Charmless Man - Damon Albarn...

By _anneroseee_

You, a shy 25 year old, still single by 95'. 27 year old Damon, an outgoing obnoxious "wanker", but beautiful... More

Drink Away
Gloom
A Story
Charmless Man
Expensive
(A Nice Cup Of) Beaujolais
A Heavy Day
Author's Note
Nature (Part One)
ANOTHER DAMN A/N
Nature (part two)
A/N
A/N
Parade
A/N
Intimate
Heartbroken
AN
Oh... Hi
Update
Party

Met Him In A Crowded Room

1.4K 18 7
By _anneroseee_

Here's a new story. Again. This is around when Blur was hitting their highest peak. So enjoy some Damon, and some Alex too.

This story starts in 1995

*****
Your POV

Sitting in my room, I sighed in content. Reading a book in nothing but an oversized shirt and panties, really is something to start off your day.

"Y/N!" I jolted up at the sound of my name. Wondering what they wanted, I stood up and went to open my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"It's 12:30!" A loud gasp escaped my lips. I had a business meeting at 1 and I could NOT miss the subway at 12:45.

A loud bang was heard as I swung my bathroom door open. I picked up my brush and started to hurriedly brush it through my h/c locks. When I was done, I (put it in a ponytail/ a bun/ let it be). Not even caring to put my makeup on, I went straight to my closet.

"Where is my blouse." I panicked as I searched the large clothes piles around me. Finally finding my white blouse, I threw it on with a black blazer.

"Pants, pants, pants." I mumbled to myself. Finding my black dress pants, I threw them on with my black heeled boots, tucking my pants over them. Thinking I had time, I brushed my teeth with maximum speed.

I quickly checked my watch to see the time. The bold numbers 12:37 PM showed on my screen. Lastly, I picked up my brown suitcase, with all my freelancer files and such, along with a few other things I needed.

"Alright! Drive me to the subway station!" My voice rang through the house as I ran down the stairs. My mom grabbed my arm and dragged me to her car.

"You need to start being more responsible. You're 25 and still live with me, you need this money, Y/n." My mom scolded me as I buckled myself. She was still going as she backed out of the driveway, but I zoned out and didn't listen.

I was a freelancer artist, and I really liked my job. Though, I never charged a lot. My mom was desperate to get me to move out so she would get MAD when I was almost late to meet up with a client.

I checked the time again. 12:41 PM.

"Mom hurry up! It's 12:41 and the subway leaves at 12:45!" She scowled at my yelling as she sped up.

"Well maybe you should stop being so lazy! Pay attention more often, Y/n!" She yelled back at me. Man, she was mad. Her fingers danced across the black leather of the steering wheel, she did that when she was furious.

We finally reached the station. As I opened the door, my mom practically threw my suitcase at me, scolding me to hurry up. Classic mom. I knew she loved me, but she could just be a bit much at times.

"Fuck." I whispered as my watch read, 12:44 PM. I was practically running at how fast I was walking. Though, I started to panic.

The technologically advanced train was in sight now, and I decided to make a run for it. Weaving through the crowds of people. I had faith I could make it, that was until the doors closed right in my face.

"Shit! No!" I yelled as I pounded on the door. People were giving me crazy looks, probably thinking I was off my meds or something.

"Fuck! Come the fuck on!" I cried out, dropping my suitcase on the ground. This just had to happen. Now there was a chance I could get fired.

"You alright there miss?" I looked up to see a beautiful man. He had gorgeous blue eyes, pale skin, and sandy blonde hair. He was a bit taller than me, but I was wearing heels so nevermind that, he was probably a lot taller than me. His accent was quite charming though. He was probably from a different part of London.

"Yeah. I'm just fucking dandy." I replied sarcastically, a scowl on my face. Though the man didn't seem to mind my attitude towards him, and stepped closer.

"Yeesh, okay. Well. W-where were you heading off to?" He had a little stutter in his voice. I turned to face him. He had a rather cute smile on his face, as much as I hated to admit.

"A business meeting for my freelancer job." He winced as he realized I missed my ride there, but then a smirk spread across his face.

