Daughter of Night and Fire

By JoWish97

It was an accident. An inconvenient accident. One that caused her to need to improvise. Because her aunt now... More

Crash Landing
Rescue
Bond
Lunch
An Old Legend
Truth
Face the Music
Pizza and Potstickers
Talk
Flamebird and Nightwing
Thinking of Home
Wrong Time
Forget
Black
Cold
Going Home

I Wasn't Asking

1.2K 43 0
By JoWish97

"Director Danvers."

Alex could hear a voice calling her. She felt like she had been sleeping for days.

"Director Danvers, can you hear me?"

She could feel someone gently shaking her body. Then a second voice was heard.

"She'll wake up, they all will."

Alex finally opened her eyes and was met by two people in suits. Her instincts took over and she slapped the woman's hands away from her. She stood up quick she aimed her gun at her, "Who are you?"

The woman put her hands up, "Easy, Director, I'm here to help. Don't you remember?"

Alex paused, she couldn't remember either of these women. Their voices sounded slightly distorted through the helmets. When they talked it sounded like three blended voices.

The second woman spoke up, "They must've got to them before we get here. That mind wipe device we destroyed was probably used on them."

"Mind wipe device," Alex questions.

The first person stuck out her hand, "I'm Beth."

Alex hesitantly took her hand, "Alex."

The other woman just waved, "I'm Kee."

Alex heard a groan and saw her sister on the floor next to Lena. Kee went and knelt next to Kara, "Easy, Supergirl."

Kara's eyes shot open at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. A woman in a black suit was standing over her. She reacted and within a second had the stranger in a headlock, "Who are you?"

Keela was rather annoyed by the response. She knows it was a possibility for her mom to react like this. One of the side effects of getting your memory wiped was being on edge for an hour or so after the initial wipe. Literally, not even 30 minutes ago she was hugging this woman and now she's been put in a headlock by her. Technically, her strength over powered Kara's in this time. She could get out of the hold if she wanted, but she knew that fighting back would only put Kara more on edge. She just took a deep breath, "Supergirl, I mean you no harm. We just got here after you were attacked. We're here to help."

"We?"

Elizabeth spoke up, "Yes, Kee and I are here to help you. It looks like your memory has been wiped, so you don't remember our previous encounters. We are working to find Lex Luthor, remember?"

"No, actually. I don't."

Keela spoke up, "Look, I get you're all defensive right now, but could you let me go so we can explain?"

Kara slowly let the woman, Kee, was it?, go. Keela stretched when she was finally free then continued to tell the cover story her and her cousin came up with, "As Beth was saying, we're here helping you find Lex Luthor. You told us to meet you here, but when we got here you were all unconscious. There were two people in here who were trying to stop you, but we took care of them. They had a mind wiping device that we destroyed. I assume they used it on you to try and make you forget about his escape."

"And who are you two, exactly? We know your names, but we don't know you," Alex said while still suspicious of the two.

Elizabeth answered this time, "We are trying to fix the timeline. You guys know about the Legends on Earth-1. Well, we're a bit like them, but not on such a big scale. You see, Lex was not supposed to get out in 2019. So, we're here to help find him and return him to where he belongs. And with as little fuss as possible."

"Ow," Kara yelled and everyone turned to see her rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, I wouldn't recommend trying to see passed the helmets. It tends to hurt the eyes," Keela informed her mother.

"What the hell is going on," Lena was awake and very confused as to why so many people were in her loft.

Keela explained, yet again, what was going on. Lena seemed to take it all with a with a grain of salt. And the side effects of the mind wipe weren't helping with the fact that anything involving Lex naturally put her on edge.

"How can we trust that you're telling the truth," Lena asks skeptically.

"Ooooof course you would ask that," Elizabeth rolls her eyes, even though no one could see it.

"She's Lena Luthor, did you really expect any less," Keela comments sarcastically.

