When Different Worlds Unite

By youknowigotsauce

A new era begins with a new mafia king. Alyssa feels the strain of a relationship that was now holding on by... More

Chapter 1 - Part Three
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 - Part Four
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 4

5.2K 231 110
By youknowigotsauce

I couldn't go back to bed that day but I decided on many things that morning. For one, I was going to start taking responsibility for my actions and try to act less childish. In order to start the latter I had to face the task at hand which was informing both my parents that I was pregnant.

I didn't want to do it in Brooklyn where my mother could get the chance to beat my ass, so I thought about hosting a dinner here at the house.

And yes she would beat my grown ass.

I went up to Elijah's office, heartbeat in my throat and palms sweaty. I knocked twice before I was told to come in. When I opened the door I saw a slender brunette in work attire packing her bag. She nodded at me before leaving the room quickly.

A white girl with brunette hair is Elijah's weakness.

I averted my eyes to Elijah who was stashing away dossiers in his drawers. He finally looked up at me with eyes of wonder behind his reading glasses.

"Who was she?" I asked my tone seemingly uncaring as I played with the stack of fountain pens on his desk.

"She's my assistant accountant, not that it's any of your business." He slid off his glasses and rested them on the table before squeezing his eyes as he let out a yawn.

"Have you ever slept with her before? Not that its any of my business," I smiled tightly.

He laughed, more like a single huff, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't and what about it?" He taunted.

"Who's acting childish now," I retorted.

"I'm just playing your game Alyssa. Besides... did she look like my type to you?" He paused while I gave him the really look. "I didn't fuck her lyssa, she's Franco's girl."

"Whatever, I didn't come in here to play mind games with you, I came to ask if I could host a dinner here tomorrow and invite my parents to tell them about the baby."

He groaned, "No, no way you know I don't like people in my house, they get nosy and start touching things."

"It's nothing too big just my close friends, your brothers and my parents. It'll be intimate I promise. I just want it to look normal so they don't suspect anything."

He thought, his jaw ticking like the clock behind him in consideration.

"Alright fine but if it's more than twenty people then everyone is getting the fuck up outta here."

"Great and I'm doing it my way, which includes me helping with the cooking."

He shook his head, "No, I don't want you on your feet. You should be relaxing that's why I hired the staff."

"Elijah please just that one night. I just want my parents to eat a normal meal and feel at home. This house will already let them feel belittled by your money."

"Alright, fine. But if we're going to have a child together they better get used to the fact that I'm rich."

"I suppose."

He looks at me hesitantly deciding whether or not to, not tell me or tell me something. He chooses the latter.

"I got your father a car, so if you see him pull up in it don't question him."

I raised a brow, "Is that so? I can't believe he accepted it."

"He was very stubborn at first, reminds me very much of you but he accepted in the end. You didn't accept the car I offered when we were together."

"I didn't want to take material things from you because I don't want people thinking I'm a gold digger."

"That's your downfall right there Alyssa, you're always in your head, thinking too hard not even realizing the good things in front of you."

I swallowed the knot in my throat before looking into his eyes. "I guess you're right."

I stood up from the chair and left his office.

I went to my room and phoned both my parents separately asking them to drive to Manhattan seeing that it was the weekend and they both didn't work on the weekends.

I called Jada and Amanda also and invited them. I wanted this get together to seem as normal as possible.

~~~

Next Day

I was up the next day in the afternoon making dishes with the help of Cristiano. Elijah said that even though I wanted to do everything I still needed help. I tried not to eat out too much of what I was making but I just couldn't stop I was always hungry.

"Alyssa!" Elijah yelled and I walked to the living room to meet him.

"I'm here."

I watched as he scanned my legs when I came into his view before he quickly brought his eyes up to look at me.

"T-the distributors are waiting on you to sign for the wine."

"Tell them I'll be there soon I need to change."

"Damn straight," he muttered but I hear him.

I pull my silk bed shorts down a little further and his eyes follow my action.

"Or better yet you sign for it, it's your money being spent after all."

"I told you I wasn't getting involved in this."

"You're just signing for something Elijah, I assure you it's not too much work."

He sighed before trudging off to sign for them.

~~~

Later on, Santino and Dante arrived separately and Franco showed up with none other than the woman from Elijah's office on his arm.

Elijah was telling the truth after all. I really have severe trust issues.

