Ellie's Flames BOOK 2

By KOTLCfannumber1

After Ellie and her friends finally beat back Uma's crew when Endora cursed the Island of Auradon, Ellie thou... More

Ellie's Flame
1: Ins and Outs of My Life
2: Catching a Nightmare
3: Everything Can Burn...
4: ...But Not Everything Has To
5: Under the Sea
6: Reginald Crabbins III
NOT A CHAPTER---Elicia's Ice ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
7: Super Helpful, Crab. I Still Have NO FREAKING IDEA WHO IS AFTER ME.
8: Bad Disintegrating Horse Thing!
9: Red
10: Icy Pop
12: High Opinion, High Annoying Voice
13: The Two Towers
14: Embers
15: Rescue (Is A Failure, As Normal)
16: Time To Let Go
17: Hellfire
18: A Return Trip
19: Night at the Museum
20: From Isle to Auradon
21: In Which I Am Told Something Huge
22: Right the Wrongs
23: Everything Has Changed
Thing I forgot and my sister is making me add as an extra chapter
Descendants 3
1: Good To Be Back...For Once
2: The Royal Engagement
3: Sparks Fly
4: Happy Hag Day to Mal
5: Mal's Gotta Do What Mal's Gotta Do
6: Captain Guyliner and Shrimpy Crash Our Party
7: Everyone in Auradon Sleeps In
8: Knights Fall
9: Pinkalicious Room Sears My Eyeballs (And A Friendly Shrimp Didn't Help)
10: Stone Cold
11: My Heart of Stone... Isn't So Stony
12: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Beast!
13: Return of the Icy-Gang!
14: Battle Planning
15: Fairy Cottage
16: Liar, Liar, Rock's No Longer On Fire
17: This Will Hopefully Be The Last Ellsicle/Icy Pop Joke
18: This Victory Stinks
19: Choices Made
20: Farewells
21: Two Grown Men Growl At Each Other
22: Happily Ever After
23: Tear It Down
24: The Ending Of Our Tale?
Epilogue- 10 Years Later

11: Guardians (Not "Of The Galaxy", Sadly)

356 16 38
By KOTLCfannumber1

Even with all the clues I've been given, we have no idea who the villain is. 

Carlos and I have been scouring through my copy of "Villains On the Isle and Their Horrific Backstories" for hours, with nothing to prove for it. Not one villain that starts with "P" could have done this. Every single "Pirate", and even "Prince John" from Robin Hood's story. We even looked at heroes with P names. Peter Pan, Mrs. Potts, Pocahontas, Percy the dog, Powhatan, and basically every "P" you can think of.

We also checked out "Prince" Hans and Hans Jr, since we at least know for a fact that they hate me. But both of them are safe and sound on the Isle. 

"Ugh! This is pointless." I groan, slamming the book shut. "Everything would be so much easier if we just knew who he was!"

"Well, if he has this much power, Ellie, I'm not sure going after Sera is a good idea." Carlos says, taking the book away and putting it back on my shelf. 

"It's never a good idea." I point out. 

"True." he agrees. "But this time it's a worse idea that usual."

"You guys succeeded in getting Ben and I back. Sera was able to rescue me from the ship, and then all of us got out of the prison. Well, the ones that were able to escape freed everyone else. And then we got Sera back from her coma. And---"

"All right, all right!" Carlos laughs. "So it always works out. There's a first time for everything, though."

"How true." I sigh. "Then let's just keep postponing the first time, all right?"

"I'm not sure it works that way."

"I'm makin' it work that way."

"You have been spending way too much time with the daughter of Ares." Dad says from the doorway. "And I told you to stop looking for him."

"And I told you I want Sera back. Looks like neither of us payed any attention to each other." I say. 

"Teenagers." Dad rolls his eyes. 

"When you become a teenager again and can understand my situation, then I'll listen to you." I say, turning back to the book before remembering that Carlos already put it back. I instead focus on Carlos since I already turned my back. He smiles, having noticed my fumble. 

"Carlos, is there any Auradon kids who go to school that would be from some vague story with a P villain?"

