Young God

By laymur55

He was a monster, even as a young boy people knew to stay away from him. Yet, he was still gentle with her, a... More

Prologue
Soundtrack
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Sequel
rewriting
One Million

Chapter 6

85.3K 1.9K 2.4K
By laymur55

Once we got downstairs I saw the four adults standing by the table with cocktails in their hands. The moment we entered the dining room, the conversation stopped and they all turned to look at Leo and I.

One woman, who I was assuming was Leo's mother walked towards us first. "Hello Aria, it's so good to see you. Look at you, such a beautiful woman now," she told me pulling me into a hug.

I hugged her back, "You look amazing as well Mrs. Moretti." It was true. She looked very young for her age and she had hair to her shoulders that was dark like Leo's. Her eyes were a dark, chocolate brown and she was quite short compared to Leo, but a little bit taller than me. She was wearing a red, professional dress and heels along with pearls all along her neck.

"Now now sweetheart, we're practically family, please call me Sofia," she told me with a warm smile on her face. A look of confusion crossed my face at the mention of being family but went away quickly. She probably meant that since our families were so close, we were like family.

My eyes then moved to the person behind her. Leo's father. He was a big man like Leo and was still in incredible shape despite his age. Leo got a majority of his looks from Steven, and probably got the imitation gene from him as well. Steven had icy blue eyes much like his son, and he was sporting a very nice suit. The Mafia Don himself was standing in front of me.

I reached out my hand for him to shake, "Don Moretti, it's nice to see you again."

He let out a little laugh, "Cmon hon, you can call me Steven. Like my wife said we're practically family, come give me a hug," he said to me with his arms open.

I hesitantly walked towards him and hugged him back. His hold was strong and he probably didn't mean it, but damn I was delicate.

I was still so confused at their mention of being family but that quickly left my mind as soon as I saw Leo talking to my father. My dad seemed to have a stern look on his face but I could see in his eyes there was admiration. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I don't think I wanted to know either.

"Alright everyone, why don't we go ahead and sit down at the table to eat?" my mom asked and everyone began sitting down.

As I was going to pull out my own chair to sit, someone else grabbed it from me and pulled it out. I looked behind me and saw that it was Leo. I instantly felt my face become redder by the second and I could feel the eyes of all of the adults on us. I sat on the chair and murmured a quiet 'thank you' while he pushed my chair in. I kept my eyes drawn to the table instead of everyone that was there.

Leonardo took the seat next to me, and when I gained the courage to look up again I saw that everyone was still looking at us. My mom and Sofia had huge smiles on their faces, while Steven sported a look of pride. My dad had his eyes squinted and pointed towards Leo but I don't think he realized because his eyes were still trained on me.

The table was a large rectangle and my parents sat on either end of the table with Leo and I on one side, and his parents on the other. Sofia and I were on the sides closest to my mom while the boys were on the side closest to my dad.

I grabbed the napkin from the plate and placed it on my lap like I was taught to do from all those etiquette lessons I was forced to take in order to learn proper tableside manners. I felt Leo's eyes drilling into the side of my head as I did this.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I murmured to him.

"Because I want to," he said with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the boy next to me and instead focus on the conversations going on around me. Soon enough, the food was brought out and my mouth watered at the sight of it. So much had occupied my mind today that I completely forgot to have a snack like I usually would after school. However, now was the time for me to feast.

There was chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, steak, and the best bread I had ever tasted in my life. The dinner wouldn't have been complete without other things that were too fancy for my liking and as a picky person, I decided not to try them. I piled a little bit of everything onto my plate and began eating, but I again felt eyes drilling into my soul.

I turned my head with my eyes squinted at Leo, "What?"

He looked at me and let out a light chuckle, "I like a woman that can eat."

"I like a woman that can eat," I mocked him rolling my eyes and went back to my food.

Quickly, however, I was pulled out of my peaceful eating and into what seemed like the game 21 questions by Leo's parents.

"So Aria," Sofia began, "what are your plans after you finish high school."

I took a sip of my lemonade, "I'm going to go to college while interning for my mom to one day join her in the fashion industry." I smiled at my mom and I saw the look of pride in her eyes staring back at me. My mom had been happy when I told her that I wanted to follow her route of becoming a fashion designer instead of becoming a lawyer like my dad.

"Oh that's wonderful sweetheart, you'd make an amazing designer. So any guys at the moment?" she asked me innocently, but there seemed to be more to her question. I saw Leo stiffen up at her question through my peripheral vision.

I nearly choked on my food, but quickly regained my composure, "Um no, not at the moment."

At my response, I saw Leo's tense figure become more relaxed, and his mom began to giggle, "Oh I'm sure that'll change soon." She winked at me.

Before I could ask her what she meant by that, my mom jumped into the conversation, "So Leonardo, how was the school in Italy. It must've been very beautiful out there."

Leo cleared his throat, "It was a very gorgeous setting indeed, I just really missed being home."

"We thought that it was best for Leonardo to get a better feel in Italy of the things he'll be doing once he takes over the business," Steven cut in.

I could see Leonardo become upset at his dad, but I couldn't understand why. I mean it seems like it was a good opportunity for him to gain some experience.

