When Different Worlds Unite

Oleh youknowigotsauce

A new era begins with a new mafia king. Alyssa feels the strain of a relationship that was now holding on by... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - Part Three
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 - Part Four
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 3

5.5K 228 143
Oleh youknowigotsauce

I felt the rush of the city as we drove and my thoughts consumed me. Elijah called my mother right away to tell her that I was back and safe. It looks to me that he was walking around asking everybody where I was at.

He didn't look at me once as we drove and the tension between us was suffocating.

We halted outside his parents' house and I cringed from the memories of when I was last here. This was the last place we were together before I left and destroyed everything. He poured his heart out to me in this backyard and I just left after I created the illusion that I didn't love him and was fed up with our relationship.

Now I lost him and the only reason he found me is because I'm carrying his child. I know how he is, he doesn't want this anymore because I bring too much trouble for him.

We rung the doorbell of the house twice before the beautiful Isabella opened the door for us. Her eyes sparked with surprise as she saw me standing next to Elijah.

"You guys are just in time for dinner come in."

She steps aside from the doorway and we both enter the house. Elijah walks ahead of me probably in search of his brothers while Isabella led me to the kitchen for something to drink.

I gulped down the chocolate milk quickly before putting the glass on the counter.

"Are you doing okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine Isabella, I just don't want to be in New York."

"Hm I see... I can't believe you just went away with the baby, you could've been in so much danger."

"Well I was thinking about what Elijah would say about our little situation. Elijah and I had this talk about children, you want to know what your son told me? He told me that if he ever got somebody pregnant they would have to get an abortion because he didn't want that for himself."

"Well I apologize for what he said, I didn't raise him to think like that. In fact I raised him to take responsibility for his actions," she said.

I huffed and she patted my shoulder comfortingly.

"Could you set the table for me please, I'm about to bring out dinner." she said before she directed me towards the dining room.

There was an arch that parted off the dining room and the living room so I could see directly in there. This was where the Rossini brothers gathered playing cards. Elijah's face was nonchalant as if he already knew he had the game in the bag.

Franco spotted me through his side eye before he turned around fully to see me. He scanned me from head to belly as his eyes seemed to zoom in on that area the most. I was three months so I knew my stomach wasn't protruding, he was looking only because he knew.

In this short time he managed to make everyone else lose focus on the game and turn their attention to me.

"Look at that little bump, you really are pregnant," he says.

"Really? I didn't notice." I rolled my eyes before moving to set the table.

I felt someone's presence behind me, and even though I knew it was him, I couldn't stop myself from glancing back at him over my shoulder.

"How about you sit down and let me do that," Elijah said walking further into the dining room.

"It's fine I can do it."

I jumped as his callous digits took my elbow gently and made me step back. He pulled out a chair for me and I sat down.

I watched in silence as he continued setting the table. His mother came out with the dishes on a tray setting them in the middle of the table. She eyes us suspiciously before she goes and comes back with the rest of dishes.

"Elijah go call your sister," Isabella commanded and he left right away.

That must mean that Elena was still here and is probably going to school here now. It was September, so she most likely started her second year.

In five minutes time we were all gathered around the dining table taking portions from each dish after the awkward prayer by Elijah. He was the head of the family now and he had to take over things that Vincent used to do.

"Sorry I'm late," Alessio said sitting at the table to join us.

Alessio was their uncle and Vincent's brother and consigliere, he was the one currently holding the family business down before Elijah had to take over.

He glanced at me as he plated some of the mushroom risotto.

"I don't think we've met before," he said smiling lightly. "I'm Alessio, I'm their uncle."

He outstretched his hand and I took it shaking it. "I'm Alyssa-Marie..." I paused wondering what I should say I was to this family. "A family friend," I continued.

Dante's eyebrows shot up to his hairline and Elena wore a face that said interesting.