Franco introduced me to her who's name I now know is Teresa. He tells me about how hard he had to work to get her to be his girlfriend while she stood by his side smiling.

Amanda and Jada arrived together and chipped in to help me in the kitchen.

Amanda begged me for forgiveness but I assured her that what she did, was the right thing for her to do.

"Cristiano please watch the pots I'm going to get dressed," I shouted and he nodded.

I'm taking off my blouse while at the top of the staircase and I bump into someone. When the person grips my waist to balance me from falling I know it's Elijah.

"Sorry," I mumbled before I proceeded running up the stairs.

I looked over my shoulder at him to see him still standing there looking at me.

I smiled to myself. He's still attracted to me.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in my underwear. I do my hair before slipping on the royal blue sundress that I picked out. I match it with silver slippers before going downstairs.

Dante whistled and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you trying to make my brother go insane, he's trying real hard to stay away from you."

He tried to snatch an appetizer and I slapped his hand away.

"I'm not trying to do anything to your brother."

"The amount of cleavage you're showing is bound to make his dick hard." I laughed and he smiled at me.

The laughter dies down and his face contorts into one of unease.

"You hurt him really bad lyssy even though he won't say it. He's on drugs again."

I blinked, "He's what?"

Dante exhales, "I think he's snorting coke or maybe just popping pills."

"How are you so nonchalant about this?" I ask.

"Because... it's normal to me but that's not Elijah's style and he needs to stop."

I raised my brow, "Why are you telling me?"

"Because you're the only one who can stop him."

I snorted, "Please... if you haven't heard he hates me. He hates that I left him."

"He hates that you almost shattered him, if it wasn't for the drugs he'd probably be home crying everyday," Dante admitted.

"And when did you get so insightful?" I challenged him.

"Since I decided to grow up, maybe you should try it too lyssy." He tapped my cheek before winking and walking off.

"Cristiano I need you to serve the dishes slowly so I can buy more time with my parents."

He nodded and before I could stir the pot again Giuseppe is coming to tell me that my father has arrived. I took a deep breath before plastering the most genuine smile I could muster onto my face.

"Hey dad." I threw my arms around him and he grunted from how tight I'm holding him. I dissolved the warmth and solace he's providing me with.

"How's my baby girl?" He asked.

"I'm fine. How was the drive here?"

"Umm it was good the only hassle I had was to get through the security on your property," he smiled.

"No not my property, Elijah's."

"Speaking of him, where is he? I need to thank him face to face for the car."

Before I could reply Elijah was walking towards us with two glasses of bourbon in his hand.

"Mr. Rowe, nice to see you again, care for a drink?"

"What's this?" Dad asked.

"Bourbon," Elijah and I said at the same time and he looks over at me smiling lightly as he sipped his own drink.

"Dad I'm going to sort out dinner I'll be back."

"I'll see you at dinner then baby girl," he said and I smiled before leaving him.

"You think your mom's coming?" Jada asked.

I look at her like really.

"Oh she's coming alright, but she's gonna be late because she doesn't really wanna be here. She hates Elijah."

Jada laughed, "For what?"

"Girl you know it's cause he's white, my mama low key hates white men, who knows maybe a white man broke her heart. You should've heard how she cussed me out on Christmas talking bout how, what you're doing with this white man who ain't know nothing about our culture. Elijah heard and called her out, they were in a big argument and now she hates him even more cause he ain't got no respect."

"Hehehe, he should've just shut up, now she's probably out to get him," she laughed.

"I know right."

I helped Cristiano to bring out the food on the table. Everyone was here except my mama but it looks like I spoke too soon when I see her walk in dressed in white pumps, a blue dress and her curls now colored copper sunset.

I quickly called Giuseppe into the kitchen.

"Giuseppe could you please get everyone seated for dinner."

"Yes ma'am," he said about to walk off.

"And what'd I tell you about that yes ma'am? Stop calling me that because you're older than me and I really don't feel comfortable with you calling me ma'am when I should be expressing that sort of courtesy to you."

"Alright Ms. Alyssa," he said.

"Nope, none of that either just Alyssa." He shook his head before walking away to gather everyone.

I finally sat down with everyone else and my mother has a seat in-front me.

She took a sip of her wine, "What is this about? I know you didn't call me out of my bed to come have dinner and wine like I can't do this at my own house."

"I'm making an announcement at the end of dinner."

She rolled her eyes and mumbled something under her breath before sipping her wine again.

