group stayed and prepared to wake up Ventus. "How are we going to get back home, Aqua? Do you still remember how?" Y/n asked the older woman. "Yes, of course. I promised Ven that I would wake him up, I would never forget where I left him." She replied.

Aqua then materialized Eraqus' keyblade. Once it appeared in her hand, she raised it in front of her and Y/n. A portal then appeared in front of them. Y/n's e/c eyes lit up. "This will bring us home?" Aqua nodded, "Yes, but the state the Land of Departure is in right now is very different from the one you lived in. I had to change it to keep Ventus safe, and master told me to when the time comes." She replied.

Y/n sighed, "You'll change it back though, right?" "Of course!" Aqua replied, happily. "Now, go call Sora and the other two for me, please. We have to wake up Ven." She asked the smaller girl. Y/n nodded and ran to get the trio who decided to have a look around Destiny Islands again and take a stroll along the shore.

Y/n spotted them and yelled, waving her hand in the air, "Hey, you guys! Aqua's figured out a way to get to where Ventus is!" Sora pouted but agreed. He wanted to stay in Destiny Islands for a little while longer but he understood that Ventus needed to be saved immediately as time was running out. The final battle was approaching. And they needed their 7 guardians of light.

"How are we getting there?" Sora asked. Y/n smiled, "You'll see. You'll be amazed once you see the Land of Departure. It's the place where I was raised, also where Aqua, Ven, and Terra were training to become keyblade wielders." She told them while leading them to the portal.

They came to a stop. Aqua was standing facing the portal, then turned around to face the group. "Are you ready?" She asked. Y/n, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all looked at each other. Y/n smiled, "Take us to Ventus."

Aqua smiled and gestured at them to follow her into the portal. Y/n felt hesitant again to go through the portal but just remembered that everything went well when she went with Riku. They all walked into the portal leading them to where the land of departure is.

-Y/n's P.O.V-

A bright light surrounded our bodies as we walked through the portal. I squinted my eyes so I could see where I was going. Once the light started to fade away, I opened my eyes and looked ahead of me. I saw a pathway, which I'm guessing, leads us to where Ven is, where my home is.

Aqua gestured at us to follow her, and so we did. We walked our way on the path. I noticed our surroundings; mist around us and several rocks in different shapes and sizes. The sky was also just a deep blue color, no clouds except the mist on the ground, and no sun or moon to be seen.

"You sure about this, Aqua?" I heard Goofy ask her. "If you want, we can take you back to Master Yen Sid's tower to rest with Riku and the king?" Sora followed on. Donald nodded to Sora's question for Aqua.

Aqua shook her head, "No, thank you. But... Ven's expecting me. I promised to wake him." She said, looking at all of us. I saw the sadness, but determination in her eyes. "Said I'd be right back but, I'm not even close. I'm in for an earful." I laughed at her response. "I'm sure Ven will understand," I replied.

We finally came to a stop. In front of us was a castle. "Castle Oblivion?" I mumbled to myself. Aqua stepped ahead of us, examining the castle. "Is this your home?" Sora asked me, "No, don't you know this place?" I asked. He looked at me confused. I forgot Naminé removed his memories of this place to restore his real memories.

"Never mind. I'm just thinking of the wrong person." I said quickly.

-Third Person P.O.V-

We all examined the castle in front of us. Aqua brought her hand up to her chest and shut her eyes. She stood there with her eyes closed and head slightly pointing down. Donald was about to interrupt what she was doing before Goofy quickly put his hand around his mouth to stop him from talking.

Aqua let her arm go loose and summoned Eraqus' keyblade. She grabbed the handle with both of her hands, raising it and pointing it towards the door to Castle Oblivion. A bright keyhole then appeared on the door, and light shot out of it.

Y/n, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all stared in awe. Aqua then moved back before quickly thrusting forward with the keyblade in her hand. The keyblade began to emit energy and it shot a beam of light right towards the keyhole.

A blast then shot back at the group from the impact of the keyblade connecting with the keyhole. All of them shielded themselves besides Aqua, who was focusing on the keyhole.

A light shot out of the keyhole and shot up from the ground, surrounding the castle. Y/n's eyes widened, "Oh my..." Castle Oblivion was changing right in front of them. Each section moving, twisting, and turning to a new position. More towers appeared as it was transforming. Rings of light shot out from the keyhole, surrounding the castle which was retaining its natural color. A light appeared in the sky which was still of dark, gloomy clouds. It then burst with light and the sky became a bright blue color, with several small white clouds.

