Elements: Masters of Sorrow (...

By Mklng13

Trouble will find you where you least expect it. Both Belle and Ben are caught off-guard with it themselves... More

Nemesis (Chapter 1)
A Motorcycle (Chapter 2)
Flip, Flip (Chapter 3)
It's Buisness Sweetie (Chapter 4)
Hey, While We're At It, Why Don't You Just Shut Up? (Chapter 5)
There's No Need For A Deal (Chapter 6)
Into Space We Go (Chapter 7)
No Clues (Chapter 8)
I'm Scared. I'm Here. (Chapter 9)
WHAT do you MEAN they're KIDNAPPED?! (Chapter 10)
More Dimly Lit Rooms (Chapter 11)
Night Disturbed (Chapter 12)
Punishment (Chapter 13)
I've Got Multiple Personalities (Chapter 14)
More Of Them (Chapter 15)
Rainy Day (Chapter 16)
Cough Cough (Chapter 17)
One Day Closer (Chapter 18)
I'd Flex, But I Like This Shirt (Chapter 19)
Scarring Death (Chapter 20)
Gala Of Business (Chapter 21)
Dreams Disturbed (Chapter 22)
So Much Sobbing (Chapter 23)
Just A Normal Day (Chapter 24)
You're So Short! (Chapter 25)
You're Closer To The Truth (Chapter 26)
Brianiz And Khutrix (Chapter 27)
Now Isn't The Time For This Mystery (Chapter 29)
I Love It When Something Ruins My Hangout With My Best Buds (Chapter 30)
Full Of Worries (Chapter 31)
She Took Him! (Chapter 32)
My GRANDSON Is Kidnapped, Of Course I'm Freaking Out! (Chapter 33)
That's Right, No One (Chapter 34)
Lemme Tell Ya, That's Freaky (Chapter 35)
There's No Need For This To Be Sad (Chapter 36)

Wandless Fairy (Chapter 28)

3 0 0
By Mklng13

"What do you mean you just let her fly out of here?!" Astrid yells. "I'm going after her!"

"Astrid we don't even know where she's going!" Zora argues. "Wait! Ms. Lorenex would know! We've got to go to her right now!"

"I'll go to her right now, you guys get ready," Destin turns around on his heel to run.

"Bri..." Ciana sniffs. "I wish she didn't go alone..."

"She won't be alone once we get our asses over there," Aaron cracks his knuckles. "C'mon, we've gotta get ready right now."

"I've got sleep darts, paralyzing darts, and some killing darts if it comes down to that," Connor has his stuff ready.

"We're not going to kill anyone," Zar says. "But is it really a wise decision to have all of us go?"

"Brianiz is our friend," Zora counters. "We may be leaders but we also have to watch out for our friends."

"Not to mention the country would do just fine without us," Astrid crosses her arms. "We're going to need armor, Khutrix is known for pulling out hearts."

Astrid zooms past them, then zooms back with their armor. She passes them out, holding onto Destin's for when he's back.

"Guys! Brianiz went to the Palace of Owners!" Destin comes running back. "Oh we're pulling out those."

Astrid hands him his outfit. Destin puts it on, the outfit acts as an armor but is also flexible for fighting.

"We have to. Let's do this guys," Ciana's claws come out.

"Let's go save our friend," Zar nods.

--

"Wait wait," Belle holds up her index finger. "You're saying the entire Magic Council is out right now to take down Khutrix?"

"Personally, I don't think they're going to make it time," Ben worries. "Elder Brianiz already left plicks ago. Khutrix either killed her...or is already doing her twisted things to her..." He starts shaking at the thought.

"Ben's right, they won't make it in time..." Belle agrees. She holds Ben's hand and notices Jasal doing the same.

"What else can we do though?" Xami ponders, keeping herself close to her friends.

"Can we call the Royals..?" Jasal wonders. "Of course, the Prince of Magic isn't here...neither is the Queen of Magic. The King is...gone. The Princess and Duke of Magic are both in jail. That just leaves the Lady of Magic."

