Intriguing Endearment [Vegeta...

By Aramis_Queen

He was known as a ruthless and feared murderer from the Frieza saga. Yet; similar to any other beings that br... More

Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven.

1K 53 0
By Aramis_Queen

        -The amelioration of capsule 4 had been successful. Of course, she would only work on it late at night when everyone was dead sleeping so as to avoid any direct confrontation with the devil himself. The reason be that, a few days back when Vegeta had insulted her, she'd realized that she didn't actually wished to be accuse of things she never even thought of. Knowing deep down that Vegeta was a conflicted man, she'd decided to avoid him as best as she could for the rest of the week. He'd made it clear enough that he didn't want her near him and she'd respected his choice. She might have been wrong after all; to believe that there was some sort of connection between them both.

   Tools packed neatly in her toolbox, she picked at her fingertips in an attempt to remove her working gloves before wiping her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand. Bending down, she picked the toolbox up, shot a last scrutiny at her work to ensure herself that everything was perfectly completed and then finally sauntered out of the spaceship when she was fully satisfied. Considering how sweaty, sticky and tired she was, she concluded that after eating the dinner that she'd missed, she would shower, change in neat clothes and sleep for the rest of the day. Closing the heavy metal door to the spaceship, she glanced at her hand-watch and read 2:30 a.m. Outside, it was still dark and the only source of light she had, came from the moon. Thankfully, it was enough to lighten her path as she trotted lazily in the direction of her house, fatigue overwhelming her small body frame.

Once in her kitchen, she opted for the only food that would provide her with enjoyment; instant-ramen. Pouring water in the plastic bowl, she sat patiently at the kitchen table, patiently waiting for three minute to expire. Three minute was what kept her from devouring her favorite dish. Staring at the noodle before her, elbow erect on the table and face resting as support in the palm of her hand, she sighed numbly; as if the reason of her sadness was the ramen when in fact, it had been something else.

"I wonder what I did wrong!" She uttered pensively while the event from the other night replayed constantly in her mind. With each criticism she directed toward her own self, she finally realized that as time went by, the more she felt like she wasn't hungry anymore. In fact, ever since her argument with the saiyan prince, she has been eating less and less. It was like she'd indirectly been sinking into a depression. Picking up the bowl of fully prepared ramen, she slide out of her stool and walked toward the fridge, opening its door and storing the food in there. Instead, she picked up a box of milk, opened its lid, drank from it and then toss the empty container in the bin.

        Swirling around so as to head for the exit, she fidgeted in spot at the sight of the sexy shirtless godlike devil that stood by the doorway, arms folded in superiority, brows furrowed in austerity while he observed her. Stupid her, she'd let her guards down and was so damn lost in her own thought that she didn't even hear him. Stuck between ignoring him and actually engaging a conversation, she chose to ignore him. He'd made it clear that he didn't want her near him. Yet, the more she stared at him, the more her heart ached. He was in nothing but his pair of black tights, shirtless and barefoot. In other circumstances, the only view of it would've been mouthwatering. Right now, it was suffocating. Especially when her heart cried out in agony from all the stuff he'd said to her; from the way he'd threatened her. As she slowly drifted back to reality from her pool of pain, she realized that they'd been making eye-contact the whole time. None of them uttered a word and the tension between them was growing each seconds.

