Intriguing Endearment [Vegeta...

By Aramis_Queen

He was known as a ruthless and feared murderer from the Frieza saga. Yet; similar to any other beings that br... More

Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Epilogue

Chapter Two.

1K 52 1
By Aramis_Queen

        -It was a day like any other, plunged in the boredom of her human life as she flipped mechanically through the pages of her magazine in an attempt to keep herself occupied. Her mind had been wandering on foreign lands against her will. It was mentally exhausting to have to control herself. Especially after having come twice, face to face with the glorious body of the evil godlike saiyan.

Heaving a sigh, she rested the brochure on the small coffee table, unable to stay focus and stood to her feet to go for a stroll across the liveliness of her beautiful garden. Since last night eventualities, neither the saiyan nor her had made an attempt to engage in a conversation. Knowing deep down that he wasn't much of a conversationalist, she chose to leave him be.

He'd complained about her being clingy, numerous time. He needed his space and perhaps; it was high time for her to stop focusing on him and to find something to keep herself occupied.

        As usual, ever since the apparition of the mysterious saiyan who'd defeated Frieza all by himself, Yamcha had been training hardly in her garden almost everyday. She was forced to acknowledge that he looked good too. Especially with his new hairstyle. Lately; neither the bad boy and herself had had time for each other, this would be the perfect time to have a serious conversation with the guy. Hopefully, she wasn't making a mistake.

         "Hey Yamcha? You want something to drink?" She offered sweetly, poking her nose through the doorway and waved at the young lad training in her garden.

     "Yeah sure Bulma!" Pausing with whatever he'd been doing, he straightened himself, wiped away the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand and reciprocated to her sweet smile with the same enthusiasm.

"Alright! I'll be right back! Hey..." Hey brows arched up in realization, her lips twisting in an open-mouth smile.

"Uhh? What is it Bulma?" He studied her curiously.

"That's it! Maybe I should bring one for Vegeta too! The poor man has been training since early morning!" She declared in a concerned monologue, failing to notice Yamcha's transition in mood, from merriment to angst .

"Vegeta...Vegeta....Vegeta! Why do you always have to worry about him?" He howled his annoyance at the puzzled woman.

"Yamcha? What's wrong?" She blinked several time, eyeing him, transfixed

"You and I have been dating for a long time! Why is it that you always think about that guy? Have you forgotten that he was the reason, Picolo, Tien, Tiatsu and I, died in the first place?"

"Ohh! Can you stop being jealous! I'm just helping him to be comfortable around us humans! Besides, have you seen the scars on his body? I can tell that the poor guy has went through a lot already! He is constantly subject to hatred by others! And right now, hatred is the least of thing that he'll need, believe me!" Stomping her foot on the ground in irritation, her hands finds its way elegantly to her waist as she glared at the mafia boy.

"What? You saw his body?" He uttered a lourd cry of astonishment.

"Well of course I did! He was injured remember! We had to change him into fresh clothes and treat his wounds!" She stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Anyway! Lets not forget that he deserve that hatred! Don't forget that he contributed with the destruction of numerous lives and planets!"

"It's not like he had a choice either! Should I remind you that he'd been under the orders of Frieza?! Besides he could've killed me on namek if he wanted to but he didn't! I think he's a good man, if you asked me!" Her eyes was sparkling with some kind of strange admiration targeted toward the saiyan everyone hated and despised so deeply. Everyone except from Goku and Bulma. He gaped at her in stupor, brows arched.

"I'm suppose to be your boyfriend remember? Not that freak! Don't you think you should've showed the same enthusiasm for me?!"

"Oh you shut up! Are you nut? We aren't even dating! You cheated on me, you jerk!" She spat sourly and he gasped, feeling at a lost of words.

Painfully shifting the pressure of his body on the other arm, he carried on with his routinely pushups at 400 times gravity. The salty liquid glided his bronzed skin and crashed down on the floor like tiny droplets of rains. His training was intense to have him sweating excessively at an extent that his sweats looked like a pond.

