HEROES | YOONKOOK [✓]

By CLEBANGTAN

[ COMPLETED ] in which jungkook is secretly spider-man, yoongi has a crush on his best friend, and they both... More

EPIGRAPH
CHARACTERS
SOUNDTRACK
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
EPILOGUE
something special
SURPRISE! THERE'S A SEQUEL

CHAPTER NINE

3.1K 187 91
By CLEBANGTAN

Jungkook saying he would deal with Yoongi on Monday was a lie. All weekend he sat staring at his phone, hoping Yoongi would be the first to message him or he would find the courage to do it first. However, both of them were as equally as stubborn and it would take a miracle for one of them to make the first move.

Jimin had called him Sunday afternoon asking if him and Yoongi had spoken at all since the argument on Friday, to which Jungkook obviously said no. Taehyung had done the same but to Yoongi, who gave the same response. Jimin and Taehyung also knew that the two boys were stubborn, and they were trying their best to get their friends to talk to each other, or else Monday would be one of the most awkward days of all of their lives.

Yoongi was trying to ignore Jungkook by working on his english essay that was due this week. Jungkook was trying to ignore Yoongi by doing the only thing he knew how to do best, which was being Spider-man. For the most part, it was working pretty well. Both boys would have about 10 minutes of peace before inevitably remembering. They weren't used to not having the other on their mind.

On Friday, Jungkook had basically run to Kim Tower, and cried a little bit on the way there. He pulled himself together when he walked into the building, but he was sure his eyes looked red, hopefully he could just pass it off as being tired if Mr. Kim mentioned it. He didn't need to know that Jungkook still hadn't told Yoongi, and instead made the whole situation worse.

The ride up the elevator felt longer than usual, probably because he was anxious. He needed to know who the masked man was, more information meant being closer to stopping him. Stopping him meant being a little bit closer to having things go back to normal. Probably not, but Jungkook liked to think so. An actual villain going around New York was more than he bargained for during his senior year. Everyone else his age was trying to get scholarships to universities and Jungkook was living a life from a comic book.

He reaches the top floor and leaves the elevator to meet up with Namjoon. He was counting on the information he got about the masked man today would keep his mind off of the Yoongi thing for a while at least.

"Hey, Mr. Kim." Jungkook says as he walks up to Namjoon, who is sitting at a desk surrounded by several computer monitors.

"Ah, Jungkook. I'm glad you could come in so quickly, hopefully I didn't interrupt something."

"No, it's fine." Jungkook knew it technically wasn't fine, but he wasn't about to say that out loud.

"I've asked some of my connections about the man you told me about, as well as did my own research and I've found some stuff out." He clicks on several files on the screen in front of him, displaying articles with low quality photos of the man and other reports of his attacks before turning to face Jungkook. "He goes by the name Necro. There have been various accounts of him across the country, New York being his latest. No one knows his main agenda, other than causing chaos in whatever city he's in."

"Necro? Like necromancy or something?"

"Precisely. Or it's his play on words for his powers. No one knows if he actually uses black magic or can communicate with the dead or if he just thought the name was catchy. But, we also know he doesn't stay in one spot, which makes me think he came here for a reason."

"Like what? What has he done in other cities other than scaring people and destroying things?"

"Not much from what's been reported. No one can get close enough to him and he doesn't stay in one place long enough for anyone to figure it out."

"So, we need to make sure we figure it out before he leaves New York."

"I'm afraid so. There's no telling where he'll go next once he's done with New York. On the bright side, I think you've been the closest to finding out, there are no records of him speaking to anyone else."

"Great. Now I'm probably on his bad side. Or his BAD bad side I guess."

"I'll continue looking into whatever else I can find, and you keep your eye out. Don't go looking for him yet, he's been on the down-low for the time being, let's avoid provoking him."

"Got it. I'll let you know if I see anything."

"Good. We'll get him. For now, keep doing what you're doing. Also, don't forget to rest. I know you're working hard doing this and school, but you look tired."

The goddamn eyes, of course he notices. "It's been an interesting past few days, but I will."

"Interesting how? Friends? School? Yoongi since I'm sure that's something you haven't figured out yet?"

How does he always know these things? Am I that transparent? "Uh, yeah. Yoongi stuff. Just... we had an argument I guess because I wanted to come here instead of staying for the newspaper thing. I don't know, it's getting complicated."

"You know before when we talked about this that it's your choice to tell him or not. You just need to deal with what comes of your decision. If not telling him becomes more complicated than telling him, I think you're smart enough to know which option is probably best."

"I just don't want to put him in danger. He's done that by himself already, without my help."