I focused on eating my dinner as I felt the spearing feeling of Elijah watching me from the head of the table.

~~~

After dinner Elijah announced that we were leaving.

He drove the speed limit for the second time in his life, the first time was the drive coming here.

I noticed that his security were more as we passed a lot of them to get on the property.

He opened the door to his new house that he got and for the first time since I've been back he faced me directly.

"I want to introduce you to the staff," he said pointing in front of us where I saw two men and two women stood by the stairs.

"They are some family from Italy and they can be trusted," he said as he noticed the wary look that plastered my face.

"These are the maids Angela and Bettina- who will help you out when you give birth and this is our butler Guissepe and our chef Cristiano. Everyone this is my baby mother, Alyssa, she's now the most important person you should cater for and keep satisfied at all times, are we clear?" He asked.

They all nodded and scurried off to do their tasks.

I smiled tightly rubbing my arms awkwardly as he faced me again.

"Let me show you to the room that you'll be staying in," he said as we treaded up the stairs.

He led me inside the room beside his which I'm sure is decent in its layout but probably still not as extensive and wonderfully decorated as Elijah's master bedroom. He was treating me so cold like the only reason he was doing this was because I was carrying a precious Rossini heir/heiress.

He watched me as I continued to observe my surroundings.

"Goodnight Alyssa." He looked at me one final time and then he was gone before I too could wish him a goodnight.

I fucked up so badly. Now I could clearly see that he was done fighting for me, for us, he was finally done.

I retired to bed hoping the days would get better.

~~~

I woke up extra early after having a craving for something sweet so I took out the box of donuts from the pantry and warmed a glass of milk.

I moan as I sat down on the stools around the counter eating a chocolate covered donut with sprinkles. I heard the balcony's door opening so I spun to see who was coming in. I saw Elijah with his messy golden locks falling loosely in his face. He pushed it back as he met eyes with me.

"Hey," I said smiling lightly attempting to lighten the mood.

"Hey... what are you doing up?"

I raised the donut in my hand to show him, "I was craving something sweet. What about you?"

He sighed, "I couldn't sleep, my mind just won't shut off."

"Hmm... I know how restless you get when that happens."

"Yeah..." he trailed off. "I'm gonna- you know- um I'm going back to bed."

"You sure? A glass of warm milk could make you sleep."

He hesitated a bit before sitting down next to me. I warm a glass of milk for him in the microwave and hand it to him as I watch him eat one of my donuts.

"Thanks," he mumbled. I smiled lightly to let him know it was no big deal.

I picked up another donut and started munching on it as I felt him watching me.

"I was thinking... that maybe we could turn one
of the rooms on this floor into a nursery. We can paint it in whatever when we find out the baby's gender," he suggested.

I sighed frustratedly before nodding.

"What is it?"

I waited until I finished eating what was in my mouth before I answered, "It's just- everything we talk about is about the baby. What about us? What about our relationship?"

"What relationship?" He asked chuckling. "We had something? Because if we did, then how come you got up outta here so fast?"

"I already told you-"

"And I already told you that that was a shit excuse Alyssa, grow up," he interrupted.

"Stop it, stop fucking telling me to grow up. I'm sorry, I know now that what I did was wrong but that's no reason for you to treat me like this Elijah," I reasoned.

"No reason! First you lied to me in Cancun when I kept asking what was wrong with you then you left me when I gave you an ultimatum. You keep mind fucking me Alyssa and I'm done, I'm tired of being on this fucking rollercoaster with you. This time, I'm jumping off the fucking ride baby, if it's not about the baby then I don't want to hear it."

I cried as I watched him get up to leave.

He turned to face me halfway up the stairs, "You remember how hard I had to work to get you and beg you to take me back when you found out about me? Well now it's your time to prove to me that you're worth it."

One of the best things that has ever happened to me doesn't want me anymore and this feeling of realization is tugging my heart strings.

_________________________________________

A/N: So here's the chapter hope you enjoyed it.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

322K 6.5K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
57.5K 1.7K 25
In which she learns to love a dominant Italian man. 🚨🚨🚨🚨 ADULT BOOK 18+ ONLY
176K 2.9K 32
When a badass girl falls for her fathers best friend which is THE MAFIA KING that has returned after a long period of time. Will he feel the same wa...