"What are you smirking for?" I hissed at him. He wasn't phased by me. I had to just accept that. So I put the mean girl act away, and I held a straight face instead of a frown.

"Well. I c-could drive you there, better late than never." He smiled again. I mean, he wasn't wrong. Though, there was probably no point in going now, other than being yelled at by my client. Plus, I could lie that I was sick.

"No thanks. There's no point in going now." I checked my watch for the millionth time. 12:58 PM.

"Well, since I-I'm free and you're not busy anymore, you w-wanna head down to the nearby coffee shop with me? It's just down the road." The man asked, running his hand through his hair, pushing his fringe back.

Why not, I thought. My day was ruined, and maybe he could change it.

"Sure. But I never caught your name." The response spilled out of my mouth, making me sound desperate. Though, I didn't mind. He was a cutie.

"The name's Damon." He smiled again, but this time he showed his teeth. They were a bit wonky, but it added to the cuteness. "Yours?"

"Y/n."

"Cool name." Damon winked at me before gesturing for me to follow him. "We should get going love because I'm meeting my friends there."

"Alright." I picked my suitcase back up. We started to walk, bumping into people from time to time. We had to stop once someone ran into me, causing me to yelp and fall backwards.

"Y/n! A-Are you alright?" Damon grabbed my hand, helping me up. His hand was warm and comforting, making a slight blush spread across my cheeks.

"Y-yeah. Some asshole ran into me." I rubbed my shoulder, wincing a bit. Damon watched me with concern in his eyes. We sat in silence until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Oi. I'm so sorry for running into you. I wasn't paying attention." I looked up to see the man who ran into me. He was taller than Damon, with dark hair that had a fringe by his eyes, his eyes were brown, his cheekbones were fairly defined and he had a handsome jawline. He was pretty as well.

"Oh uh, all is forgiven. Um, I should've been paying attention as well." I awkwardly chuckled.

"It's Alex." He stuck his hand out. I took it and shook it with joy.

"Y/n."

Alex

"Yo, Alex!" Damon randomly shouted from behind me. I jumped in surprise, watching as Damon tackled Alex in a hug. Alex smiled into the hug, laughing slightly.

"Hey Dames, it's been only a few days since we last saw each other." Damon laughed at Alex's response.

"Are you still h-heading to the coffee shop, mate?" Damon asked Alex. I watched them converse, standing awkwardly.

"Yeah- who is this?" Alex pointed to me. I guess he pieced together that Damon was with me.

"Oh. Y/n missed h-her train to work, so I offered her to come with me to the, uhhhh, coffee shop." Damon replied with his usual smile.

"Well, let's get going. I'm still sorry for running into you, Y/n." Alex stated.

"It's fine, chap." The three of us started to walk together, me in the middle of the two giants.

Feeling the need to smoke, my hand dug into the pocket in my blazer, pulling out my cigarette pack with a lighter. Pulling out a fag, I placed it between my lips. The lighter took a bit to work, but I got it eventually.

I could feel both the boys glance at me as I took my first drag, breathing out the smoke with ease.

"May I have one, love?" Damon asked me. I nodded pulling one out and lighting it for him. He took it with a grin, quickly taking a drag. He looked very attractive while smoking. It has always been a thing for me to think smoking was attractive.

"So, Y/n? How old are ya?" Alex asked. Usually people will say "never ask a women her age", but I never cared about that.

"25. But I'll be 26 in 2 weeks." Alex nodded, showing that he was listening.

"I'll be 27 in 9 months." Alex added, just to make conversation. We were out of the subway and now crossing a street.

"I'll be 27 in about a month." Damon tuned in. He finished his fag, dropping it on the sidewalk before stomping on it. I dropped mine soon after him, stomping on it as well.

"Well we're here." Damon stated. He opened the door for Alex and I. Alex went in before me, me following close behind.

"Thank you, Damon." I thanked him as I realized he held the door for me. He patted my back, before leading me to a table where two other men sat. Alex sat in a chair next to a man with dark hair, and fairly large glasses.