"Unfortunately that comes with the job description when you get powers and put yourself out there. You wear the mask to protect the people you care about, but sometimes telling them protects them in other ways."

"How do you always know what to say?"

"Experience. And I also don't have a high IQ for nothing you know."

"Thank you, Mr. Kim. I'll think about it over the weekend."

"Get some rest, Jungkook. Start fresh Monday morning."

Jungkook wished he had followed that advice, but for someone who was smart, he could be pretty dumb at the same time.

He had, with many regrets, decided to avoid Yoongi when Monday came around. He walked to school instead of driving with Yoongi, he refused to look at him during their classes, he disappeared during lunch and he booked it out of the school the second the bell rang. He just didn't know how to confront Yoongi, and even though he knew he was digging himself into a deeper hole than he was already in, avoiding his problems seemed like the better idea at the time.

This was making Yoongi restless. He wanted to both give Jungkook his space and also corner him and ask what the hell was going on. He was sure they would have been able to talk once they went through the weekend not talking, but apparently not.

Jimin and Taehyung tried to keep his mind off Jungkook, but it wasn't working. He tried to engage in their conversations but his mind kept wandering to the other boy instead.

By the end of the day he wanted to scream out of frustration. He was supposed to be excited over the Gazette meeting, but he caught himself constantly looking at the door, hoping for a certain someone to come through. After a grand total of 10 minutes of this, he made up his mind.

"I'm going to go to Kim Tower to give Jungkook a piece of my mind."

Both Taehyung and Jimin turn to each other, sharing the same shocked expression of wide eyes and dropped jaws. Jimin turns back to Yoongi, "Will you even be let in? Doesn't it have crazy security?"

Taehyung backs him up, "Yeah, I mean I doubt they just let in random people off the street."

"Well, that's something I'll figure out once I'm there. Jungkook and I need to talk, and if he's going to avoid me in school then I'll go find him at his internship."

Yoongi was determined. He needed to tell Jungkook that he knew, or at least he thought he knew, that he was Spider-man. It would be an extremely awkward conversation if Yoongi was wrong, but he was convinced. Or at least convinced enough to keep him from not mentioning it, and he needed to go now or else he wouldn't go at all.

He grabbed his backpack off his chair, swinging it onto his shoulders and walked out of the classroom, leaving a stunned Jimin and Taehyung behind him.

In all honesty, Yoongi had no idea if Jungkook would even be at Kim Tower, but it was somewhere to start. If anything, he might be able to wait for him there in case he stopped by eventually. He knew he could technically wait to go to Jungkook's apartment, but waiting there would make Yoongi chicken out. Everything needed to be cleared up or else he would lose his mind or his best friend, and he didn't know which one would be lost first.

His thoughts ran wild until he finally reaches Kim Tower, taking a deep breath before going through the revolving doors. Inside what Yoongi assumes to be the main lobby of the building is even more immaculate that he could have imagined. The entirety of the room was decorated in monochrome tones, and the floor was so spotless that he was afraid to walk on it.

He walks up to what looks like a security desk, where a guard sits doing a crossword puzzle. So much for crazy security. "Um, would you be able to help me figure out if someone has come through here today."

The security guard looks up at Yoongi, "Depends on who you're looking for."

"H-his name is Jeon Jungkook? He does an internship with Kim Namjoon, brown hair, brown eyes, about this tall?"

"Ah. I know who you're talking about. He brings me a crossword puzzle every time he comes in here. Saves me from leaving the building. Nice kid. Yeah, he was here but he left a while ago."

Of course he did, this couldn't be easy. "Okay, thank you. Have a good day."

Yoongi tries not to look annoyed as he leaves the building, but he feels like he wasted time on something he could have just dealt with tomorrow. His stubbornness is still there, however, so he makes the decision to go wait for Jungkook at his apartment instead.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was working his way back home. Today had been uneventful, Spider-man wise. He could easily walk home, or take the subway, but swinging from building to building cleared his mind. He hadn't stopped thinking about what Namjoon had said earlier, both about Necro, and about what he should do with Yoongi.

Two things were for certain. One, there was a magical villain roaming around New York and two, he wanted to tell Yoongi the truth. For sure. He wasn't sure when the right time would be, but he knew he needed to say it as soon as possible. Even if Necro causing mayhem around their city would be an exact reason Jungkook would never want to tell Yoongi the truth.

His whole reason for not telling Yoongi was to keep him out of trouble, but if this is what he needed to do to keep his best friend around, he would do anything.

Speaking of Yoongi, Jungkook has reached Kim Tower and noticed said boy leaving the building. Jungkook lands on a rooftop beside Kim Tower, watching Yoongi curiously. He seemed frustrated, or disappointed, or both. Had he come looking for him? Jungkook concluded that was the case, since he had avoided him at school all day.