     Not to mention the small pool of liquid that had accumulated beneath his body on the floor. He was nearly finished with his push-ups when the annoying noises of shouting and yelling interrupted his focus, causing him to collapse miserably into his own pond of sweat. Cursing under his breath, he struggled toward the main board and slammed his fist onto a button, decreasing the gravity pressure. He heard several mechanical noise before he was breathing and moving at normal gravity again.

"What are those fools up to? Do they even realize they're hindering my training with their incessant babblings?" He roared in exasperation, heaving noisily from the impact of his earlier intense training. "Now lets see who's gonna pay for disturbing me! They're gonna regret that they were even..."

"Ohh! Can you stop being jealous! ...have you seen the scars on his body? ...he's been subject to hatred by others already! And right now, hatred is the least of thing that he'll need believe me!" The familiar honey-like voice of the earthling woman teased his ears. He could tell that she'd gotten into an argument with someone.

Another familiar voice had responded to her harshly. He quickly recognized that weakling Yamcha and unknowingly, his hands balled up in fists. Well this wasn't his business anyway. He might as well get back to his training. After all, he knew well enough that these two had been lovers.

"What? You saw his body?" The indecent remark of the mafia boy brought him to a halt and he furrowed his brows, wondering if they've been talking about him the whole time.

"Well of course I did! He was injured, remember? We had to change him into fresh clothes and treat his wounds!" The calm comment of the woman held a hint of mischievousness in her tone. Vegeta had jerked back, swiveling in the direction of the door, his mouth gapping in utter shock as he realized they'd been talking about him. This wasn't the worst part yet! The worst part was that this woman had seen his...she'd seen his... He dare not think about it, his cheeks turning scarlet red at the only possibility of it.

   "Anyway! Lets not forget that he deserve that hatred! Don't forget that he contributed with the destruction of numerous lives and planets!"

The peculiar, brutally honest comment hath Vegeta straightened his body from the ridiculous stance of earlier and studied his hands carefully. The weakling was right! He wasn't like them! He was no hero or good person. He was an evil saiyan who had spent his whole life killing and destroying others. Someone who was thirsty for battle and blood. He was someone sullied deep to his bones and was condemned to such a life until the day he dies.

"It's not like he had a choice either! Should I remind you that he'd been under the orders of Frieza?! Besides he could've killed me on namek if he wanted to but he didn't! I think he's a good man, if you asked me!" The woman had surprised him yet again. His eyes wide open, as they pierce through the metal door of the spaceship he was in. So she believed that he was a good man?

'What a foolish woman! Me? A good man? Unbelievable!' The only thought of it was enough to fuel the fire of his anger. Part of him was happy that she believed in him, that unlike any others, she was willing to know and care for him instead of hating him.

"I can't let these feelings get the best of me! I need to become stronger and beat Kakarot!" Slamming his fist into one of the nearby drone, damaging the equipment in the process, he roared his fury. All of this were confusing to his mind. It was a situation he'd never been exposed to before.

"I'm suppose to be your boyfriend remember? Not that freak! Don't you think you should've showed the same enthusiasm for me?!" Yamcha seemed desperate and Vegeta scoffed at the foolishness of the lad. To think that love would turn people into ridicule beings.

'That's right woman! You should be worrying about your weakling boyfriend!' He rumbled in his own head as he prepared to get back to his workouts.

"Oh you shut up! Are you nut? We aren't even dating! You cheated on me, you jerk!"

He paused in his track, furrowed brows breaking into an arch. So that loser had dared to cheat on such a wonderful woman? It was beyond Vegeta's understanding to witness someone cheat on the blue haired female. Who was foolish enough to look elsewhere?

"Damn it! Why am I even getting worked up over earthlings' love issues?!" He howled at himself, mad that he was even listening to their conversation.

"Yeah right! Another of your lame excuses just to cover up for your big fat crush on that jerk, Vegeta!" The faint but still audible voice of Yamcha had yelled back at her. Even tough Bulma and Yamcha were arguing at a certain distance from his ship, he could still hear them because of his extra sensitive hearing abilities. But then, this wasn't what had caught his attention in the first place. Something else did.