"But what would that even do?" Xami turns to the communication computer. "What are we even supposed to do?"

"We're not supposed to be here for starters...but maybe if we can talk to any of the members..." Belle opens up the communication line.

"Maybe we can at least give them pointers? Khutrix is overly-confident so get someone who's naturally stronger than her..." Ben tries to come up with ideas.

"I don't think they want us to do anything. They didn't tell anyone for a reason," Jasal points out. "But we can't sit around either. This is literally a suicide mission that Elder Brianiz went on."

"Oh she'll be wishing for death," Belle says with a straight face. "Khutrix is a sick, twisted mage. She mentioned Elder Brianiz multiple times when we were there..." She grips her shirt.

"What happened between them?" Ben questions. "Well, it's kinda obvious I guess. Khutrix must've captured her and forced her to do whatever she wanted."

"But why go there again?" Xami joins in with helping Belle. "She must have PTSD from that for crying out loud! She's actually mad!"

"That's not the concern right now, what we need is someone who can help," Jasal shifts their focus. "What about the ghoul leader? He must know how to help right?"

"Ughh," Ben groans. "I don't know...but Khutrix isn't going to let them get out alive, that's for sure."

"And we can't have more deaths," Belle watches the different names scrolling through.

"Here," Jasal clicks the name of the members and finishes the last step. "This should do it..."

"Hello? Does anyone copy?" Xami speaks first.

"Xami? What's wrong?" Zora's voice is heard first.

"What in the world are you guys doing?!" Xami questions. "You all just left!"

"We have to save Brianiz. Plus we know where they are so it's not going to be hard," Zora answers.

"She'll kill you all though!" Belle protests. "And then what'll happen? The country will be leader-less!"

"Don't worry so much you guys," Zora speaks again. "It'll be okay. We're sorry we couldn't come to save you and Ben. We all feel bad."

"It's okay, but please, don't fight Khutrix, she'll kill all of you!" Ben cries out. "She's too strong!"

"Not with the entire Magic Council coming at her," Zora's voice indicates that she's confident.

"You guys could've at least gotten a power up from me," Jasal huffs. "Not to mention it wouldn't hurt to get pointers from Belle and Ben."

"We're all really sorry," Zora apologizes. "But Khutrix has done too many bad things. And Brianiz is right. If we don't stop her now...she'll kill Belle and Ben. And Xami and Jasal if things get worse."

That shuts them all up. Because it's no longer just about them going to save their friend. It's also to save them.

"Thank you," Ben says. "Thank you for risking your lives for us...but please-"

"Don't die," Belle finishes. "Khutrix always goes for the heart no matter what. Her magic revolves around that. She's cunning and manipulates her rivals."

"We're gonna be on the coms to help out," Xami adds. "So don't turn them off okay?"

"And if you guys need backup...we'll either come there ourselves or call someone to help you guys out," Jasal's hands forms fists.

"Thank you Masters," Zora speaks again. "We all really appreciate this. Just don't come here yourselves okay? They wouldn't exactly be a great idea..."

"We'll do whatever's necessary," Ben argues. "But top priority is making it out alive and with Elder Brianiz."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Zora agrees. "Now how do we take this bitch down?"

The four friends look to each other and nod their heads. Maybe they couldn't join in the fight right now...but they could help them not die.

--

"You're weak." No.

"No..." Brianiz hugs herself. "No...!" Brianiz and the small pieces of the wand glow. The glow leaves both of them, weakening Brianiz.

"Weaklings like you are meant to be slaves, you don't deserve to be anything more." No.

It's more painful than the mark. Brianiz lets out a horrid scream, crying out in pain. Khutrix watches, a grin on her face.

"This is for being weak! You pathetic low-life!" No!

"You fucking bitch!" Brianiz cries out, breathing even heavier now. She couldn't find air, it hurts to breathe. Her senses are everywhere, she couldn't tell anymore. She curls up but that alone sends her screaming in pain.

"You're suffering because you're WEAK." No!