He had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to tell his friend the truth, and that opportunity had planted itself right in front of him. If he didn't do this now, he never would. Yoongi would probably kill him for what he was planning to do.

Before he backed out, Jungkook dropped off the edge of the rooftop, shooting out his webbing to swing down, and grabbing Yoongi. He expected him to scream, which he did, and he decided to use this as blackmail for the rest of his life. But he didn't expect Yoongi to wrap both his arms and legs around Jungkook's neck and torso.

Jungkook could feel the blush rushing onto his cheeks as he swung back up to land safely back on the rooftop. He stumbled slightly on his landing, causing Yoongi to grip onto Jungkook tighter than he had before, if that was even possible. His eyes were also tightly closed, at least from what could be seen since his face was buried in the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"You can open your eyes now. And you know, let go." Jungkook says, even though he really wasn't complaining about the situation he was currently in. He could get used to it, but in a better circumstance.

Yoongi slowly opens his eyes, looking towards the ground to see that he was, in fact, not still hurdling through the air. His realization kicked in when he noticed that he was very literally clinging to none other than the person he wanted to talk to. Or at least, who he hypothesized as the person he wanted to talk to.

He tentatively hops down, still keeping his arms on Jungkook's shoulders since he didn't trust himself to stand up on his own after his moment of pure fear. He lets out a sigh of relief before looking up to the person who quite literally plucked him off the sidewalk. "That was the most terrifying shit I have ever experienced and I was almost killed by some magic guy only a few weeks ago." Yoongi pauses, looking at who he hopes is his best friend and not some random stranger, "And also one of the most awkward moments of my life if you're not who I think you are."

Jungkook gulps, did Yoongi already know? Regardless, it was now or never, "I hope you're not disappointed."

Yoongi lifts his hands from Jungkook's shoulders, feeling for the hem of his face mask, and slowly rolling it up to reveal the face he's been missing. He looks flushed and sweaty and his hair is a mess, and yet he still looks perfect to Yoongi.

"I'm not disappointed, a little confused, but definitely not disappointed."

"You have every right to be confused, and you're allowed to be mad."

Yoongi furrows his eyebrows, not once taking his eyes off Jungkook, who is avoiding eye contact. Yoongi isn't sure if the adrenaline is making him feel reckless or if he just doesn't care, but he takes Jungkook's cheek in his hand, making said boy look at him. "The closest to mad I've been with you is when you were avoiding me. And I'll admit I was mad when you weren't telling me the truth, but I guess you were doing that for a reason."

Jungkook's heart is racing at this point, but he didn't know if it was because Yoongi finally knew who he was or because Yoongi still had his hand planted on his cheek. Emotions and hormones were confusing. Those emotions were making Jungkook feel as reckless as Yoongi had been, so he decided to be completely honest.

"Yoongi, I fight villains that come straight out of comic books and movies and yet the thing that scares me the most is losing you. That day you were attacked, I was so terrified that if I had arrived even a second later, something would have happened to you and I can't bear to think of my life without you in it."

Yoongi's eyes softened, "That's why you didn't want to tell me, you were trying to protect me."

"That's all I've ever wanted to do, and having superpowers makes that both easier and more complicated. Because you being connected to me can put you in immediate danger if anyone ever finds out who I am. But, you needed to know."

"I know why you didn't want to tell me, but I'm glad you did. If anything happens, we'll work through it together. We always have. But, I'm sorry for being so pushy and stubborn when you were hiding this for a reason."

"And I'm sorry for giving you a reason to worry about me and why I was keeping things from you."

A weight had been lifted off of both boy's shoulders. Jungkook didn't need to hide his secret anymore and Yoongi didn't need to worry about what was being hidden from him. They stayed on that rooftop until the sun set, Yoongi asking hundreds of questions, and Jungkook answering all of them, finally letting his favourite person into a part of his life he kept a secret for so long.

He just hoped this wasn't a mistake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 2.5K 43
"Fame or love, which do you choose?" "Love, but I don't love you." In which Jimin and Hoseok both fall in love with Yoongi at the wrong time. {Starte...
2.8K 176 21
In which a single father (Yoongi) goes through hell just to get his life back on track - and a heartthrob student (Jungkook) thinks he can just waltz...
6.1K 396 13
Park Jimin REALLY wants to date Min Yoongi but needs Yoongi's best friend distracted so he begs his friend to get to know him. Jeon Jungkook is taske...
47.1K 1.8K 24
Jimin finds who he lost years ago. His crush, lover, best friend, his favorite person ever. But, some things changed.. Yoongi isn't 'Yoongi' anymore...