Like Strangers In The Night

By URIEmotional

17 year old Holland lives a very though life, she was forced to grow up sooner and take care of her mother. S... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
A/N
We meet again.
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6

chapter 10

2.5K 35 5
By URIEmotional

Well, yeah. I mean she doesn't know I like her that way. I feel like it's time to tell her though."

"What will you say to her? I can go check on dad if you like so you can call her or something"

"Oh really, that would be great" he smiled.

"Yeah sure" I say getting up and slamming the door closed. I go inside and rush over to my dad whose drinking beer while looking at his phone.

I sit on the chair in front of him.

"He likes someone" I cry.

"What?" he says looking up with beer still in his mouth.

"What are you talking about?" he says as he swallows the beer.

"He told me that he likes someone dad, he hates me. I'm officially friend-zoned."

"Well fuck" he laughs.

"This is not something to laugh at dad, this is serious"

"Oh for god's sake child stop crying, I didn't raise you like this. How do you know he doesn't like you?"

"W-well, he would have told me right?"

"He did, well at least he's trying."

"Do you think so?"

"UGGH" he groans.

"Take this food, go in there and for once do something to make me proud of"

"If you're right I will do chores for a whole year"

"I won't let you do that because I know I'm right. I see the way he looks at you. I'm a guy remember"

"Oh, what will I do without you papa" I say as I go over to him and squeeze him into a hug.

"Nothing, not even get a kiss a guy I see. Now go while I enjoy 3 more beers and sleep in peace. Condoms are in the-"

"LALALALALALA" I say and walk out with the food.

I kick on the door and he rushes to come open it.

"Let me help you" he put his hands out.

"No I got it, move it's hot!" I rush in and walk over to the table.

"Ohhh, just like you my love" he says closing the door and walking over to me.

I roll my eyes.

"Did you text her?" I ask looking him straight in the eye.

"No, I'm not ready. I also don't know what to say."

"You must really like her then" I say having a bite of the nugget.

He gasps. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You always know what to say" I laugh.

"Well, this is a serious kind of situation okay. I get nervous."

"Oh come on. What's the worst that could happen?" I shrug.

"A lot of bad things can happen by me just saying, hey I like you. Plus I think I want to make it special you know"

"That's forcing her to say yes" I laugh.

"Right coz a girl would say yes just because of the presents, how stupid of me" he slaps himself in the head.

"Yeah, she will be like awh he bought me a rose I should say yes and then when I feel like it I will just dump his ass...... Dam what if she kicks you in the balls men?"

"Gee thanks for the courage."

We didn't know what else to say so everything went silent and it became awkward.

"Let's eat then we'll watch the movie" he said and I nodded in agreement.

We sat down on the couch eating chips and scrolling on our phones.

"Oh god, look. Do you remember that day?"

*FLASHBACK*

"Aaaand were here. Come on kids out of the car lets go." Dad shouted.

"Don't yell!" I say as I get up from a small nap on River's shoulder.

"RIVER" I shake him.

"5 minutes" he says and rolls over to his side.

"Do I look like your mother? Wake up we're here"

He turned around and opened his eyes.

"I thought you were waking me up for school mum" he says and gives me a side hug.

"Fuck off, I'm not your mum"

"His mum is prettier" dad said.

"Come on let's go!" dad said clapping his hands.

River and I get out of the car.

"PHOTO!" River says pulling out his phone.

15 minutes later.

"Buon Appetito kids"

"Thanks, you too dad"

"Oh yeah, you too. Let me take a photo of you two."

*End of Flashback*

I think about it. Should I talk to him about it? Should I change the subject and forget about ever having a chance of being with him? Think about it Holland. Think!

"You okay?" he asks.

I look up at him and bite my lip.

Now is the time! If you don't do it now, you may never have a chance. You Holland, you have the balls!

"Holland?" he starts walking closer.

OH GOD! My legs are weak.

"Hey, you okay? You can tell me you know we're friends right" he put his hands on my shoulders.

I know, but I want to be more than that.

My phone rings I look at it on the table and it says 'DADA'. Isn't he the same person who told me to get in here and have a whole make-out session with River? Why would he want to ruin it? Or was it just a reminder that I should go for it? Then he hangs up.

River moves his eyes from the phone to me and grabs my writs.

"I really want this..." he pauses.

"Tell me you caught at least one of my signs" he closed his eyes and put his head back giving a bit of a squeeze to my wrists.

"What? What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Holland, you..." he takes a deep breath.

"What?!" I laugh.

He look straight into my eyes, I felt like he could see my soul.

How could you not see that?"

"River, I can't, I mean I don't know what you mean, I-"

He took a step closer so there was no space left between us.

He put a string of my hair behind my ear and his forehead onto mine.

"We should-" he cut me off by pressing his lips on mine.

"You're my weakness, I didn't know I could fall so much for one person. I'm always thinking about you and when I'm with you it takes all my strength not to kiss you."

"So, that means that-"

"Look Holland I really do like you but we can't."

"What? What do you mean we can't?"

"Holland, I-I'm leaving."

"Where are you going? For how long? W-what? y-you just kissed me and now you break my heat by telling me that I don't mean anything to you."

"I'm leaving town...forever"

I grab his wrists from my face, throw them and take two steps back.

"Holland, please I can explain. M-my parents t-they talked to the principal of the school and I will go there but I have to go now so that way I will show them that I'm good and go to a great school."

"So, you tell me this now? After you kissed me?"

"I wanted you to know. I would have waited but I know I would have gone too far and to say all this then it will hurt more. Not just you but even me. But I really wanted to do it. I wanted to show you that I liked you and you're special and that people do love you. I- love you."

"Get out"

"What? Holland-"

"GET! OUT!"

"Baby" he walked closer.

"Don't you dare touch me. Get the fuck out" I yell.

The door opened. He walked in and looked mad. What is he doing here?

"You heard her buddy, out" he says.

River turned back and looked at him then at me. I sighed and grabbed his things.

As he was walking out he stopped at the door.

"I really wish I'd told you before, I didn't want to end it like this." He gave me a little smile and walked away.

"You okay?" he asked walking closer.

I was hurt, I really regret yelling at him. I should have controlled it, I ruined everything, it's what I always do. He was my only friend and I fucked it up.

"Come here" he walked closer to me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Shhh. Dad called you to come to the kitchen but you didn't respond he told me I can come here. Let's rest now, we can talk about it tomorrow okay?"

"But." I shut myself up.

He picked me up and put me down slowly on the couch.

He pulled me closer, I put my head on his chest and drifted off.

Who do you think he is?

{thank you for reading}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 26.8K 45
"SHE BELONGS TO ME!! SHE BELONGS TO THE DANIEL KNIGHT!!" °°°°°°° "He is handsome as hell but something about him screams danger." ••••••••••• "I don'...
587K 12K 35
Completed............Bella a 17 year old girl and a little, meets her family's long standing rival. But what happens we he turns out to be her mate a...
137K 5.8K 32
I don't wanna be the left out pregnant sob story! I'm twenty three years old and can make up my own mind - Ella It's just that he's not just my boyf...
90.1K 1.3K 21
You asked, I listened. Here's the original story of Separation. Merry Chrysler everyone. *****MATURE CONTENT. 18+ ONLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***** "I...