The Search for Cinderella

By alexisgracexo

Annabelle Kennedy is a normal sixteen year old unaffected by the craze of internationally famous Xavier Matth... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
LAST AUTHORS NOTE EVER
Playlist

Chapter 27

306K 10.3K 3.4K
By alexisgracexo

CHAPTER 27

Three more days till the grand finale. All of the girls had finished lunch and Rose and I were bringing the plates to the kitchen. As soon as I put the plates down on the kitchen bench I was intercepted from behind, arms wrapping around my waist. Xavier's familiar scent washed over me as he pushed me up into a the corner.

"Go out with me," he whispered, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

"Now?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" Curiosity overwhelmed me.

He laughed, "It's a surprise. Wear something you can walk comfortably in then meet me at the front gates." After he left Rose came into the kitchen smirking, "Go to your lover."

"Shut up," I grumbled walking past her all the way upstairs to my bedroom. I changed into printed cotton short shorts and a white Nirvana tank singlet along with white high cut Converses. I met him at the front and he looked me up and down.

I blushed and thanked him as we made our way over to where ever he's taking me. Walking with Xavier is like walking with my best friend; not awkward at all. We talked and we didn't talk. No awkward silence or awkwardly forced conversations. And this is a first because I'm a very awkward person.

"You know, Justin and Selena aren't actually together." He said out of nowhere.

What the fudge is he on aabout.

I gave him a blank look, "Um, what?"

He laughed at me before I realised what he was talking about. I stared at him in horror, "Oh my gosh you actually watched that?!"

He just laughed at me. How lovely.

We walked past some beaches and street markets and explored the lovely city. Xavier bought me a fluro green I <3 LA sunglasses. I got him an I <3 LA necklace which was written on a beer cap on a dog tag chain.

He laced his fingers with mine and I felt warm inside.

"Look," he pointed and there in front of me was the Hollywood sign.

"Oh my gosh that is amazing!"

I was actually in front of the sign. After all those years of longing to come to California and I am here.

Hand in hand, we walked up the hill and stopped in front of it at the tourist look out place.

"Let me take a photo of you." He said, pushing me in front of him. He took one of me before I took another of him on my phone as well. There were a few tourists around and some with an Australian accent. One of them came up to us, not recognising (probably due to the fact she was nearly middle aged), "Would you like me to take a photo of both of you?"

"Yes please," I handed her my phone and we stood in front of the iconic sign.

Xavier wrapped his arm around my waist and I looked up at him to see him giving off his cheesy grin which created a dimple on the left side of his cheek.

I resisted the urge to poke it, he's so cute!

"And another one; 1, 2, 3..." Wait what? I looked to the lady and smiled as the she took our photo."

"There's a few on there," She said afterwards, handing me the phone, "You guys are so cute."

Blushing, I thanked her and looked at the photos. One was of the two of us smiling and the other was of me when I was looking up at him.

"I like that one," Xavier said as he creeps up behind my shoulder, "Can you send it to me?"

We hang around the Hollywood sign a little more, eating some hot chips from a vender, as we wait.

For what? I'm not sure because the stupid boy won't tell me.

As soon as the tourists left Xavier pulled my hand and said, "Let's go!"

And I follow him, up the trail, through the trees and the rocks which lead to behind the Hollywood sign.

"Woah, I never realise it was this big," I said as I gazed at it in awe.

He smiled at me, "It get's bigger."

And he started climbing the fence.

"What Xav, no. It clearly says no trespassing. No."

"Come on Belle, live a little."

I scowl, "Xavier, we're going to get in so much trouble."

He jumped over the fence and landed on the other side. What is he, a cat or something?
"Belle..." He taunts teasingly. I'm going to whack that stupid, beautiful, annoying, cheeky grin off of his face.

I groan before cautiously climbing up the fence.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you..." I groan. Xavier just smirks. Smirks! "We both know that that is impossible."

Boy was that true.

Finally I jumped down off of the fence. Xavier, being a gentleman, helped me up off of the dusty ground. We ran to the Hollywood sign and then Xavier started climbing the letter O.

"What Xavier?! Are you insane?!"

He laughs, "Come on Belle, you already broke one rule, why not another?" He climbs and swings his legs over, sitting on the frame. He pats the spot next to him, "Don't be scared." He calls out.

And I succumb to the peer pressure. And his stupid smile.

And stupid breath taking eyes.

I climb up and sit next to him, "You know I though we were just going to walk around town or something. Not this."

"Surprise!" He calls out before taking out his phone to take a selfie.

I was actually sitting on the Hollywood sign! I looked over to where we stood before and there were more tourists there but then I realised that they were pointing at us.

"Xavier look!" I said nodding over towards them.

He just laughs, "Wave at them Belle."

And so we did, until a cop car pulls up. Make that three police cars.

"Um, Xavier..."

He looks at me before dropping to the ground. That was more than a two metre jump!

"Xavier!"

"Come on Belle you have to jump!"

He is insane! I swear to Albus Dumbledore that this kid has to see someone. I can barely jump off the trampoline at home – mostly because the metal part zaps me every time but that's irrelevant.

"Come on Belle, they're coming!"

I saw them, more than five, they were exiting their cars, one had a megaphone.

"I'll catch you Belle."

I looked at him.

And then I jumped.

He didn't catch me though.

I fell on him.

"Oh my gosh are you ok?!"

He groans, "Yup, I'll live."

I quickly helped him up and we ran to the gate. He helped me climb over and then we made a run for it. Through the trail and the trees and the rocks and I was so glad that my disoriented sense of gravity didn't kick in. We found an alternate way back to the main road to avoid the police. We found a Seven Eleven shop and ran inside to our safe haven, puffing and of breath, he looks at me.

I look back. And we just laugh. We fall to our knees laughing and the man behind the desk gives us a strange look thinking that we are some messed up kids.

We were at the Slurpee machine when some tourists came in and queued at the machine behind us.

"Did you see them, the two people who climbed on the sign!"

"That was so cool! I wish I could do it!"

"Yeah but the police came. I got some photos of them on my camera."

I turned around and came face to face with two teenage girls around 16 – my age. She looks at me and recognition filters through in her eyes, "Hey! You're Annabelle Kennedy from The Search For Cinderella!"

I smile, "Yeah,"

I noticed that Xavier had stealthily disappeared and slipped behind some magazine stands, burying his face in a bridal magazine?

"I'm voting for you! Every week!" She gushes excited/

"Thank you, so much!"

"Could I get a photo?!"

I nod and her friend takes her DSLR camera, and takes a photo of us. The girl I was standing with tells us how her parents get annoyed with her for watching the show too much because they're just visiting America for a while. But she's just such a big Xavier Matthews fan.

"What's your name?" I ask them.

The girl who took the photo answers, "I'm Anna and this is Dani."

"Um, I heard you got a photo of the people on the Hollywood sign. Would you be able to email it to me?"

Dani nods starstruck. And I write my email out onto her slurpee cup.

"Thank you so much!"
I make my way outside to where Xavier was standing with my slurpee.

"Thanks," I say smiling at him.

He doesn't say anything. He just leans down and kisses me. And my body melts into his.

A/N: Lots of love xxx

QOTU: what century/era/decade etc. time period I guess, would you have wanted to grow up in?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 1.8K 18
My name is Nicolette Carson. I'm 26 years old and oh did I mention I'm a Victoria's Secret model. I've worn the million dollar lingerie set last and...
300 18 13
The flashing lights of paparazzi and the millions of calls from her record label and manager aren't the only things Annabella Graveston has to worry...
34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
767K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...