Y/n, Aqua, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all looked around them, admiring the new beautiful and breathtaking view. The Land of Departure had been restored.

Y/n looked around, her eyes slightly watering because she was really home. She was a bit sad though because where they were standing, was where her grandfather, Eraqus, was killed. She shook the feeling off. Now isn't the time to think negatively... Saving Ven is the main task now. She thought to herself.

Aqua then led the group inside the place where Ventus' body is. They all followed her inside.

Once they were in, they looked at their surroundings, "This place is amazing!" Sora said with joy. Y/n smiled, "I'm glad you like it." Aqua stepped ahead of them in the middle of the corridor, "You ready?" Sora and Y/n looked at each other and nodded at Aqua, "We're ready!" They said in sync.

Aqua smiled, "Ventus is located where Master Eraqus and Master Xehanort's thrones are."

"Let's go!"

-Y/n's P.O.V-

We all dashed down the corridor to go to the upper floor. Sora kept making the wrong turns but I don't blame him, he hasn't been here before, at least I don't think he has. "So, Y/n, how are we gonna wake Ventus?" He asked me, "Aqua gifted me with a special form of the power of waking, which is the melody form. She created a song and chose me as the one to sing it which would awaken Ventus when the time comes." Sora looked intrigued, "Lucky, you were given the power of waking easily, I still don't have it after trying to many times." He sulked. I laughed and hit his shoulder playfully, "Don't worry, you'll get it soon." 

"Yeah. I hope so. Anyway, tell me more about it!" I sighed, "Well, in order for Ventus to awaken, his heart and body must be close to each other-" I looked to my side and saw that Sora ran off to explore, great. I laughed at how childish he still was. I ran back to get him but in the distance, I saw my old bedroom. I saw Aqua's room too. Ven and Terra's room were in the other corridor. I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly raced up the stairs to where the others were.

I finally arrived, panting heavily, "Sorry... I was too busy...looking." I said, taking breaths in between words.

We all looked at the thrones ahead of us, then, we saw Ventus' body, sitting in peace on the center throne, which was grandpa's throne.

Aqua ran up to Ventus' body, crouching down slightly to get to his level. "Ven." I ran up to them and went to the opposite side of the throne. Aqua hugged him gently, "I'm sorry it took so long." She said, quietly. She grasped his shoulders and shook him gently, "Ven, wake up. Open your eyes, please!"

Oh, heck. I don't think she knows that Ven's heart rests within Sora.

"Why? Your heart never found its way home?" Aqua asked, concerned.

"Actually, Aqua, that's not really true. Ventus' heart took refuge inside Sora's heart for protection after he shattered it when fighting with Vanitas." I said, kinda interrupting her.

Aqua's eyes widened, "Really?" She looked over at Sora and smiled, "I'm so glad his heart was protected for all these years then. Do you remember the melody I created for you to use to wake up Ven? You can do it since Ven's heart is right here-"

"That was a neat trick."

My body froze at the voice. Only one person has that dark voice. I turned my head over to see if I was correct, and I was.

"No wonder no one could find him." Vanitas said, walking towards us. Sora, Donald, and Goody got into their battle stance to stop him.

"Vanitas..." I said, shakily.

Aqua ran behind Sora and the others, "Why are you here?" She asked, sternly.

He looked over at me, I could tell he was smirking. I gave him a cold look, still standing beside Ventus.

"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt your touching reunion. But surely you won't begrudge me a moment with my brother?" He said with sarcasm at the beginning.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy summoned their weapons and charged towards Vanitas. Vanitas laughed and teleported behind Sora and the gang. Then, he disappeared again.

I ran to Aqua, tugging at her arm. We looked around to try and find where he teleported to.
We then heard a sound appear behind us. We turned around and saw Vanitas, sitting at the top of the throne where Ventus was.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled, "So, Venty-Wenty wants to keep sleeping. What am I ever going to do with you?"

"Shut up!" Aqua quickly summoned Eraqus' keyblade and tried to attack Vanitas, but he blocked her attack with his own keyblade. "You better settle down there, Master!"

Aqua flew back and landed where Sora, Donald, and Goofy were. Vanitas landed in front of me. I ran behind the throne and summoned my keyblade, making sure he doesn't see it.