"Heh, that was a lot more satisfactory than I thought it would be," Khutrix smirks, using her index finger to lift up Brianiz's chin. "Well, looks like you're really powerless now huh? Good. I like you better that way."

"That's right...let me do whatever I want to you~" No!

"Give up everything my little Bri...you're mine~" No!

Khutrix then uses her free hand to reach over and untie Brianiz's hair. Her brown hair erupts from the bun and falls around her.

"Surrender to me." NO!

"Don't underestimate me," Brianiz slams her body against Khutrix. The ghoul flies back, using her claws to steady herself. It lets out a screeching noise.

"You know that this means? It's time for your punishment."

Brianiz covers her ears. It triggers another set of memories. But she doesn't have time for it. She has to fight. But without a wand...her steps falter and she leans against the wall. She lets out another scream.

Khutrix comes running back, this time magic radiating from her. Brianiz clenches her fists, her hands glowing magenta.

They run towards each other, Brianiz and Khutrix's fists collide, sending a wave to the rest of the room.

But they knock down the pillars.

"Shit," Khutrix looks around. "Well, it's great that you're weak and all...but I'm going to take my leave now. I'll be back for you my little Bri."

Brianiz chases after her, the building collapsing around her, as she stumbles. But Khutrix is faster, running into a hallway and a boulder blocks the way.

"Damnit!" Brianiz hisses, wiping blood off of her eye. "I need to fly! C'mon, let me fly!" She falls onto her knees and she bites her lip.

But the pain is too much. The mark stopped glowing but the pain that is left behind is still lingering. Not to mention losing her wand is enough to knock her out right now.

I failed...is the only thought that comes to mind. She screams in pain again.

"I didn't get her..." Brianiz cries out, tears falling. "Damnit! I was supposed to arrest her! I have to! Otherwise..! Otherwise...! She'll kill them..!"

No!

Brianiz couldn't find the strength to move anymore. The pain of losing her wand is too much. She couldn't go. She couldn't dodge the boulders.

It keeps falling. The building is collapsing and Brianiz stands in the center. She looks up at the falling marble.

"Heh...who would've thought...that this would be how I die?" Brianiz chuckles. "Worthless. Yeah, that's exactly what I am aren't I? I couldn't even arrest Khutrix...heh, a fitting end for an idiot like me. The Time Mages-the timeline-I failed."

I didn't even get to see my friends come home...didn't get to see them finally meet their descendants.

Brianiz accepts it. She can't escape. Blood is blocking off her vision. And that's already so blurry. Not to mention she can't use her wings. Her wand was destroyed.

"You're right Khutrix...I am weak," Brianiz wipes the blood off her face again. "How did someone so weak like me become a leader anyway?"

Brianiz lifts her blood covered hand in the air. Looking for something. But all that stares back are the materials used for building the roof.

"You're not going anywhere, you should stop struggling. It'll only make it more painful for you."

"Weaklings like you should be kept under the strong ones feet! Bow down to your Owner!"

"That's right my little Bri...keep it up. I love breaking you. It's so much fun...watching the hope die from your eyes."

"Woah! We're meeting THE Elder Brianiz!"

What?

"Oh my gosh, you're so much cooler in real life!"

"It's a honor to meet you!"

"You're a role model to me! You were the voted the president of your school every time you ran!"

"Not to mention all those awesome awards you got! I heard you and the other members were always part of the student council in your schools and worked together!"

"Brianiz, you are so much braver than I am. Thank you...I do not know what I would have done without your help."

"Girl you better be running for the position of Magic Council! You'll be great! Plus all your friends are doing it too, you guys will be the best Magic Council ever!"

"Let's be the best Magic Council members everyone!"

A small smile forms on Brianiz's face. Maybe...maybe she could find the strength to get out of this after all.

I am a World Leader. I am a member of the Magic Council.

Brianiz grows her wings out, careful to make sure they don't get hit.