          He was unable to sleep due to his nightmares. They'd grown even more irritating for the past few days, now that the woman was no more invading his privacy. He'd figure out he'd just head downstairs so as to grab himself a dry toast and some milk but to his dismay, she was there, sitting on a stool by the kitchen table, staring at her ramen bowl like it disgusted her. He heard her muttered something. Although her voice was smooth and soft, he heard her perfectly due to his hearing abilities. Brows furrowed, he wondered about the things that was going on in her mind and for some reasons, deep down, he knew she's been thinking of him. The more he stared at her, he noticed the dark circles underneath her swollen eyes, she looked paler than usual and if he couldn't sense ki, he'd said she was probably sick. On the contrary, her ki indicated that she was perfectly fine physically, the issue seemed to be stemming from something else and he knew exactly what. Her swollen eyes was enough to depict the numerous nights she's cried herself to sleep and her paleness was proof that she wasn't eating enough. He watched her fragile body get out of the stool she sat on, store the untouched food in the fridge, drank down a bottle of milk and when she finally noticed him, she blanched, eyes staring at him distantly. After a few more second, he saw the realization in her usually lively beautiful blue irises and noticed as she cringed, grimacing in distaste. Was he such a terrible person? The action was enough to set his heart ablaze and the pain was indescribable. He heard her sighed in defeat, lowering her gaze as she tried to walk pass by him. If it was privacy that he needed then privacy he would received.

         Just when she'd thought she was going to reach the corridor, he extended his left arm, placing it against the doorframe beside him and blocked her way. Taking a few step back, startled from the gesture and avoiding any skin contact, she glared at him. What now?

      "Woman!" He hissed bitterly like he'd been burned by the only attempt of trying to converse with her. She narrowed her eyes at him, feeling extremely beat by his hurtful actions and his scornful unsympathetic tone. Soon, he ordered; "Get me something to eat!"

       She said nothing and simply went back on her steps, removing several ingredients from the cupboard and fridge so as to confection something edible for him to eat. Knowing Vegeta, he was never one to ask for help. Not even for food. Strangely this morning, he just wanted her there, with him, like good old time. Even if they weren't talking or exchanging insults, the only fact of having her at a close proximity or in the same room as him was enough to bring him relief.

He'd expected her to protest and shout back at him, telling him that she wasn't his servant or slave. But she did no such thing and scrutinizing her stance, he concluded that he might just have hurt her real bad. Disappointed he was by her compliance when usually she was a fierce woman. Disappointed he was by himself for damaging her and robbing her of her sparks.

One hour went by until his food was ready. Considering that he ate more than 25 servings, she had to spend an enormous amount of time to get him the amount of food that would actually pacify his hunger. As he picked up his chopstick to dig into his noodle, he arched an eyebrow into her direction. Her back currently facing him, unlike any previous days, she wasn't going to wait for him to finish; she was leaving. Every single part of him screamed and begged for her to stay a little longer, feeling the void of her unkept company. A company he'd grown accustomed to, ever since he'd started staying with the Briefs. Even if it was for a few more minutes. Trying to find something to say without seeming desperate, he decided to comment on the food.

"What in the world is this?" He screeched in disgust and she froze in her track, rolling her eyes around so as to stare at him in confusion.

"Woman! This food taste bad! Are you trying to poison me?"

"If it's too bad for your liking, just throw it away! Will save us both from the trouble!" Her voice was rude and merciless. He'd heard her throw insults at him before, but today, her rigid tone had managed to get under his skin. Placing the chopstick back on the table, he got out of his chair and saw her flinched. She was the only person on earth whom he wished desperately wouldn't be scare of him. Approaching her slowly, he noticed how she was trying to distance herself from him by taking a few steps back. Back in the days this particular gesture would've amused him, right now, it pissed him off. Was she disgusted by him or something?

"Tch!" He scoffed in annoyance. "Woman! What's wrong with you?"

"You're actually asking me what's wrong with me?" She chuckled mockingly malevolent and glared back into his piercing irises. "It appears that his highness has already forgotten what he did wrong!"

"Tch! And what exactly did I do wrong?" He was strangely calm as he watched her eyes widened in shock and irritation warped her face. Suddenly, she was her old self again. Daringly poking onto his bare chest with her index-finger, she groaned.

"Unbelievable! You accused me of conspiring with Goku to disturb your training! You accused me of sabotaging the simulator and the worst of it all was accusing me of wanting to kill you when all I wanted, was to help you and care for you?" She chastised making sure she'd emphasized on her words for dramatic effect.

"Why? Why do you even care?! In fact, I was the reason behind the death of your loser friends and instead of despising me like the others, why are you even preoccupied with my wellbeing?" He folded his arms quite vexed.

