Double Dose (Part 9)

By nikkihershell

Mizery Butini, the daughter of the stunning yet deadly Mirimosa Harper and the notoriously insane Cole Butini... More

Day's Gone By
My Name Is Mizery, Mizery Is My Name
Welcome To Vegas
Breaking And Entering
The Harper Girl
Climbing The Wall's
Tangled Up In Multiple Knots
Not My Trap
Justice Or Betrayal
Makeover, Move Over
Like A Theif
Attempted Murder
Plans Blown
A Glimpse Inside
Meet Cole Butini
King Of Kings
Mizery Loves Company
Marietta
Affliction
Sisterly Love
The Devil Don't Like Waiting
Incomplete Healing
In The Raw
Deep End
Coming Clean
The Truth Set Her Free
The Truth Set Him Free
All For Nothing
Untrust The Truth
Family Time
The Queens March
Vibrations
Shattered
Worn Out Welcome
Into The Spiral
Removal
Hard Time's
I'm Just Going To Leave This Here
SHE SAID NO
Too much Too Soon
Not My Circus
Uneven Break
Disassemble And Assassinate
It's Me Again
Etched In Sand
Ultimate Betrayal
The Kings Unite
He'll Come For Me
Not In The Card's
Understanding
Broken Alliance's
Thirty-Seven Floors
Crazy Runs Deep
What????
Coming Back
New Me, Same You
Newlyweds
Two Can Play
Veronica
And Mizery Rained Down
Stone Cold
Proud Moment!!
Surrender
Intuition
Fuck With Me
Breathless
catch up
Luck Of The Irish
Beer Goggles
The Truth Will Set You Free
what's up
Uncut Miz
Wicked Little Me
Living With Your Mistake
slow down
Prove Your Worth
So, So Sticky
Brushes Of Life
Playing With Fire
Spreading My Wing's
And Boom
Wedding Bell's
Illusions
Gotta Have Fun
Burn
He Chose The Wrong One
Bits And Pieces
Redemption
Well, well, well
The Forgotten
its up!!

Rekindled

2.7K 258 124
By nikkihershell

"Please Aiden, call me back". I heard for the millionth time as I checked my messages.

Turning my phone off, I tossed it aside and placed my pointer fingers together creating a triangular shape as I held them to my chin. My mind was pulled in several different directions and the only thing I was absolutely sure about was that I was sick of the Harper's and sick of being done in by Mizery. Her father was right, it would take a special type of man to handle that girl and I wasn't sure that I was that man anymore.

I've nearly lost my life on more than one occasion simply because her mind plays tricks on her. I don't think it's worth it anymore. Is this the type of life I want to live? Wondering when she will doubt me again possibly landing me in deep shit. Do I really want to be her babysitter and ensure that her mental state is healthy? And what if we were to have children? They would be at risk of inheriting this hell she lives in. Do I want to risk having an unbalanced child? Just as she told me, her own mother recently divorced her father simply because she couldn't cope with his episode's any longer. Would that be us year's from now if I chose to stay?

No, the answer is no. I can't do this. It's best to get out now while I'm not obligated to her. I do love that girl but sometimes I have to think about myself and my future. It wouldn't be fair to either of us to continue forward when I can see what the outcome of our relationship would be. I will admit, Mizery Harper is deep in my system and it won't be easy to get over her but in time I will. It shouldn't be hard to do as long as I refuse any contact with her. My father removing his aide from the Harper's is also a bonus. There's a big chance now that I will never lay eye's on her again.

Just to show my determination on avoiding her and to help myself move on I knew that I needed to remain busy, occupied. Turning my phone back on, I searched my contacts until I found who I was looking for. Not hesitating too long, I hit the call button. After several rings I nearly gave up but finally I got a connection.

"Hello" A soft yet raspy voice echoed.

Smiling I spoke in an old fashioned manner. "Hazel Tornellia" .

A raspy laugh vibrated through the phone. "Aiden Marietta. Talk about a blast from the past". She teased.

Grinning, I replied. "I see you haven't lost your spunk peacock".

" Never" Hazel shot back sharper than a knife.

"And I haven't been called peacock in quite a long time". She said in that addictive raspy voice of hers.

Running my finger along the gold lettering of a book that laid upon my desk I thought of what to say next. "It has been a long time since we last spoken" .

"Nearly four year's to be exact". Hazel said in that thumb tack attitude of hers.

" so how's life been treating you Hazel? "

"Oh you know me.... I'm Hazel Tornellia. AKA wild child of the desert. Vegas sweetheart. She laughed in a soothing manner.

" that you are". I agreed through my own laughter recalling the wild time's we had shared in our youth.

Biting the bullet, I decided to dive right in. "Look Hazel, I know this is sudden but would you care to meet for dinner sometime?"

Without missing a beat she quickly replied. "Of course. When and where?"

" Is tonight too soon. Say sevenish? "

My office door decided to open just then and in stepped my father. Holding my hand up I indicated for him to wait a moment. "Tonight is great. I will meet you around seven at Castillo 's. It's a swanky new bar and grill. Great vibe about it".

" sounds good Hazel. I must get back to work now and I can't wait to catch up tonight ".

After saying our goodbyes I disconnected as my father peered at me. "You are one hard headed fool son".

" not now dad". I groaned.

"You're making a mistake Aiden. Trust me, I've been in your shoes and thought grabbing up the first available woman would cure my broken heart. Guess what? It didn't. I'm not saying you should go back to Mizery, I can't even blame you for wanting out, but you need to take your time. You're thinking with your emotions right now".