I fight to protect my citizens. And as of right now, I may have failed. But I have something that I can always find Khutrix by. I mean, the fact that I'm not dead yet should definitely be used for the greater good now.

She starts to fly, biting down on her lip in pain. Losing her wand is like losing a limb, and damn does it hurt.

And if I want to save the Masters...I have to get out of here and arrest Khutrix. If I want to save the EMs, I HAVE to save the Masters. I have to be strong. Since I'm not dead yet.

Brianiz smiles to herself. Letting Khutrix get into her head is what caused this. Now it's time to go above and beyond that.

It's as though invisible shackles are broken as Brianiz flies through the palace. For extra measure, she blasts through the palace.

Khutrix doesn't have power over me. I am not at her mercy. Things aren't like what they were.

I'm not the weak mage I used to be.

It feels so good to be free! Brianiz flies out in a blur. She doesn't look where she's headed but soars up into the sky. The sun shines down on her, it's warm rays welcoming.

I'm free.

Brianiz opens her eyes and looks around. She isn't in Bad Central. And she isn't in Butong. Nope, she's in the country of the ghouls.

"Oh cool, I hope I can get a quick way home..." Brianiz smiles.

And then she faints.

--

"I'm lying to your brother...for you to be safe."

Amy's words keep on ringing in both Amy and Owen's brains. As much as she tried to find a way to sugar-coat it, she couldn't. Lying and manipulating...it falls under hurting someone. Owen knows that. He's thankful, but he's still worried.

Ku, however, is second guessing his choice of action. Everything is a bit too iffy right now. On one hand, Jamil is smart enough to get this far, meaning he'll be able to figure it out on his own. And Amy's right. It could be in the next few months.

But on the other hand, Owen doesn't want to tell him. After what happened with Urana, it only makes sense. Owen fears losing his brother's love, which is more than understandable.

Jamil will find out. Whether it is by himself or if Owen tells him. But the claim Owen makes is valid given what has happened. Although...Urana's parents were not mages. Jamil is. That does not change the fact that he still has the Nobit mindset.

What is the right choice..? Should I tell Amy to forget about it? Why are we even hid-well, the fear of being rejected.

Owen made his choice though. He does not want to tell Jamil yet. I should ask Ava if her little brother suspects anything too.

For all we know, Tyler could have some suspicions...and her mom too. I would not be surprised at all.

Ku ponders on the kitchen stools. His staff in hand. It's a problem, yes, but is there is a solution? Not one that wouldn't somehow hurt one or the other.

He then takes out his phone and texts Ava. Figured he may as well ask her about this before trying to find the solution to a problem that isn't his.

Maybe I should back off. I have been pushing myself into their lives a lot...

Ava's reply comes as swift as the wind. Ku sighs in relief when he reads it. Neither of them suspect anything. At least, as far as Ava could tell.

Ku's phone rings, he picks it up.

"Hello?"

"Ku! Good! Sorry for the random call but do you know where Amy is by any chance?" It's Kiara.

"No...she just left a few minutes ago from my place...is everything okay?"

"Xian was being an asshole while trying to protect Jamil. I want to apologize to Amy. She did nothing to deserve that."

"She did mention it...it must have been bad if you are calling."

"I think it was. Xian had good intentions but he went about them completely wrong. You see...we have to be wary of the people that hang around Jamil. And although XIAN KNOWS AMY, he went ahead and acted the way he did."

"I see..."

"So I just want to apologize to Amy. It's uncalled for WHAT XIAN DID."

She's totally yelling at Xian at the same time.

"I am sure she would appreciate that."

"I hope so...I would hate for there to be bad blood between all of us."

But Amy said that Xian was right...what was their conversation about?

"Ah, I understand. If Amy wants to forgive Xian then so be it, and if she does not, then I will still respect her decision."

"Again, I'm really sorry about this."

"Could you elaborate on the 'being wary of the people around Jamil' thing?"

"I'm afraid I can't. All I'll say is that the boy is a bit...a bit too naive for this world."

"I see. Well, thank you for letting me know about the situation at hand. I appreciate it."