"Don't be silly Yamcha! Vegeta is someone who's faced a lot of hardship! All I'm trying to do is help him!" She had declared calmly. Why did she even care about him anyway? Didn't this woman have a brain? The moment he'd obtain what he wants, he might as well destroy the earth. Starring at the direction of the capsule's door from over his shoulder, lips parted slightly as his onyx eyes pierced through the metal material again, he couldn't believe he heard what he thought he heard. Then sighing, he was no one to interfere in the matters of the earthlings. Not when his purpose had been to used them for his training and then beat Kakarot.

"Fine! Suit yourself! I don't see what's so special about that monster anyway!"

"Shut up Yamcha! He's no monster! In fact, he is a better man than you ever were! That I can tell for sure!" She had yelled back. The tension between those two earthlings had grown drastically. Should he interfere in their matters? Of course he should! He had a training to do and it would practically be impossible for him to stay focus with this commotion hurting his eardrums. Or was it really because of training? Whatever the reason be, he needed them to stop! He was losing focus because of their worthless arguments.

They were still in the middle of a fight when the noisy opening sound of the capsule's door caused both of their head to snap into its direction. Bulma glanced at her watch and realized that it was still too early for lunch. If Vegeta wasn't going for lunch, then why the hell did he even stop his training earlier than usual.

Fret swamped her whole. Could Vegeta be severely injured again? Her eyes skimmed over every inch of his body in a painful slowness as she searched for any injury that might be the cause of his early presence. His own observant eyes hadn't failed to notice the perturbation in her beautiful orbs. Was she worried about him? Of course she was, he should've known better.

"V-Vegeta?" She called onto him softly, quite disturbed. "Is something wrong?"

"You're too lourd earthlings!" He chastised. He would never dare call her a weakling. Not her, not after the various daring confrontation she'd had with him. He had to admit; he was beginning to like her feistiness. It was after all very entertaining.

"Uhh? What do you mean mister?" She frowned, giving him the firm resolute glare.

"What I mean woman; is that your worthless squabble is bothering me! Why don't you find somewhere else to argue with your boyfriend?"

"He isn't my boyfriend!" She yawped each words with easy slowness. He shrugged at her, ignoring her protest.

"Well! Thanks for interrupting my training too Bulma! I'll find somewhere else to train!" Yamcha accused. That was quite an act from his part; an act of cowardice for blaming everything on the woman.

"What do you mean I interrupted your training? I was only trying to be nice!" She protested, deeply offended by what her coward ex had accused her of.

"Good for ya! I'm taking my leave!" Yamcha said and took off, followed by Puar. Sadness had engulfed her. Maybe she'd been too harsh.

"Why do you hang out with such a loser? Find yourself a real man, woman!" For the first time, ever since Vegeta started living with the Briefs, had he dared give her an advice with regard to her best interest.

"Oh yeah? Your highness? I knew you couldn't resist my charm for long!" She blurted out flirtatiously with a wink.

"Huh w-what?" He stammered at her disparagingly, warmth creeping to his cheeks. "Shut up!"

Turning on his heels, he hurried into the capsule, trying to save himself from any embarrassing situation.

       "Oh hey Vegeta! I was thinking, would you like to pause for sometimes and share a cold drink?" She offered regaining her usual sparks.

            "Not now woman! I've got training to do!" He chided, eye closed, armed crossed in an air of superiority over his torse as he strode with confidence.

    "Oh come on! You need to relax sometimes!"

          "Haven't you heard me? I said no!" He growled.

   "Okay fine! Suit yourself!" She yelled at him in surrender and he could swear he'd heard her stomps.

          "Persistant woman!" He muttered to himself once the capsule door was closed. Now he'd be at peace for awhile as he trains.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 557 24
A Dragon Ball Z fanfiction. This story is from after the Cell Games and during the Buu Saga. After the Cell Games, Gohan struggles with his guilt an...
10.4K 503 42
I have been told that He nailed his colors to my mast I tell myself This is life tricking me It is a test. But I cannot find the right thing to do I...
3.6K 148 11
Y'know life sucks when right before your holiday break from work, you get hit by a truck. That's rough, buddy, but not as rough as being reborn as so...
94.3K 1.7K 43
( Completed ) Gohan has just defeated Cell and is grieving over his father's death. He just wants to be in his room alone. Vegeta is also mad abou...