"Of course dad, you seem to know everything that's best for me," Leo sneered at his dad, "I begged you to let me stay, but next thing I know I'm on a jet." He stood up abruptly, his chair flying from behind him. He stormed out of the room slamming the door behind him.

I had never seen Leo this upset and it made me kind of fear him. There was an awkward silence that followed afterward and I could tell that both Sofia and Steven were embarrassed by his actions.

I should've just stayed in my seat and not intervened, but something in me told me to get up and follow Leo to see if he was alright.

"I'm gonna go check on him," I told all of the adults before placing the napkin that was in my lap on the table and leaving the dining room.

I looked all over the first floor before I noticed the back door slightly opened to the back yard. I opened it slightly and saw Leo sitting on the patio couch with his head in his hands.

"Hey Leo," I said softly not wanting to alarm his already upset state. It was freezing outside and I had no idea how he was sitting outside in it for so long.

He looked up from his hands and again patted the spot next to him. I slowly walked over and took the seat, turning my body slightly towards him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked him.

For a few moments, it was silent before I heard his raspy voice begin to talk, "I didn't want to go to Italy."

Before I could ask questions he continued talking, "My dad forced me to go, one day he told me and the next I was gone. I had to leave everything behind here. Everything. He won't tell anyone this but he kept me in charge of the business in Italy. The things I saw, it destroys a person. The things I had to do, they were all awful. You would think that it would break me down but it didn't. The power I had through the fear I emitted, it made me thirsty, thirsty for more. I was hungry for the power, for the complete and total control I had over everyone. I had completely changed and I loved it. People fear me now, and they'll fear me even more once I'm actually the Don. I was just a kid when I left, but I grew up real quick. I was a new person, and yet there was one part of me that remained the same. It was the part of my heart that you had control over and you didn't even know it. I could forgive him for making me into a monster, for making me the power-hungry man I am. However, I could never forgive him for taking me away from the only person that matters to me. You."

He looked me straight in the eyes and I held my breath. I didn't know how to react or what to say, but this confirmed everything I had assumed thus far. Leo had feelings for me.

"Why me?" I asked him.

"It was when I saw you for the first time at your father's law firm when you were around eight years old. I was also eight at the time, but my father wanted me to begin getting a grasp at everything that involved the business and that included meeting the man who handled all of my father's legal trouble. That moment I saw you, I knew there was something special about you. You were beautiful then and you're even more beautiful now. But I had to be patient and wait until you were ready to understand. Once I was forced to leave for Italy, I made sure to have guards posted around to keep you safe and especially keep all unwanted males away from you. This is all I can tell you for now. Things tend to work differently in my family and one day when you're ready I'll tell you, but for now you'll just have to wait." he said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! What the hell? You have barely talked to me and yet you have this crush on me? Then, out of nowhere, you begin to show this interest in me? It doesn't make sense." Leo had to be the most confusing person in the world.

Before he could respond however I remembered something else he said, "And your guards did what! You hired people to keep boys away from me? For what reason? Oh my God, is this what your parents meant earlier? Did they know about this crush you had on me?" I asked him almost yelling at this point. I was confused.

He sighed, "Well first off, I couldn't handle myself. I hadn't seen you in two years, that is two too many, so my instincts seemed to kick in and I had to find you. I had waited too long, and after all, I am an impatient man Aria. And of course my parents knew, you are the reason for my return after all.

And for that other part, you're mine and I didn't want any little boys around you. Period." He said venomously with jealousy laced in his voice. From seeing the many sides of Leo today, this one had to be the one that was the worst.

"I'm what? No, I'm not yours, you can't just put some kind of claim on me like that. Who do you think you are? You can't tell me who I can and can't be around," I yelled at him.

I got up to walk away from him, honestly done with the conversation and him. However, I was quickly grabbed and pulled against a very hard chest. I was breathing hard at this point and I could feel his heart beating quickly through his chest as well.

"You can try to run all you want sweetheart, but I will always find a way back to you. If being across the world couldn't stop me from getting you, nothing will," he flipped me around so now our chests were touching and our faces were inches away from each other. "I understand you're not completely accustomed to my ways yet, but all you need to know for now is that you are mine and I am yours." His voice was filled with possessiveness and total seriousness.

I didn't know how I should be feeling, however, I was mostly just confused. Things were moving too quickly and I felt suffocated. Leo had everything figured out it seemed like and he left no room for discussion.

If he thought I was some girl that was just going to accept his terms and conditions, he was wrong. "Listen here Leo, I don't know anything about you and until that happens, we are nothing. You want us to be something, you need to ask me as a real gentleman would. I have standards." I patted his cheek with my hand, and he looked surprised, but that quickly changed to a look of challenge.

"You're a stubborn one huh? Good thing I like a challenge," he winked at me before letting go of me and going back inside.

He's gonna mess my life up.

______________________

Hope you guys enjoy this one. It's the longest one yet! Let me know what you think about it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.2K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
7.6M 214K 47
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** No one could have guessed what would happen when a sixteen year old Vincenzo goes to an auction with his father. No one c...
295K 3.7K 26
Lots of sex scenes. Cause I'm a horny freak. This book is very poorly written and I'm very very sorry. It was an experiment book to give me ideas for...
20.4K 1.6K 36
Harlie has been recently handed down her father's empire and she has no clue in how to run it. Nobody knows that small fact except for the ones who w...