"Um... well, there's Hercules..." he glances at my dad. "Not that that's a vague, unimportant story!! I mean, uh, there's Pain and Panic? Maybe they don't like that he had a daughter?"

Dad waves his hand nonchalantly. "Pain and Panic were useless. They wouldn't be able to find Lissa, much less attack her dreams. The only time they were ever useful when they had to fish me out of the Styx."

(Author's note: I needed a river name, and thought Styx was the most useful.)

"Hey, wait---those freaky little blue-and-red guys?" I ask. "Aren't they the ones who made the "If, if is good" meme popular?"

Dad barks out a laugh. "Yes, that's them. Most worthless little guys I ever saw."

"Worthless worms?" Carlos asks, a grin spreading across his face. 

"Still no, That Boy."

"Shutting up."

"Good That Boy."

"Hello? Girl-that-is-looking-for-her-freind still here?" I wave my arms around. 

"Right. Sorry, Liss. As I came in here to say, I think it's all a waste of time. P villain's story was buried for a reason. The, ah, group against him thought it  necessary to help hide who he was so that they could stay alive."

"What would he have to do with them being alive?" I press. 

"This is the last thing I'm going to say---the P villain was able to take away... something... from... smaller people around the world, therefore weakening the... ah, group." Dad scowls. "That was too much. Just stop looking, Liss. I mean it."

"Right, right." I agree. I turn to my bookshelf, rifling through to find the hero book again. "Can you leave so I can search for group heroes now?"

Dad huffs through his nose. "Fine. But only because I know you'll never find them. They're who you'd last expect." Then I hear his footsteps retreat. I also hear Mom's hissed whispers scolding him for revealing so much.

I turn to Carlos, one hand still on the pink spine of the "Royal Lineage" book. "You going to help?"

He shakes his head, his eyes fixed on something far away. I'd come to identify this as his "thinking face". "I'm trying to guess what he meant. Someone we'd least expect... what could he be talking about? Who would we least expect?"

"I don't know, that's kinda the riddle." I scoot away from the shelf next to him. "A group... of people we'd least expect."

"Not helpful in the least." Carlos sighs. 

"That depend on smaller people?" I look at him. "Would that be kids?"

"Maybe the dwarves," Carlos tells me. "Although there are only seven of them, and they're all Snow White's BFF's, so I doubt they'd go after you."

I grind my hands into my forehead. "Why is this so confusing? Nothing was this confusing when I was a kid! It was all, do this do that, sleep then, eat now."

Carlos cracks a smile. "Mine was just be evil, be eviler, be evilest. And occasionally pull pranks."

"That sounds more like Mal or Jay."

"True. Mine was more hate mom make friends be shy and invent things."

"That sounds more like the boy who made the "escape" button the literal escape button." I tease. 

"Hey, it sounded smart at the time!" He protests. 

I laugh. "No, it was. Uma was stumped by it. I don't think I've seen her look so surprised ever. Except maybe when Dude started talking, asking if his vest made him look fat."

Carlos cracks up. "Dude is awesome."

"Speaking of, where is he?"

"Oh, he's visiting another talking animal somewhere." Carlos said. "Some big bunny. It was weird, this hole just appeared out of nowhere, with flowers all around it."

"Sounds like something a bunny would do." I agree. 

"Yeah, but how big? That hole was huge." Carlos says. 

"I mean, if you're a bunny, and your only way of travel was a hole, you'd want it to be big, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, but..." Carlos stops mid-sentence, and his eyes go wide. "Bunny."

"Um... yeaaaah..." I wave a hand in front of his eyes. "You okay?"

"Bunny!" Carlos turns to me. "The Easter Bunny!"

"What are you talking about?" I ask, very concerned for his health.

"Ellie---The Guardians!! Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, the Sandman, and Jack Frost!!" He grins wide. "And the villain is---"

"Me."

We both whirl around, Carlos' face dropping in horror as he realizes what he's done. He thought his name. He called him there. 

We're face-to-face with what is easily the most imposing villain ever. A skeleton-pale man with stuck-out black hair, piercing silver eyes with plenty of guy liner, and a thin mouth. His long black dress/robe thing seems to drape around him like smoke, trailing along. He raises on long, pale hand with a smile. 