"Yeah, thanks for the input, smartass."

"Kuvaium."

"Kahkhyf," Elizabeth took a step towards Keela.

"Ewuhsh," Kara yelled, stopping both of the women.

"Sorry," they both say at the same time and they duck their heads slightly.

Kara looked between the two, "You're Kryptonians?"

Keela looked to Elizabeth then to Kara, "Yes. We were born on Argo, but we came to Earth later on in life. We can't say much, but we do help each other at least once or twice in the future. Because we can't risk messing the future, we really can't say much that proves our story. But please trust that we owe our lives to the house of El. Anything you ask, we will do. Well, within reason. Regardless, we need to get back on mission and figure out a way to get Lex Luthor back to where he belongs."

"I don't trust you, either of you. But as long as we have a common goal, I feel it would be best if we worked together. Having a few extra Kryptonians wouldn't hurt." Lena speaks up.

Alex gets in Keela and Elizabeth's faces, "If either of you so much as breathe the wrong way, I will not hesitate to throw you into cells with kryptonite emitters so high you'll wish you never came here."

They both nod. Keela shivers as the memories of her most recent experience with the emitters run through her mind. She really did NOT want to experience that again. Things finally calmed down a bit as they planned what needed to be done. Using the laptop Alex brought helped a lot, but they didn't have everything they needed to try and track Lex. They worked with what they had though. Elizabeth kept suggesting they went to the DEO. Eventually Alex gave in and agreed, but Lena wanted to go to her lab and see if she had any more resources there.

Kara immediately stiffened at the idea of Lena being alone at a time like this. She knew that Lena was a force to be reckoned with, but so was her brother. He had tried to kill her even when he was behind bars. What's to stop him now that he's out? So, she offered to come with and Lena quickly denied the request.

"I know we haven't always seen eye to eye when it comes to what goes on in your lab, but I really don't think it's a good idea for you to be by yourself right now."

"I've dealt with my brother before, I think I'll be just fine, Supergirl."

"She won't be alone. I'll go with her," Keela stepped in, "It'll be best if you were at the DEO anyway."

"Absolutely not. I don't know you, nor do I trust you any further than I could throw you. I'm not letting you into my lab."

"I wasn't asking, Miss Luthor."

Alex steps in front of her, "Was that a threat?"

Keela wanted to ignore her aunt and refuse to let her mother go alone, but she knew she had to be more careful with her actions. She couldn't be anywhere near as careless as she was before. Liz might just kick her ass and her mothers might help. She stood there, looking at her aunt, "No. I apologize if it came across that way."

"Kee, why don't you go patrol? Regroup with us in an hour at the DEO. A good sweep of the city should be good," Elizabeth suggested. There was something in the tone of her voice that let Keela know what she really meant.

"Ok. I'll meet up with you soon," She walked out the balcony and took off. She knew what she was going to do and no one was going to tell her any different. Because there was no way she was going to let her mother's stubbornness be her downfall. She landed on the balcony to her mother's office. Thankfully the door was unlocked, broken glass was something she really didn't want to leave behind.

She really didn't like going behind anyone's back like this, but there was no way in hell she was going to let her mother be alone. Not in this time. Not when they didn't know why or how Lex got out. Not when they weren't sure what all they were up against. Not to mention that if Lena died, she would no longer exist. It was bigger than just her though. If Lena died... so would the Earth. Not immediately, but it would eventually all die. Without Lena, there would be no Nightwing. Flamebird might awaken, but without her Nightwing, the chances of that happening were next to none. But without them... the world would be no more. Lena was smart, but she was also far from invincible. At least in this time. No, in this time she was getting Keela's help. Whether she wanted it or not.