"Aqua. I'll handle him!" I heard Sora shout. "No. I'm ending this." Aqua replied.
"But... You haven't fully recovered yet." Sora insisted. Aqua turned around to face Sora, "Sorry, but you've seen me too weak, too often." She turned around and looked at me, I could tell by the look on her face that she was telling me to sing the melody while she distracted Vanitas in a fight. "Now it's my turn to shine." Aqua said, confidently.

I saw Aqua raise her arm, a ring of light surrounding Aqua and Vanitas. It then shot up and created a circular barrier, surrounding Aqua and Vanitas. It began to expand. I saw Sora, Donald and Goofy step back due to it getting larger. It locked in place. Sora and the other two ran up to the barrier. "Aqua!" They asked in unison.

Vanitas raised his keyblade in the air and got into a battle stance. Aqua looked at me and mouthed 'do it while we fight'. She then got into her battle stance, and the two charged at each other.

-Third Person P.O.V-

Aqua and Vanitas' keyblades clashed. Y/n took this as a sign to move from behind the throne and begin the melody. She went to Ventus' side and kneeled down slightly. Y/n put her hand on his arm and her body was surrounded in light. Her hair floated off her body slightly as she began to sing...

Sleep soundly safe in his heart
You no longer have to face the evil in the dark
Just rest your mind, and leave your pain behind
Remember softly, of a time when the world was so bright

Vanitas spotted Y/n singing. He realized it was the melody which would awaken Ventus. But that was not his plan. He wanted to possess Ventus once again, forcing him to wake up, but, Y/n seemed to have gotten to Ven first. Crap...I can't let her wake him.

You've fought so bravely, my dear
And so you can rest, for now there's nothing left to fear
Fighting onward, you dreamed unreachable things
But now your dreams carry you to a place where these things come true
I'll hold your hand while you sleep
So don't be afraid, I won't let shadows touch your dreams
Maybe in time, we'll leave this all behind...

Y/n was almost done with the song. Vanitas tried to attack the barrier to stop her but Aqua kept getting in the way. I won't let her win. She will not awaken my brother. He thought to himself.

Aqua attacked him one last time. He looked over at the H/c haired girl. Vanitas raised his keyblade and shot in the direction of where Y/n and Ventus were. The blast cracked the barrier, startling Y/n. She stopped singing for a second and looked at him in fear. Y/n realized she was not done the melody and quickly continued on.

Vanitas shot 3 more fireballs towards the cracked spot, but Aqua swiftly stepped in and took the hit. She fell and trampled on the floor, groaning in pain from the attack. Vanitas walled over to her and raised his keyblade, preparing to plunge it into her chest, releasing her heart.

Y/n looked over and saw what was happening. She stopped singing immediately, "Aqua!" She cried in sync with Sora, Donald, and Goofy.
Sora then felt a wave of electricity run through his body. He then closed his eyes, his hands still against the barrier.

Y/n looked over at Ventus, "I'm sorry Ventus, but I need to save Aqua."

-Sora's P.O.V-

When I felt the pang in my heart. I shut my eyes and traveled to the station of serenity. My heart. I saw the stained glass which represented my heart. I heard Y/n's voice singing softly. This was the melody to wake him up, but she never finished it. So he didn't wake up.

"I...have to wake up..." I heard a voice say. Was that, Ventus? "Yes. Tell me what to do." I replied. "The power of waking..." the voice spoke again. "I can't. I still don't have it yet." I said, sadly.

"You never lost it...it sleeps..." it answered.
"Until someone needs it...Call to it..." it continued.

"I am calling...with all my heart." I responded.

My body then began to materialize and I stood on the stained glass. I brought my keyblade towards me and it began to react with my heart. A keyhole appeared and a ring of light appeared and spread out.

I felt my body rise up and I soared up, looking down at my heart which was covered in shadow which I assume to be for the time being. The keyhole then began to brighten. White doves emerged from the keyhole, flying outwards removing the shadow surrounding it.

I flew to face the center of it and saw that the stained glass changed to a different one. It changed to Ventus' heart. I raised my keyblade which began to react and aimed it towards his heart. A beam of light came out of my keyblade and hit Ventus' heart.

"Thank you for always keeping me safe, Sora..." Ventus said.

A ball of light then shot out from the stained glass and up into the air.

-Y/n's P.O.V-

My heart was racing as I was banging and hitting the barrier with my keyblade, "Vanitas, stop!" I heard a sound coming from behind me. I turned around but immediately covered my eyes from the bright light that Ventus' body was emitting.

