|| GET WELL SOON || Peter Par...

By gingerthatreads

Sophia Rambeau is not someone you would describe as average. With a brilliant mind passed down from her decea... More

INTRO
PREFACE
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
☽ ☽
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
An Important Note

Chapter V

5.8K 241 113
By gingerthatreads

THE SPIDER-MAN WAS ALL ANYBODY COULD TALK ABOUT.

Weeks passed since Sophia's own run-in with the masked hero—hero because that's what he'd become for all of Queens. Be it robberies, muggings, or cats stuck in trees, Spider-Man was there for the neighborhood. Though now whenever Harry or Lottie shoved a video of the hero in her face, all she could do was wallow in embarrassment over running away at the sight of him.

Lottie's mouth hung open when Sophia admitted that little fact to her.

"The Spider-Man saved you?!"

"Hey, okay, I was doing pretty good on my own with that mugging, thanks. But yes . . . he certainly kept me from being punched in the face."

"Why haven't you said anything til now?" she practically screamed in the lunch line, forcing my elbow into her ribs.

"Because I literally ran away! There's nothing to tell. He was there for all of five seconds before I sprinted all the way home."

"Have you told Harry yet?"

"Told Harry what?" The tall playboy asked as they collected their trays, heading towards the cafeteria.

"Sophia met SPIDER-MAN!"

Heads all across the cafeteria turned to look at the trio, her face burning at the sudden attention.

"Lottie."

"Sorry." She turned to Harry. "She ran away from him though."

"Ouch."

"Okay, you watch a guy jump from a skyscraper in a onesie and let's see what your first reaction is!"

"Did you really meet the Spider-Man?!"

Turning, the voice belonged to a wide-eyed Ned, sitting at a table with Peter and MJ scooted off to the farthest corner. Harry grinned and took a seat across from MJ, Lottie next to Ned, and Sophia ending up across from Peter.

Chewing on her lip, Sophia used her fork to poke at the mound of questionably-shaded mashed potatoes.

"Y-Yeah. But it was weeks ago. I don't think anybody even knew about him yet. So I kind of just . . . ran away."

"DUDE! That was a once in a lifetime chance!"

"I was getting mugged, Ned."

"Again—A CHANCE!"

"I'd let that guy sling me all over the city. Have you seen that butt?" Lottie asked, zooming in on a video of the Spider-Man stopping a truck from mowing down a group of wandering kids.

Across from Sophia, Peter nearly spit out his milk.

Giggling, she lightly tapped her foot against his beneath the table. "Hey—congrats on the Daily Bugle job, Pete!"

He'd gotten it about a week ago, actually. And had somehow managed to get up close and personal with the Spider-Man on multiple occasions—snapping amazing photos of the masked hero that no one else in the city could get.

"Thanks. It's been interesting so far, that's for sure."

Lottie huffed. "I hate how Jameson's paper is the only one that has it out for the Spider-Guy—"

"Spider-Man," they all correct.

"Spiderling, whatever. He's got a target on the guy's back and he's only doing good for the city! Give him a break."

"Anyway, Lott," Harry interrupted, changing the subject. "How's the internship going?"

"Great! I can't stop watching the clock all day at school now. Oscorp is apparently hosting a Unity Day Festival. It's going to be with tons of big corporations across the city and there will be a parade and music and tons of stuff! It's what I'm basically spending all my time on now."

Lunch ended quickly and Sophia rushed to Chemistry alongside Peter, taking the empty seat just behind him. Though her eyes shut tight, trying to block out the sound of the mammoth student that plopped in the seat next to her.

"Rambeau," Flash said with a smirk.

"Eugene."

"I don't think I ever told you, but you look even hotter as a blonde."

"Just another reason for me to dye it back then."

Peter's shoulders shuddered for a second and hearing his quiet chuckle made her smile at his back.

Flash glared at him. "Something funny, Parker?"

"Other than your presence? Maybe your lack of comprehending that being an ass to my friend isn't going to score you a date."

"We'll see about that," Flash whispered with a smile before opening his textbook.

Leaning up in her seat, Sophia whispered next to Peter's ear, "You know what I think? Creo que Eugene tiene complejo por tener la picha pequena."

Peter didn't hold back now, bursting into laughter until the teacher reprimanded him, but even then, Peter turned and gave her a shy smile. Even when they were kids, she'd been teaching Peter some Spanish on the side as her dad taught it to her—no matter how inappropriate or vulgar.

Mr. Gordon did his usual shtick for the majority of the class until about five minutes before the bell when he announced a partnered project, the students rushing to grab hold of their partners until he continued.

"Quiet down—I'm going to be choosing your partners."

Sophia groaned, throwing a disappointed look at Peter, who just shrugged.

"Moon, you'll be with Carson. Shah, you're with Parker. Thompson, you're with—"

Don't say it.

"—Rambeau."

If she could implode in her seat, she would have. Especially with the cocky smirk Flash threw her way.

The bell sounded and Sophia never picked up her backpack quite as fast as she did now, rushing out into the hall before most everyone—only to be stopped by a firm grip on her shoulder.

"Where you running off too?" Flash couldn't help but say with a smile.

"Let's get something straight, Eugene," she said, flicking off his hand. "You're not going to be throwing this entire project on me. If you do, just know now that I won't hesitate to report it to Mr. Gordon. So you either put some effort into this or you fail this class. Your choice."

"I like how your nose crinkles a little when you're serious," he said, giving a genuine chuckle that almost unnerved her hard exterior. "Don't worry. I'm not gonna dump this on you. How about we meet at the library in town. I have practice after school, so say—five?"

He was actually making plans to show? Like she believed it. "Sure, five works."

"It's a date," he says, winking before turning and walking away. Though his glance wasn't directed at her, instead, just over her shoulder where Peter stood in the classroom's doorframe with the strangest expression on his face.

"I can't stand that guy," she said, rolling her eyes. But Peter kept staring at the direction Flash walked off in, the grip on his textbooks looking like it hurt. "Hey, Pete. Are you alright?" She said, resting her hand over his own, pulling him out of whatever trance he was in.

"W-What? Yeah, I'm fine."

"Bet you five bucks he doesn't show."

"I'll raise that to ten."

Sophia let her hand fall from his own, smiling before she started down the hall to her next class until Peter's shaky voice called her back.

"Soph!"

She turned, a little frazzled by the way she couldn'tquite tell whatever emotion was behind his brown eyes.

"Yes, Peter?"

"Do you," he paused, tightening his grip again. "Do you, maybe, I don't know. Do you want to go grab food after school? You don't have to," he quickly added, suddenly looking everywhere in the hall but at her. "I-I just thought you might want to blow off some steam after dealing with Flash."

Her lips pulled up into a grin that she couldn't even tryto hide from the stuttering boy.

"What are you thinking?"

"I know where to get the best sandwiches in Queens."

"Debatable." She began taking steps down the hall, throwing a glance over her shoulder.

"It's a date."

The grin on his face didn't leave her head for the rest of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 468 18
~In between birth and death, life is filled with moments of love and heartache, joy and pain, and so much more.~ Moving to England changed Riley's l...
230K 5.6K 27
"So you're the prowler?" I nervously stepped back from Miles, afraid of what he could do. He let out a low chuckle, then plastering a smirk on his fa...
48.7K 1.3K 70
In "witch" time where the Scarlet Witch is forged, so if an offspring. A child, if you will. He is not born but forged as well as his mother, with al...
76K 1.6K 16
y/n met peter parker one time at the one of the university bus stops & shared a pizza with him in the rain. he seemed like the nicest kid & so when y...