"Of course, it's the least I could AFTER XIAN ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE ASSHOLE."

Ku couldn't help but laugh. She was clearly simultaneously yelling at her son while talking to Ku. He remembers how his parents used to do that in order to guilt trip them.

"Go a little easy on the poor boy, I will talk to you later," Ku smiles.

"No way, I do not tolerate this kind of behavior. I'll talk to later too Ku," Kiara ends the call.

Ku laughs again, enjoying the conversation. It was funny. Ku smiles down at his phone, remembering Vada and how they used to get into trouble.

"I really miss all three of you..." Ku's voice trails off. "Seriously, Vada...had to go and become a criminal so we can not even hang out in our grand-mage days."

"Gramps! Can I try this new recipe?" Brenton holds up a sheet of paper.

"If you have the ingredients, go right ahead," Ku reads the recipe. "I have never seen this before...what dish is this?"

"Oh, it's actually my own creation!" Brenton grins. "I want to try it out after Red hyung (older brother) taught me a few things." He grabs the pink apron from the cabinet and ties it onto him.

"Well that sounds interesting," Ku smiles. "And here everyone thought you only cook from the cook book."

"Please, you have to be a little creative when you're low on money," Brenton finishes tying his apron. It has frills and flowers all over it that look messily drawn on. "I'm no chef, but I think I'm a pretty good cook."

"Haha, well I want to be the first one to taste test!" Ku exclaims.

"Of course!" Brenton grins. "Don't tell Owen but I'm gonna use the spices he brought back."

"You do not mind if I watch you cook right?"

"Of course not! Enjoy the show Gramps, I'll make it worthwhile," Brenton winks, a knife in hand.

He then starts to cut all sorts of different ingredients. Brenton cuts them up with precision and speed, his eyes completely focused-something Ku doesn't see very often.

Brenton looks graceful and majestic as he works. From cutting to frying to cooking to setting, it's mesmerizing to watch.

"You are really good in kitchen Brenton," Ku notices. Admiration swells up inside the old man.

"Thanks Gramps, but I sill have a lot to learn," Brenton smiles. He puts in the remaining ingredients and lets them cook. "You and Red hyung are really great too and I want to learn a lot more from you guys."

"I see...but why do you want to improve? You are already plenty good. I guess what I am trying to ask is...why cooking? Why start cooking?"

"The thing is...food makes people happy. And if I can make food that brings a smile to people's faces, it makes it so much more precious. Cooking is so broad and creative and...it's one of the only things that will always bring people together," Brenton smiles. "If I improve, I can make better dishes that taste even better than before."

"You crazy lot sure are something," Ku grins. "It is something worth admiring."

--

Amy goes back to Zodiac Cove. Her phone buzzes and she checks the message.

Jamil: my grandma told me something before she disappeared...she told me she was going somewhere and she wanted me to tell her that me and Owen are okay. She said she wouldn't be able to come back soon. And then she told me: we're special Jamil. One day you'll see that, and it'll lead you and Owen home.

Amy couldn't help but feel bad. Pity, nothing but pity. Because she knows, she knows what their grandma is trying to say. She wanted them to escape their parents and go back to where they're supposed to be.

Amy: wow this sounds like a whole origin story for a super hero lol r u sure she doesn't mean Pakistan?

No reply. Amy frowns, not even the three dots to show that he's typing. He didn't even read it yet...

Her phone buzzes and she quickly checks it. Her face falls when she sees that it's not from Jamil. Amy reads the message from Ms. Rose and Xian.

Mama Rose: I am so sorry that Xian was such an asshole to you! I made sure to tell him that it wasn't okay.

Xian: I'm really sorry, I know I was being an asshole. It's just that Jamil has been known to get into trouble tons of times and I'm just worried about him.

Amy didn't exactly blame Xian for anything. Hell, he was right. And to prove that, the conversation she had with Ku and Owen proves it.

