Chapter 6

Once we got downstairs I saw the four adults standing by the table with cocktails in their hands. The moment we entered the dining room, the conversation stopped and they all turned to look at Leo and I.

One woman, who I was assuming was Leo's mother walked towards us first. "Hello Aria, it's so good to see you. Look at you, such a beautiful woman now," she told me pulling me into a hug.

I hugged her back, "You look amazing as well Mrs. Moretti." It was true. She looked very young for her age and she had hair to her shoulders that was dark like Leo's. Her eyes were a dark, chocolate brown and she was quite short compared to Leo, but a little bit taller than me. She was wearing a red, professional dress and heels along with pearls all along her neck.

"Now now sweetheart, we're practically family, please call me Sofia," she told me with a warm smile on her face. A look of confusion crossed my face at the mention of being family but went away quickly. She probably meant that since our families were so close, we were like family.

My eyes then moved to the person behind her. Leo's father. He was a big man like Leo and was still in incredible shape despite his age. Leo got a majority of his looks from Steven, and probably got the imitation gene from him as well. Steven had icy blue eyes much like his son, and he was sporting a very nice suit. The Mafia Don himself was standing in front of me.

I reached out my hand for him to shake, "Don Moretti, it's nice to see you again."

He let out a little laugh, "Cmon hon, you can call me Steven. Like my wife said we're practically family, come give me a hug," he said to me with his arms open.

I hesitantly walked towards him and hugged him back. His hold was strong and he probably didn't mean it, but damn I was delicate.

I was still so confused at their mention of being family but that quickly left my mind as soon as I saw Leo talking to my father. My dad seemed to have a stern look on his face but I could see in his eyes there was admiration. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I don't think I wanted to know either.

"Alright everyone, why don't we go ahead and sit down at the table to eat?" my mom asked and everyone began sitting down.

As I was going to pull out my own chair to sit, someone else grabbed it from me and pulled it out. I looked behind me and saw that it was Leo. I instantly felt my face become redder by the second and I could feel the eyes of all of the adults on us. I sat on the chair and murmured a quiet 'thank you' while he pushed my chair in. I kept my eyes drawn to the table instead of everyone that was there.

Leonardo took the seat next to me, and when I gained the courage to look up again I saw that everyone was still looking at us. My mom and Sofia had huge smiles on their faces, while Steven sported a look of pride. My dad had his eyes squinted and pointed towards Leo but I don't think he realized because his eyes were still trained on me.

The table was a large rectangle and my parents sat on either end of the table with Leo and I on one side, and his parents on the other. Sofia and I were on the sides closest to my mom while the boys were on the side closest to my dad.

I grabbed the napkin from the plate and placed it on my lap like I was taught to do from all those etiquette lessons I was forced to take in order to learn proper tableside manners. I felt Leo's eyes drilling into the side of my head as I did this.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I murmured to him.

"Because I want to," he said with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the boy next to me and instead focus on the conversations going on around me. Soon enough, the food was brought out and my mouth watered at the sight of it. So much had occupied my mind today that I completely forgot to have a snack like I usually would after school. However, now was the time for me to feast.