always. grayson dolan

By marvelousdols

" it was always you " i never thought i'd fall in love with a man who has a child. -lowercase intended -star... More

cast
prolouge
chapter two !
chapter three !

chapter one !

21 3 4
By marvelousdols

I had finally finished class, only teaching the kids how to do first and second position, but it was only a thirty minute class. One girl stood out to me more than others, though. Her name was Jordyn. She was very good for a four year old and it seemed to come naturally to her.

I opened the door and told the parents that class was over and they could go home now. I walked over to my desk and pulled out my phone to see that I had a few messages from my best friends, Kelsey and Leah.

"Excuse me? Miss Brianna?" I heard a male voice behind me.

I turned around to see the same man that I had been gawking over at the beginning of class.

"How can I help you?" I asked, smiling.

"I'm Grayson Dolan, Jordyn's dad. I just wanted to say thank you. Jordyn's mom left us when she was born, so Jordyn has never really had any women to look up to, other than her grandmother. When I was changing her, she was going on and on about how nice and pretty you. And I have to agree," Grayson said, making eye contact with me the whole time.

"Thank you. I grew up without my dad around, so I know how hand it it to not have a parent. He left when I was like three months old, I'm nineteen now. Dance was my escape from it all, personally. I can tell that Jordyn is definitely going to be an amazing dancer if she keeps up with it," I said.

"You're nineteen? You look older than that," Grayson said, looking me up and down.

"Thank you," I blushed, looking down at my feet.

"You seem like a girl I'd like to get to know. Are you free Saturday at noon?" Grayson asks.

"Uh, yeah I am."

"Would you like to King's for lunch then?" he asked.

King's was the local diner where all the high school and collage kids went to either study or just hang out with friends. Me, Leah, and Kelsey would go there all the time after dance practice. "Yeah, I would," I smiled.

"I'll see you there then," he said, picking up Jordyn resting her on his hip.

"Call me Bri," I called after them.

"Bye, Bri."

Just like that, they left the room.

I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Leah and Kelsey saying that I had a date and I don't know what to wear. They agreed to meet me at me apartment in a half hour to help prepare me for this date.

🌻🧸🎀

When I got home, I saw Leah and Kelsey sitting down on my couch sipping on coffee.

"Hey!" Leah said in her usual raspy voice.

"We got you coffee!" Kelsey shouted, pointing to my kitchen table.

"Thank you!" I grinned.

"Okay, so where is this date?" Leah asked.

"King's," I answered, taking a sip of the iced coffee they bought me.

"Okay," Kelsey said, "Keepin' it classic who's the guy?"

"His name is Grayson and he's really nice."

"So you should wear maybe a pair of jeans, a white, off the shoulder top, and some sneakers," Kelsey suggested.

"No! Wear like white shorts, that light pink halter top, and then black Vans," Leah said.

I was nervous for that date. Mostly because I had been with one guy and he ended up breaking my heart. But somehow, I know Grayson is different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 1.8K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
277K 12.6K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
92.5K 1.8K 33
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...