"You know why? Because last time I checked, you were made of blood and flesh too! You're capable of feeling and..."

"Enough!" He interrupted her abruptly, gritting his teeth at her. "I don't feel anything! There's no such thing as 'feel'!"

"Oh yeah? Then you shouldn't be obsess either in surpassing Goku if you couldn't feel in the first place! Do you know what I think?" She paused glaring down into his obsidian orbs in determination and when he said nothing, she continued: "I think that you're frustrated! Frustrated of not being good enough! And if you are capable of being frustrated! It means that you are capable of feeling and experiencing emotions like the rest of us! And I don't care what you think or say, we both know I'm right!"

A burdening silence had settled in and when he made no attempt to answer back, she took it as her cue to leave. Part of her was praying for him to stop her, to talk to her and for them to solve their issues, but he never did. Heart throbbing painfully in her bust, she took off into the direction of her bedroom, disappointed by the fact that the unknown feeling that bind them together was not strong enough for him to hold onto her. What had she expected anyway? Especially from a saiyan who'd spent countless years of his life in destroying planets with only snaps of his fingers? The farther it went, she got the impression that she might probably not win after all.

            -Leaning her weight over the railing of her terrace, later that night, she devoured the starry sky curiously with her gaze. She smirked to herself, thinking that she would've probably never met Vegeta if it wasn't for her space travel to namek. Knowing that he could be a very demanding and energy consuming man to deal with but the heart wanted what it wants and she knew deep down, she'd still be craving for him.

      "I've been here for hours and not even a single shooting star?" She sighed dreamily, observing the pitch black sky enveloped in shiny little stars, with hope engulfing her sky blue irises. As per the earth's culture, making wishes at the sight of a shooting star was magical. Perhaps, this was the type of magic that she needed to sparkle up her life.

        "Tch! If it's a shooting star you want..." A familiar frosty hoarse voice startled her and she swirled in his direction curiously. He was in his usual saiyan attire. The attire she'd crafted especially for him. Somehow, it pleased her to see that even if he refused to acknowledge her emotions for him, he was at-least not discarding the things she's put in so much effort to make. Ignoring the harsh expression on his handsome face, she deliberately roved her eyes onto the toned shapes of his body. She had to admit, the armor did his beauty justice. He'd not failed to notice either, the dark emotions grazing her eyes but instead, he decided to continue, voice laced with venom; "woman! Close your eyes!"

           "What? What for?!" She protested, brows knitted together in severity, eyes shifting back to his obsidian one.

    "Woman! Don't argue! Just do it!" He reiterated, cheeks particularly flustered and piercing black orbs glaring deep into her soul. She opened her mouth so as to retaliate but realized that her throat dried out and she practically had nothing to say either. Heaving a sigh, she nodded and complied with whatever he'd asked her to do.

        Directing one of his hand toward the sky, a ki-blast formed at the end of his palm before releasing the accumulated energy ball. He felt stupid indeed but there was something deep inside that wanted nothing but to witness her smile and joy again.

      "Now open your eyes!" He ordered and she did. Blue irises widening in amazement as she stared at the sky, her lips twisted into an open mouth smile. Upward, into the black sky coated with shiny beads, were several shooting-star racing in different direction. Clasping her hands together, she quickly pressed her lids shut and made a wish. Vegeta, arms entwined over his toned chest, watched her with interest.

         "How did you do that?"

   "Nice huh? It's a secret!" He declared smugly, the corner of his lips twitching into a cocky smirk.

      "Oh Vegeta! Thank you!" She whispered softly, her voice regaining its usual glint of excitement as she studied the rigid man approached her. After what seemed a long torturous stride, he finally stopped beside her, body erect and tensed as usual. She wondered if he never relaxed.

      'Well! Can't tell her I just blasted an asteroid just to see her smile!' He thought to himself maintaining his cocky smirk, joining her in the star gazing. He remembered that they'd done this a few weeks back and how they'd nearly kissed before a certain someone had breached their moment.