The light then shot straight towards Vanitas and Aqua. It broke through the barrier. The light began to fade away and my eyes widened at the sight. "Aqua!" I heard his voice yell. "Ventus..." My eyes began to tear up.

I heard him and Vanitas' keyblades clash. The impact of it shattered the rest of the barrier. I stood there in shock. Sora, Donald, and Goofy charged towards Vanitas and I did the same, only getting as far to slightly in front of Ventus.

Vanitas jumped backward, avoiding Sora's attack. "Four guardians is more than I care to face. But now that my brother is awake...I'm just certain that he'll come to visit." He then disappeared into a dark portal.

I sighed in relief, he was finally gone. Sora, Donald, Goofy and I dematerialized our keyblades. I turned around and saw Ventus helping Aqua up. "Aqua, are you alright?" Sora asked. "Yes. I'm fine, Sora." She said.

-Third Person P.O.V-

Ventus looked over at Sora, who was facing him. For a moment, he saw Vanitas instead of Sora. He realized that Vanitas and Sora look alike because of his heart contacting Sora's heart for the first time.

"Huh?! You're...Sora?" Ventus asked. "Yup. Hey, Ventus." Sora said, cheerfully. Sora raised his hand in front of him to shake his hand. "I get it. You were my second chance. "Huh?" Sora asked, tilting his head to the side. Ventus shook his hand, "Call me Ven."

Aqua put her hand on Ventus' head. She ruffled his hair slightly, "Good morning, Ven." She said with a smile. "Good morning Aqua."

Ventus looked at the people who saved him. He recognized Donald and Goofy from when he met them at Master Yen Sid's tower, but then he came across the other girl standing next to him.

"Oh, hello. What's your name?" He asked her.

Y/n pouted, "You don't remember who I am? I mean I don't blame you it's been like 10 years but really?" Aqua laughed, "Ventus, you remember Eraqus' granddaughter, the child who stayed with us here?" Ventus eyes widened and he looked at Y/n, "No way...you're Y/n?" He asked, shocked.

Y/n nodded, "Yep, it's me." Ventus sighed, "I feel quite old now since the last time I saw you was when you were literally a child-" He was interrupted when Y/n hugged him, "I missed you so much, same with Aqua and still Terra." Ventus hugged her back, "It's okay, Aqua and I are back, we just need Terra."

They both broke from the hug and smiled. "This place is exactly as I remember it... I'm glad Master's spell worked." Aqua said, walking to the thrones. "This place is amazing. This is where you all trained?" Sora asked with sparkles on his eyes. Y/n nodded and ran to the balcony. She looked down.

"I remember the first time I got here. Grandpa brought me here because a war broke out in our old home. Sad thing is, I don't remember my old home. I've forgotten everything, I only stayed there for 3 years anyway so I don't blame myself, but that doesn't matter." Y/n turned around and began walking towards them, "This, is my home!" She said with her arms in the air.

Suddenly, they felt a vigorous shake. "What's happening?" Ventus asked. "Grab onto something!" Aqua shrieked. It began to shake even more. They all separated and grabbed something to hold onto, with Y/n grasping the bars of the balcony.

"Oh, I almost forgot." A familiar voice spoke. The shaking suddenly stopped. "I need the little princess that's in here." Y/n's eyes widened. She sprinted to where Aqua was, but a dark portal appeared, a figure stepped out and grabbed her dominant arm with one hand, twisting her arm backward and wrapped their arm around her waist.

Y/n winced in pain, she looked up to see who her captor was.

"Vanitas..." Y/n winced in pain and he twisted her arm a bit more. "Nah uh, you're not escaping, little princess of light." Y/n's eyes widened, "What?"

Vanitas laughed, "Surely, one guardian of light taken away from you won't make a difference right?" Sora summoned his keyblade and ran straight towards Vanitas, "Let her go!" "As if. As long as we have one of the supposedly seven princesses of light, darkness will prevail. Not all of your precious lights are together."

Vanitas jumped back with Y/n still in his grasp. A dark portal appeared behind him, "See you on the battlefield, guardians." The dark portal began to consume the two of them, "Don't let them win!" Y/n screamed, before being knocked unconscious, and disappearing into the dark portal...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 115 11
an x reader one-shot collection of some of the characters that i've written so far, and some of these one-shots will be quite random. i hope you guys...
1.2K 34 6
Just felt like making this lmao. I've been going through an enormous kh fase and I really want to make one-shots now. The mc is a female.
13.1K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...
276K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...