Elijah prayed, a little better than the last time, before we all dig in.

"This food is just wonderful," Teresa said.

"Thank you," I replied.

I knew how awkward this dinner would be if my friends and Elijah's brothers weren't here because just look at how they had to be the one's keeping the conversation alive.

By the time we started eating dinner my mother put down her fork on the plate rather loudly.

"Okay I've had enough, what is it you want to tell me child because I don't think I can stomach another course and we're really just delaying what's inevitable so spill it."

"Alright fine, I just want to say I'm sorry that this happened but I wouldn't change anything for the world." Everyone at the table was really silent as they waited for me to tell my parents. I took a sip of my apple juice.

"Wait a minute, why are you not drinking? Oh... now I know what this is about, you're pregnant," she gasps.

I bow my head.

"Oh I'm going to slap your little boyfriend," she gets up to beat Elijah but my father grabs her and pulls her out of the dining room.

"Yuh just wait till a catch him," she mumbled but I heard.

I'm so God damn embarrassed but I'm even more scared that she might beat my ass.

I got up from the table and entered the living room where they are.

"I can't believe you Alyssa, what were you thinking getting pregnant for that mobster? He has no intentions of being with you forever and you're out here having sex without condoms like I didn't teach you better!" She yelled. "We should've been in Brooklyn, then I could tell you some bloodclaat," she whispered.

"I-I'm sorry I disappointed you guys but I'm not sorry that I'm going to have this baby because my baby will never be a mistake, everything happens for a reason."

"Shut up I don't want to hear you. Have you thought about things like your education?Cause you see, I don't think you understand why I'm upset. I'm sending you to school while you're out here getting pregnant for a man I don't even fucking like. Not to mention you dare let something like this happen to you in your final year."

"I'm still finishing my degree but I'm doing it online, I promise that I can do this," I answered.

"Well that's not so bad, but why Alyssa? You're just twenty-one."

"I'm sorry. Pops please say something," I sobbed. He's looking at me but it feels like he's looking through me he doesn't trust me anymore.

"Can we please talk about this in a civilized manner," Elijah said as he entered.

My father's mouth turns into a snarl and he tried to approach Elijah to collar him but I stood in the way begging him not to touch him.

"Don't protect your little boyfriend he caused this," mother yelled.

"He's not my boyfriend anymore," I whispered.

"Seet, same damn thing. That must be why you ran away, he left when he found out didn't he?" She asked.

"He didn't break up with me I broke up with him because I didn't want my baby to be involved in this life."

She hissed her teeth, "Well yuh betta stay with him because as of today, I wash my hands clean of you," she said doing the hand washing gesture.

I sobbed harder as my father looked at me and shook his head.

"HEY! CAN WE PLEASE STOP. I don't want anyone stressing her out. If she loses this baby, you don't want to know what I'll do," Elijah seethed.

Everyone was quiet but also startled by Elijah's aggressive nature.

"Good. Now that you're all quiet, I need you two to leave. We'll talk about this tomorrow but right now I'm having my driver take you to a nearby hotel the fees are on me. Giuseppe usher them out please."

As soon as they are ushered out of the house Elijah looked at me. "I need everyone else to get the fuck out of my house right now!" He yelled and everyone scrambled from the dining room and through the front door. Amanda squeezed my arm gently mouthing that we'll talk tomorrow.

Even the staff had gone out of the house and gone over to their quarters on the property.

When everyone has finally left, Elijah throws his whiskey glass at the wall and it shatters.

I'm trying to lower the sound of my crying so it doesn't bother him.

"Go lay down I'll be up there soon," he said and I nodded before wiping my tears and going up to my bedroom.

I laid down and just stared out in space, I'm sick of crying.

"I made you a hot bath," he said at the doorway of my room.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, I'm going to bed sleep good," he said.

"I will."

He nodded and smiled lightly and I smiled back at him before he left the room.

___________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.9K 24
Fate works in mysterious ways. Sometimes the stranger you saved turns out to be the love of your life. Read for more 18+ Mature (smut)(abuse)(traum...
299 9 21
When a normal girl is in the wrong place at the wrong time, her life will change forever. When a dangerous man starts to spiral out of control he ha...
360K 14.2K 42
Can love survive in even the cruelest of worlds? MATURE CONTENT: Contains sex, weapons and bad language. Sequel When Different Worlds Unite Top Ten R...