It was a small adjustment to get around the building. Lcorp was remodeled when she was 9, but she remembered a good majority of the building's layout. And between that and what she knew of the building when she was here in this time, she made her way to her mother's private lab. Her powers allowed her to get by security with ease. Now that she was near the lab entrance, she had to be careful. Lena always had high security measures taken to make it a headache to get in. Between the passwords and lockdown triggers, caution was needed to proceed. And they weren't the same as they are in her time. So she waited and observed her surroundings. By the time she started to figure out the system, the sound of heels against a hard floor were close behind her. There was no point in hiding, so she just turned and waited for her mother to come into view. Keela watched as her mother turned the corner with a fast pace, her focus on the tablet in her hands. Only after taking a few more steps did she look up and froze, "I thought I told you no."

"And I thought I told you I wasn't asking."

Lena scoffed and brushed by Keela and unlocked her lab. As she opened the door to walk in she stopped briefly, "You follow me in and I'll use the kryptonite emitters."

Keela just stepped to follow her, "High tech, futuristic Krypto-suit. Turn them on and see just how much I go unbothered by them."

Lena was surprised by the sudden sternness. She was shocked, yet slightly intrigued by the mention of future tech. She shook her head, now wasn't the time to be distracted by shiny things. Realizing there was no stopping this futuristic stranger from helping, she just held the door open for her to come in, "We might as well get started. What did you say your name was again?"

Keela walked in, thankful she didn't have to fight with her mother anymore about letting her help. Truth is, she wasn't sure the suit would block out the emitters. She didn't know too much about the suits, but she knew they were unfinished. So, she wasn't sure if her mother had added the kryptonite resistance to them yet. She turned to Lena who was looking at her expectantly. RIGHT! She asked me a question.

"Sorry, I got lost in thought. Kee. My name is Kee."

Lena muttered a thanks and went to her monitor. Something about the name made a part of her head buzz, but she couldn't place the feeling. It sounded familiar, but completely foreign to her.

"You just have the Harun-El out in the open and everything. I thought you'd at least be more discrete about it."

Lena was instantly annoyed, "Don't touch it. Or anything else for that matter."

"Like hell I would touch it. Do you even know what all it does to Kryptonians? No thank you."

Lena rolled her eyes. This was going to be a long day.

Back at the DEO Kara, Alex, and Elizabeth had multiple scans of the city in hopes of finding some hint of Lex Luthor. A few small things had come up, but nothing solid. They kept them noted though. Everyone was getting frustrated with the lack of results.

"What about your partner? She should've been back hours ago," Alex asks.

Elizabeth puts in another search algorithm into the computer, "She's probably still at Lcorp with Miss Luthor."

"What," Kara's head turns to Elizabeth, "What do you mean she's at Lcorp?"

"I mean she's at Lcorp. Has been this whole time. And considering she and Lena aren't here yet, they're probably still working on finding Lex just like we are. Either that or they've been taken. Which is unlik-"

Her coms picked up, "Beth, I have good news and bad news."

"Kee. What's going on?"

"Good news, I found Lex. And a few other big bads. But bad news, they're all here. And trying to get to Lena. Just like I thought they would."

"We don't have time for I told you so's. We'll be there asap," She turned off her coms and turned to her mother, "Director, get any available personnel you can to Lcorp. Lex is there trying to get to Lena and he brought friends. Supergirl and I will go there to try to hold them off."

She made eye contact with her aunt and nodded. They took off to Lcorp, both praying to Rao that they'd make it on time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 2.9K 20
PREVIOUSLY TITLED "Unimaginable" Don't hate me for changing it and then changing it back I can't come up with a title for the unpublished sequel that...
46.8K 1.2K 20
After a fight between Kara Danvers and Lena Luthor about of having trust issues things turned differently between them . Kara still was a reporter at...
2K 88 3
When a Luthor Corp mech is loose in National City, Maggie and others injured and pinned down, Alex goes to Lena, the only person possibly capable of...
1.1K 28 12
Imagine finding out you have an 18-year-old child that was born 4 years ago. You may be think that, that doesn't match up. That isn't even the most m...