Damon sat himself at the other side of the table, patting the seat beside him, basically telling me to sit next to him. I did as he asked, and he smiled. There was a guy in front of me, who was with that dude with the large glasses. He had ginger hair, and dark brown eyes.

"Graham, Dave, this is Y/n. I met her at the subway station down the road." I turned to look at Damon. He looked back at me and I blushed.

"Uh, hi." I waved awkwardly, waiting for a conversation to pick up.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm Graham. Graham Coxon. It's very nice to meet you. Damon already seems to be in love." Graham started to chuckle as he finished his greeting. His voice was quiet compared to Damon and Alex.

Damon glared at him, before smacking Graham's hand from across the table.

"Youch!" Graham rubbed his hand, frowning playfully, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Uh, hi. I'm Dave." The ginger across from me finally spoke up. I smiled before sticking out my hand. He smiled back, shaking my offered hand.

"Now, back to why we came here. I'm hungry, and we need to talk about tour." Damon cut in. Alex hummed in approval.

"I'll go up and order, if you guys would like. Just give me the money, and I'll head up." I chimed in. Raising my hand seemed to do the trick as Damon giggled.

"I mean..." Damon started. Alex laughed loudly.

"Sure! Thank you, Y/n." Alex agreed with my offer. I grinned, showing my teeth. Alex smiled genuinely at that.

They all handed me their money, and told me their orders. After writing it down, I stood up, making my way to the line upfront.

After waiting a little while, my turn finally came. I went up with a smile on my face, listing what those 4 very hungry boys wanted.

"The total is £20." The cashier ordered. I dug the cash out that the boys gave. £30. I handed the cash to her and she smiled. She handed me the food and I brought it back to the table.

"Thank you so so so SO much, Y/n." Alex joked, taking his burrito from me. After, I laid the rest of the food on the table.

"Your welcome, guys." I stated as I sat back down next to Damon. Damon winked at me, and took a bite of his ham and cheese sandwich.

Reaching down, I opened my suitcase, taking out unsigned paperwork. I sighed, taking my pen out and signing a form, answering questions along with it.

"Looks stressful." Graham started conversation, of course it having to be about me.

"Yeah, no shit." I laughed. Taking my art supplies list out, I remembered I had an art gig for my company. It was a design for a new band poster. It was due the next week.

"Fuck!" I called out. The boys looked at me, shock across their faces. Hurriedly, I put all the paperwork away, taking my unfinished drawing out. On the paper, was a fairly detailed guitar with a ribbon wrapped around it with the band's name on the ribbon. Of course it was unfinished, so I had more detail to add.

"That looks really good." Damon stated. The boys all agreed. I blushed at their compliments, looking at my paper in embarrassment. Damon giggled at my reaction. Grabbing an extra pencil I had, I started to trace over my sketch, adding more detail as I went. It was easier since the boys weren't distracting me, having their own conversations.

"All right, I have to head off." Graham stated, standing up.

"Wait, what time is it?" I asked Graham. He looked down at his watch.

"Almost 4:30." He replied. Shit. I had dinner to make that night. My mother and I switched between who made dinner.

"Yeesh. I have to head off too. Can't believe it's been that long." Alex and Damon nodded in agreement. Dave gave me a quick goodbye, Alex gave me a high five, Graham already left, and Damon had something to tell me.

"Here's my number." Damon handed me a piece of paper. "I want to stay in touch. I had a lot of fun with you, yeah?" I nodded.

"Bye." I gave Damon a quick kiss on the cheek before calling a cab, and heading home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 111 37
I still love you, you know that I woke up with my hair matted to my forehead from the sweat. Not again, I thought as I wrapped my arms around my che...
117K 1.7K 62
You and Alex have know each other for awhile now you guys are 18 and you have a crush on him what happens next⚠️dirty⚠️
16 0 11
Meet Avery an 18 year old senior in high school. She's not afraid to speak her mind and sometimes that leads to trouble. What happens when a guy name...
36.7K 1.7K 30
Many say to stick to people a year or two older but what if I'm interested in someone older? What if they're interested in me ? After all I'm All His