I stood in irritation. "You're wrong dad. Just speaking to Hazel put me in a better mood. We have a short history but I never gave it a chance back then. I was too young and chasing girl's was my favorite past time hobby. Besides, you once thought Hazel would be a perfect match for me".

" that was more or less a joke. I only said that because it's hard to find a woman that will accept this life. Hazel is accustomed to it as her father is one of us. I didn't intend for you to take it seriously ".

Having enough of this conversation I made my way to the door. "At the end of the day I'll make that decision on my own".

Leaving my father alone, I made my way to my room. Stripping from my shirt, I sprawled across my bed and welcomed the a.c.'s cool air in this dry, desert heat. No sooner than I got comfortable my phone buzzed. Seeing that it was Mizery again, I sent the call to voicemail and stared at her number. It took a moment but I finally did it, I blocked her calls. Phase one of erasing Mizery from my life was complete.

                                                     **************

Just like clock work, Hazel arrived at our scheduled time. I stood off in the entrance as I watched the valet attendant help her from her latest little fire engine red, convertible sports car. This was so her I grinned as I saw her emerge in that spunky major of hers. My eye's took her in and I must admit, she was nice to look at. A glittery red cocktail dress incased her every curve and her dark brown hair hung loosely about her shoulders and was wind whipped from riding with the top down. Thick lashes showcased her honey colored eye's and red lipstick stained her forever smiling lips. No doubt about it, she was a knockout.

However i did catch myself comparing her to Mizery. Hazel was very thin where Mizery was a bit more filled out in all the right places. Mizery had thicker thighs as well as more up too and you could set a few cup on her rump. No, Mizery wasn't overwight, in fact she was perfectly toned and had the body of an athlete. Whereas Hazel could possibly be blown away by a busy of wind. Not to be underestimated though, Hazel was highly trained and maybe not as deadly as Mizery, but deadly nonetheless.

Hazel screamed glitz and glamour from her perfectly shaped eyebrows down to her polished toes. A far cry from Mizery's baggy shirts and sweats that hid her figure. Mizery's beauty was natural. She needed no make up to stand out. Each woman displayed their own beauty in very different ways.

As Hazel neared I banished Mizery from my thoughts and focused on the beaming woman up ahead. "Why Mr. Marietta, you haven't changed a bit". She teased and immediately wrapped me up in a hug.

Hugging her back, I laughed. "And Miss Tornillia, you're still a smartass".

Once at our table Hazel dove right into the questions. "Tell me, why did you call after all this time".

If I had learned anything during my time with Mizery it was to always be honest. "I needed a breath of fresh air. To be honest I'm coming out of a tough relationship and I'm at a loss".

Hazel never really was one to express sympathy. Grinning she teased. "That's what you get Aiden Marietta. Now had you been more focused on me all those year's ago you wouldn't be going through this. So, who was the dumb girl who managed to break the most sought after bachelor of Vegas's heart?"

" Mizery Harper ".

Hazel sat silent and all playfulness left her face. "How the hell did you end up with her?"

" long story". I shrugged.

"I've only seen her maybe twice during the yearly meetings. Never met her but I've heard that she was mentally imbalanced. I believe all the Harper's are for that matter. Why would you ever get tangled up with her? You've heard the stories about the Harper's. Are you in trouble Aiden?"

" No, not at all. My family has reached an understanding with the Harper's. All is well".

Hazel placed her teasing smile back on her face and leaned in closer over the table. "Now I'm just curious. Tell me how is this Mizery? Is it true what they say?"

I've always known that Hazel was big on gossip and loved a juicy story but Mizery's story wasn't for me to tell. I may be angry with her but I'd never exspose her deepest secret. Shrugging I simply stated. "It's not for me to tell. Other than that she is a good person even if she is a Harper. Now as for the stories that's always circulated about the Harper's.... Believe them." I said matter of factly.

Eager to get off the subject of Harper's I asked. "Now tell me what you've been up to? Anyone special in your life?"

Hazel laughed and gave an innocent shrug. "There's been a few but none I would call special. I'm a hard girl to rope." She added with a wink.

Taking a sip of her wine, her next statement shocked me. "I'll never forget that I was your first. You was so nervous and shy".

" In my defense I was only seventeen and I have since learned my way around a woman's body".

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You wasn't too bad back then". She grinned.

" Gee thanks. Way to stroke my ego. " I joked acting hurt.

Hazel peered into my eye's and became serious. "Why did you leave me Aiden. I know we were young but I was never given a reason. It's crossed my mind occasionally" .

Taking a deep breath I vowed to practice honesty. "Yes we were young and I know it sounds lame but I was a guy. It had nothing to do with you or that I didn't like you. I just wanted to fish the sea so to speak" .

Arching her brow in a flirtatious manner she purred in that raspy voice. "Are you done fishing?"

Taking a moment I finally replied back. "I believe so".

Leaning across the table, Hazel gripped my tie and jerked me toward her. Her lips crushed down on me in a searing kiss. She pulled away and motioned the waiter to bring the check. Smiling she said. "We can have dessert at my place".

Wow.... Just wow. Can Aiden be serious right now?

What's your thoughts about Hazel?

Do you think that having history with Hazel means anything? Could Hazel really be his one?

Should Aiden take his father's advice and just slow down?

Wonder why Hazel has a interest in Mizery? Is it jealously or like Aiden said just a gossiper?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 12.5K 39
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ (current status: editing) 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 (𝘷.) /kreΙͺv/ feel a powerful desire for (something). ...
173K 2.8K 25
Eighteen-year old Marianna Rodriguez is distraught by the abrupt news from her father. Her father lost touch to reality years ago when he plummeted i...
2.2M 89.3K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...