Amy: don't worry mama rose! I know he's like that, and I can understand where he's coming from. But I'm not hesitating to throw a punch next time ;)

Amy: I'm not mad at you but you really could've tried to be less of an asshole lol either way, I get it. You were trying to watch out for your best friend but he's not a kid. You shouldn't treat him like one

Xian: I know and I'm really sorry...if you don't mind can I ask you something?

Amy: sure, go ahead

Xian: you'll protect him too right? Even if you find out the truth...you won't jump into action right?

Amy: I have no idea what you mean...but of course I wanna protect him. He's my friend and I want what's best for him too

Xian: cool, so it's alright if I try to get you two married right?

Amy: What the hell dude

Xian: hey, I told you that I ship you two lol you guys would make such a cool couple!

Amy: ...........

Xian: I'm serious! Like it's the whole bad boy, nerdy girl but switched and it's so cute!!! A bad girl with a nerdy boy and damn you two would be so good together

Amy: imma stop you right there dude, you gotta stop. Don't you like him?

Xian: he's my best friend genius, of course I like him

Amy: no, I mean in a romantic way

Xian: I don't lol I know I'm gay but I don't like Jamil like that Lololol I can't believe you just suspected me of the oldest stereotype in the book! 😂😂😂

Amy: okay I see I probably just read it all wrong 😂😂😂

Xian: Yeah..you did, we're cool right? I don't want there to be any bad feelings

Amy: nah we're cool. Just don't claim something like that next time, I will punch you

Xian: really???!!! Oh thank u!!!!! I'm really so sorry!!!! I hate it when I do it but when it comes to Jamil, I just become an asshole!!!!

Amy: Lol relax, but you need to work on that

Xian: you have no idea how much it means to hear you say that :)

Amy: good good, but seriously, I will punch you if you do this again

Xian: feel free

Amy: alright talk to ya later

Xian: ya, again I'm really sorry

Amy; don't worry

I do feel bad. I know that he's genuinely sorry...and honestly, it wasn't all that bad anyway. I've heard worse. And he wasn't wrong at all.

I'm literally here to manipulate Jamil so that Owen has more time to decide. He better decide quickly, I can't believe I'm doing this for him!

Ughhhh, teenagers.

Uhhhh, we were one too!

Yeah, thanks for the information Captain Obvious.

Hey! I can feel that eye roll!

Moving on...

Amy sighs, resting her chin on her arms. She looks at the sun setting in the distance. Bands of gold and pink swirl together in the sky. It's rather beautiful.

A small smile appears on Amy's face. Well, whatever happens...she doesn't need to worry. Everything will work out. And besides, she has her family and friends. What more does she need?

Yeah, that's right...as long as I've got them...that doesn't make me feel any better. You know this is wrong.

I know this isn't what I want to do.

But I can't tell him.

Owen needs to tell him, that's his brother.

Sensei said just to make sure he doesn't find out or get closer. He didn't specifically say manipulate or lie to him...

There's another sigh. Amy groans, thinking is so annoying. She gets up and drives around. She doesn't know how long it's been...but the moon is well overhead.

Millions of stars shine against the black coat tonight. Amy looks up and smiles, they're pretty. Her phone buzzes and Amy reaches for it to read the message. She stops on the side of the road.

Jamil: Xian can you come to the woods? The one that connects like all the neighborhoods? Hurry please...

Jamil: I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to send this to you!

Amy: what's wrong?

Jamil: Nothing! I'm so sorry about that

Oh now I'm totally going. This spells a mystery.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145 0 36
The return of a mage marks the start of differing opinions. Do you trust someone who's already broken your trust? Or... Do you make them prove that...
460 164 49
Being one of the people that left earth during the reset was not on: Rose, John's, or Lily's list. They all now have to learn what it means to grow...
1.7K 266 58
"What, you wanna go back to Earth and just hope it turns out okay? Knowing all this is out here?" Sabrina and Scotty Devon's summer trip took them fu...
58 0 7
You remember in Brave when she wanted to change her fate somehow I was able to do the same thing go back in time change my form no one will notice I'...