        "So?!" She questioned softly, interrupting the comforting silence that had settled between them. "Why are you here Vegeta?"

     "Woman!" His voice held mystery as he stared at the stars distantly. Ever since their conversation this morning, something has been tormenting him. "Back on my planet, if a saiyan showed emotions other than his thirst for battle and his desire to grow stronger, this man was considered as weak!"

       "Feelings doesn't make you weak Vegeta! In fact..." She paused studying him affectionately. "This is what makes you stronger!"

            "I do not know what you expect from me! But whatever you want and desire, I cannot fulfill them!" His voice was strident and raucous as usual, but unlike the other days, she could feel his anguish.

    "Ve-Vegeta!" She called onto him desperately, hauling him out of his trance. He watched her from the corner of his eyes, maintaining his stiff posture. "Y-You don't have to carry everything on your own back! I'm begging you..."

       His eyes widened for a matter of seconds before softening as he studied her curiously. She had no idea how much her words brought relief to the distress of his heart. Noticing the foreign mix of emotions in his eyes, she loomed closer and his breathing, hitched. The overwhelmingly magnetic attraction was reestablished and she knew he could feel it too.

       "You're foolish woman!" He declared grimly, taking a few steps back so as to maintain his austere demeanor. The last thing that he needed was to melt and give in to her charm. "Do you even realize that you're helping someone who might even destroy your planet afterward?"

         "You would've done it already if you wanted to! Yet; I'm very much alive and breathing!"

     "The reason I've kept you and your miserable family alive is because you served me well with your inventions!" He screeched mockingly while she stared at him in disbelief. His evil side was taking over. Old habits died hard.

         "Y-you mean that..."

   "Listen to me carefully; after I've become a super saiyan! I'll defeat those androids, kill Kakarot and destroy this miserable planet of yours! Until then, serve me well and maybe I shall spare your..." He didn't even had the time to complete when the palm of her slender hand had collided violently against his face. She stared at him in disdain and although he was irritated, he kept his cool and glowered back at her. To him, this conversation was over. His motives has always been to destroy earth and defeat Goku. Unfortunately, he'd been quite delayed due to the new twist of event with the android. Growling, he took a few more steps back and walked away.

       "V-Vegeta! Wait!" She called several time desperately at him but he wouldn't listen. He was too stubborn, arrogant and prideful to even listen to an earthling. Knowing that his actions was gonna hurt her deeply, he ignored the woman and walked off the balcony, reminding himself the true purpose of his presence on earth. The truth was, having such a pure and innocent creature such as her worrying for someone as evil as he was, was revolting, disturbing and annoying. Hurting her wasn't what he desired but he knew no way other than to vent his frustration and confusion on others through his harshness. Her affection for someone like him fueled his fury since deep within, he hated himself for the man he'd became. He was robbed of his freedom and happiness. People knew him as a tyrant and feared him for his cruelty. This had been a title and reputation bestowed upon him since he was being handed to the Frieza force, and living a life other than what he'd been taught to, was something incomprehensible and beyond his grasp. It confused him to not know and because of this same confusion, he was hurting her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 887 33
"You see, three years later in the 12th of May... around 10 am... it's when they appear to make themselves known." Shadow figures float through his v...
1.3K 92 11
γ€ŒThe Gift of Immortality」 Dragon Ball Story: INSERT READER β•°βž€ GENDER-NEUTRAL READER Γ— DRAGON BALL CHARACTERS β€’Β°βœ©Β°β€’ A warrior named [π™π™žπ™§π™¨π™© 𝙉𝙖...
84.7K 2.2K 22
"Didn't Raditz tell you old timer?" Goku growls. "I wasn't born on this planet, I was sent here to destroy it. I'm sure that Gohan dropped me on purp...
94.3K 1.7K 43
( Completed ) Gohan has just defeated Cell and is grieving over his father's death. He just wants to be in his room alone. Vegeta is also mad abou...