"Thank you very much for calling me, boy." Black guy says, his eyes on me. "It is greatly appreciated."

"And... can I know your name now, please?" I ask.

He sneers at us, spreading his arms and seeming to grow in size until his shadow covers the room. "I'm the Bogeyman, of course."

Cricket silence.

"Excuse me, what?" I ask, coughing to hold back a laugh.

Carlos puts a hand on his forehead, like why Ellie why. "His name is Pitch."

Pitch glares. His size doesn't seem so foreboding now. "Way to steal my thunder, boy."

"Anytime, Booger dude."

Pitch snarls. "Enough! No making fun of my name! It is a name that inspires fear in all who hear it!"

"Very." I say seriously. "I'm terrified right now. Totally spooked."

He glares hard at me, and I involuntarily shudder. He smiles just a bit. "Good. A little fear. Now, if you'll come with me, girl..."

"Like heck." Carlos says, stepping forward. Sweet boy, trying to protect me, when he should know I'm more qualified to kick a villain's butt.

Pitch hesitates, then nods. "Very well. I'm flexible."

Then he lunges for both of us. I yelp and throw my hands up, creating a burst of ice that melds with his shadows in a spire of white shadows.

"Whoa." I breathe, blinking in surprise.

Pitch huffs through his nose angrily. "Just like your father---see what we could have created?"

"Um, wait, what?" I ask.

Carlos' eyes widen. "Oh, wait, you think he's her da---"

Pitch doesn't listen, sending bursts of black sand at both of us. Carlos' words are choked off, my vision blackened, until I can't tell what is up or down or left or right. I feel someone's cold hands latched around my wrist, but when I open my mouth to try and breathe, to get oxygen, to pull my mother's ice out and blow him away, the sand gushes into my throat. Pulling all the ice, all the cold out of me. Just like the gloves, I no longer feel any attachment to my mom's snow.

In complete desperation, I dig my free hand's nails into Pitch's skin. He roars in anger, and his shadowed sand rushes out of me again, leaving me on a stone floor, shaking uncontrollably. Gut-wrenching coughs knock air back into me, but I still feel the absence of winter.

When I can finally breathe, I weakly lift my head off the ground. My vision focuses first on Pitch, who's screaming something at me that I can't hear. Around me is a small stone cell with messy, hand-made looking bars on one side. They open to a hallway covered in paintings that are chipping away. Directly across from my cell is another makeshift one, this time with bars that look slightly newer. The person there seems to be unconscious.

Pitch continues to scream at me, then laughs maniacally. When he seems to realize I can't hear him, he waves his hand angrily and disappears with a flash of darkness.

And that's when my gaze catches on the person in the other cell. After Pitch leaves, they stretch up instantly and yawn. Their gaze snags on me, and they scream something I assume is "ICY WHAT'YA DOIN' HERE?" and starts visibly raging at me.

I sigh and wait for the ringing in my ears to dissipate just in time to hear her scream her last sentence before her tantrum is over. "---ICY YOU AWESOME FRIEND, YER AN IDIOT!" Then she huffs, and sits down.

"Much better." I say. "Hi, Sera."

___________________________________________

Yaaaaaaa! he's finally the real live actual villain! You have no idea how many times I watched fight scenes of "Rise of the Guardians" in order to prepare myself for the coming chapters. 

For all those who pre-guessed Pitch, good job! I thought I was the only kid who watched ROTG, because NO ONE I know ever knows what I'm talking about when I geek over it.

Hope everyone enjoyed!! This is a super long chapter compared to my most recent ones... so ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936 18 14
8 years after the Isle of the Lost was established, King Adam sent a family in which only the eldest child survived. That child was adopted by Hades...
7.2K 173 19
What if Ben brought eight VK's and someone who was trapped on the Isle. Join Eira Juniper Frost, the daughter of Jack Frost and Queen Elsa, as she an...
32.4K 558 17
" i was doing everything all wrong. " " no. you're just an idiot. " in which, when max is busy being queen. she was too busy to notice carlos acciden...